independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 11th Nov 2019 2:37pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Albums and Songs of the 1960s Poll
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/13/10 3:01pm

Moonbeam

avatar

Albums and Songs of the 1960s Poll

[img:$uid]http://www.dce.k12.wi.us/srhigh/socialstudies/histday/1960s/1960s.6.jpg[/img:$uid]

We've now gone through 4 wonderful decades of music, and it's time to dig even further back in our memories to come up with our favorite albums and songs of the 1960s! Don't worry if you didn't participate in the previous polls- I'd love to have as wide of a representation as possible. Feel free to submit ranked lists of up to 200 songs and 200 albums, and I'll post the results after the deadline at midnight, February 1st, 2011 org time! Please submit your lists to ian_renner[at]yahoo.com, replacing the [at] with the @ symbol. Make sure you tell me what your Org username is. I'll reply to your message to let you know that I got your list. I'd prefer to receive lists made in Microsoft Excel with a .xls extension with separate columns for artist, album/song and year.

I'd like to change the artist format guidelines:


I'd appreciate artist names to be submitted this way:

David Bowie (not Bowie, David)
Cure, The (not The Cure) (This is different to previous poll formats!)

Each list must contain at least 10 albums or 10 songs.

One other thing- no compilations!

Feel free to use this thread for recommendations. Last time, most people just posted their lists here and didn't send me an Excel spreadsheet. I will accept these lists, but it takes me a lot more time to compile them.

Bring on those lists!

Poll History:

1970s: Poll, Results

1980s: Poll, Results

1990s: Poll, Results

2000s: Poll, Album Results, Song Results

Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/13/10 8:18pm

Moonbeam

avatar

Here's my woeful album list as it stands.

lol

[Edited 12/13/10 20:18pm]

Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/14/10 1:09am

TonyVanDam

1. I'm still doing my list of songs this week. wink

2. I hope theAudience can make it back to the org soon. He could definitely make an impact on this poll.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/14/10 2:47am

Moonbeam

avatar

TonyVanDam said:

1. I'm still doing my list of songs this week. wink

2. I hope theAudience can make it back to the org soon. He could definitely make an impact on this poll.

Can't wait for your lists!

And yes, this poll has tA written ALL over it. biggrin

Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/14/10 9:00am

lilgish

avatar

great work on th 70's bro, sorry i couldnt really work on it and give more

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/15/10 1:48pm

Bree8016

avatar

this one will take some time, but i'll get right on it!

expect a lot of motown from me! lol

How can I stand 2 stay where I am? / Poor butterfly who don't understand.

last.fm/user/thisbreeze
twitter.com/_breeahnuh
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/16/10 3:53am

blackbob

avatar

will work on mine moonbeam...really enjoyed your previous rundowns...cheers
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/16/10 6:32am

starbuck

avatar

I'll be working on mine smile

"Time is a train, makes the future the past"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/17/10 5:10pm

StarMon

avatar

Right on.. I'll have my list on time, this time wink

✮The NFL...frohornsNational Funk League✮
✮The Home of Outta Control Funk & Roll✮
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/19/10 2:45pm

