independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Global Superstar Mariah Carey Signs With SESAC!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/15/14 5:20pm

HAPPYPERSON

Global Superstar Mariah Carey Signs With SESAC!

[img:$uid]http://i61.tinypic.com/3522iph.jpg[/img:$uid]

The Best-Selling Female Artist of All Time joins SESAC on the Heels of the Release of Her Brand New Critically Acclaimed Album Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse
SESAC has signed un-paralleled singer, songwriter and producer Mariah Carey for representation. "SESAC couldn't be more excited to sign Mariah Carey to our family of songwriters," said Trevor Gale, Senior Vice President, SESAC. "Mariah Carey is without question one of the most gifted and influential artists ever and is truly iconic. While simultaneously remaining relevant, she continues dominating the charts in an unprecedented multi-format fashion. We are ecstatic to have the rare opportunity to work with such a prolific songwriter and producer. Mariah wrote, produced and used her incredible instrument to weave together her new album, which is being greeted with massive critical acclaim worldwide. She manages to top herself with each project and continues to transcend the music industry and the typical categorization of music, setting a standard that has yet to be matched. We are honored to have Mariah Carey in the SESAC family."


"I'm excited to join the SESAC family and embark on this voyage together," says Mariah Carey. "This album has been a personal journey and it is very close to my heart. I am confident that this partnership will allow me to explore new channels and audiences with my music."
Mariah Carey is the best-selling female artist of all time with more than 200 million albums sold to date and 18 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (17 self-penned), more than any solo artist in history. Mariah is a singer/songwriter/producer recognized with multiple GRAMMY® Awards, 21 American Music Awards, Billboard's "Artist of the Decade" Award, the World Music Award for "World's Best Selling Female Artist of the Millennium," and BMI's "Icon Award" for her outstanding achievements in songwriting, to name a few – with her distinct five-octave vocal range, prolific songwriting, and producing talent, Mariah is truly the template of the modern pop performance. Mariah Carey's ongoing impact transcends the music industry to leave an indelible imprint upon the world at large. Mariah Carey made her entrée into the world of independent film with her breakthrough performance for her role in WiseGirls staring alongside academy award winner Mira Sorvino and Melora Walters. In 2009, she was recognized with the Breakthrough Performance Award at the Palm Spring International Film Festival for her critically acclaimed role in Lee Daniel's Precious and most recently appeared in his latest stellar ensemble in The Butler (2013). A Congressional Award recipient, Mariah has generously donated her time and energy to a range of philanthropic causes near to her heart including Save the Music, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, World Hunger Relief, and the Elton John AIDS Foundation, among many others. A tremendous supporter of children’s charities, both domestic and international, Mariah founded Camp Mariah in partnership with the Fresh Air Fund, a retreat for inner city children to explore career development. Mariah has just released her critically-acclaimed new album, Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse, on May 27th, 2014 (Def Jam Recordings).

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.live...z37aOYgCnz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/15/14 6:53pm

TeeeeHaaaaHooo
o

So...is SESAC gonna get her new music played on the radio?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/15/14 9:53pm

TheSanzSpot

She needs to get her ass on the Adkins diet, a treadmill and then.. promote the hell out of this album. What the hell is she waiting on???? It's a good solid record in my opinion but it's not worth anything if she doesn't get out there and push it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/15/14 10:25pm

SoulAlive

TheSanzSpot said:

She needs to get her ass on the Adkins diet, a treadmill and then.. promote the hell out of this album. What the hell is she waiting on???? It's a good solid record in my opinion but it's not worth anything if she doesn't get out there and push it.

I think her new album is already DEAD.She should probably take 6 months off,become inspired again,and start working on another album.Oh...and get a new manager lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/16/14 1:21am

rlittler81

avatar

HAPPYPERSON said:

[img:$uid]http://i61.tinypic.com/3522iph.jpg[/img:$uid]

The Best-Selling Female Artist of All Time joins SESAC on the Heels of the Release of Her Brand New Critically Acclaimed Album Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse
SESAC has signed un-paralleled singer, songwriter and producer Mariah Carey for representation. "SESAC couldn't be more excited to sign Mariah Carey to our family of songwriters," said Trevor Gale, Senior Vice President, SESAC. "Mariah Carey is without question one of the most gifted and influential artists ever and is truly iconic. While simultaneously remaining relevant, she continues dominating the charts in an unprecedented multi-format fashion. We are ecstatic to have the rare opportunity to work with such a prolific songwriter and producer. Mariah wrote, produced and used her incredible instrument to weave together her new album, which is being greeted with massive critical acclaim worldwide. She manages to top herself with each project and continues to transcend the music industry and the typical categorization of music, setting a standard that has yet to be matched. We are honored to have Mariah Carey in the SESAC family."


