independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 19th Oct 2019 3:17pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > The Star of The Bobby DeBarge Story Roshon Fegan
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/07/19 1:29pm

kitbradley

avatar

The Star of The Bobby DeBarge Story Roshon Fegan

Those wigs, though. lol lol lol lol


"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/07/19 2:49pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

What--your hair didn't look like a wig way back then?!! razz lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/07/19 3:43pm

BalladofPeterP
arker

I am ashamed to admit I'm going to watch this crap fest. Seriously.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/07/19 5:35pm

Abdul

I'll be watching this too, can't wait! biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/07/19 5:43pm

MotorBootyAffa
ir

Look like Candi Staton with a mustache.

Katie Kinisky: "So What Are The Latest Dances, Nell?"
Nell Carter: "Anything The Black Folks did Last Year"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/09/19 9:54pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

BalladofPeterParker said:

I am ashamed to admit I'm going to watch this crap fest. Seriously.

yeahthat

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/10/19 1:51pm

Ottensen

As far as the beauty industry has come with lace front wigs, the hairstyling dept. on this film knows damned well they need to be ashamed for the travesty they have sitting on that child's head.

Outside of this, I'll definitely be watching. After watching Bobby's "Unsung" episode I got kind of creeped outby the monster he descened into so far as the abuse allegations are concerned, but I'm still intrigued enough to want to delve deeper into his musical legacy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/10/19 1:52pm

Ottensen

MotorBootyAffair said:

Look like Candi Staton with a mustache.

Welp, young hearts, run free, then.

.

lol lol lol lol

.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/11/19 1:52pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

I wonder who came up with the idea for this movie. It's more random than the biopics for Michel'le & Miki Howard. lol It might have made more sense if it was about the DeBarge family, or if someone was singled out, then El since he's the most well known.

For 65 years straight, the #1 genre in music, selling wise, was rock n' roll worldwide. Last year (2017) in June, it got de-crowned by hip hop. Hip hop is the #1 genre. It's hip hop - rock - country - pop or pop - country. ~ Pras
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/13/19 5:03pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

<br/><a href="http://oi68.tinypic.com/2ijksbr.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

eek

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances." prince AMA's 1985
“When eye say, ‘eye own “Purple Rain,” eye sound like Kanye.” He paused.“Who eye consider a friend.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/14/19 6:35am

kitbradley

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

<br/><a href="http://oi68.tinypic.com/2ijksbr.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

eek

Looks nothing like her but at least she doesn't look like a bad SNL skit character like most of the others in this movie.

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/14/19 9:08am

BlackCat1985

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

<br/><a href="http://oi68.tinypic.com/2ijksbr.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>




eek



Lol! I wonder how Janet feels about all of these biopics either mentioning her or actually having her featured in them. I would love to see one done on her.
BlackCat1985
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/14/19 9:14am

BlackCat1985

avatar

Ottensen said:

As far as the beauty industry has come with lace front wigs, the hairstyling dept. on this film knows damned well they need to be ashamed for the travesty they have sitting on that child's head.



Outside of this, I'll definitely be watching. After watching Bobby's "Unsung" episode I got kind of creeped outby the monster he descened into so far as the abuse allegations are concerned, but I'm still intrigued enough to want to delve deeper into his musical legacy.



I cringe whenever I hear women fond over Bobby. This dude was literally rapping his younger brothers from small kids until they were man. I know Bobby's father was rapping him and Bunny. But you would figure that he would try to protect his siblings not do the same thing his father did. The Debarges are not happy about this movie. They were not consulted by anyone on this movie. Probably because the producers were only able to pay Bobby's widow $20,000.
BlackCat1985
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/14/19 9:57am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

BlackCat1985 said:

Ottensen said:

As far as the beauty industry has come with lace front wigs, the hairstyling dept. on this film knows damned well they need to be ashamed for the travesty they have sitting on that child's head.