JoeTyler

01 Beatles, The Revolver 1966
02 Doors, The The Doors 1967
03 Beatles, The Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band 1965
04 Beach Boys, The Pet Sounds 1966
05 Velvet Underground, The The Velvet Underground & Nico 1967
06 Rolling Stones, The Let It Bleed 1969
07 Beatles, The Rubber Soul 1965
08 Jimi Hendrix Experience Are You Experienced 1967
09 Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited 1965
10 Elvis Presley From Elvis in Memphis 1969
Rolling Stones, The Beggars Banquet 1968
Dusty Springfield A Girl Called Dusty 1964
Elmore James The Sky is Crying 1965
Otis Redding Otis Blue 1965
John Lee Hooker Plays and Sings the Blues 1961
Bob Dylan The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan 1963
Creedence Clearwater Revival Willy and the Poor Boys 1969
Tito Puente El Rey Bravo 1963
Aretha Franklin I Have Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You 1967
Muddy Waters At Newport 1960
James Brown Live at the Apollo 1962
John Coltrane A Love Supreme 1964
Beatles, The The Beatles (White Album) 1968
Rolling Stones, The Between the Buttons US Version 1968
Sly & The Family Stone Stand! 1969
John Mayall & The Blues Breakers with Eric Clapton Blues Breakers 1966
Dusty Springfield Dusty in Memphis 1969
Santana Santana 1969
Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde 1966
Beatles, The Abbey Road 1969
Led Zeppelin II 1969
Ray Charles Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music 1962
Nina Simone Nina Simone Sings the Blues 1967
Neil Young Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere 1969
Creedence Clearwater Revival Green River 1969
Frank Zappa Freak Out! 1966
Van Morrison Astral Weeks 1968
Miles Davis In a Silent Way 1969
Rolling Stones, The Aftermath US Version 1966
Pink Floyd Piper at the Gates of Dawn 1967
Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison 1968
Simon & Garfunkel Bookends 1968
Beatles, The A Hard Day's Night 1964
Otis Redding Dictionary of Soul 1966
Jimi Hendrix Experience Electric Ladyland 1968
Cream Disreali Gears 1967
The Kinks Arthur (Or the Decline and Fall of the British Empire) 1969
Bob Dylan Bringin' It All Back Home 1965
B.B. King Live at the Regal 1965
MC5 Kick Out the Jams 1969
Love Forever Changes 1968
Stooges, The The Stooges 1969
Chuck Berry St. Louis to Liverpool 1964
King Crimson In the Court of King Crimson 1969
The Band The Band 1968
Ike & Tina River Deep - Mountain High 1966
Jeff Beck Truth 1968
Temptations, The Gettin' Ready 1966
Elvis Presley Elvis is Back! 1960
Ravi Shankar The Sounds of India 1968
Beach Boys, The All Summer Long 1964
Frank Zappa Hot Rats 1969
Who, The My Generation 1965
Beatles, The Magical Mystery Tour 1967
Rolling Stones, The Now! 1965
Doors, The Strange Days 1967
Johnny Cash At San Quentin 1969
Elvis Presley NBC TV Special 1968
Taj Mahal The Natch'l Blues 1968
Lovin' Spoonful Hums of the Lovin' Spoonful 1966
Otis Redding The Dock of the Bay 1968
Jefferson Airplane Surrealistic Pillow 1967
Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin I 1969
Beatles, The Meet the Beatles! 1964
Willie Nelson Country Willie: His Own Songs 1965
Steppenwolf Steppenwolf 1968
Bob Dylan Another Side of Bob Dylan 1964
Beach Boys, The Surfin' USA 1963
Jimi Hendrix Experience Axis: Bold As Love 1967
Creedence Clearwater Revival Bayou Country 1969
Scott Walker Scott 4 1969
Beach Boys, The Today! 1965
Byrds, The Mr. Tambourine Man 1965
Beatles, The Help! 1965
Bob Dylan John Wesley Harding 1967
Elvis Presley Blue Hawaii 1962
Captain Beefheart Trout Mask Replica 1969
Merle Haggard Same Train, Different Time 1969
Doors, The The Soft Parade 1969
Nancy Sinatra Boots 1966
Joan Baez Joan Baez 1960
Jerry Lee Lewis Another Place Another Time 1969
Rolling Stones, The 12X5 1964
Beach Boys, The Smiley Smile 1967
Herbie Hancock Maiden Voyage 1965
Johnny Cash Sings the Ballads of the True West 1965
Velvet Underground White Light / White Heat 1968
Frank Zappa Uncle Meat 1969
Blind Faith Blind Faith 1969
Leonard Cohen Songs of Leonard Cohen 1968
Nico Chelsea Girl 1967
The Kinks Something Else 1967
Traffic Traffic 1968
Frank Sinatra Strangers in the Night 1966
David Bowie Space Oddity 1969
Who, The Tommy 1969
Yardbirds, The Roger the Engineer 1966
Bob Dylan The Times They Are A-Changin' 1964
Elvis Presley His Hand In Mine 1960
Elvis Presley How Great Thou Art 1967
Beach Boys, The Wild Honey 1967
Bob Dylan Nashville Skyline 1969
Doors, The Waiting for the Sun 1968
Beach Boys, The Friends 1968
Buffalo Springfield Buffalo Springfield 1966
Miles Davis Miles Davis 1966
Creedence Clearwater Revival Creendence Clearwater Revival 1968
Dionne Warwick The Windows of the World 1967
Johnny Winter Second Winter 1969
Crosby, Stills & Nash Crosby, Stills & Nash 1969
The Kinks Face to Face 1966
The Zombies Odessey and Oracle 1968
The Small Faces Odgen's Nut Gone Flake 1968
Captain Beefheart Safe as Milk 1967
Duke Ellington Sacred Music 1966
Johnny Cash Orange Blossom Special 1965
127 David Bowie David Bowie 1967
tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/19/10 2:48pm

JoeTyler

I'm still working on the song list, a couple of details...

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/19/10 3:14pm

JoeTyler

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/22/10 2:45am

blackbob

avatar

hope you dont mind if i post mine here moonbeam..here is my top 20s of the 60s...

.

songs

.

.

1. beach boys - god only knows

2. kinks - waterloo sunset

3. beatles - strawberry fields forever

4. beach boys - good vibrations

5. beatles - i am the walrus

6. love - the red telephone

7. doors - light my fire

8. martha and the vandellas - dancing in the streets

9. kinks - you really got me

10. bob dylan - like a rolling stone

11. velvet undersground - im waiting for the man

12. creedance clear water revival - bad moon rising

13. aretha franklin - say a little prayer

14. beach boys - surfs up

15. mc5 - kick out the jams

16. beatles - a day in the life

17. love - alone again or

18. animals - house of the rising sun

19. otis redding - dock of the bay

20. kinks - rosemary rose

.

.

albums

.

.

1. beach boys - pet sounds

2. beatles - abbey road

3. kinks - village green preservation society

4. love - forever changes

5. beatles - revolver

6. velvet underground and nico - velvet underground

7. doors - the doors

8. beatles - st.peppers lonely hearts club band

9. kinks - something else

10. mc5 - kick out the jams

11. james brown - live at the apollo

12. beatles - white album

13. bob dylan - highway 61 revisited

14. rolling stones - beggars banquet

15. van morrison - astral weeks

16. nick drake - five leaves left

17. jimi hendrix - are you experienced

18. beatles - rubber soul

19. frank zappa - hot rats

20. kinks - arthur

.

.

thanks moonbeam... wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/22/10 5:15pm

elmer

ALBUMS

1. John Coltrane - Live at Birdland

2. Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?

