independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 22nd Nov 2019 11:04am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > She`s a bad mamma jamma
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/27/10 11:04am

SunnySkies

avatar

She`s a bad mamma jamma

catchy

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/27/10 11:20am

NastradumasKid

SunnySkies said:

catchy



biggrin
Yeah it is, but man cannot stand when people use this song in commercials and movie trailers. mad lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/27/10 11:30am

StarMon

avatar

..Just as fine as she can be music
✮The NFL...frohornsNational Funk League✮
✮The Home of Outta Control Funk & Roll✮
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/27/10 12:56pm

ernestsewell

One of the first songs I bought on iTunes in 2002. Simply one of the funkiest and catchiest songs ever produced.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/27/10 1:08pm

Harlepolis

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/27/10 1:14pm

ernestsewell

Harlepolis said:

[youtube:d74fa70c44]SNIP[/youtube:d74fa70c44]

Yeesh, leave it up to that gutter snipe to ruin a good song.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/27/10 2:13pm

daPrettyman

avatar

Leon Haywood was a funky man. CC's album is excellent. I also liked the b-side (which he remade)
**--••--**--••**--••--**--••**--••--**--••**--••-
U 'gon make me shake my doo loose!
http://www.twitter.com/nivlekbrad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/27/10 2:47pm

Timmy84

Longer version:

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/27/10 2:49pm

NastradumasKid

Timmy84 said:

Longer version:




Nice, cool BTW, dude had some pretty hair.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/27/10 4:28pm

vainandy

avatar

Carl Carlton at his best.
Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/27/10 5:15pm

scriptgirl

avatar

One of the greatest songs of all time, period
"Lack of home training crosses all boundaries."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/27/10 5:27pm

missfee

avatar

lol I always thought Kool and the Gang sung this song. Wow you learn something new everyday on the org. lol.
I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/27/10 5:56pm

Timmy84

missfee said:

lol I always thought Kool and the Gang sung this song. Wow you learn something new everyday on the org. lol.


I NEVER got that. lol First of all, JT can't sing THAT high! lol Second of all, no horns. lol wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/27/10 6:07pm

NastradumasKid

Timmy84 said:

missfee said:

lol I always thought Kool and the Gang sung this song. Wow you learn something new everyday on the org. lol.


I NEVER got that. lol First of all, JT can't sing THAT high! lol Second of all, no horns. lol wink



LOL!!!!! Timmy! lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/27/10 7:33pm

mimi2

ooh damn! Didn't know he had a nice body too drooling
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/27/10 8:36pm

InsatiableCrea
m

avatar

i find this song really annoying boxed
I would let her pee on my face just to see where it came from. -Imago
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/28/10 8:25am

AlexdeParis

avatar

Always loved it, always will dancing jig
"Whitney was purely and simply one of a kind." ~ Clive Davis
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/28/10 8:33am

IAintTheOne

y'all do know Carl has more than just this hit heah' right?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/28/10 8:52am

Cinnie

IAintTheOne said:

y'all do know Carl has more than just this hit heah' right?


Yo, sound the bell, school's in, sucka
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/28/10 8:54am

Timmy84

IAintTheOne said:

y'all do know Carl has more than just this hit heah' right?


Uh...duh. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/28/10 8:55am

Timmy84



This has always been my favorite song of his.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/28/10 8:58am

IAintTheOne

Timmy84 said:

IAintTheOne said:

y'all do know Carl has more than just this hit heah' right?


Uh...duh. lol



I wasnt talkin to you blockhead I know you know lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/28/10 9:02am

Cinnie

I got a Carl Carlton record and I'm not even sure it is the one with "Bad Mama Jama", but at the moment I'm not rightly recalling what his other records were.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/28/10 9:05am

IAintTheOne

Cinnie said:

I got a Carl Carlton record and I'm not even sure it is the one with "Bad Mama Jama", but at the moment I'm not rightly recalling what his other records were.



Is it on 20th Century or ABC or....anything older Carl's been recording since he was a kid. I think his 1st record was on Back Beat
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/28/10 9:09am

Cinnie

IAintTheOne said:

Cinnie said:

I got a Carl Carlton record and I'm not even sure it is the one with "Bad Mama Jama", but at the moment I'm not rightly recalling what his other records were.



Is it on 20th Century or ABC or....anything older Carl's been recording since he was a kid. I think his 1st record was on Back Beat


check when I get home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/28/10 9:11am

Timmy84

IAintTheOne said:

Timmy84 said:



Uh...duh. lol



I wasnt talkin to you blockhead I know you know lol


lol OK then, just checking. wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/28/10 9:14am

Cinnie

daPrettyman said:

Leon Haywood was a funky man. CC's album is excellent. I also liked the b-side (which he remade)


ooh yeah that's the album. that 1981 self titled shirtless one lol


didn't this dude sing "Everlasting Love"?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/28/10 10:03am

IAintTheOne

Cinnie said:

daPrettyman said:

Leon Haywood was a funky man. CC's album is excellent. I also liked the b-side (which he remade)


ooh yeah that's the album. that 1981 self titled shirtless one lol


didn't this dude sing "Everlasting Love"?


that's on 20th century
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/28/10 11:12am

Harlepolis

IAintTheOne said:

Cinnie said:



ooh yeah that's the album. that 1981 self titled shirtless one lol


didn't this dude sing "Everlasting Love"?


that's on 20th century


Who sang those songs 1st though, finess?

I'm mixed up about whether he did "X-Rated" 1st or Leon Hayoowd,,but I'm not at ALL sure who did "Everlasting Love" 1st, it seems that everybody took a stab at it.
[Edited 3/28/10 11:13am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/28/10 11:22am

Timmy84

Harlepolis said:

IAintTheOne said:



that's on 20th century


Who sang those songs 1st though, finess?

I'm mixed up about whether he did "X-Rated" 1st or Leon Hayoowd,,but I'm not at ALL sure who did "Everlasting Love" 1st, it seems that everybody took a stab at it.
[Edited 3/28/10 11:13am]


Yeah someone first did it around '67, Carl's was around '74.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > She`s a bad mamma jamma