independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 20th Jul 2019 5:17pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Me'Shell - Ain't hittin like she used to?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/08/07 8:34am

DaisyHall

avatar

Me'Shell - Ain't hittin like she used to?

OK so the only NEWS circulating about Me'Shell N'degeocello these days is that she kinda sucked in her recent concerts in DC; and then had an Epileptic seizure on stage in Atlanta (Due to some dumb girls taking pictures with a flash) then throwing water on FANS in the audience, and hitting some guy in the head with a half full water bottle. But who really cares about her bad behavior? WHEN IS THE NEW ALBUM GONNA BE RELEASED? I hated "The Article EP" when I first heard it - then about a week later I loved it. WHERE"S THE DAMN NEW ALBUM????
Not A Newbie, Just Reinvented
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/08/07 8:42am

Graycap23

Good Question.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/09/07 2:38am

CalhounSq

avatar

What a great thread title... NOT exclaim

lol whofarted
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/09/07 6:58am

DaisyHall

avatar

CalhounSq said:

What a great thread title... NOT exclaim

lol whofarted


Thanx BORAT
Not A Newbie, Just Reinvented
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/09/07 3:35pm

CalhounSq

avatar

DaisyHall said:

CalhounSq said:

What a great thread title... NOT exclaim

lol whofarted


Thanx BORAT

Thanks for your misleading thread title biggrin
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/09/07 4:56pm

Lammastide

avatar

Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ χρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/09/07 6:41pm

alphastreet

all that gender identity confusion is getting to his head, even his neuorological system can't take the pressure
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/09/07 7:58pm

CalhounSq

avatar

AND I REPEAT...

alphastreet said:

all that gender identity confusion is getting to his head, even his neuorological system can't take the pressure


i guess she doesn't have balls to put himself on the cover, poor moth


she can't decide whether to be a woman or man, now its a moth

Do you have a problem w/ her being gay or something?? confused What's up your ass about this? confuse

I literally don't understand such comments, people always wanna boil her down to that "she's a man" shit & it's irritating. This woman is a kickass musician doing her thing - wtf does her look or sexuality have to do w/ her artistry?

Mind you, this is coming from someone who routinely skewers MJ (dag, stay back!) so I get it when it's over the top madness that you just can't ignore. But this chick keeps her hair short, doesn't rock makeup & seems to keep to herself - so why all the venom & digs @ her??

I dunno, I just don't get it. I think she's awesome, that's all I see - an awesome artist... that's all she needs to be to me...

twocents
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/10/07 4:59am

alphastreet

I'm not homophobic, I just can't stand me'shell's ass or music. Not my type
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/10/07 7:05am

CalhounSq

avatar

alphastreet said:

I'm not homophobic, I just can't stand me'shell's ass or music. Not my type

Then if you're NOT homophobic WHY do you keep attacking her personally - why don't you just shit on the music (which is insane enough) & keep it movin'? All the sexuality comments are really shitty, I'm not sure you're clear on your stance as non-homophobic but whatever...
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/10/07 7:16am

alphastreet

CalhounSq said:

alphastreet said:

I'm not homophobic, I just can't stand me'shell's ass or music. Not my type

Then if you're NOT homophobic WHY do you keep attacking her personally - why don't you just shit on the music (which is insane enough) & keep it movin'? All the sexuality comments are really shitty, I'm not sure you're clear on your stance as non-homophobic but whatever...


she's annoying ok? just the way some of you find mj annoying and continue to make cracks, but I usually ignore that cause people will never learn....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/10/07 7:30am

calldapplwonde
ry83

alphastreet said:

CalhounSq said:


Then if you're NOT homophobic WHY do you keep attacking her personally - why don't you just shit on the music (which is insane enough) & keep it movin'? All the sexuality comments are really shitty, I'm not sure you're clear on your stance as non-homophobic but whatever...


she's annoying ok? just the way some of you find mj annoying and continue to make cracks, but I usually ignore that cause people will never learn....


Obviously you won't either.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/10/07 7:33am

alphastreet

so I guess we're even
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/10/07 11:30am

FlexiTime

DaisyHall said:

OK so the only NEWS circulating about Me'Shell N'degeocello these days is that she kinda sucked in her recent concerts in DC; and then had an Epileptic seizure on stage in Atlanta (Due to some dumb girls taking pictures with a flash) then throwing water on FANS in the audience, and hitting some guy in the head with a half full water bottle. But who really cares about her bad behavior? WHEN IS THE NEW ALBUM GONNA BE RELEASED? I hated "The Article EP" when I first heard it - then about a week later I loved it. WHERE"S THE DAMN NEW ALBUM????


Sounds like her gigs are interesting even if her music isn't what it used to be. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/10/07 5:16pm

CalhounSq

avatar

FlexiTime said:

DaisyHall said:

OK so the only NEWS circulating about Me'Shell N'degeocello these days is that she kinda sucked in her recent concerts in DC; and then had an Epileptic seizure on stage in Atlanta (Due to some dumb girls taking pictures with a flash) then throwing water on FANS in the audience, and hitting some guy in the head with a half full water bottle. But who really cares about her bad behavior? WHEN IS THE NEW ALBUM GONNA BE RELEASED? I hated "The Article EP" when I first heard it - then about a week later I loved it. WHERE"S THE DAMN NEW ALBUM????


