independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Why is Ciara a flop?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 12/17/19 3:15am

BlaqueKnight

avatar

I thought "Promise" was a very good step in the right direction for Ciara. It showed some growth. "Body Party" actually re-established what could have been a lane for her. Part of the problem is that her up-tempo songs are way too simple. She's not a great singer, so she needs great tracks. A bad career move for her was letting her relationship at the time cross breed with her career. She should never have let Future produce her records. (Janet/Jermaine syndrome)

Russel really did save her. She didn't marry "laterally" as mentioned earlier. She married UP; way up. Ciara may have had a modicum of popularity but Russell was the prize that all of the celebrity women were trying to win.

After her failure to launch and stay in the air, she sacrificed her career for her family. I truly hope she is happier for it. The industry chews up and spits out Ciaras on the regular. Think I'm lying? Where are Blu Cantrell, Olivia, Mya, Amerie, Christina Millian, Keri Hilson, Tweet, etc.....I can go on, easily. When was the last time someone was checking for a Truth Hurts record? If you say Brooke Valentine to somebody now, they would think you were either talking about a porn star or a female wrestler or something.

My point is, Ciara landed herself a "good husband" and made a nice family with him. She never has to want for anything and if she chooses to drop a record, she can. It really doesn't matter if its a chart success or not. It can just be a creative outlet for her. She gets to be a mom and still drop music and never has to leave the mansion to tour and be away from her family for extended periods of time.

In today's world where everyone is supposed to be career driven (who made that rule?) and gets shamed if they aren't, I think she is a true success story. She actually recognizes that "having it all" means prioritizing what matters.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 12/17/19 9:20am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

BlaqueKnight said:

I thought "Promise" was a very good step in the right direction for Ciara. It showed some growth. "Body Party" actually re-established what could have been a lane for her. Part of the problem is that her up-tempo songs are way too simple. She's not a great singer, so she needs great tracks. A bad career move for her was letting her relationship at the time cross breed with her career. She should never have let Future produce her records. (Janet/Jermaine syndrome)

Russel really did save her. She didn't marry "laterally" as mentioned earlier. She married UP; way up. Ciara may have had a modicum of popularity but Russell was the prize that all of the celebrity women were trying to win.

After her failure to launch and stay in the air, she sacrificed her career for her family. I truly hope she is happier for it. The industry chews up and spits out Ciaras on the regular. Think I'm lying? Where are Blu Cantrell, Olivia, Mya, Amerie, Christina Millian, Keri Hilson, Tweet, etc.....I can go on, easily. When was the last time someone was checking for a Truth Hurts record? If you say Brooke Valentine to somebody now, they would think you were either talking about a porn star or a female wrestler or something.

My point is, Ciara landed herself a "good husband" and made a nice family with him. She never has to want for anything and if she chooses to drop a record, she can. It really doesn't matter if its a chart success or not. It can just be a creative outlet for her. She gets to be a mom and still drop music and never has to leave the mansion to tour and be away from her family for extended periods of time.

In today's world where everyone is supposed to be career driven (who made that rule?) and gets shamed if they aren't, I think she is a true success story. She actually recognizes that "having it all" means prioritizing what matters.

On point for sure

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?

#IDEFINEME
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 12/17/19 11:02am

RJOrion

BlaqueKnight said:

I thought "Promise" was a very good step in the right direction for Ciara. It showed some growth. "Body Party" actually re-established what could have been a lane for her. Part of the problem is that her up-tempo songs are way too simple. She's not a great singer, so she needs great tracks. A bad career move for her was letting her relationship at the time cross breed with her career. She should never have let Future produce her records. (Janet/Jermaine syndrome)


Russel really did save her. She didn't marry "laterally" as mentioned earlier. She married UP; way up. Ciara may have had a modicum of popularity but Russell was the prize that all of the celebrity women were trying to win.


After her failure to launch and stay in the air, she sacrificed her career for her family. I truly hope she is happier for it. The industry chews up and spits out Ciaras on the regular. Think I'm lying? Where are Blu Cantrell, Olivia, Mya, Amerie, Christina Millian, Keri Hilson, Tweet, etc.....I can go on, easily. When was the last time someone was checking for a Truth Hurts record? If you say Brooke Valentine to somebody now, they would think you were either talking about a porn star or a female wrestler or something.



My point is, Ciara landed herself a "good husband" and made a nice family with him. She never has to want for anything and if she chooses to drop a record, she can. It really doesn't matter if its a chart success or not. It can just be a creative outlet for her. She gets to be a mom and still drop music and never has to leave the mansion to tour and be away from her family for extended periods of time.