3. Rolling Stones, The - Let It Bleed

4. Pharoah Sanders - Karma

5. Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain

6. Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

7. John Coltrane - Olé Coltrane

8. Gal Costa - s/t

9. Doors, The - The Soft Parade

10. Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

11. Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother the Mountain

12. Rolling Stones, The - Beggars Banquet

13. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bayou County

14. Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

15. Charles Mingus - Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus

16. John Coltrane - My Favourite Things

17. David Bowie - Space Oddity

18. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River

19. Neil Young - Everybody Know This Is Nowhere

20. Yusef Lateef - Eastern Sounds

21. Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love

22. Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen

23. Miles Davis - Filles de Kilimanjaro

24. Nico - Chelsea Girl

25. Charles Mingus - Tijuana Moods

26. Bill Evans - Waltz for Debby

27. Bill Evans - Sunday at the Village Vanguard

28. Doors, The - s/t

29. Townes Van Zandt - s/t

30. Rolling Stones,The - Aftermath

31. Jackson.C.Frank - s/t

32. Nico - The Marble Index

33. Tim Hardin - s/t 2

34. Rolling Stones, The - 12x5

35. Leonard Cohen - Songs from a Room

36. Wes Montgomery - The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery

37. Issac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul

38. Sam Cooke - Night Beat

39. Tim Hardin - s/t 1

40. Gal Costa - Gal

41. John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

42. John Coltrane - Giant Steps

43. Gil Evans - Out of the Cool

44. Doors, The - Strange Days

45. Doors, The - Waiting for the Sun

46. Waylon Jennings - Hangin' On

47. Led Zeppelin - 1

48. Beatles, The - Revolver

49. Beatles, The - Rubber Soul

50. Tim Buckley - Happy Sad

51. Waylon Jennings - Just to Satisfy You

52. Scott Walker - Scott 4

53. Led Zeppelin - 2

54. Bert Jansch - s/t

55. Yusef Lateef - Live at Pep's

56. Miles Davis - Quiet Nights

57. Caetano Veloso - s/t 1

58. Scott Walker - Scott 2

59. Captain Beefheart - Safe as Milk

60. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willy and the Poor Boys

61. James Carr - You Got My Mind Messed Up

62. Band, The - Music From Big Pink

63. Otis Redding - The Dock of the Bay

64. Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello

65. Gilberto Gil - s/t

66. Serge Gainsbourg - Initials B.B

67. Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg - s/t

68. Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

69. John Coltrane - Ballads

70. Vince Guaraldi - Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus

71. Clancy Brothers, The - Hearty and Hellish

72. Gene Clark - Gene Clark w/ The Gosdin Brothers

73. Tim Buckley - Blue Afternoon

73. Doris Duke - I'm a Loser

74. Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

75. Nino Rota - Romeo and Juliet

[Edited 12/22/10 17:17pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/27/10 11:15am

PurpleDiamond2
009

Man I really adore the 60s for so many reasons. The time period when people started to wake up to what was around them and that this is a cut throat brutal society we live in and how people everywhere stood up for justice. And the music was great as well. Too be honest, I don't think the 60s ever left....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/30/10 4:37am

damosuzuki

elmer said:

ALBUMS

1. John Coltrane - Live at Birdland

2. Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?

3. Rolling Stones, The - Let It Bleed

4. Pharoah Sanders - Karma

5. Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain

6. Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady

7. John Coltrane - Olé Coltrane

8. Gal Costa - s/t

9. Doors, The - The Soft Parade

10. Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland

11. Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother the Mountain

12. Rolling Stones, The - Beggars Banquet

13. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bayou County

14. Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

15. Charles Mingus - Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus

16. John Coltrane - My Favourite Things

17. David Bowie - Space Oddity

18. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River

19. Neil Young - Everybody Know This Is Nowhere

20. Yusef Lateef - Eastern Sounds

21. Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love

22. Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen

23. Miles Davis - Filles de Kilimanjaro

24. Nico - Chelsea Girl

25. Charles Mingus - Tijuana Moods

26. Bill Evans - Waltz for Debby

27. Bill Evans - Sunday at the Village Vanguard

28. Doors, The - s/t

29. Townes Van Zandt - s/t

30. Rolling Stones,The - Aftermath

31. Jackson.C.Frank - s/t

32. Nico - The Marble Index

33. Tim Hardin - s/t 2

34. Rolling Stones, The - 12x5

35. Leonard Cohen - Songs from a Room

36. Wes Montgomery - The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery

37. Issac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul

38. Sam Cooke - Night Beat

39. Tim Hardin - s/t 1

40. Gal Costa - Gal

41. John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

42. John Coltrane - Giant Steps

43. Gil Evans - Out of the Cool

44. Doors, The - Strange Days

45. Doors, The - Waiting for the Sun

46. Waylon Jennings - Hangin' On

47. Led Zeppelin - 1

48. Beatles, The - Revolver

49. Beatles, The - Rubber Soul

50. Tim Buckley - Happy Sad

51. Waylon Jennings - Just to Satisfy You

52. Scott Walker - Scott 4

53. Led Zeppelin - 2

54. Bert Jansch - s/t

55. Yusef Lateef - Live at Pep's

56. Miles Davis - Quiet Nights

57. Caetano Veloso - s/t 1

58. Scott Walker - Scott 2

59. Captain Beefheart - Safe as Milk

60. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willy and the Poor Boys

61. James Carr - You Got My Mind Messed Up

62. Band, The - Music From Big Pink

63. Otis Redding - The Dock of the Bay

64. Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello

65. Gilberto Gil - s/t

66. Serge Gainsbourg - Initials B.B

67. Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg - s/t

68. Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

69. John Coltrane - Ballads

70. Vince Guaraldi - Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus

71. Clancy Brothers, The - Hearty and Hellish

72. Gene Clark - Gene Clark w/ The Gosdin Brothers

73. Tim Buckley - Blue Afternoon

73. Doris Duke - I'm a Loser

74. Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

75. Nino Rota - Romeo and Juliet

[Edited 12/22/10 17:17pm]

I kinda dislike it when certain lists get singled out for being uniquely good (it always strikes me as a little act of disregard to others who have gone to the trouble of putting a list together) but that really is an immense and nicely varied list.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/05/11 6:26am

elmer

Cheers. It was the first list I've done from home, so it's pretty much all culled from my vinyl snd CD collection and took a fraction of the time to compile. I missed out so much from the seventies and eighties.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/05/11 4:28pm

sag10

avatar

There are so many my list coming your way Moonbeam.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect, it means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections... unknown
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/09/11 10:30am

damosuzuki

tentative songs list:

