independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 17th Nov 2019 2:03pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Beyonce's New Song: If I Were A Boy--More Controversy for Bey (p.4)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/08/08 7:17am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

Beyonce's New Song: If I Were A Boy--More Controversy for Bey (p.4)

You can hear her new song here:

http://elvisduran.com/pag...index.html

Click on any of the links to hear it.

And so the Beyonce oversaturation begins--but I think its a really nice song. Definitely one of her better ones. I'm sure it will get lots of airplay and we'll all be hearing alot of it within the coming months.
[Edited 10/8/08 7:20am]
[Edited 10/14/08 6:23am]
[Edited 10/14/08 6:24am]
[Edited 11/11/08 7:04am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/08/08 7:20am

abierman

the title alone..... barf
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/08/08 7:24am

banks

avatar

I listened to it here

http://theybf.com/


and I'm not feeling it... now i just need to hear the other single (Single Ladies)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/08/08 7:27am

JackieBlue

avatar

Banks you beat me to it. I’m not feeling it either.
Been gone for a minute, now I'm back with the jump off
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/08/08 7:29am

banks

avatar

JackieBlue said:

Banks you beat me to it. I’m not feeling it either.



Yeah... I don't know what this is all about but she can have this shit
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/08/08 7:36am

kenlacam

BOOO. Ciara had a similiar title song. Get real, Beyonce!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/08/08 7:40am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

banks said:

JackieBlue said:

Banks you beat me to it. I’m not feeling it either.



Yeah... I don't know what this is all about but she can have this shit

lol Well compared to songs like Ring the Alarm and Check on It, this song is much better. But I'm sure we'll be hearing this song alot like her song Irreplaceable. You know they're gonna shove it down our throats and try to make it THE song of 2009. Gotta love that Payolla. mad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/08/08 7:43am

Ifsixwuz9

avatar

JackieBlue said:

Banks you beat me to it. I’m not feeling it either.



hmm I couldn't get through more than 1 minute of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/08/08 7:48am

Graycap23

It took 5 minutes 2 write this SH*T.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/08/08 7:55am

KidaDynamite

avatar

kenlacam said:

BOOO. Ciara had a similiar title song. Get real, Beyonce!

That means what?
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/08/08 8:25am

purplecam

avatar

I just listened to it. It's boring and kinda depressing too.
I'm not a fan of "old Prince". I'm not a fan of "new Prince". I'm just a fan of Prince. Simple as that
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/08/08 8:28am

KidaDynamite

avatar

purplecam said:

I just listened to it. It's boring and kinda depressing too.

Yeah, I'm not feeling it too much either.
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/08/08 9:05am

robertlove

not really into beyonce....but i like this one! part of the song she sounds different....finally like her voice
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/08/08 9:33am

purplecam

avatar

NaughtyKitty said:

banks said:




Yeah... I don't know what this is all about but she can have this shit

lol Well compared to songs like Ring the Alarm and Check on It, this song is much better. But I'm sure we'll be hearing this song alot like her song Irreplaceable. You know they're gonna shove it down our throats and try to make it THE song of 2009. Gotta love that Payolla. mad

That's no lie. She's going to be everywhere again and I'm going to be going rolleyes I wish she would just disappear for a year and then comeback.
I'm not a fan of "old Prince". I'm not a fan of "new Prince". I'm just a fan of Prince. Simple as that
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/09/08 1:11am

BlaqueKnight

avatar

KidaDynamite said:

kenlacam said:

BOOO. Ciara had a similiar title song. Get real, Beyonce!

That means what?



