independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 21st Aug 2019 6:11pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > OFFICIAL 2013 MTV Video Music Awards TONIGHT
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/17/13 6:14am

getxxxx

avatar

OFFICIAL 2013 MTV Video Music Awards TONIGHT

The full list of 2013 MTV Video Music Award nominees:

Video of the Year
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz, "Thrift Shop"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Best Hip Hop Video
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"
» A$AP Rocky feat. Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar, "F--kin' Problems"
» J. Cole feat. Miguel, "Power Trip"

Best Male Video
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Ed Sheeran, "Lego House"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"

Best Female Video
» Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko, "Stay"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Demi Lovato, "Heart Attack"

Best Pop Video
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Selena Gomez, "Come and Get It"

Artist To Watch, Presented by Taco Bell
» Twenty One Pilots, "Holding On To You"
» Zedd feat. Foxes, "Clarity"
» Austin Mahone, "What About Love"
» The Weeknd, "Wicked Games"
» Iggy Azalea, "Work"

Best Collaboration
» Justin Timberlake, feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera, "Feel This Moment"
» Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding, "I Need Your Love"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"

Best Video With A Social Message
» Kelly Clarkson, "People Like Us"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, "Same Love"
» Snoop Lion, "No Guns Allowed"
» Miguel, "Candles in the Sun"
» Beyoncé, "I Was Here"

Best Rock Video
» Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive"
» Fall Out Boy, "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)"
» Mumford & Sons, "I Will Wait"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Vampire Weekend, "Diane Young"

Best Art Direction
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu, "Q.U.E.E.N"
» Lana Del Rey, "National Anthem"
» Alt-J, "Tesselate"

Best Choreography
» Chris Brown, "Fine China"
» Ciara, "Body Party"
» Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull, "Live It Up"
» will.i.am feat. Justin Bieber, "#thatPOWER"
» Bruno Mars, "Treasure"

Best Cinematography
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Lana Del Rey, "Ride"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» A-Trak & Tommy Trash, "Tuna Melt"

Best Direction
» Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"

Best Editing
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch, "Sweet Nothing"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"

Best Visual Effects
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Duck Sauce, "It's You"
» Flying Lotus, "Tony Tortures"
» Skrillex feat. the Doors "Breakn' a Sweat"
» The Weeknd "Wicked Games"

[Edited 8/24/13 21:45pm]

Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/17/13 6:55am

cindymay

getxxxx said:

The full list of 2013 MTV Video Music Award nominees:

Video of the Year
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz, "Thrift Shop"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Best Hip Hop Video
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"
» A$AP Rocky feat. Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar, "F--kin' Problems"
» J. Cole feat. Miguel, "Power Trip"

Best Male Video
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Ed Sheeran, "Lego House"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"

Best Female Video
» Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko, "Stay"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Demi Lovato, "Heart Attack"

Best Pop Video
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Selena Gomez, "Come and Get It"

Artist To Watch, Presented by Taco Bell
» Twenty One Pilots, "Holding On To You"
» Zedd feat. Foxes, "Clarity"
» Austin Mahone, "What About Love"
» The Weeknd, "Wicked Games"
» Iggy Azalea, "Work"

Best Collaboration
» Justin Timberlake, feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera, "Feel This Moment"
» Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding, "I Need Your Love"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"

Best Video With A Social Message
» Kelly Clarkson, "People Like Us"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, "Same Love"
» Snoop Lion, "No Guns Allowed"
» Miguel, "Candles in the Sun"
» Beyoncé, "I Was Here"

Best Rock Video
» Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive"
» Fall Out Boy, "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)"
» Mumford & Sons, "I Will Wait"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Vampire Weekend, "Diane Young"

Best Art Direction
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu, "Q.U.E.E.N"
» Lana Del Rey, "National Anthem"
» Alt-J, "Tesselate"

Best Choreography
» Chris Brown, "Fine China"
» Ciara, "Body Party"
» Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull, "Live It Up"
» will.i.am feat. Justin Bieber, "#thatPOWER"
» Bruno Mars, "Treasure"

