independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > WELCOME 2 AMERICA: RELEASE DATE 07/30/21 -PT II
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 14 of 20 « First<101112131415161718>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #390 posted 07/29/21 3:00pm

dodger

lion88 said:

I really like Running Game (Son of a Slave Master). I noticed it is not appreciated that much in the reviews. I like the relaxed sound and melody.

[Edited 7/29/21 14:00pm]



I dig it. Never really been a Shelby fan but credit where it’s due on here.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #391 posted 07/29/21 3:01pm

lion88

fragglerock said:

lion88 said:

I really like Running Game (Son of a Slave Master). I noticed it is not appreciated that much in the reviews. I like the relaxed sound and melody.

[Edited 7/29/21 14:00pm]

really? weakest track on the album by far, even Hot Summer is better!

Really, In my opinion Running Game is better and musically more interesting than Welcome 2 America (not a real song and a bit repetative and boring) and Hot Summer ( bland , light breazy pop) combined. I am not saying it is the best song of the album. But in the top five for sure. It is stuck in my head. Like beginning endlessly was for me on the 20ten album. Also the second song of the album

[Edited 7/29/21 15:04pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #392 posted 07/29/21 3:02pm

Phase3

I think the weakest track is "Rin tin tin"
Something doesn't gel well...like there is something missing
Not a horrible track by any means just the weakest on the album and yes I even like Hot summer better
One thing I love about Prince...if I can borrow a line from Forrest Gump."Life is a like a box of chocolates,you never know what your gonna get".Same thing with Prince,you never know what kind of album your gonna get,funk,pop,rock,jazz,a Jehovah witness album,a political album,a album of him chasing the charts sounding like current pop.He is truly one of a kind.
I am still enjoying the album.Suppose to get my official deluxe set tomorrow in the mail
For those who already have it,how great is the Blu-ray??
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #393 posted 07/29/21 4:47pm

MIRvmn

avatar

lion88 said:

I really like Running Game (Son of a Slave Master). I noticed it is not appreciated that much in the reviews. I like the relaxed sound and melody.

[Edited 7/29/21 14:00pm]


Yes it's a good song and keeps growing on me smile
We are living in Orwell's 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #394 posted 07/29/21 4:48pm

herb4

avatar

SchlomoThaHomo said:

bluegangsta said:

The 96khz/ 24bit download is clearly... well... not.

I guess the "found on some CDs" narrative is very plausable.

What is it supposed to look like?


It's supposed to have mid range.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #395 posted 07/29/21 5:29pm

jfenster

JAYJOE said:



jfenster said:


Do the lyrics come with CD?

Yes!!!


Excellent...thanx
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #396 posted 07/29/21 6:45pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Amazon just changed my expected delivery date from 8/10 to tomorrow!! I don't even have Prime, so, YAY! headbang

ALL authoritarians are fascists, ALL fascists are evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #397 posted 07/29/21 9:32pm

SoulAlive

listening to the album on Spotify now.I like it so far.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #398 posted 07/29/21 9:35pm

purplepolitici
an

avatar

It's on the streaming music. Same popping sounds in Stand Up. Been singing it all day, a bit disappointed about that, but it's still a bop, me thinks. Album is fire, welcome 2 more stuff like this.
For all time I am with you, you are with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #399 posted 07/29/21 9:39pm

TheKid94

Lotusflow3r does it better, the music just doesn't resonate as well as I'd like. My opinion may change however and I am happy with all the press he's getting. Excited to see the DVD ⚡
prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #400 posted 07/29/21 10:14pm

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

Damn sad that “the noises” are there. Gutted-Gate the sequel. The album is too good to have been lazily sourced from an old and slightly damaged CDR. Prince deserves better than that and so do we.
"That's when stars collide. When there's space for what u want, and ur heart is open wide."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #401 posted 07/29/21 10:15pm

SoulAlive

favorites so far:

Born 2 Die,When She Comes,1010 (Rin Tin Tin),One Day We Will All B Free


It’s a solid album,folks.I’m digging it 👍
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #402 posted 07/29/21 10:35pm

Romeoblu

SchlomoThaHomo said:

Damn sad that “the noises” are there. Gutted-Gate the sequel. The album is too good to have been lazily sourced from an old and slightly damaged CDR. Prince deserves better than that and so do we.


I totally agree.

It's really piss poor. Surely they noticed it.

They must have the master tapes.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #403 posted 07/29/21 11:51pm

Nightcrawler

This morning I get to experience a feeling that I have been missing way to long: Listening to a fresh album from my favourite artist. Reading the lyrics, enjoying the music. That is a fantastic feeling and a day to remember.
And I think the Estate did a great job promoting it. there are reviews everywhere and even friends that don‘t listen to Prince much have been texting me in the last days to inform me that there is a new album coming out (as of I didn‘t know biggrin)
Just like the sun, the rainbow children rise...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #404 posted 07/30/21 12:10am

Romeoblu

Nightcrawler said:

This morning I get to experience a feeling that I have been missing way to long: Listening to a fresh album from my favourite artist. Reading the lyrics, enjoying the music. That is a fantastic feeling and a day to remember.
And I think the Estate did a great job promoting it. there are reviews everywhere and even friends that don‘t listen to Prince much have been texting me in the last days to inform me that there is a new album coming out (as of I didn‘t know biggrin)