It means be more creative with song concepts.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...FRuUJR4LPI


The only one who seems to have made a clever and thoughtful song from this concept was Prince. "If I Was Your Girlfriend" is miles ahead of this childish mess and even Ciara's "Like A Boy". Most of the songs Beyoncé comes up with seem to end up being male diss songs. When is this silly bobblehead going to grow up and stop whining about man problems that she's not even having?
Now if a man wrote a songs called "If I Were A Girl" where he talked about teasing men and taking their money, every feminazi "activist" group would be boycotting radio stations across the country demanding the song be removed.
Neither Ciara nor Beyoncé have any clue as to what they would do if they were boys because they aren't. What Bey needs to do is start singing songs for WOMEN in her age range and stop singing shit like she's still 16, with her immature lyric ass.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/09/08 1:15am

KidaDynamite

avatar

BlaqueKnight said:

KidaDynamite said:


That means what?



It means be more creative with song concepts.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...FRuUJR4LPI


The only one who seems to have made a clever and thoughtful song from this concept was Prince. "If I Was Your Girlfriend" is miles ahead of this childish mess and even Ciara's "Like A Boy". Most of the songs Beyoncé comes up with seem to end up being male diss songs. When is this silly bobblehead going to grow up and stop whining about man problems that she's not even having?
Now if a man wrote a songs called "If I Were A Girl" where he talked about teasing men and taking their money, every feminazi "activist" group would be boycotting radio stations across the country demanding the song be removed.
Neither Ciara nor Beyoncé have any clue as to what they would do if they were boys because they aren't. What Bey needs to do is start singing songs for WOMEN in her age range and stop singing shit like she's still 16, with her immature lyric ass.


Okay....someone ain't getting any. lol
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/09/08 1:33am

BlaqueKnight

avatar

KidaDynamite said:



Okay....someone ain't getting any. lol



You must mean Beyoncé.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/09/08 1:42am

kano1987

Beyoncé sucks!!!!!1 lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/09/08 2:01am

KidaDynamite

avatar

BlaqueKnight said:

KidaDynamite said:



Okay....someone ain't getting any. lol



You must mean Beyoncé.


Yeah Beyonce....riiiight! lurking


So, name 3 songs where she's dogging dudes.
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/09/08 2:23am

PurpleCharm

KidaDynamite said:

BlaqueKnight said:




You must mean Beyoncé.


Yeah Beyonce....riiiight! lurking


So, name 3 songs where she's dogging dudes.

Bugaboo
Irreplaceable
Bills, Bills, Bills
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/09/08 2:32am

KidaDynamite

avatar

PurpleCharm said:

KidaDynamite said:



Yeah Beyonce....riiiight! lurking


So, name 3 songs where she's dogging dudes.

Bugaboo
Irreplaceable
Bills, Bills, Bills


Disqualified!

Irreplaceable- she was talking about a dude cheating on her
Bills Bills Bills- they we're talking about fools spending up their money and shit.

How is that dogging dudes?!
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/09/08 4:46am

alphastreet

I thought it would be stupid, but it's better than I thought. She sounds really good vocally and the harmonies

The hook throughout the song reminds me slightly of missing you by john waite
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/09/08 6:51am

NaughtyKitty

avatar

Oct 8 2008 2:06 PM EDT

Beyonce Releases Two Tracks From I Am ... , Inspired By Jay-Z And Etta James
B says playing the jazz singer in 'Cadillac Records' pushed her 'to do a lot of things musically that no one else is doing.'


By Jennifer Vineyard


Two new singles by Beyoncé premiered on the radio Wednesday (October 8) in advance of the November 18 release of her upcoming album, I Am ... . One is the dance track "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" and the other is a more introspective ballad called "If I Were a Boy" — two songs that represent two different sides of the singer, as she suggested in a letter to fans last week.

The singer recently opened up to Essence magazine about some of the influences on the album, which include hubby Jay-Z and playing Etta James in the movie "Cadillac Records."

B recorded 60 to 70 songs for the album (only 10 made the cut), but 40 of them turned out to be about love, she said. "There's a balance," she told the magazine. Meaning the love is reciprocated? "Yeah," she giggled. "Definitely."

While "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" acts sonically as a sequel to "Get Me Bodied," "If I Were a Boy" is unlike anything Beyoncé has done before. "It's broad," she told Essence. "But I had to try it, because I remember Aretha Franklin said a great singer can sing anything and make it her own."