Best Cinematography
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Lana Del Rey, "Ride"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» A-Trak & Tommy Trash, "Tuna Melt"

Best Direction
» Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"

Best Editing
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch, "Sweet Nothing"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"

Best Visual Effects
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Duck Sauce, "It's You"
» Flying Lotus, "Tony Tortures"
» Skrillex feat. the Doors "Breakn' a Sweat"
» The Weeknd "Wicked Games"

[Edited 7/17/13 6:47am]

a lot of nominations are lame even the ones for video of the year....except maybe justin timberlake's mirror...hope q.u.e.e.n by janelle monae wins art direction that video+ song is killer..and imo she deserved a nominations also among the songs with a social message..q.u.e.e.n has a VERY STRONG social message..but they nominated Beyonce in that category smile confused

[Edited 7/17/13 7:00am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/17/13 6:59am

cindymay

cindymay said:

getxxxx said:

The full list of 2013 MTV Video Music Award nominees:

Video of the Year
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz, "Thrift Shop"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Best Hip Hop Video
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"
» A$AP Rocky feat. Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar, "F--kin' Problems"
» J. Cole feat. Miguel, "Power Trip"

Best Male Video
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Ed Sheeran, "Lego House"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"

Best Female Video
» Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko, "Stay"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Demi Lovato, "Heart Attack"

Best Pop Video
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Selena Gomez, "Come and Get It"

Artist To Watch, Presented by Taco Bell
» Twenty One Pilots, "Holding On To You"
» Zedd feat. Foxes, "Clarity"
» Austin Mahone, "What About Love"
» The Weeknd, "Wicked Games"
» Iggy Azalea, "Work"

Best Collaboration
» Justin Timberlake, feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera, "Feel This Moment"
» Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding, "I Need Your Love"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"

Best Video With A Social Message
» Kelly Clarkson, "People Like Us"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, "Same Love"
» Snoop Lion, "No Guns Allowed"
» Miguel, "Candles in the Sun"
» Beyoncé, "I Was Here"

Best Rock Video
» Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive"
» Fall Out Boy, "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)"
» Mumford & Sons, "I Will Wait"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Vampire Weekend, "Diane Young"

Best Art Direction
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu, "Q.U.E.E.N"
» Lana Del Rey, "National Anthem"
» Alt-J, "Tesselate"

Best Choreography
» Chris Brown, "Fine China"
» Ciara, "Body Party"
» Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull, "Live It Up"
» will.i.am feat. Justin Bieber, "#thatPOWER"
» Bruno Mars, "Treasure"

Best Cinematography
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Lana Del Rey, "Ride"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» A-Trak & Tommy Trash, "Tuna Melt"

Best Direction
» Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"

Best Editing
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch, "Sweet Nothing"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"

Best Visual Effects
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Duck Sauce, "It's You"
» Flying Lotus, "Tony Tortures"
» Skrillex feat. the Doors "Breakn' a Sweat"
» The Weeknd "Wicked Games"

[Edited 7/17/13 6:47am]

a lot of nominations are lame even the ones for video of the year....except maybe justin timberlake's mirror...hope q.u.e.e.n by janelle monae wins art direction that video+ song is killer..and imo she deserved a nominations also among the songs with a social message..q.u.e.e.n has a VERY STRONG social message..but they nominated Beyonce in that category smile confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/17/13 9:49am

Empress

getxxxx said:

The full list of 2013 MTV Video Music Award nominees:

Video of the Year
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz, "Thrift Shop"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Best Hip Hop Video
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"
» A$AP Rocky feat. Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar, "F--kin' Problems"
» J. Cole feat. Miguel, "Power Trip"

Best Male Video
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Ed Sheeran, "Lego House"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"

Best Female Video
» Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko, "Stay"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Demi Lovato, "Heart Attack"

Best Pop Video
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Selena Gomez, "Come and Get It"

Artist To Watch, Presented by Taco Bell
» Twenty One Pilots, "Holding On To You"
» Zedd feat. Foxes, "Clarity"
» Austin Mahone, "What About Love"
» The Weeknd, "Wicked Games"
» Iggy Azalea, "Work"

