independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Schkopi report: 2021 3 phased releases - Crystal Ball, Welcome 2 America, Diamonds & Pearls Super Deluxe
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 9 of 14 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #240 posted 03/07/21 11:21am

lustmealways

avatar

everyone's daily reminder that the lack of CB98 tracks on SOTT SDE is a good thing because it would've come at the expense of actually interesting and new stuff. i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw people asking for the set to have "every dream factory config" like omg do you want everything we already have over and over

boom

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #241 posted 03/09/21 5:41am

olb99

avatar

And I'm just discovering this thread today, two weeks later, because I automatically tune out all those stickies... lol

.

I'm really happy that they chose to release stuff from the 90s/10s. It is long overdue.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #242 posted 03/09/21 7:04am

Purpleminister
1980

Unfortunately I don’t think it is happening. At least not as they say. For an April release they’d have had to had the announcement for CB several weeks ago.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #243 posted 03/09/21 8:18am

Romeoblu

The earliest we can expect a release now is Late May or June
Probably means one of the 3 will not happen.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #244 posted 03/09/21 8:41am

nayroo2002

avatar

Purpleminister1980 said:

Unfortunately I don’t think it is happening. At least not as they say. For an April release they’d have had to had the announcement for CB several weeks ago.

isn't it,

"...they would've had to have had..."?

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #245 posted 03/09/21 9:46am

RODSERLING

Purpleminister1980 said:

Unfortunately I don’t think it is happening. At least not as they say. For an April release they’d have had to had the announcement for CB several weeks ago.


Indeed, like I said, since, Piano and Mic83, the release date was always at least three months before official statement.
And before that, we always had leaks of preorder.

It is especially important for such a big release as CB ( surely a 5 vinyl release) when they have, to readjust their orders.
I also think one of the project will be skipped, surely Crystal Ball, that was originally due, to November of last year.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #246 posted 03/09/21 9:52am

Purpleminister
1980

nayroo2002 said:



Purpleminister1980 said:


Unfortunately I don’t think it is happening. At least not as they say. For an April release they’d have had to had the announcement for CB several weeks ago.

isn't it,


"...they would've had to have had..."?


Give me a break I was typing this when I was first waking up this morning!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #247 posted 03/09/21 9:53am

Purpleminister
1980

RODSERLING said:

Purpleminister1980 said:

Unfortunately I don’t think it is happening. At least not as they say. For an April release they’d have had to had the announcement for CB several weeks ago.


Indeed, like I said, since, Piano and Mic83, the release date was always at least three months before official statement.
And before that, we always had leaks of preorder.

It is especially important for such a big release as CB ( surely a 5 vinyl release) when they have, to readjust their orders.
I also think one of the project will be skipped, surely Crystal Ball, that was originally due, to November of last year.

So far 2021 sucks for any new releases!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #248 posted 03/09/21 10:19am

nayroo2002

avatar

Purpleminister1980 said:

nayroo2002 said:

isn't it,

"...they would've had to have had..."?

Give me a break I was typing this when I was first waking up this morning!

lol

no harm intended!

i still check my own grammar, too lol

"Whatever skin Ur in
we all need 2 b friends"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #249 posted 03/09/21 10:34am

lustmealways

avatar

i still have faith in crystal ball happening THIS WEEK and i think that if w2a doesn't happen this year i am never giving the prince estate a red cent ever again

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #250 posted 03/09/21 12:38pm

jfenster

Why cant CB piggyback the other releases?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #251 posted 03/09/21 1:14pm

jstar69

Maybe W2A or CB might be a limited RSD release??
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #252 posted 03/09/21 1:16pm

RODSERLING

lustmealways said:

i still have faith in crystal ball happening THIS WEEK and i think that if w2a doesn't happen this year i am never giving the prince estate a red cent ever again



Like I said, there was always preorders link days before any official announcement.
So, still nothing to come for this week.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #253 posted 03/10/21 2:48am

MIRvmn

avatar

RODSERLING said:

Purpleminister1980 said:

Unfortunately I don’t think it is happening. At least not as they say. For an April release they’d have had to had the announcement for CB several weeks ago.


