independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 5th Dec 2019 3:11pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Thread retired
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/28/15 8:17pm

leadline

avatar

Thread retired

Looks like a new sticky was created for the same topic, so deleting this one.....

[Edited 12/3/15 13:30pm]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/29/15 5:14am

feeluupp

avatar

Databank gonna be hammer lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/29/15 8:41am

leadline

avatar

Free Urself was a great pick, but so far it seems Prince is only releasing things to Tidal that he plans to actually release in the near future. I hope we get some picks that have no intention of a wider release, ie. non re-recorded vault material.

Peace

[Edited 9/29/15 13:25pm]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/02/15 5:16am

leadline

avatar

I bet Free Urself was written during the time period that 3rd Rock From The Sun was airing, which would be 1996-2001 period. Prince tends to incorporate things that are happening in the the world, be it news or entertainment based, in his music at the time of recording.

3rd apartment from the sun - 3rd rock from the sun, correlation? Me thinks so.

Peace

[Edited 10/3/15 7:28am]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/02/15 10:20am

databank

avatar

feeluupp said:

Databank gonna be hammer lol

lol lol

As long as we have a sticky with clear info that's all I ever wanted smile

And actually Leadline's idea of editing the OP with updates is even better than my previous thread nod

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home

I apologize for every time I offended someone when debates got "heated". Love y'all yes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/04/15 10:07am

leadline

avatar

One more day till the new pick lands? Whatcha all think it will be?

Prince track?

Prince written/produced associated artist track?

Somethin Prince just likes at the moment that has nothing to do with him?

[Edited 10/4/15 10:07am]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/04/15 12:04pm

nosajd

avatar

Watch it be someone from his playlist

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/04/15 3:37pm

leadline

avatar

nosajd said:

Watch it be someone from his playlist

Hope you are wrong, a lot of folks free subscriptions to Tidal is up a few days after the pick lands, if it is not something juicy, there are going to get a lot of cancellations. I would not put it past Prince and Tidal to indeed drop something juicy this week in order to prevent cancellations (at least for the first month)

That being said, yeah, there surely is a chance we get something very generic. Prince knows exactly what is going on, he threw us a curve ball with the last one by posting some generic shot of an egyption woman on twitter regarding the pick of the week, only to release something minutes later that had nothing to do with that picture.

We will have our answer tomorrow biggrin

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/04/15 5:23pm

nosajd

avatar

I hope I'm wrong too

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/04/15 7:50pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

I saw a graphic for a Prince song called "Always" when I signed up for the free Tidal thing tonight, but couldn't find that song on Tidal. It had the HnR logo. Is this something new?

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/04/15 9:33pm

ThirdStrike

avatar

leadline said:

I bet Free Urself was written during the time period that 3rd Rock From The Sun was airing, which would be 1996-2001 period. Prince tends to incorporate things that are happening in the the world, be it news or entertainment based, in his music at the time of recording.

3rd apartment from the sun - 3rd rock from the sun, correlation? Me thinks so.

Peace

[Edited 10/3/15 7:28am]

...or basically simply a reference to our planet Earth in lyrics from a recently recorded Prince song. That saying has been around long before the TV shoe aired, and will be around long afterwards. No evidence other then a similiar reference to that of "3rd rock" (using "3rd apartment" instead) says otherwise...

Jusy my 2 cents.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/04/15 11:55pm

skipthecharade
s

RodeoSchro said:

I saw a graphic for a Prince song called "Always" when I signed up for the free Tidal thing tonight, but couldn't find that song on Tidal. It had the HnR logo. Is this something new?

It's not a track but a playlist he created with tracks from other artists.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/05/15 6:29am

RodeoSchro

avatar

skipthecharades said:

RodeoSchro said:

I saw a graphic for a Prince song called "Always" when I signed up for the free Tidal thing tonight, but couldn't find that song on Tidal. It had the HnR logo. Is this something new?

It's not a track but a playlist he created with tracks from other artists.