In today's world where everyone is supposed to be career driven (who made that rule?) and gets shamed if they aren't, I think she is a true success story. She actually recognizes that "having it all" means prioritizing what matters.





well said
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 12/18/19 1:11pm

namepeace

RJOrion said:

BlaqueKnight said:

I thought "Promise" was a very good step in the right direction for Ciara. It showed some growth. "Body Party" actually re-established what could have been a lane for her. Part of the problem is that her up-tempo songs are way too simple. She's not a great singer, so she needs great tracks. A bad career move for her was letting her relationship at the time cross breed with her career. She should never have let Future produce her records. (Janet/Jermaine syndrome)

Russel really did save her. She didn't marry "laterally" as mentioned earlier. She married UP; way up. Ciara may have had a modicum of popularity but Russell was the prize that all of the celebrity women were trying to win.

After her failure to launch and stay in the air, she sacrificed her career for her family. I truly hope she is happier for it. The industry chews up and spits out Ciaras on the regular. Think I'm lying? Where are Blu Cantrell, Olivia, Mya, Amerie, Christina Millian, Keri Hilson, Tweet, etc.....I can go on, easily. When was the last time someone was checking for a Truth Hurts record? If you say Brooke Valentine to somebody now, they would think you were either talking about a porn star or a female wrestler or something.

My point is, Ciara landed herself a "good husband" and made a nice family with him. She never has to want for anything and if she chooses to drop a record, she can. It really doesn't matter if its a chart success or not. It can just be a creative outlet for her. She gets to be a mom and still drop music and never has to leave the mansion to tour and be away from her family for extended periods of time.

In today's world where everyone is supposed to be career driven (who made that rule?) and gets shamed if they aren't, I think she is a true success story. She actually recognizes that "having it all" means prioritizing what matters.

well said


Agreed; especially with the parts bolded in red.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 12/18/19 1:30pm

Cinny

avatar

BlaqueKnight said:

"having it all" means prioritizing what matters.


siggy-worthy

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 12/27/19 10:40am

woogiebear

Sh*t: Russell Wilson BOUGHT Her Masters from the Record Label!!! Prince would be PROUD!!!

cool cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 12/30/19 7:26am

Cinny

avatar

woogiebear said:

Sh*t: Russell Wilson BOUGHT Her Masters from the Record Label!!! Prince would be PROUD!!!

cool cool


did he? I just saw she had her own company starting, like, this year.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 12/30/19 4:32pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

I was just playing Ciara's "Oh" single this morning on my gold BeatsByDre MEGA headphones while I was working out in the gym. It sounded so good! I believe she should have stayed crunk and not changed her musical style. She doesn't have the versatility vocal wise like Janet has to do that. Luckily she made the right decision FINALLY in a man. Now she can basically use him to fall back on when she makes her musical mistakes. They make a striking couple.

"eye feel like we're on the brink of something. It's going 2 B strict & wild & pretty" prince
This nomination is not just 4 me; it’s 4 prince & 4 the fans.prince truly did whatever prince needed 2 do 2 make the fans happy.prince gave his life 4 his fans. Ms E
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 12/31/19 12:36pm

Cinny

avatar

"Oh" does still sound amazing. Wonder what she would make with Dre & Vidal and Jazze Pha now?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 12/31/19 2:27pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

Cinny said:

"Oh" does still sound amazing. Wonder what she would make with Dre & Vidal and Jazze Pha now?

That sound fitted Ciara's voice so well just like JJ&TL's sound fitted Janet's. She needs to ask her husband Russell to get an advance together and bring them back to her.

"eye feel like we're on the brink of something. It's going 2 B strict & wild & pretty" prince
This nomination is not just 4 me; it’s 4 prince & 4 the fans.prince truly did whatever prince needed 2 do 2 make the fans happy.prince gave his life 4 his fans. Ms E
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 01/03/20 7:33pm

macaylasdad

her music is garbarge. The music public woke up to that fact and put her out to pastures... lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 01/03/20 7:58pm

woogiebear

Cinny said:

woogiebear said:

Sh*t: Russell Wilson BOUGHT Her Masters from the Record Label!!! Prince would be PROUD!!!

cool cool


did he? I just saw she had her own company starting, like, this year.

Yes He DID!!! She can do what She wanna do from this point on!!!!

cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 01/04/20 9:19am

Free2BMe

I love Ciara and only wish her continued success in her career and happiness in her personal life.
[Edited 1/4/20 9:20am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 01/06/20 3:23pm

Cinny

avatar

Did you guys see her hosting the Hollywood location of ABC's Rockin' Eve on New Year's? She also performed right there on the spot.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Why is Ciara a flop?