Indeed, like I said, since, Piano and Mic83, the release date was always at least three months before official statement.
And before that, we always had leaks of preorder.

It is especially important for such a big release as CB ( surely a 5 vinyl release) when they have, to readjust their orders.
I also think one of the project will be skipped, surely Crystal Ball, that was originally due, to November of last year.

Yeah I'm not sure there will be any CB at this point. But it's ok, W2A and D&P SDE are more important.
We are living in Orwell's 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #254 posted 03/10/21 3:54am

RODSERLING

MIRvmn said:

RODSERLING said:



Indeed, like I said, since, Piano and Mic83, the release date was always at least three months before official statement.
And before that, we always had leaks of preorder.

It is especially important for such a big release as CB ( surely a 5 vinyl release) when they have, to readjust their orders.
I also think one of the project will be skipped, surely Crystal Ball, that was originally due, to November of last year.

Yeah I'm not sure there will be any CB at this point. But it's ok, W2A and D&P SDE are more important.


The ONA wave last year had disappointing sales.

I think Sony is trying to clear the rights for Kamasutra, to include it in the boxset.
Otherwise, they know they would be criticized.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #255 posted 03/11/21 6:29pm

jfenster

Anyone try emailing the writer of this article?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #256 posted 03/11/21 7:02pm

lustmealways

avatar

jfenster said:

Anyone try emailing the writer of this article?

he's on the schkopi forum saying "be patient" and that they're "awaiting news"

idk. were they wrong? is their UNBREAKABLE and 100 percent ROCK SOLID reputation in peril?

i hope not

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #257 posted 03/12/21 10:10am

RODSERLING

lustmealways said:



jfenster said:


Anyone try emailing the writer of this article?

he's on the schkopi forum saying "be patient" and that they're "awaiting news"

idk. were they wrong? is their UNBREAKABLE and 100 percent ROCK SOLID reputation in peril?

i hope not



It s not their fault.
But they should have been more realistic.
The estate is always changing their plans since Prince' death.
Remember they skipped 1999 deluxe for Piano and Mic, then skipped it again for Originals.
Then Originals 2 was cancelled, Parade deluxe was cancelled for D&P.

Now, since the reaction of the fans here, it is likely D&P SDE will be skipped for something else, and that Sony obviously gave up physical re releases, like I said months ago.

CB was scheduled for November, to be complementary of SOTT.
Covid or not, that's not what prevented other labels to release others albums or special editions.

If there was a legal problem with CB ( Kamasutra, tracks recorded under WB), then they could have released for months unreleased albums such as C-Note, Chocolate thing, Xpectation, etc.

Remember the best selling release was Versace Experience, because it was unreleased.
[Edited 3/12/21 10:11am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #258 posted 03/12/21 10:31am

Romeoblu

Latest rumour I read was Welcome 2 America to be released late April.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #259 posted 03/12/21 11:12am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

RODSERLING said:

Now, since the reaction of the fans here, it is likely D&P SDE will be skipped for something else

I doubt any company makes a decisions based on a half dozen people here saying they don't want it. There are also been people, like myself, who are very much looking forard to a D&P SDE.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #260 posted 03/12/21 12:06pm

dodger

RODSERLING said:

lustmealways said:



jfenster said:


Anyone try emailing the writer of this article?

he's on the schkopi forum saying "be patient" and that they're "awaiting news"

idk. were they wrong? is their UNBREAKABLE and 100 percent ROCK SOLID reputation in peril?

i hope not



It s not their fault.
But they should have been more realistic.
The estate is always changing their plans since Prince' death.
Remember they skipped 1999 deluxe for Piano and Mic, then skipped it again for Originals.
Then Originals 2 was cancelled, Parade deluxe was cancelled for D&P.

Now, since the reaction of the fans here, it is likely D&P SDE will be skipped for something else, and that Sony obviously gave up physical re releases, like I said months ago.