Ah, thank you!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/05/15 6:45am

mikeyaddict

avatar

What time do the new ones get posted up roughly. Off work today so keep looking but never seems to change. Surely it's office hours by now in Minnea by now?
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/05/15 7:03am

leadline

avatar

mikeyaddict said:

What time do the new ones get posted up roughly. Off work today so keep looking but never seems to change. Surely it's office hours by now in Minnea by now?


no set time it seems, hopefully at some point today it drops

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/05/15 7:39am

leadline

avatar

Do you guys recall mention of "the vault" in the purple pick of the week description on Tidal? Those words have since been removed if they were ever there.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/05/15 8:58am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

leadline said:

Do you guys recall mention of "the vault" in the purple pick of the week description on Tidal? Those words have since been removed if they were ever there.

The vault was definitely mentioned when the Purple Pick first appeard but disappeared soon after.

Wonder if he's just picking Free Urself again this week? They're getting later and later wach week.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/05/15 9:24am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

Somethings not right when there's no new purple pick to ignore or enjoy before the end of my working day. sad

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/05/15 9:26am

leadline

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

Somethings not right when there's no new purple pick to ignore or enjoy before the end of my working day. sad

Not listed for concert, no new purple pick, perhaps he has indeed has a falling out with Tidal. You just never know with Prince.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/05/15 11:04am

tatocorcu

So is that it? It's lasted for 4 weeks? Ok, so who won the sweepstake? (I said 5, unfortunately)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/05/15 11:23am

mikeyaddict

avatar

tatocorcu said:

So is that it? It's lasted for 4 weeks? Ok, so who won the sweepstake? (I said 5, unfortunately)


Prince won the sweepstake.
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/05/15 11:44am

IstenSzek

avatar

it's probably just a bit late. at the very least i was expecting a judith hill track

to promote the upcoming release of "back in time".

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/05/15 11:48am

leadline

avatar

So far it looks like the Purple Pick Of The Week is the playlist "always" - will wait till end of day to update thread.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/05/15 11:57am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

leadline said:

So far it looks like the Purple Pick Of The Week is the playlist "always" - will wait till end of day to update thread.

That can't be right becuase Free Urself is still shown as the purple pick.

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/05/15 12:01pm

leadline

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

leadline said:

So far it looks like the Purple Pick Of The Week is the playlist "always" - will wait till end of day to update thread.

That can't be right becuase Free Urself is still shown as the purple pick.

Unfortunately it says right over the always playlist "purple pick of the week" with a caption on mouseover that reads " this week features Prince's playlist "always""

A real bummer if this turns out to be it.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/05/15 12:01pm

asideorderofha
m

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

leadline said:

So far it looks like the Purple Pick Of The Week is the playlist "always" - will wait till end of day to update thread.

That can't be right becuase Free Urself is still shown as the purple pick.

Try refreshing - it shows as the Always playlist for me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/05/15 12:07pm

TheEnglishGent

avatar

asideorderofham said:

TheEnglishGent said:

That can't be right becuase Free Urself is still shown as the purple pick.

Try refreshing - it shows as the Always playlist for me.

I had just loaded the app prior to posting so it's still Fre Urself for me. So the purple pick is something which has already been there for 3 days. Good job P. sad

*edit* Ah, I see it now. But I still also have Free Urself as a purple pick too.

[Edited 10/5/15 12:09pm]

RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/05/15 12:33pm

IstenSzek

avatar

well it's not THAT disappointing that it's the playlist, is it?
i mean, 2 weeks ago we got an unrelated track as pick of

the week. so now we kind of got a whole playlist at once.

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/05/15 12:44pm

Romeoblu

IstenSzek said:

well it's not THAT disappointing that it's the playlist, is it?
i mean, 2 weeks ago we got an unrelated track as pick of


the week. so now we kind of got a whole playlist at once.




Yes it is. So far it's been a massive disappointment.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/05/15 12:58pm

MIRvmn

avatar

Romeoblu said:

IstenSzek said:

well it's not THAT disappointing that it's the playlist, is it?
i mean, 2 weeks ago we got an unrelated track as pick of


the week. so now we kind of got a whole playlist at once.




Yes it is. So far it's been a massive disappointment.

I agree
We are living in Orwell's 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Thread retired