Best Collaboration
» Justin Timberlake, feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera, "Feel This Moment"
» Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding, "I Need Your Love"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"

Best Video With A Social Message
» Kelly Clarkson, "People Like Us"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, "Same Love"
» Snoop Lion, "No Guns Allowed"
» Miguel, "Candles in the Sun"
» Beyoncé, "I Was Here"

Best Rock Video
» Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive"
» Fall Out Boy, "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)"
» Mumford & Sons, "I Will Wait"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Vampire Weekend, "Diane Young"

Best Art Direction
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu, "Q.U.E.E.N"
» Lana Del Rey, "National Anthem"
» Alt-J, "Tesselate"

Best Choreography
» Chris Brown, "Fine China"
» Ciara, "Body Party"
» Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull, "Live It Up"
» will.i.am feat. Justin Bieber, "#thatPOWER"
» Bruno Mars, "Treasure"

Best Cinematography
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Lana Del Rey, "Ride"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» A-Trak & Tommy Trash, "Tuna Melt"

Best Direction
» Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"

Best Editing
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch, "Sweet Nothing"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"

Best Visual Effects
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Duck Sauce, "It's You"
» Flying Lotus, "Tony Tortures"
» Skrillex feat. the Doors "Breakn' a Sweat"
» The Weeknd "Wicked Games"

[Edited 7/17/13 6:47am]

[Edited 7/17/13 7:06am]

rolleyes no thanks. I doubt I'll even watch.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/18/13 7:38am

musicology54

How is will I ams video choreography? All he did was act like an air plane and walked in slow motion. And I swear If Miley wins one award.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/18/13 8:26am

banks

avatar

I don't care who wins. I'm just so excited to be going to VMA's this year excited

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/05/13 3:53pm

getxxxx

avatar

so far we have Kanye, Gaga and Katy Perry performing..

Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/05/13 5:55pm

NaughtyKitty

avatar

According to a fan MTV France website saying that Bruno Mars and Miley Cyrus will also be performing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/07/13 4:04pm

getxxxx

avatar

Worst kept secret of a Daft Punk performance
Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/13/13 3:11pm

getxxxx

avatar

Robin Thicke will be performing "Blurred Lines" on the MTV VMA's along with Katy Perry performing "Roar" and Miley Cyrus performing "We Can't Stop" on the show.

They join already announced performers Lady Gaga and Kanye West.

The new category "Song Of The Summer" will feature Thicke and Cyrus going to head to head along with Daft Punk, One Direction, Selena Gomez, and Calvin Harris with Ellie Goulding.

Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/16/13 5:57am

getxxxx

avatar

Justin Timberlake

Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis

added to performances

Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/16/13 6:21am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Bruno Mars Added To 2013 VMAs!

Mack & Lewis will perform 'Same Love,' Mars to play his next single live on TV for first time.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have notched so many career peaks this year it's hard to think of what mountain is left for them to climb. But the six-time 2013 MTV Video Music Awards nominees will summit once again on August 25, when they perform their marriage equality anthem, "Same Love," on the VMA broadcast.

They'll be joined by another newly named VMA performer, Bruno Mars, who will be playing the next single from his multi-platinum Unorthodox Jukebox album on the broadcast.

The two join an already jam-packed roster of performers for the show from Brooklyn's Barclays Center, including Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga,Kanye West, Katy Perry , Miley Cyrus , One Direction and Robin Thicke.

Austin Mahone and Ariana Grande have also been tapped to rock theVMA pre-show , with dynamic duo Nervo serving as red carpet DJs before the main show, which will air live at 9 p.m. ET/PT on August 25.

Macklemore & Lewis, who are tied with Timberlake for the most VMA nominations at six, will make their VMA debut in a year when they've already rocked the MTV Movie Awards and the mtvU Woodie Awards, making them the first artist to play all three of MTV's major music events in a single calendar year. In addition to their nods for Video of the Year for "Thrift Shop" and Best Hip-Hop Video for the epic "Can't Hold Us," their clip for "Same Love" is up for Best Video with a Social Message.