"I'm excited to join the SESAC family and embark on this voyage together," says Mariah Carey. "This album has been a personal journey and it is very close to my heart. I am confident that this partnership will allow me to explore new channels and audiences with my music."
Mariah Carey is the best-selling female artist of all time with more than 200 million albums sold to date and 18 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (17 self-penned), more than any solo artist in history. Mariah is a singer/songwriter/producer recognized with multiple GRAMMY® Awards, 21 American Music Awards, Billboard's "Artist of the Decade" Award, the World Music Award for "World's Best Selling Female Artist of the Millennium," and BMI's "Icon Award" for her outstanding achievements in songwriting, to name a few – with her distinct five-octave vocal range, prolific songwriting, and producing talent, Mariah is truly the template of the modern pop performance. Mariah Carey's ongoing impact transcends the music industry to leave an indelible imprint upon the world at large. Mariah Carey made her entrée into the world of independent film with her breakthrough performance for her role in WiseGirls staring alongside academy award winner Mira Sorvino and Melora Walters. In 2009, she was recognized with the Breakthrough Performance Award at the Palm Spring International Film Festival for her critically acclaimed role in Lee Daniel's Precious and most recently appeared in his latest stellar ensemble in The Butler (2013). A Congressional Award recipient, Mariah has generously donated her time and energy to a range of philanthropic causes near to her heart including Save the Music, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, World Hunger Relief, and the Elton John AIDS Foundation, among many others. A tremendous supporter of children’s charities, both domestic and international, Mariah founded Camp Mariah in partnership with the Fresh Air Fund, a retreat for inner city children to explore career development. Mariah has just released her critically-acclaimed new album, Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse, on May 27th, 2014 (Def Jam Recordings).

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.live...z37aOYgCnz

LMFAO Her people still claiming this????

3121... Don't U Wanna Come?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/16/14 2:16am

Chancellor

avatar

MiMi is a great songwriter. It's high time she dusted off some songs that she never recorded and let other Artists breathe Life into them...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/16/14 5:16am

missfee

avatar

How many people is she going to sign with? I swear there's a new deal every single year. lol

I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/16/14 5:33am

Musicslave

WOw They sure did lay it on thick didn't they? Damn. One more sentence and it would have read that she parted the Red Sea and walked on water and raised people from the dead for kicks. Geesh confused lol

-

I mean, this is a flat out lie, "she continues dominating the charts in an unprecedented multi-format fashion."

-

This reads like someone from her camp submitted what she wanted their release to be. Mariah demanded that this be the official announcement and voila.

-

I knows its their job to spin and put everything in a positive light but damn. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/16/14 6:42am

kitbradley

avatar

missfee said:

How many people is she going to sign with? I swear there's a new deal every single year. lol

This is why she doesn't have to constantly tour. She's a smart gal. She knows how to make bread the easy way. biggrin Most artists would kill for that kind of luxury.

[Edited 7/16/14 6:45am]

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." - Socrates
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/16/14 5:16pm

Identity

Her next strategic move should be kicking that poor excuse for a manager, Jermaine Dupri, to the curb. Acknowledge he's a failure and bring the nightmare of mismanagement to a close.

[Edited 7/16/14 17:16pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/16/14 6:56pm

SoulAlive

Musicslave said:

WOw They sure did lay it on thick didn't they? Damn. One more sentence and it would have read that she parted the Red Sea and walked on water and raised people from the dead for kicks. Geesh confused lol


-


I mean, this is a flat out lie, "she continues dominating the charts in an unprecedented multi-format fashion."


-


This reads like someone from her camp submitted what she wanted their release to be. Mariah demanded that this be the official announcement and voila.


-


I knows its their job to spin and put everything in a positive light but damn. lol



:lol: this type of nonsensical hyperbole is typical for her.Her camp is always exaggerating her success and record sales.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/16/14 7:19pm

alphastreet

Chancellor said:

MiMi is a great songwriter. It's high time she dusted off some songs that she never recorded and let other Artists breathe Life into them...

Exactly, there's plenty of money in that

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Global Superstar Mariah Carey Signs With SESAC!