Sounds like her gigs are interesting even if her music isn't what it used to be. lol

Don't buy into the hype - apparently there were 3 shows that were "strange" but folks are trying to make it seem like she's going nuts or something. She's been great all the times I've seen her, AFTER this incident as well exclaim
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/10/07 5:54pm

DaisyHall

avatar

CalhounSq said:

FlexiTime said:



Sounds like her gigs are interesting even if her music isn't what it used to be. lol

Don't buy into the hype - apparently there were 3 shows that were "strange" but folks are trying to make it seem like she's going nuts or something. She's been great all the times I've seen her, AFTER this incident as well exclaim

Hey Calhoun, do you live in Albany NY?
Not A Newbie, Just Reinvented
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/10/07 7:49pm

CalhounSq

avatar

DaisyHall said:

CalhounSq said:


Don't buy into the hype - apparently there were 3 shows that were "strange" but folks are trying to make it seem like she's going nuts or something. She's been great all the times I've seen her, AFTER this incident as well exclaim

Hey Calhoun, do you live in Albany NY?

no
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/11/07 1:20am

CalhounSq

avatar

alphastreet said:

CalhounSq said:


Then if you're NOT homophobic WHY do you keep attacking her personally - why don't you just shit on the music (which is insane enough) & keep it movin'? All the sexuality comments are really shitty, I'm not sure you're clear on your stance as non-homophobic but whatever...


she's annoying ok? just the way some of you find mj annoying and continue to make cracks, but I usually ignore that cause people will never learn....

OMG, I just connected the dots - you're the same *bright individual* who bought Beyonce tix but is concerned that she only wears ONE costume falloff But you don't dig MeShell, OMG hah!
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/11/07 1:21am

alphastreet

CalhounSq said:

alphastreet said:



she's annoying ok? just the way some of you find mj annoying and continue to make cracks, but I usually ignore that cause people will never learn....

OMG, I just connected the dots - you're the same *bright individual* who bought Beyonce tix but is concerned that she only wears ONE costume falloff But you don't dig MeShell, OMG hah!


I love you, I really do. Your prince avatar is too sexy that I can't hate you even if I wanted to
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/11/07 1:24am

CalhounSq

avatar

alphastreet said:

CalhounSq said:


OMG, I just connected the dots - you're the same *bright individual* who bought Beyonce tix but is concerned that she only wears ONE costume falloff But you don't dig MeShell, OMG hah!


I love you, I really do. Your prince avatar is too sexy that I can't hate you even if I wanted to

falloff well played cool
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/11/07 1:37am

alphastreet

CalhounSq said:

alphastreet said:



I love you, I really do. Your prince avatar is too sexy that I can't hate you even if I wanted to

falloff well played cool


can you post a bigger picture of him there? please?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/11/07 4:25am

CalhounSq

avatar

heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/11/07 4:27am

CalhounSq

avatar

alphastreet said:

CalhounSq said:


falloff well played cool


can you post a bigger picture of him there? please?

I can't go through all that photobucket nonsense right now, but you can find it in the gallery. It's the Italian Vogue cover...
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/12/07 9:24am

DaisyHall

avatar

FANatic
Not A Newbie, Just Reinvented
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/12/07 10:04am

Farfunknugin

avatar

Well i can attest she put her "bad" gigs to rest. I saw her show last Saturday here in SF & it was without a doubt the best show i've seen in years by anyone including Prince. It was a rock show ya'll. I'd call it Rock/funk with a leaning more toward rock. I too had heard about her supposed bad shows. The show I saw exceeded all expectations & I have pretty high standards.. The rest of the tour stops are in for a treat if she sticks to the same setlist which i don't know by name because 95% of it was new material. She opened up w/ a beautiful new ballad then launched straight into Sloageneer which just blew everyone away. 2 of the trax were written by bandmembers w/ one track having a punk edge to it. This was one for the ages. I can't wait for the new disc to drop!!
[Edited 6/12/07 15:33pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/12/07 1:21pm

Slave2daGroove

I like her more because of this thread, nice work thumbs up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/12/07 1:41pm

SupaFunkyOrgan
grinderSexy

avatar

Slave2daGroove said:

I like her more because of this thread, nice work thumbs up!

Exactly. That's like when someone tried convincing me Bjork was crazy because she attacked that reporter. It made me respect her more lol

And I really find these stories hard to believe. I have seen her a ton of times and she has never exuded even one ounce of disrespect for her fans. It has been the complete opposite. Maybe folks act ignorant in different places and if that is the case I'm glad she's checkin shit nod
2010: Healing the Wounds of the Past.... http://prince.org/msg/8/325740
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/12/07 3:30pm

LesGrinds

avatar

Cosign on Saturday's show, farfunk - GREAT show! I was completely enthralled and ready to go ANYWHERE she wanted to take me.

Can't wait for the album.
__________________________________________
"You can always change your underwear."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/12/07 3:59pm

CalhounSq

avatar

Farfunknugin said:

Well i can attest she put her "bad" gigs to rest. I saw her show last Saturday here in SF & it was without a doubt the best show i've seen in years by anyone including Prince. It was a rock show ya'll. I'd call it Rock/funk with a leaning more toward rock. I too had heard about her supposed bad shows. The show I saw exceeded all expectations & I have pretty high standards.. The rest of the tour stops are in for a treat if she sticks to the same setlist which i don't know by name because 95% of it was new material. She opened up w/ a beautiful new ballad then launched straight into Sloageneer which just blew everyone away. 2 of the trax were written by bandmembers w/ one track having a punk edge to it. This was one for the ages. I can't wait for the new disc to drop!!
[Edited 6/12/07 15:33pm]

headbang
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Me'Shell - Ain't hittin like she used to?