B also decided to follow the example of Etta James and broaden her horizons. "Etta expressed herself; she was bold," Beyoncé said. "That inspired me to do a lot of things musically that no one else is doing."

Etta also inspired her to do a lot of things in her acting career that she's never done before. To prep for "Cadillac Records," B took a trip to a Brooklyn rehab to visit drug addicts. The work paid off, she said. "This is the first time I felt that naked and vulnerable acting," she told Essence. "After I finished the scene, me, my mom, my acting coach, [my cousin and executive assistant] Angie, we were all just jumping up and down, like, 'Oh my God, that was it!' "

And she stretches beyond playing singers (as she's also done in "Fighting Temptations" and "Dreamgirls") for her first thriller, "Obsessed," in which she brawls with "Heroes" star Ali Larter.

"At first it was choreographed as more of a catfight," B said, "but we were like, 'This is not how a woman would fight if she's protecting her family.' Now it's very intense."

http://www.mtv.com/news/a...once.jhtml
[Edited 10/9/08 6:52am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/09/08 6:57am

Graycap23

Both of these songs sound like a 3 year old wrote and produced it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/09/08 8:11am

JackieBlue

avatar

Obsessed? So she's really serious about this acting thing...
Been gone for a minute, now I'm back with the jump off
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/09/08 9:17am

tonyat

Hated it!!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/09/08 11:55am

Alej

avatar

Graycap23 said:

It took 5 minutes 2 write this SH*T.


You have the option not to listen lol
The orger formerly known as theodore
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/09/08 11:58am

Graycap23

Alej said:

Graycap23 said:

It took 5 minutes 2 write this SH*T.


You have the option not to listen lol

Don't worry.....I will be exercising that option. After her 1st solo release, I had high hopes 4 her. I really enjoyed that cd, but her efforts since then have gone down hill.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/09/08 12:04pm

myloveis4ever

avatar

BlaqueKnight said:

KidaDynamite said:


That means what?



It means be more creative with song concepts.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...FRuUJR4LPI


The only one who seems to have made a clever and thoughtful song from this concept was Prince. "If I Was Your Girlfriend" is miles ahead of this childish mess and even Ciara's "Like A Boy". Most of the songs Beyoncé comes up with seem to end up being male diss songs. When is this silly bobblehead going to grow up and stop whining about man problems that she's not even having?
Now if a man wrote a songs called "If I Were A Girl" where he talked about teasing men and taking their money, every feminazi "activist" group would be boycotting radio stations across the country demanding the song be removed.
Neither Ciara nor Beyoncé have any clue as to what they would do if they were boys because they aren't. What Bey needs to do is start singing songs for WOMEN in her age range and stop singing shit like she's still 16, with her immature lyric ass.


lol lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/09/08 12:52pm

Ifsixwuz9

avatar

BlaqueKnight said:

KidaDynamite said:


That means what?



It means be more creative with song concepts.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...FRuUJR4LPI


The only one who seems to have made a clever and thoughtful song from this concept was Prince. "If I Was Your Girlfriend" is miles ahead of this childish mess and even Ciara's "Like A Boy". Most of the songs Beyoncé comes up with seem to end up being male diss songs. When is this silly bobblehead going to grow up and stop whining about man problems that she's not even having?
Now if a man wrote a songs called "If I Were A Girl" where he talked about teasing men and taking their money, every feminazi "activist" group would be boycotting radio stations across the country demanding the song be removed.
Neither Ciara nor Beyoncé have any clue as to what they would do if they were boys because they aren't. What Bey needs to do is start singing songs for WOMEN in her age range and stop singing shit like she's still 16, with her immature lyric ass.


You know BK you annoy me sometimes lol but you hit the nail on the head with this ...twice. When I heard the songs I was thinking the same thing -- this chick in damn near 30 and is still singing this mid-teen BS. WTF?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Beyonce's New Song: If I Were A Boy--More Controversy for Bey (p.4)