1 Walker Brothers the sun ain't gonna shine anymore
2 standells dirty water
3 remains don't look back
4 Patsy Cline Crazy
5 bob dylan like a rolling stone
6 dionne warwick the valley of the dolls
7 rolling stones gimme shelter
8 george jones she thinks I still care
9 creedence clearwater revival fortunate son
10 bob dylan positively 4th street
11 beatles strawberry fields forever
12 scott walker boy child
13 bobby gentry ode to billy joe
14 the searchers needles and pins
15 bob dylan visions of johanna
16 neil young the losing end
17 byrds deportee
18 scott walker black sheep boy
19 laura nyro he's a runner
20 four tops reach out (I'll be there)
21 count five psychotic reaction
22 everly brothers cathy's clown
23 glen campbell witchita lineman
24 bob dylan girl from north country
25 dionne warwick a house is not a home
26 ronettes be my baby
27 zombies she's not there
28 byrds ballad of easy rider
29 shirelles will you still love me tomorrow
30 bob dylan highway 61 revisited
31 merle haggard here in frisco
32 beach boys california girls
33 kinks waterloo sunset
34 rolling stones I'm free
35 spirit I got a line on you
36 gene clark dark hallow
37 beatles ticket to ride
38 velvet underground all tomorrow's parties
39 flying burrito brothers hot burrito #1
40 bob dylan a hard rains a-gonna fall
41 moby grape fall on you
42 bob dylan mr. tambourine man
43 kinks australia
44 beatles blackbird
45 bob dylan it takes a lot to laugh, it takes a train to cry
46 tim buckley I never wanted to be your mountain
47 Patsy Cline she's got you
48 love you set the scene
49 elvis presley if I can dream
50 bob dylan love minus zero/no limit
51 monkees porpoise song
52 soft machine why are we sleeping
53 beatles help
54 bob dylan I'll be your baby tonight
55 rolling stones no expectations
56 harry nilsson living without you
57 tremoloes here comes my baby
58 left banke walk away renee
59 dillard and clark no longer a sweetheart of mine
60 bob dylan she belongs to me
61 kinks village green
62 beatles and your bird can sing
63 dion the wanderer
64 beatles nowhere man
65 scott walker jackie
66 yardbirds for your love
67 bob dylan stuck inside a mobile with the memphis blues again
68 dionne warwick planes and boats and trains
69 zombies time of the season
70 gene clark in a misty morning
71 bob dylan I pity the poor immigrant
72 merle haggard swinging doors
73 van morrison madam george
74 beach boys long promised road
75 van dyke parks palm desert
76 beatles fool on the hill
77 Love Maybe the People Would Be the Times or Between Clark and Hilldale
78 mamas and the papas california dreaming
79 love alone again or
80 neil young everybody knows this is nowhere
81 elvis presley only the strong survive
82 merle haggard I take a lot of pride in what I am
83 scott walker the lights of cincinnati
84 stooges 1969
85 otis redding sitting on the dock of the bay
86 dionne warwick anyone who had a heart
87 jackie wilson your love keeps lifting me higher
88 harry nilsson everybody's talking
89 the who substitute
90 everly brothers all I have to do is dream
91 thunderclap newman something's in the air
92 free design my very own angel
93 kinks johnny thunder
94 leonard cohen suzanne
95 scott walker the girls and the dogs
96 kinks two sisters
97 bob dylan the ballad of frankie lee and judas priest
98 beach boys wild honey
99 kinks sunny afternoon
100 beatles the night before
101 byrds I'll feel a whole lot better
102 beach boys don't worry baby
103 the who a legal matter
104 beatles eight days a week
105 dion runaround sue
106 bob dylan don't think twice, it's all right
107 beatles twist and shout
108 beach boys in my room
109 otis redding pain in my heart
110 rolling stones it's all over now
111 dionne warwick walk on by
112 the trashmen surfin' bird
113 kinks stop your sobbing
114 dionne warwick anyone who had a heart
115 bob dylan ballad of a thin man
116 yardbirds train kept a-rolling
117 them gloria
118 rolling stones the last time
119 them here comes the night
120 smokey robinson & the miracles the tracks of my tears
121 zombies tell her no
122 rolling stones heart of stone
123 imressions people get ready
124 rolling stones get off my cloud
125 four tops it's the same old song
126 donovan colours
127 rolling stones time is on my side
128 merle haggard (all of my friends are gonna be) strangers
129 willie nelson one day at a time
130 bob dylan sad eyed lady of the lowlands
131 love little red book
132 momas and the papas Monday, moday
133 small faces sha-la-la-la-lee
134 statler brothers flowers on the wall
135 dionne warwick alfie
136 velvet underground run run run
137 leonard cohen so long, marianne
138 beatles hello, goodbye
139 love andmoreagain
140 pink floyd interstellar overdrive
141 jefferson airplane white rabbit
142 cream sunshine of your love
143 bob dylan I dreamed I saw st. augustine
144 tim buckley once I was
145 gene clark tried so hard
146 nico these days
147 small faces here come the nice
148 moby grape naked, if you want to
149 scott walker montague terrace
150 the creation painter man
151 laura nyro I never meant to hurt you
152 smokey robinson & the miracles tears of a clown
153 box tops the letter
154 jackie wilson lonely teardrops
155 glen campbell by the time I get to phoenix
156 kinks mr. songbird
157 zombies care of cell 44
158 rolling stones salt of the earth
159 van morrison sweet thing
160 dillard and clark train leave here this morning
161 otis redding tramp
162 dr john I walk on gilded splinters
163 silver apples oscillations
164 billy nichols daytime girl
165 byrds the christian life
166 spirit mechanical world
167 yardbirds the shape of things
168 steppenwold born to be wild
169 merle haggard mama tried
170 van dyke parks donovan's colours
171 nazz open my eyes
172 merle haggard sing me back home
173 deep purple hush
174 guess who these eyes
175 velvet underground candy says
176 rolling stones you got the silver
177 led zeppelin bring it on home
178 nick drake cello song
179 glen campbell gentle on my mind
180 neil young round and round
181 kinks shangrila
182 scott walker duchess
183 stooges I wanna be your dog
184 creedence clearwater revival lodi
185 elvis presley any day now
186 flying burrito brothers sin city
187 fairport convention percy's song
188 allman brothers whipping post
189 leonard cohen bird on a wire
190 creedence clearwater revival proud mary
191 can yoo doo right
192 bob dylan I threw it all away
193 merle haggard california blues
194 shocking blue venus
195 silver apples you and i
196 joni mitchell clouds
197 beach boys do it again
198 spirit dark-eyed woman
199 byrds oil in my lamp
200 dillard and clark through the morning, through the night
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/09/11 11:29pm