Macklemore And Ryan Lewis Will Bring 'Grandkids' For VMA Best Video Win

Four-time nominee Mars, up for Video of the Year, Best Pop Video and Best Male Video for "Locked Out of Heaven," will notch his third VMA performance when he plays the next Jukebox single for the first time on live TV. To celebrate the upcoming performances, MTV Hits will feature a block of Bruno Mars and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performances and music videos starting at 12 p.m. ET on Friday (August 16).

The 2013 MTV Video Music Awards air live on Sunday, August 25 at 9 p.m. ET/PT from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/20/13 6:03am

getxxxx

avatar

Possible NSYNC reunion on sunday

Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/20/13 7:27pm

getxxxx

avatar

The MTV VMAs opens with Lady Gaga performing Applause, the single from upcoming album ARTPOP.

Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/20/13 7:45pm

lazycrockett

avatar

While I wont be watching, it looks like a pretty good line up of lip synchers.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/21/13 3:58am

missfee

avatar

Already? Damn didn't know it came up this quickly. In years past it always used to come on the day before the first day in school in September. Oh well. Still looks like a bore, I'll only tune in to see Kanye's performance. Wonder what kind of controversy will occur this year at the event? hmmm

I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/21/13 5:33am

FormerlyKnownA
s

avatar

It's just beyond me how Beyonce can get nominated for anything this time around. But you know B. Somehow, she'll find a way to get a nomination in there!

Producers: "Oops, we don't have anything from Beyonce this year. We better create a new category. How about Best Artist's Baby Name? NO? Best weave? Stuck in a fan? How about Best Video With a Social Message? Okay, roll with that."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/21/13 5:42am

Musicslave

lazycrockett said:

While I wont be watching, it looks like a pretty good line up of lip synchers.

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/21/13 5:46am

Musicslave

FormerlyKnownAs said:

It's just beyond me how Beyonce can get nominated for anything this time around. But you know B. Somehow, she'll find a way to get a nomination in there!

Producers: "Oops, we don't have anything from Beyonce this year. We better create a new category. How about Best Artist's Baby Name? NO? Best weave? Stuck in a fan? How about Best Video With a Social Message? Okay, roll with that."

wow! lol I didn't even notice that one. I got bored just reading the previous nominations earlier up the list and gave up trying to generate any enthusiasm.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/21/13 8:13am

Shawy89

avatar

Janelle got robbed... QUEEN should have been nominated for Video of The Year!

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Buddha
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/21/13 9:15am

Musicslave

Shawy89 said:

Janelle got robbed... QUEEN should have been nominated for Video of The Year!

Is she performing @ this year's VMA's? This would be a great opportunity to generate buzz before her release date.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/21/13 9:39am

JoeBala

Is this being streamed online? Don't have or want cable.smile

Just Music-No Categories-Enjoy It!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/21/13 9:49am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

Musicslave said:

Shawy89 said:

Janelle got robbed... QUEEN should have been nominated for Video of The Year!

Is she performing @ this year's VMA's? This would be a great opportunity to generate buzz before her release date.

Good question, I dont think she's schedueled to perform (as of now) but I agree that she SHOULD perform because it would be great promo for her upcoming album. Already tuning in to see Bruno Mars perform--having her perform would we be awesome as well!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/21/13 12:47pm

vikfunk

avatar

getxxxx said:

The full list of 2013 MTV Video Music Award nominees:

Video of the Year
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz, "Thrift Shop"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"

Best Hip Hop Video
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"
» A$AP Rocky feat. Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick Lamar, "F--kin' Problems"
» J. Cole feat. Miguel, "Power Trip"

Best Male Video
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Ed Sheeran, "Lego House"
» Kendrick Lamar, "Swimming Pools"

Best Female Video
» Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko, "Stay"
» Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Demi Lovato, "Heart Attack"

Best Pop Video
» Bruno Mars, "Locked Out of Heaven"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
» Selena Gomez, "Come and Get It"

Artist To Watch, Presented by Taco Bell
» Twenty One Pilots, "Holding On To You"
» Zedd feat. Foxes, "Clarity"
» Austin Mahone, "What About Love"
» The Weeknd, "Wicked Games"
» Iggy Azalea, "Work"

