independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 26th May 2019 7:57am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Every Move You Make -- The Police Vinyl Box Set Coming 11/16/18!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/05/18 8:27am

namepeace

Every Move You Make -- The Police Vinyl Box Set Coming 11/16/18!

Vinyl collectors rejoice!


The Police's full discography has been remastered and will be released on 180g vinyl on November 16, 2018. It will include a bonus disc of outtakes, most of which were previously released on with their CD boxset.

https://consequenceofsoun...e-box-set/

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/05/18 10:43am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

I remember when their previous box set came out in the 90s, Message In A Box. It was touted as "here it is, everything Police ever recorded", yet fans immediately took them to task for forgetting some key tracks that existed. I wonder if this set is going to truly be complete (or is meant to be).

Even the previous set was a nice set to have. This looks good, too.

[Edited 10/5/18 10:48am]

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/05/18 11:50am

namepeace

TrivialPursuit said:

I remember when their previous box set came out in the 90s, Message In A Box. It was touted as "here it is, everything Police ever recorded", yet fans immediately took them to task for forgetting some key tracks that existed. I wonder if this set is going to truly be complete (or is meant to be).

Even the previous set was a nice set to have. This looks good, too.

[Edited 10/5/18 10:48am]


True and fair points.

I don't think it's as comprehensive as MIAB because it would require maybe 3-6 more vinyl discs. I'm just thrilled to get the albums in remastered 180g discs.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/05/18 1:17pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

namepeace said:

I don't think it's as comprehensive as MIAB because it would require maybe 3-6 more vinyl discs. I'm just thrilled to get the albums in remastered 180g discs.


I'm with you. There is no real way to put a smattering of outtakes on vinyl without it being a 10 or 12 disk set (depending on the artist or whatever). The real pull is getting the albums remastered on 180g. I'd respect the set even more if it was just billed as a remastered album anthology vinyl set. They don't have that many studio albums anyway.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/05/18 2:33pm

namepeace

TrivialPursuit said:

namepeace said:

I don't think it's as comprehensive as MIAB because it would require maybe 3-6 more vinyl discs. I'm just thrilled to get the albums in remastered 180g discs.


I'm with you. There is no real way to put a smattering of outtakes on vinyl without it being a 10 or 12 disk set (depending on the artist or whatever). The real pull is getting the albums remastered on 180g. I'd respect the set even more if it was just billed as a remastered album anthology vinyl set. They don't have that many studio albums anyway.


True.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Every Move You Make -- The Police Vinyl Box Set Coming 11/16/18!