Outside of this, I'll definitely be watching. After watching Bobby's "Unsung" episode I got kind of creeped outby the monster he descened into so far as the abuse allegations are concerned, but I'm still intrigued enough to want to delve deeper into his musical legacy.



I cringe whenever I hear women fond over Bobby. This dude was literally rapping his younger brothers from small kids until they were man. I know Bobby's father was rapping him and Bunny. But you would figure that he would try to protect his siblings not do the same thing his father did. The Debarges are not happy about this movie. They were not consulted by anyone on this movie. Probably because the producers were only able to pay Bobby's widow $20,000.


Bobby was a drug addict that was NEVER in his right mind. I wonder will this biopic go deep into everything he was into.
"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances." prince AMA's 1985
“When eye say, ‘eye own “Purple Rain,” eye sound like Kanye.” He paused.“Who eye consider a friend.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/14/19 5:25pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

BlackCat1985 said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

2ijksbr.jpg

eek

Lol! I wonder how Janet feels about all of these biopics either mentioning her or actually having her featured in them. I would love to see one done on her.

tenor.gif?itemid=4484702

[Edited 5/14/19 17:28pm]

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/14/19 5:39pm

SoulAlive

MickyDolenz said:

I wonder who came up with the idea for this movie. It's more random than the biopics for Michel'le & Miki Howard. lol It might have made more sense if it was about the DeBarge family, or if someone was singled out, then El since he's the most well known.


Yeah,It seems odd that they’re giving Bobby his own movie.It would have made more sense to just do a DeBarge family movie.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/14/19 9:01pm

phunkdaddy

avatar

Would have been interesting if they had gotten El's fine daughter Kendall Ferguson to play

Janet. Kendall's mom is fine too.

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/15/19 4:51pm

onlyforaminute

The actor is a cutey, but uh yeah the wigs and those little clips are not working.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/30/19 5:58pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

22h22 hours ago

who Casted The Janet Jackson role cause they alway picking girls that don’t even look like Janet. First the Bobby Brown Story now The Bobby DeBarge Story Like that’s a shame.

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/30/19 8:30pm

SoulAlive

My sister saw it yesterday and she said it was terrible lol any of you see it?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/30/19 9:09pm

Abdul

I haven't watched it yet, it's on my DVR and I expect it to be terrible biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/30/19 9:44pm

BalladofPeterP
arker

SoulAlive said:

My sister saw it yesterday and she said it was terrible lol any of you see it?

Yes, I saw it. I have been diagnosed with "Fecal Documentary Syndrome". Fortunately my eyesight is expected to make a full return.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/01/19 6:31pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

I watched it on You Tube......I give it a 2 out of 5 popcorn those wigs were way too distracting (they made Bobby's hair look like a droopy mop) eek The Bobby DeBarge Story (2019) here is the link https://www.youtube.com/w...W03XJy3rJk

[Edited 7/1/19 18:36pm]

[Edited 7/1/19 19:51pm]

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/02/19 9:42am

kitbradley

avatar

Goddess4Real said:

I watched it on You Tube......I give it a 2 out of 5 popcorn those wigs were way too distracting (they made Bobby's hair look like a droopy mop) eek The Bobby DeBarge Story (2019) here is the link https://www.youtube.com/w...W03XJy3rJk

[Edited 7/1/19 18:36pm]

[Edited 7/1/19 19:51pm]

Shoot! The video has been deleted. I'm sure TV-ONE had it removed.
"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/02/19 10:28pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

kitbradley said:

Goddess4Real said:

I watched it on You Tube......I give it a 2 out of 5 popcorn those wigs were way too distracting (they made Bobby's hair look like a droopy mop) eek The Bobby DeBarge Story (2019) here is the link https://www.youtube.com/w...W03XJy3rJk

[Edited 7/1/19 18:36pm]

[Edited 7/1/19 19:51pm]

Shoot! The video has been deleted. I'm sure TV-ONE had it removed.

Damn it no no no!

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > The Star of The Bobby DeBarge Story Roshon Fegan