CB was scheduled for November, to be complementary of SOTT.
Covid or not, that's not what prevented other labels to release others albums or special editions.

If there was a legal problem with CB ( Kamasutra, tracks recorded under WB), then they could have released for months unreleased albums such as C-Note, Chocolate thing, Xpectation, etc.

Remember the best selling release was Versace Experience, because it was unreleased.
[Edited 3/12/21 10:11am]


I didn't know there ever was an 'Originals 2'
.
I personally hope D&P SDE happens
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #261 posted 03/12/21 12:21pm

love2thenines2
003

D&P SPDLXE is heavily waited for a fall release...it is not envisaged by The Estate/WBR TO NOT RELEASE IT !
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #262 posted 03/12/21 3:15pm

LoveGalore

love2thenines2003 said:

D&P SPDLXE is heavily waited for a fall release...it is not envisaged by The Estate/WBR TO NOT RELEASE IT !


What do you mean by it isn't envisaged? You mean they still want to release it? No shit. Obviously Rod is nuts. Fan response on the org doesn't dictate shit.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #263 posted 03/12/21 3:50pm

LILpoundCAKE

avatar

maybe they just flipped WELCOME 2 AMERICA and CRYSTAL BALL REISSUE?

so W2A come out first, maybe april 21st? although, that is very short notice now. maybe we get the announcement for it on april 21st and then they release it around his birthday in june?

D&P was always going to be later in the year anyway so no changes there.

If U're lookin 4 dirt look in Ur own back yard - Plant some Peace Flowers in Ur warzone so I can fire my bodyguards.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #264 posted 03/13/21 12:04am

lustmealways

avatar

guys i'm qutting my job at the rumor mill, it leads to broken hearts and disappointment

Romeoblu said:

Latest rumour I read was Welcome 2 America to be released late April.

except for this one i like this one, but no way it's true. announced late april maybe

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #265 posted 03/13/21 12:21am

RODSERLING

LoveGalore said:

love2thenines2003 said:

D&P SPDLXE is heavily waited for a fall release...it is not envisaged by The Estate/WBR TO NOT RELEASE IT !


What do you mean by it isn't envisaged? You mean they still want to release it? No shit. Obviously Rod is nuts. Fan response on the org doesn't dictate shit.


Nuts yourself you punk, I created a topic about Sony reissues being cancelled for this year in January, and for the moment it seems I was right.

People told I was crazy, it was just January...
Well, we are mid-march, and still nothing announced. But I m still nuts, obviously.
.
Concerning D&P, WB used to skip his SDE all the time, this is no fan fiction.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #266 posted 03/13/21 6:14am

muleFunk

avatar

When SOTT SDE was released in September I was talking with the owner of the local record store who is a huge Prince fan.

Everything that has been mentioned here he told me about that day but he said Kamasutra would be a record store day album.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #267 posted 03/13/21 9:52am

LoveGalore

RODSERLING said:

LoveGalore said:



What do you mean by it isn't envisaged? You mean they still want to release it? No shit. Obviously Rod is nuts. Fan response on the org doesn't dictate shit.


Nuts yourself you punk, I created a topic about Sony reissues being cancelled for this year in January, and for the moment it seems I was right.

People told I was crazy, it was just January...
Well, we are mid-march, and still nothing announced. But I m still nuts, obviously.
.
Concerning D&P, WB used to skip his SDE all the time, this is no fan fiction.


I love u
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #268 posted 03/13/21 10:52am

dodger

muleFunk said:

When SOTT SDE was released in September I was talking with the owner of the local record store who is a huge Prince fan.



Everything that has been mentioned here he told me about that day but he said Kamasutra would be a record store day album.



Now, this is a good bit of promising info
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #269 posted 03/13/21 1:27pm

mynameisnotsus
an

In what world would Kamasutra be a sensible record day release?? His ex-wifes shitty '90s sounding instrumental album? The Truth or The War would make way more sense.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 9 of 14 « First<5678910111213>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Schkopi report: 2021 3 phased releases - Crystal Ball, Welcome 2 America, Diamonds & Pearls Super Deluxe