Shame the experience is ruined by releasing a glitch ridden album.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #405 posted 07/30/21 12:14am

antonb

Nightcrawler said:

This morning I get to experience a feeling that I have been missing way to long: Listening to a fresh album from my favourite artist. Reading the lyrics, enjoying the music. That is a fantastic feeling and a day to remember.
And I think the Estate did a great job promoting it. there are reviews everywhere and even friends that don‘t listen to Prince much have been texting me in the last days to inform me that there is a new album coming out (as of I didn‘t know biggrin)

This is my favourite post about the album so far. My feelings exactly! Enjoy!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #406 posted 07/30/21 2:03am

andykeen

avatar

As an Album, I actually think it’s flow is pretty great and I much prefer it over 20Ten. However, the sound quality at times is trash and some songs don’t sound complete.

Pleasantly surprised!

Keenmeister
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #407 posted 07/30/21 2:39am

andykeen

avatar

Just played Stand Up and Be Strong through my speaker system - those clicks 😳 like honestly… where’s the quality control?

Keenmeister
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #408 posted 07/30/21 2:48am

FunkyStrange

avatar

now we just wait for the usual apologists to tell us we're being unreasonable and negative and bitter for having legitimate complaints about serious audio quality control issues

hard to believe been on the org for over 20 years now!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #409 posted 07/30/21 2:54am

EmmaMcG

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

Amazon just changed my expected delivery date from 8/10 to tomorrow!! I don't even have Prime, so, YAY! headbang



Mine originally said "Arriving August 6" but I received it yesterday, a day before the official release lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #410 posted 07/30/21 2:57am

EmmaMcG

avatar

FunkyStrange said:

now we just wait for the usual apologists to tell us we're being unreasonable and negative and bitter for having legitimate complaints about serious audio quality control issues



I'm not sure if I fall into that category of "usual apologist" but I still don't hear anything wrong with the sound on Stand Up And B Strong. Other than the song itself being fucking awful, that is. Though I must admit, I've not listened to it all that much so maybe on repeated listens, I'd hear these issues. But luckily for me, I hate that song so I won't be listening to it much razz
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #411 posted 07/30/21 3:48am

olb99

avatar

SchlomoThaHomo said:

Damn sad that “the noises” are there. Gutted-Gate the sequel. The album is too good to have been lazily sourced from an old and slightly damaged CDR. Prince deserves better than that and so do we.


Agreed. This has happened with each and every new release now…
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #412 posted 07/30/21 3:50am

olb99

avatar

bluegangsta said:

The 96khz/ 24bit download is clearly... well... not.

I guess the "found on some CDs" narrative is very plausable.



This is yet another proof that buying 96/24 files is completely useless compared to 44.1/16 files.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #413 posted 07/30/21 5:07am

fishwillbite

avatar

I find the second half, starting with Check the Record, much stronger than the first half.

Highlights for me are Check the Record and the insane harpsichord solo on Rin Tin Tin. And good to hear proper sexy Prince on When She Comes.

Just wish in general that the production was crazier - there's potential for a full-on psychedellic Funkadelic/Eryka Badu record here.

PIPS! Eurgh...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #414 posted 07/30/21 5:54am

Chappers72

Tell you what, I love this album now, nothing negative from me, not EVER on a new release

Cos I can tell you one thing, getting even one album is better than nothing at all.

Yes, grateful....imagine if it stopped right now, then there would be moaning
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #415 posted 07/30/21 6:51am

homesquid

avatar

Ridiculous. Amazon is sold out on release day.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #416 posted 07/30/21 7:16am

Poplife88

avatar

Yes is kicking my butt. Totally rockin tune! cool cool

We're gonna need a bigger boat
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #417 posted 07/30/21 7:41am

antonb

HMV in sheffield centre , dont have it out on the selves as by mid day. I asked for it and staff said they dont have it. Before looking down at unrapped boxes and said actully we might have it! Just they havent bothered to unwrap it! Come back in the afternoon!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #418 posted 07/30/21 8:44am

SantanaMaitrey
a

Phase3 said:

I think the weakest track is "Rin tin tin"
Something doesn't gel well...like there is something missing
Not a horrible track by any means just the weakest on the album and yes I even like Hot summer better
One thing I love about Prince...if I can borrow a line from Forrest Gump."Life is a like a box of chocolates,you never know what your gonna get".Same thing with Prince,you never know what kind of album your gonna get,funk,pop,rock,jazz,a Jehovah witness album,a political album,a album of him chasing the charts sounding like current pop.He is truly one of a kind.
I am still enjoying the album.Suppose to get my official deluxe set tomorrow in the mail
For those who already have it,how great is the Blu-ray??

Funny. I really like that one, I wish he'd played it live!
If you take any of this seriously, you're a bigger tool than I am.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #419 posted 07/30/21 8:52am

antonb

Yes, how is the blue ray concert? anyone watched it?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 14 of 20 « First<101112131415161718>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > WELCOME 2 AMERICA: RELEASE DATE 07/30/21 -PT II