lilgish

avatar

Should have an album list up pretty soon, song list will take longer.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/12/11 6:46am

JoeTyler

01 Rolling Stones, The (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Beach Boys, The Good Vibrations
Nancy Sinatra These Boots Are Made for Walking
Beach Boys, The I Get Around
John Lee Hooker Boom Boom
Elvis Presley (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame
Rolling Stones, The Get Off Of My Cloud
Elvis Presley Can't Help Falling in Love
Rolling Stones, The Under My Thumb
Creedence Clearwater Revival Fortunate Son
Lovin' Spoonful, The Summer in the City
B.J.Thomas Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head
Velvet Underground & Nico All Tomorrow's Parties
Beach Boys, The Darlin'
Rolling Stones, The Gimme Shelter
Otis Redding The Dock of the Bay
Beatles, The We Can Work It Out
Beach Boys, The Fun, Fun, Fun
The Mamas & The Papas California Dreamin'
Beatles, The Hey Jude
Rolling Stones, The You Can't Always Get What You Want
Doors, The The End
Beatles, The Eleanor Rigby
Jimi Hendrix Experience Foxy Lady
Santana Evil Ways
Led Zeppelin Whole Lotta Love
Neil Sedaka Breaking Up Is Hard to Do
Rolling Stones, The Sympathy for the Devil
Sly & The Family Stone I Want to Take You Higher
Aretha Franklin I Say a Little Prayer
The Four Tops I Can't Help Myself
Supremes, The You Can't Hurry Love
Rolling Stones, The Jumpin' Jack Flash
Roy Orbison Oh, Pretty Woman
Doors, The Break On Through to the Other Side
Steppenwolf Born to Be Wild
Temptations, The Ain't Too Proud to Beg
Supremes, The Stop In the Name of Love
Elvis Presley It's Now or Never
Los Bravos Black is Black
Beatles, The A Hard Day's Night
Bob Dylan Mr.Tambourine Man
David Bowie Space Oddity
Animals, The Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Doors, The Light My Fire
Beatles, The Come Together
Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin Je T'aime…Moi Non Plus
Doors, The People Are Strange
The Byrds I Wasn't Born to Follow
Wilson Pickett In the Midnight Hour
Beach Boys, The In My Room
Jimi Hendrix Experience Spanish Castle Magic
Marvin Gaye I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Elvis Presley True Love Travels on a Gravel Road
Beatles, The Strawberry Fields Forever
Bob Dylan It Ain't Me Babe
Elvis Presley Return to Sender
Who, The Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
Beatles, The From Me to You
Kinks, The You Really Got Me
Jimi Hendrix Experience Little Wing
Rolling Stones, The Ruby Tuesday
Four Tops, The Reach Out I'll Be There
Gino Paoli Sapore di sale
Beach Boys, The Surfin' USA
Rolling Stones, The Street Fighting Man
Beatles, The Something
Sly & The Family Stone Everyday People
Rolling Stones, The It's All Over Now
Beatles, The Yesterday
Rolling Stones, The Honky Tonk Women
Johnny Cash Ring of Fire
Elvis Presley Reconsider Baby
Nancy Sinatra You Only Live Twice
Solomon Burke Everybody Needs Somebody to Love
James Brown I Feel Good
Beatles, The In My Life
Simon & Garfunkel The Sound of Silence
Rolling Stones, The The Last Time
Elvis Presley Suspicious Minds
Who, The My Generation
Beach Boys, The Little Deuce Coupe
Elvis Presley Little Sister
Beach Boys, The Caroline No
Velvet Underground & Nico Femme Fatale
Aretha Franklin Respect
Dusty Springfield You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
Elvis Presley Good Luck Charm
The Yardbirds I Wish You Would
Rolling Stones, The Let's Spend the Night Together
Dixie Cups Chapel of Love
Elvis Presley Crying in the Chapel
Otis Redding Try a Little Tenderness
Rolling Stones, The Paint It Black
Bob Dylan Blowin' in the Wind
Elvis Presley If I Can Dream
Johnny Cash Orange Blossom Special
Bob Dylan Just Like a Woman
Miracles, The The Track of My Tears
Beatles, The Michelle
Cream Sunshine of Your Love
Percy Sledge When a Man Loves a Woman
Elvis Presley In the Guetto
Beatles, The Get Back
Stevie Wonder Uptight
Beatles, The Here, There and Everywhere
Johnny Cash Busted
Elvis Presley Long Black Limousine
Beatles, The Penny Lane
Beatles, The Lady Madonna
Rolling Stones, The Connection
Beatles, The All You Need Is Love
Johnny Cash I Still Miss Someone
Beatles, The Ticket to Ride
Led Zeppelin Heatbreaker
Tom Jones It's Not Unusual
Beach Boys, The Do You Wanna Dance
Beatles, The Hello Goodbye
Santana Soul Sacrifice
Beach Boys, The Surfer Girl
Rolling Stones, The She's a Rainbow
Beach Boys, The Don't Talk Put You Hand on My Shoulder
Elvis Presley She's Not You
Tony Bennett I Left My Heart in San Francisco
Beatles, The No Reply
Beatles, The Help!
Rolling Stones, The Stray Cat Blues
Tom Jones Thunderball
Rolling Stones, The Gotta Get Away
Velvet Underground White Light / White Heat
Beatles, The I Saw Her Standing There
Beach Boys, The Shut Down
Bob Dylan Lay Lady Lay
Beach Boys, The God Only Knows
Beatles, The Twist & Shout
Velvet Underground, The Sunday Morning
Led Zeppelin Communication Breakdown
Elvis Presley Surrender
Velvet Underground & Nico Run, Run, Run
Cream Badge
David Bowie Let Me Sleep Beside You
Shangri-Las, The Leader of the Pack
Santana Jingo
Led Zeppelin Dazed and Confused
Rolling Stones, The Salt of the Earth
Beach Boys, The Help Me, Rhonda
Bob Dylan I Want You
Rolling Stones, The Cool, Calm, Collected
Doors, The Unhappy Girl
Ronettes, The Please, Mr.Postman
Rolling Stones, The I'm Free
Beatles, The Drive My Car
Bob Dylan Like a Rolling Stone
Roy Orbison Only the Lonely
Beatles, The Taxman
Cream White Room
Rolling Stones, The Stupid Girl
Bob Dylan All Along the Watchtower
Beatles, The I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Beatles, The Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Shangri-Las, The Remember (Walking in the Sand)
Doors, The Love Me Two Times
Salome Vivo Cantando
Elvis Presley Such a Night
Beatles, The When I'm 64
Beach Boys, The I Know There's an Answer
Rolling Stones, The Time Is On My Side
Beatles, The All My Lovin'
Beach Boys, The Surfin' Safari
Temptations, The My Girl
Frank Sinatra Strangers in the Night
Beach Boys, The Friends
Troggs, The Wild Thing
Beach Boys, The California Girls
Beatles, The With a Little Help from My Friends
Marvin Gaye Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Searchers, The Needles and Pins
Beatles, The She Loves You
Martha and the Vandellas Dancing in the Street
Bee Gees Massachussets
Beatles, The Here Comes the Sun
Righteous Brothers, The Unchained Melody
Beatles, The You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
Patsy Cline Crazy
Archies, The Sugar Sugar
Bob Dylan Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
James Brown Mother Popcorn
Beach Boys, The Don't Worry Baby
Beatles, The Tomorrow Never Knows
Beach Boys, The I Can Hear Music
Beatles, The Sgt.Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
Beatles, The Day Tripper
Yardbirds, The Ain't Got You
Karina El Baul de los Recuerdos
The Mamas & The Papas Monday Monday
Miracles, The Going to a Go-Go
Beatles, The Obla-Di Obla-Da
Four Tops, The Loving You Is Sweater than Ever
Cliff Richard Congratulations
200 Beatles, The A Day in the Life

