independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 18th Nov 2019 10:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Sigur Ros is awesome.. check em out on youtube!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/07/08 1:28pm

karmatornado

avatar

Sigur Ros is awesome.. check em out on youtube!

I love this little Icelandic Band,,, I have been watching this on my little breaks all day! [/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr4s7KeCbV8[url] This is an interesting documentary concert concept called Heima where they played a bunch of free shows in there homeland. Very cool
Carpenters bend wood, fletchers bend arrows, wise men fashion themselves.

Don't Talk About It, Be About It!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/07/08 1:35pm

GangstaFam

I love them too.

My best friend and I have been meaning to watch this concert film for a couple months and I think it's finally time to make the time to do it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/07/08 1:39pm

karmatornado

avatar

Fast Forward it to about 20 minutes into this video,,, this is the song that made me love this group!
Carpenters bend wood, fletchers bend arrows, wise men fashion themselves.

Don't Talk About It, Be About It!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/07/08 1:40pm

Slave2daGroove

Here let me help you as I love this band too

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/07/08 2:22pm

HamsterHuey

thumbs up!

Amazing band. They stretch reality.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/07/08 3:55pm

Sdldawn

love them
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/07/08 6:11pm

Bfunkthe1

avatar

karmatornado said:

I love this little Icelandic Band,,, I have been watching this on my little breaks all day! [/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr4s7KeCbV8[url] This is an interesting documentary concert concept called Heima where they played a bunch of free shows in there homeland. Very cool

Man, I just bought this DVD today! I've kinda vaguely liked them but this DVD looks execptional. The more I listen to them, the more I like them. They kinda pull you into this other world of sounds and textures. And it's a peaceful soul-stirring positive place to be.
My entertainment for tonight?
Sigur Ros Heima DVD in 5.1 DTS surround sound and a few selected drinks.
Nice. cool
Fantasy is reality in the world today. But I'll keep hangin in there, that is the only way.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/07/08 7:21pm

MoonSongs

avatar

GangstaFam said:

I love them too.

My best friend and I have been meaning to watch this concert film for a couple months and I think it's finally time to make the time to do it.

It Is!!! It Is!!!
Anyone ~ if you have the chance to see them Live, go ~ what a profound experience.
Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife. --Kahlil Gibran
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/07/08 7:53pm

Raze

avatar

I really love what I've heard by them. It's like a cross between Bjork and Mercury Rev to me. I've got their albums on my iPod. I need to listen to them. I think I'll need to be in the right mood for it, though.
"Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other half may reach you." - Kahlil Gibran
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/07/08 7:53pm

GangstaFam

MoonSongs said:

It Is!!! It Is!!!
Anyone ~ if you have the chance to see them Live, go ~ what a profound experience.

We definitely should before winter's over. Maybe during your time off. deal
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/07/08 7:56pm

MoonSongs

avatar

GangstaFam said:

MoonSongs said:

It Is!!! It Is!!!
Anyone ~ if you have the chance to see them Live, go ~ what a profound experience.

We definitely should before winter's over. Maybe during your time off. deal

Signed on the dottted line! I'll bring the wine cool
Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife. --Kahlil Gibran
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/07/08 8:12pm

GangstaFam

MoonSongs said:

Signed on the dottted line! I'll bring the wine cool

The concept sounds spectacular. I'd love to see this on the big screen.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/22/08 3:19am

ZombieKitten

I've just got "Takk", listening for the first time right now

smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/22/08 6:48pm

MoonSongs

avatar

ZombieKitten said:

I've just got "Takk", listening for the first time right now

smile

It is otherworldly ~ turn all the lights off, light a candle and just immerse yourself. This was one of the most mesmerising live concerts I've ever seen. Wish I could find a dvd of it somewhere. Enjoy!
Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife. --Kahlil Gibran
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Sigur Ros is awesome.. check em out on youtube!