Best Collaboration
» Justin Timberlake, feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera, "Feel This Moment"
» Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding, "I Need Your Love"
» Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell, "Blurred Lines"
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"

Best Video With A Social Message
» Kelly Clarkson, "People Like Us"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, "Same Love"
» Snoop Lion, "No Guns Allowed"
» Miguel, "Candles in the Sun"
» Beyoncé, "I Was Here"

Best Rock Video
» Imagine Dragons, "Radioactive"
» Fall Out Boy, "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)"
» Mumford & Sons, "I Will Wait"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Vampire Weekend, "Diane Young"

Best Art Direction
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Janelle Monae feat. Erykah Badu, "Q.U.E.E.N"
» Lana Del Rey, "National Anthem"
» Alt-J, "Tesselate"

Best Choreography
» Chris Brown, "Fine China"
» Ciara, "Body Party"
» Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull, "Live It Up"
» will.i.am feat. Justin Bieber, "#thatPOWER"
» Bruno Mars, "Treasure"

Best Cinematography
» Thirty Seconds To Mars, "Up in the Air"
» Lana Del Rey, "Ride"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» A-Trak & Tommy Trash, "Tuna Melt"

Best Direction
» Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z, "Suit & Tie"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Sacrilege"
» Fun., "Carry On"
» Drake, "Started From The Bottom"

Best Editing
» Pink feat. Nate Ruess, "Just Give Me A Reason"
» Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch, "Sweet Nothing"
» Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton, "Can't Hold Us"
» Justin Timberlake, "Mirrors"
» Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"

Best Visual Effects
» Capital Cities, "Safe and Sound"
» Duck Sauce, "It's You"
» Flying Lotus, "Tony Tortures"
» Skrillex feat. the Doors "Breakn' a Sweat"
» The Weeknd "Wicked Games"

[Edited 7/17/13 6:47am]

[Edited 7/17/13 7:06am]

[Edited 8/20/13 19:27pm]

Looks like we've finally got a Justin Vs Robin showdown.

Is everybody wet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/21/13 2:00pm

Shawy89

avatar

Im telling you already Bruno will steal the show, true that Gaga is opening & JT is recieving some special award and reuniting with Nsync but from the setlist we're not about to see something unique! Robin is doing Blurred Lines a performance we seen many times (I wished that goes with Oh La La), and basically everyone's performing their old hits... and their live performances are not so special, I'm talking seriously

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. - Buddha
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/21/13 4:13pm

NaughtyKitty

avatar

Shawy89 said:

Im telling you already Bruno will steal the show, true that Gaga is opening & JT is recieving some special award and reuniting with Nsync but from the setlist we're not about to see something unique! Robin is doing Blurred Lines a performance we seen many times (I wished that goes with Oh La La), and basically everyone's performing their old hits... and their live performances are not so special, I'm talking seriously

Yes he will! nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/22/13 7:19am

getxxxx

avatar

Drake's gearing up to perform at the MTV VMAs this weekend

Nick Ashford was someone I greatly admired, had the honor of knowing, and was the real-life inspiration for Cowboy Curtis' hair. RIP Nick. - Pee Wee Herman
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/22/13 1:49pm

NaughtyKitty

avatar

Seating arrangements for the show


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/22/13 2:10pm

cindymay

NaughtyKitty said:

Musicslave said:

Is she performing @ this year's VMA's? This would be a great opportunity to generate buzz before her release date.

Good question, I dont think she's schedueled to perform (as of now) but I agree that she SHOULD perform because it would be great promo for her upcoming album. Already tuning in to see Bruno Mars perform--having her perform would we be awesome as well!

the q.u.e.e.n video is the best of the year for sure..but I'm getting used to janelle being robbed confused don't know if she will be there...she is very busy with the listening parties and all this week..we'll see..I want to see her and Miguel perform Primetime somewhere but I guess not at the vma neutral even the videoclip isn't out yet...

[Edited 8/22/13 14:11pm]

[Edited 8/22/13 14:12pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/22/13 2:15pm

cindymay

and beyonce nominated in the category song with a social message is laughable falloff

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > OFFICIAL 2013 MTV Video Music Awards TONIGHT