THE SONGS LIST

[Edited 1/12/11 6:49am]

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/12/11 5:00pm

BT11

avatar

1) Beatles, The

The Beatles (The White Album)

1968

2) John Coltrane

A Love Supreme

1965

3) Bob Dylan

Blonde On Blonde

1966

4) Zombies, The

Odessey & Oracle

1967

5) Velvet Underground, The

The Velvet Underground & Nico

1967

6) Bob Dylan

The Times They Are A Changin'

1964

7) Miles Davis

Sketches Of Spain

1960

8) Bob Dylan

Highway 61 Revisited

1965

9) Velvet Underground, The

White Light White Heat

1968

10) Beatles, The

Revolver

1966

11) Bob Dylan

The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

1963

12) Jimi Hendrix

Electric Ladyland

1968

13) Miles Davis

In A Silent Way

1969

14) Beatles, The

Sgt. Pepper's Loney Hearts Club Band

1967

15) Love

Forever Changes

1967

16) John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman

John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman

1963

17) Sly & The Family Stone

Stand!

1969

18) Kinks, The

The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society

1968

19) Beatles, The

Magical Mystery Tour

1967

20) Leonard Cohen

The Songs Of Leonard Cohen

1968

21) Doors, The

The Doors

1967

22) Beach Boys, The

Smiley Smile

1967

23) Nick Drake

Five Leaves Left

1969

24) Wayne Shorter

Speak No Evil

1965

25) James Brown

Live At The Apollo II

1967

26) Bob Dylan

Nashville Skyline

1969

27) John Coltrane

Meditations

1965

28) Beatles, The

Abbey Road

1969

29) Jimi Hendrix

Are You Experienced

1967

30) Velvet Underground, The

The Velvet Underground

1969

31) Jefferson Airplane

Surrealistic Pillow

1967

32) Frank Zappa & The Mothers Of
Invention

Absolutely Free

1967

33) Bob Dylan

Bringing It All Back Home

1965

34) Kinks, The

Face To Face

1966

35) Jimi Hendrix

Axis Bold As Love

1967

36) John Coltrane

My Favorite Things: Coltrane At Newport

1965

37) Doors, The

The Soft Parade

1969

38) Beach Boys, The

Pet Sounds

1966

39) Rolling Stones, The

Their Satanic Majestic Request

1967

40) Dexter Gordon

Our Man In Paris

1963

41) Miles Davis

Quiet Nights

1963

42) Bob Dylan

John Wesley Harding

1967

43) Sly & The Family Stone

Life

1968

44) Doors, The

Strange Days

1967

45) Byrds, The

Younger Than Yesterday

1967

46) Beatles, The

Rubber Soul

1965

47) Kinks, The

Something Else By The Kinks

1967

48) Leonard Cohen

Songs From A Room

1969

49) John Coltrane

Giant Steps

1960

50) Beach Boys, The

Wild Honey

1967

[Edited 1/12/11 17:00pm]

