independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 18th Sep 2019 1:00pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Sinead O'Connor sang Nothing Compares 2 U on Irish TV Last Night....
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 09/09/19 9:14am

kitbradley

avatar

I love both Sinead and Prince's versions of the song. They are both completely different but very impressive. And I am glad to see she appears to be doing better.

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 09/09/19 12:34pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

nosajd said:

Damn good performance!



yeahthat

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 09/09/19 12:58pm

looby

SoulAlive said:

IstenSzek said:

oh shit, the amount of shady shit you lot forgive prince for, yet a bipolar woman
who obviously had a bad experience with prince (regardless of how much she's
exaggerated or contorted the tale over the years), we should stay mad at. right.



I was 'done' with her after she said that Prince was getting drugs from Arsenio Hall.That is obviously a vicious lie disbelief Some things you can't forgive.

And just how do you know that what she said is "obviously a vicious lie?" What if what she said is the truth? And who made you God, stating that you can't forgive someone? You didn't know Prince and you don't know Sinead either, and you don't know anything that happened between she and Prince! I'm telling you, some fans are too obsessive and fanatical, thinking that just because they are a fan that listen to a person's music, and goes to a concert or two, that they know the person intimately, when they really don't know anything about them at all!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 09/09/19 1:13pm

SoulAlive

looby said:

SoulAlive said:

I was 'done' with her after she said that Prince was getting drugs from Arsenio Hall.That is obviously a vicious lie disbelief Some things you can't forgive.

And just how do you know that what she said is "obviously a vicious lie?" What if what she said is the truth? And who made you God, stating that you can't forgive someone? You didn't know Prince and you don't know Sinead either, and you don't know anything that happened between she and Prince! I'm telling you, some fans are too obsessive and fanatical, thinking that just because they are a fan that listen to a person's music, and goes to a concert or two, that they know the person intimately, when they really don't know anything about them at all!

If what she said is true,why did she back down and apologize when Arsenio sued her? hmmm

If you wanna defend this crazy witch,go right ahead....some of us know better.

...

[Edited 9/9/19 13:15pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 09/09/19 1:50pm

looby

SoulAlive said:

looby said:

And just how do you know that what she said is "obviously a vicious lie?" What if what she said is the truth? And who made you God, stating that you can't forgive someone? You didn't know Prince and you don't know Sinead either, and you don't know anything that happened between she and Prince! I'm telling you, some fans are too obsessive and fanatical, thinking that just because they are a fan that listen to a person's music, and goes to a concert or two, that they know the person intimately, when they really don't know anything about them at all!

If what she said is true,why did she back down and apologize when Arsenio sued her? hmmm

If you wanna defend this crazy witch,go right ahead....some of us know better.

...

[Edited 9/9/19 13:15pm]

To be honest, you're calling this woman a crazy witch, when it's you who appears to be the crazy one, going off about a singer that you don't even know personally, concerning another singer that you probably didn't know either! Why are you even involving yourself in whatever she said and did, about Prince or anyone else, as if it's your business? My God, get a life! Prince is dead, and that part of his life is over! I'm pretty sure that's he's no longer concerned about anything that may or may not have happened between himself and Sinead O'Connor, so why are you? You call Sinead O'Connor crazy, but you don't appear all that sane yourself!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 09/09/19 1:52pm

jfenster

did she ever blame her Prince comments on her illness issues???

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 09/09/19 1:53pm

SoulAlive

.

[Edited 9/9/19 13:54pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 09/09/19 1:55pm

SoulAlive

looby said:

SoulAlive said:

If what she said is true,why did she back down and apologize when Arsenio sued her? hmmm

If you wanna defend this crazy witch,go right ahead....some of us know better.

To be honest, you're calling this woman a crazy witch, when it's you who appears to be the crazy one, going off about a singer that you don't even know personally, concerning another singer that you probably didn't know either! Why are you even involving yourself in whatever she said and did, about Prince or anyone else, as if it's your business? My God, get a life! Prince is dead, and that part of his life is over! I'm pretty sure that's he's no longer concerned about anything that may or may not have happened between himself and Sinead O'Connor, so why are you? You call Sinead O'Connor crazy, but you don't appear all that sane yourself!

bored I already explained my view.You'll have to find someone else to argue with.I'm done.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 09/09/19 2:10pm

looby

SoulAlive said:

looby said:

To be honest, you're calling this woman a crazy witch, when it's you who appears to be the crazy one, going off about a singer that you don't even know personally, concerning another singer that you probably didn't know either! Why are you even involving yourself in whatever she said and did, about Prince or anyone else, as if it's your business? My God, get a life! Prince is dead, and that part of his life is over! I'm pretty sure that's he's no longer concerned about anything that may or may not have happened between himself and Sinead O'Connor, so why are you? You call Sinead O'Connor crazy, but you don't appear all that sane yourself!

bored I already explained my view.You'll have to find someone else to argue with.I'm done.

SoulAlive, I don't want to argue with you nor anyone here, but you shouldn't be so mean and nasty to this woman, that we all know (or most of us know) has had a hard time mentally. I just feel bad for her and all she's been through in her life, and think that we should treat one another with more compassion, love, and understanding. Even if Prince were alive, I don't think he would attack Sinead, or say anything cruel and nasty about her for anything she said about him, because I think he knew that she had issues.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 09/10/19 11:37am

Cinny

avatar

peppeken said:

and it was magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/w...KuGUP-C9Ko

That was awesome! biggrin

The people on this thread who are not enjoying this performance are obviously still mad about something. neutral

Says a lot when almost every 2016 tribute to Prince was actually the hit she made famous. lurking

I really like the Cinematic Mix exclusive to Target and Japan on Prince's Originals, but even that arrangement owes a debt to Nellee Hooper's production. wink

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 09/10/19 11:44am

nextedition

avatar

SoulAlive said:



looby said:




SoulAlive said:




I was 'done' with her after she said that Prince was getting drugs from Arsenio Hall.That is obviously a vicious lie disbelief Some things you can't forgive.



And just how do you know that what she said is "obviously a vicious lie?" What if what she said is the truth? And who made you God, stating that you can't forgive someone? You didn't know Prince and you don't know Sinead either, and you don't know anything that happened between she and Prince! I'm telling you, some fans are too obsessive and fanatical, thinking that just because they are a fan that listen to a person's music, and goes to a concert or two, that they know the person intimately, when they really don't know anything about them at all!




If what she said is true,why did she back down and apologize when Arsenio sued her? hmmm



If you wanna defend this crazy witch,go right ahead....some of us know better.



...

[Edited 9/9/19 13:15pm]


So jugdemental.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 09/10/19 2:10pm

Missmusicluver
72

kitbradley said:

I love both Sinead and Prince's versions of the song. They are both completely different but very impressive. And I am glad to see she appears to be doing better.

Agreed.

Love is God, God is love, girls and boys love God above~
The only Love there is, is the Love We Make~
Prince4Ever
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 09/10/19 2:14pm

Cinny

avatar

Missmusicluver72 said:

kitbradley said:

I love both Sinead and Prince's versions of the song. They are both completely different but very impressive. And I am glad to see she appears to be doing better.

Agreed.

yeahthat

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Sinead O'Connor sang Nothing Compares 2 U on Irish TV Last Night....