independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 28th Jan 2020 6:48pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 1999, Reissues In Remastered 5 CD/DVD, 10 LP/DVD Boxes - Release: November 29 - [Links to Discuss Incl.]
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 15 of 15 « First<6789101112131415
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #420 posted 01/09/20 11:01am

williamb610

Listening to some of the vault tracks, it's interesting what you can pick up!!!

During "Bold Generation", it sounds to me like towards the end of the song like he's saying "New Power". I know, he's just saying bold but the way he says "bold" sounds like New Power to me. Maybe to Prince as well, which is why he changed the title.

I'm also pretty sure "Money Don't Grow On Trees" influenced "Money Don't Matter Tonight". From the title, to the drum intro on "Trees" possibly influencing "Tonight", I can see Prince going back and listening to his vault stuff, using it to influence updated or new music.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #421 posted 01/09/20 12:49pm

RJOrion

Money Dont Grow On Trees reminds me alot of Groovy Potential...they both have that retro Northern Soul feel... like some Chess/Cadet or Mercury label records from the late 60s early 70s
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #422 posted 01/10/20 9:59am

LoveGalore

williamb610 said:

Listening to some of the vault tracks, it's interesting what you can pick up!!!

During "Bold Generation", it sounds to me like towards the end of the song like he's saying "New Power". I know, he's just saying bold but the way he says "bold" sounds like New Power to me. Maybe to Prince as well, which is why he changed the title.

I'm also pretty sure "Money Don't Grow On Trees" influenced "Money Don't Matter Tonight". From the title, to the drum intro on "Trees" possibly influencing "Tonight", I can see Prince going back and listening to his vault stuff, using it to influence updated or new music.

Bear in mind that Prince conceived of "New Power" in 1987, as far as anyone knows. I am unaware of any references prior to the recording of the Lovesexy album, anyway. So it is entirely possible that it wasn't a direct relationship like that. As in, the concept of a/the Bold Generation may have stuck with him (and he did like the word "bold"), but perhaps he didn't think of it in terms of an actual song (or reworking, as it were) until much later.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #423 posted 01/17/20 9:08pm

cbosdad

Does anybody know how to get a Super Deluxe CD copy in Australia? I just moved from Taiwan to Airlie Beach last month and I held off buying it until I was settled. Now it seems out-of-stock everywhere but amazon UK and of course they won't ship it to Australia.

Nearest Sanity & JB Hi-Fis are 2 hours away, but from the looks of it online, it's not going to be in stock anyway. And I'm not interested in the 2 disc version.

I don't want to go with ebay sellers but I may have to go that route if I can't get it elsewhere. Anybody got any ideas?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #424 posted 01/17/20 9:38pm

Phase3

cbosdad said:

Does anybody know how to get a Super Deluxe CD copy in Australia? I just moved from Taiwan to Airlie Beach last month and I held off buying it until I was settled. Now it seems out-of-stock everywhere but amazon UK and of course they won't ship it to Australia.



Nearest Sanity & JB Hi-Fis are 2 hours away, but from the looks of it online, it's not going to be in stock anyway. And I'm not interested in the 2 disc version.



I don't want to go with ebay sellers but I may have to go that route if I can't get it elsewhere. Anybody got any ideas?



eBay might be your best option.Just check the sellers overall rating and if it is high then you should have no problems
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #425 posted 01/18/20 1:35pm

mmart2008

This was the first album I'd not bothered to go out and buy when first released, so I went to HMV today. I was just gonna buy the remastered album expecting the unreleased tracks to be on the other disc. I noticed that the extra disc was just all the extedended mixes etc that I already own on record from back in the day. I won't bother with this release as I'm not gonna pay 50 odd quid having spent more than that on some single vinyl releases years back. Will I miss not owning 20 odd ureleased tracks. no. back then all his best stuff usually spanned the albums and Bsides. I'll save my money for some new releases, there's plenty of good new stuff out there. Once again they've tried to fleece us.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #426 posted 01/18/20 2:25pm

Phase3

mmart2008 said:

This was the first album I'd not bothered to go out and buy when first released, so I went to HMV today. I was just gonna buy the remastered album expecting the unreleased tracks to be on the other disc. I noticed that the extra disc was just all the extedended mixes etc that I already own on record from back in the day. I won't bother with this release as I'm not gonna pay 50 odd quid having spent more than that on some single vinyl releases years back. Will I miss not owning 20 odd ureleased tracks. no. back then all his best stuff usually spanned the albums and Bsides. I'll save my money for some new releases, there's plenty of good new stuff out there. Once again they've tried to fleece us.



It's your loss buddy.Your missing out on 20 great unreleased tracks,one of Prince's best albums in remastered form,plus a concert DVD and a soundbard concert on cd.i ordered mine from Amazon and it was money well spent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #427 posted 01/18/20 6:07pm

Moonbeam

avatar

cbosdad said:

Does anybody know how to get a Super Deluxe CD copy in Australia? I just moved from Taiwan to Airlie Beach last month and I held off buying it until I was settled. Now it seems out-of-stock everywhere but amazon UK and of course they won't ship it to Australia.



Nearest Sanity & JB Hi-Fis are 2 hours away, but from the looks of it online, it's not going to be in stock anyway. And I'm not interested in the 2 disc version.



I don't want to go with ebay sellers but I may have to go that route if I can't get it elsewhere. Anybody got any ideas?



From an Australian perspective, this release has been completely botched. There were very few copies that eventually made their way to Australia through retail. In numerous conversations I have had with Warner Music Australia and their distributor MerchFan, there were no immediate plans to get any more in. They might get another shipment at some stage but couldn’t commit to it. I would have a look at Warner Music Australia and see if any copies appear there in the coming weeks. You could try to phone them, but they weren’t great with communication regarding my order of the vinyl and CD set, often giving me different stories until my shipment finally arrived 3 weeks late.

Good luck!
Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #428 posted 01/19/20 1:11am

deanm

cbosdad said:

Does anybody know how to get a Super Deluxe CD copy in Australia? I just moved from Taiwan to Airlie Beach last month and I held off buying it until I was settled. Now it seems out-of-stock everywhere but amazon UK and of course they won't ship it to Australia.

Nearest Sanity & JB Hi-Fis are 2 hours away, but from the looks of it online, it's not going to be in stock anyway. And I'm not interested in the 2 disc version.

I don't want to go with ebay sellers but I may have to go that route if I can't get it elsewhere. Anybody got any ideas?

I saw a copy at JB HiFi @ Shellharbour today for $135 . Call the store , I'm sure they could post it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #429 posted 01/21/20 5:38am

dandymoove

Hi ! Any news ou confimation about "The rainbow children" reissue next March, 20TH ? Thanks !

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 15 of 15 « First<6789101112131415
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > 1999, Reissues In Remastered 5 CD/DVD, 10 LP/DVD Boxes - Release: November 29 - [Links to Discuss Incl.]