Surrealistic Pillow edit, don't know why i wrote 'piano' biggrin

[Edited 1/18/11 5:53am]

music
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/13/11 7:24pm

lilgish

avatar

Albums

1.The Kinks - The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society
2.The Beatles – The Beatles
3.The Stooges – The Stooges
4.The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
5.The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground
6.Nico – Chelsea Girl
7.Nico – Marble Index
8.John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
9.Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
10.Jimi Hendrix – Are You Experienced
11.King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
12.The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
13.Van Morrison – Astral Weeks
14.Donovan - Sunshine Superman
15.Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love
16.The Doors – The Doors
17.Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
18.Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
19.Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin 2
20.Bob Dylan – Blonde on Blonde
21.Pink Floyd – Piper At The Gates of Dawn
22.The Rolling Stones – Aftermath
23.Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin
24.The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
25.The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground
26.Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets
27.The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle
28.Jane Birkin et Serge Gainsbourg - Jane Birkin et Serge Gainsbourg
29.Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends
30.Moondog – Moondog

so far

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/15/11 12:40pm

blackbob

avatar

lilgish said:

Albums

1.The Kinks - The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society
2.The Beatles – The Beatles
3.The Stooges – The Stooges
4.The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
5.The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground
6.Nico – Chelsea Girl
7.Nico – Marble Index
8.John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
9.Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
10.Jimi Hendrix – Are You Experienced
11.King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
12.The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
13.Van Morrison – Astral Weeks
14.Donovan - Sunshine Superman
15.Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love
16.The Doors – The Doors
17.Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home
18.Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
19.Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin 2
20.Bob Dylan – Blonde on Blonde
21.Pink Floyd – Piper At The Gates of Dawn
22.The Rolling Stones – Aftermath
23.Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin
24.The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
25.The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground
26.Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets
27.The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle
28.Jane Birkin et Serge Gainsbourg - Jane Birkin et Serge Gainsbourg
29.Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends
30.Moondog – Moondog

so far

great to see the kinks ' village green preservation society ' getting some love here....it really is a remarkable album full of great pop songs...ray davies was on fire as a songwriter during the late sixties.....amazing that this stunning album never charted anywhere....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/17/11 5:31am

starbuck

avatar

Here we go

Beatles - Sgt Peppers (1967)

Beatles - Revolver (1966)

Beatles - Rubber Soul (1965)

Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

Beatles - White Album (1968)

Beatles - Abbey Road (1969)

White Noise - an electric storm (1969)

Pretty Things - Sf Sorrow (1967)

The Who - Sell Out (1967)

The Twilights - Once upon a twilight (1968)

Picadilly Line - The huge world of Emily Small (1967)

Skip Bifferty - Skip Bifferty (1968)

Rainbow Ffolly - Sallies fforth (1968)

Euphoria - a gift from euphoria (1969)

Frank Zappa - Absolutely Free (1967)

Frank Zappa - Freak Out (1966)

Frank Zappa - We're only in it for the money (1968)

Frank Zappa - Lumpy Gravy (1968)

Twentieth Century Zoo - Thunder on a clear day (1968)

Serge Gainsbourg - Initials B.B. (1968)

Arcadium - Breath awhile (1969)

C.A. Quintet - trip thru Hell (1968)

Boudewijn de Groot - Pick Nick (1967)

Boudewijn de Groot - Nacht en ontij (1968)

Groep 1850 - Agemo's trip to mother earth (1968)

Q65 - Revolution (1966)

Outsiders - CQ (1968)

Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda (1969)

July - July (1968)

J.K. & Co. - Suddenly one Summer (1968)

Tomorrow - Tomorrow (1968)

Food - Forever is a dream (1969)

Os Mutantes - Mutantes (1969)

Os Mutantes - Os Mutantes (1968)

Bob Dylan - Blonde on blonde (1966)

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 revisited (1965)

Bob Dylan - Bringing it all back home

The Seeds - Future (1967)

Time - Before there was... (1968)

The Music Machine - (turn on) tehmusic machine (1966)

Kinks - Village green preservation society (1967)

Kinks - face to face (1966)

Kinks - something else (1967)

leonard Cohen - Songs of Leanad Cohen (1967)

Sagittarius - Present Tense (1968)

The Electric Prunes - Undergond (1967)

Xhol Caravan - Electrip (1969)

The Millennium - Begin (1968)

France Gall - 1968 (1968)

Van Morrisson - Astral Weeks (1968)

The 13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators (1966)

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (1966)

Roy Harper - Folkjokeopus (1969)

Kaleidoscope (mexican band) - Kaleidoscope (1969)

Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground & Nico (1967)

The Soft Machine - Soft Machine (1968)

Love - Forever changes (1967)

Spirit of John Morgan - Spirit of John Morgan (1969)

The West coast pop art experimental Band - Volume One (1967)

The West coast pop art experimental band - Vol. Two

The West Coast pop art experimental Band - a child's guide to good and evil (1968)

The Deviants - Ptooff (1967)

Doors - Doors

Doors - Strange Days

Doors - Waiting for the sun

The Motions - Electric Baby (1969)

Captain Beefheart - Trout mask replica (1969)

Billy Nichols - Would you belive (1968)

Rolling Stones - Between the buttons

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Lady land

David Axelrod - Song of innocence (1968)

The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle (1968)

Pink Floyd - Piper at the gates of Dawn (1967)

Kevin Ayers - Joy of a toy (1969)

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic pillow (1967)

The Left Banke - Walk Away Renée / Pretty Ballerina (1967)

The United States of America - The united States Of america (1968)

Kaleidoscope - Tangerine dream (1967)

Kaleidoscope - Faintly Blowing

Nico - Chelsea girl (1967)
dr John - gris Gris (1968)

Fifty foot hose - Cauldron

Pharaoh Sanders - Karma (1969)

The Insect Trust - The Insect Trust (1968)

Blues Magoos - Electric comic book

Moondog - Moondog (1969)

The Id - The inner sounds of the Id (1967)

The Fallen Angels - It's a long way down (1968)

The Cryan´ Shames - a scratch in the sky (1967)

The Move - The Move (1968)

Isaac Hayes - Hot buttered soul (1969)

Gandalf - Gandalf (1968)

Sly and the Family Stone - Stand (1969)

Bit 'a sweet - Hypnotic 1 (1968)

The Stooges - Stooges (1969)

"Time is a train, makes the future the past"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/24/11 11:58pm

funkyslsistah

avatar

There's only a week left to submit lists. eek I'm in the chronological placement phase, so it's almost done. biggrin

"Funkyslsistah… you ain't funky at all, you just a little ol' prude"!
"It's just my imagination, once again running away with me."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/25/11 6:05am

JoeTyler

Moonby, perhaps you should extend the deadline to March 1st...I mean, how many lists have arrived? neutral sad

tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/26/11 5:34am

Moonbeam

avatar

JoeTyler said:

Moonby, perhaps you should extend the deadline to March 1st...I mean, how many lists have arrived? neutral sad

I'm considering an extension.

Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 01/26/11 9:55am

sextonseven

avatar

I can definitely have an album list by Monday.

A comprehensive song list would take me more time to assemble. I wouldn't mind an extension until February 15th. If that's not possible, I can compile a quick top 10 by Monday also.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 01/26/11 1:30pm

Moonbeam

avatar

starbuck said:

Here we go

Beatles - Sgt Peppers (1967)

Beatles - Revolver (1966)

Beatles - Rubber Soul (1965)

Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

Beatles - White Album (1968)

Beatles - Abbey Road (1969)

White Noise - an electric storm (1969)

Pretty Things - Sf Sorrow (1967)

The Who - Sell Out (1967)

The Twilights - Once upon a twilight (1968)

Picadilly Line - The huge world of Emily Small (1967)

Skip Bifferty - Skip Bifferty (1968)

Rainbow Ffolly - Sallies fforth (1968)

Euphoria - a gift from euphoria (1969)

Frank Zappa - Absolutely Free (1967)

Frank Zappa - Freak Out (1966)

Frank Zappa - We're only in it for the money (1968)

Frank Zappa - Lumpy Gravy (1968)

Twentieth Century Zoo - Thunder on a clear day (1968)

Serge Gainsbourg - Initials B.B. (1968)

Arcadium - Breath awhile (1969)

C.A. Quintet - trip thru Hell (1968)

Boudewijn de Groot - Pick Nick (1967)

Boudewijn de Groot - Nacht en ontij (1968)

Groep 1850 - Agemo's trip to mother earth (1968)

Q65 - Revolution (1966)

Outsiders - CQ (1968)

Herbie Hancock - Fat Albert Rotunda (1969)

July - July (1968)

J.K. & Co. - Suddenly one Summer (1968)

Tomorrow - Tomorrow (1968)

Food - Forever is a dream (1969)

Os Mutantes - Mutantes (1969)

Os Mutantes - Os Mutantes (1968)

Bob Dylan - Blonde on blonde (1966)

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 revisited (1965)

Bob Dylan - Bringing it all back home

The Seeds - Future (1967)

Time - Before there was... (1968)

The Music Machine - (turn on) tehmusic machine (1966)

Kinks - Village green preservation society (1967)

Kinks - face to face (1966)

Kinks - something else (1967)

leonard Cohen - Songs of Leanad Cohen (1967)

Sagittarius - Present Tense (1968)

The Electric Prunes - Undergond (1967)

Xhol Caravan - Electrip (1969)

The Millennium - Begin (1968)

France Gall - 1968 (1968)

Van Morrisson - Astral Weeks (1968)

The 13th Floor Elevators - The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators (1966)

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (1966)

Roy Harper - Folkjokeopus (1969)

Kaleidoscope (mexican band) - Kaleidoscope (1969)

Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground & Nico (1967)

The Soft Machine - Soft Machine (1968)

Love - Forever changes (1967)

Spirit of John Morgan - Spirit of John Morgan (1969)

The West coast pop art experimental Band - Volume One (1967)

The West coast pop art experimental band - Vol. Two

The West Coast pop art experimental Band - a child's guide to good and evil (1968)

The Deviants - Ptooff (1967)

Doors - Doors

Doors - Strange Days

Doors - Waiting for the sun

The Motions - Electric Baby (1969)

Captain Beefheart - Trout mask replica (1969)

Billy Nichols - Would you belive (1968)

Rolling Stones - Between the buttons

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Lady land

David Axelrod - Song of innocence (1968)

The Zombies - Odessey and Oracle (1968)

Pink Floyd - Piper at the gates of Dawn (1967)

Kevin Ayers - Joy of a toy (1969)

Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic pillow (1967)

The Left Banke - Walk Away Renée / Pretty Ballerina (1967)

The United States of America - The united States Of america (1968)

Kaleidoscope - Tangerine dream (1967)

Kaleidoscope - Faintly Blowing

Nico - Chelsea girl (1967)
dr John - gris Gris (1968)

Fifty foot hose - Cauldron

Pharaoh Sanders - Karma (1969)

The Insect Trust - The Insect Trust (1968)

Blues Magoos - Electric comic book

Moondog - Moondog (1969)

The Id - The inner sounds of the Id (1967)

The Fallen Angels - It's a long way down (1968)

The Cryan´ Shames - a scratch in the sky (1967)

The Move - The Move (1968)

Isaac Hayes - Hot buttered soul (1969)

Gandalf - Gandalf (1968)

Sly and the Family Stone - Stand (1969)

Bit 'a sweet - Hypnotic 1 (1968)

The Stooges - Stooges (1969)

I assume these aren't in any particular order?

Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Albums and Songs of the 1960s Poll