independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 29th Jan 2020 1:06am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > News Comments > NPGMC waiting list comes through!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/17/02 12:57pm

MikeA7

NPGMC waiting list comes through!

Not sure if any other fans have been contacted or not,
BUT I was shut out from buying the Xenophobia pass the day they were announced sold out. The day before when they were still on sale I finally got the time off work approved so the next day I went to purchase my pass and they were sold out.

So I e-mailed NPGMC and explained the situation and they put me on a waiting list.

Well lo and behold, today after I had resigned myself to the fact I could not go, NPGMC e-mailed me and told me I was on their waiting list and a few extra passes had opened up, did I wish to still purchase them? Well I only wanted one and the sale went through, I now have a Pass!!! So the news is, if anyone was put on a waiting list by NPGMC you may get the chance at a pass yet. NPGMC gets a lot of criticism but I must say the way they handled my situation was first class and I must be the most excited guy in Michigan today, after I thought all hope was lost I have my pass and will be there Friday!!!
-MikeA

[I agree MikeA, they've been doing a good job IMO, to be fair and make the fans happy. I'm impressed! -Ben]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/18/02 12:09am

cloreenbaconsk
in

NPGMC came through for me too!!!
I couldn't believe it but it's true. My story is the same as Mikea7's.
This is not the first time they've came through for me though. In L.A. they got all the members into the House of Blues Aftershow before all the other people that bought tickets that were sold to the general public.

Lets hope they do a good job at Paisley this year!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/18/02 4:38am

SquirrelMeat

avatar

Has anyone heard of marketing?

You say "sold out" to drum up interest. If they had sold enough tickets to fill PP, then they wouldn't release day tickets.

If they had a choice, they would sell out every night with NPGMC members, but they are now offering day and non member tickets, because of lower sales of week passes.

We will soon see. when the concert plays at the theatre, lets see how big the NPGMC exclusive area is at the front on the stage.

Thats how many 7 day tickets it took to "Sell out".
.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/18/02 10:59am

emale319

avatar

the day passes don't let them do anything the weeklong passes will so i'm not sure why anyone would buy them EXCEPT to say they were in paisley park. and the night passes are only helpful if a nice chunk of the music club people don't show up. that's strictly a wait and see approach cause they may not even get in depending on the night. i'm really not caring as long as i can enjoy the music and the full benefits of my pass.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
when i'm alone in my room, i keep dreamin about u
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/18/02 12:15pm

wellbeyond

SquirrelMeat said:

Has anyone heard of marketing?

You say "sold out" to drum up interest. If they had sold enough tickets to fill PP, then they wouldn't release day tickets.

If they had a choice, they would sell out every night with NPGMC members, but they are now offering day and non member tickets, because of lower sales of week passes.

We will soon see. when the concert plays at the theatre, lets see how big the NPGMC exclusive area is at the front on the stage.

Thats how many 7 day tickets it took to "Sell out".

Not really buyin' that they only pretended to be sold out to drum up interest...I mean, if there was little interest to attend to begin with, finding out that there are no more tickets available won't really make anyone now desire to spend $250 on something they weren't wanting to attend anyway, not to mention all the costs of traveling and hotel and food...and at such a late date to boot...


...
[This message was edited Tue Jun 18 12:15:48 PDT 2002 by wellbeyond]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/18/02 5:00pm

keepinitreal

Can anyone tell me who U are e-mailing about the waiting list? I have been e-mailing them for several days and have had no response. I would greatly appreciate Ur help on this. I have driven cross country for the celebration and want to buy a Xenophobia weekly pass. I was driving cross country when they cut-off the purchases.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/18/02 6:55pm

abucah

wellbeyond said:

SquirrelMeat said:

Has anyone heard of marketing?

You say "sold out" to drum up interest. If they had sold enough tickets to fill PP, then they wouldn't release day tickets.

If they had a choice, they would sell out every night with NPGMC members, but they are now offering day and non member tickets, because of lower sales of week passes.

We will soon see. when the concert plays at the theatre, lets see how big the NPGMC exclusive area is at the front on the stage.

Thats how many 7 day tickets it took to "Sell out".

Not really buyin' that they only pretended to be sold out to drum up interest...I mean, if there was little interest to attend to begin with, finding out that there are no more tickets available won't really make anyone now desire to spend $250 on something they weren't wanting to attend anyway, not to mention all the costs of traveling and hotel and food...and at such a late date to boot...


...
[This message was edited Tue Jun 18 12:15:48 PDT 2002 by wellbeyond]


I have to agree with you, wellbeyond. If for no other reason than meeting safety standards, Paisley Park can only hold so many people. I think NPGMC simply reached their magic number and said, "Ok, that's it - we're sold out". Telling your buying public that you're sold out two weeks in advance of the event doesn't exactly increase your chances of selling more tickets - especially when no new ticket sales have been available before now. More than likely, what has happened is that some people for whatever reason have now cancelled their orders, and NPGMC is simply making those slots available to fans who have expressed an interest in attending.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"When U can't find the reason 4 the smoke, there's probably water in the fire" - Freaks on This Side (man... that's deep)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/19/02 3:15am

BackStagePass

that is beautiful they came thru 4 u...eye gave them 2 midnite monday...

and took myself off the list, and spent my remaining trip money...they bet' not emale me now! LOL!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/19/02 6:47am

donnyenglish

BackStagePass said:

that is beautiful they came thru 4 u...eye gave them 2 midnite monday...

and took myself off the list, and spent my remaining trip money...they bet' not emale me now! LOL!



They told me that I was still on the wait list. I'm pissed because I have non-refundable travel accomodations, so I hope they come through.

Donny
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/19/02 8:36am

keepinitreal

donnyenglish said:

BackStagePass said:

that is beautiful they came thru 4 u...eye gave them 2 midnite monday...

and took myself off the list, and spent my remaining trip money...they bet' not emale me now! LOL!



They told me that I was still on the wait list. I'm pissed because I have non-refundable travel accomodations, so I hope they come through.

Donny


I understand Ur pain more than U know. I drove cross country for the event and I have been e-mailing NPGMC for days. I also have contacted people directly that work for NPGMC and no one says they know who is handling the Xenophobia passes.

I thought they would have alotted at least enough passes for US based members. I know it is my fault for waiting but I was going through financial hardships at the time.

I pray that I can purchase a pass or days from other people. IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE WITH AN XENOPHOBIA PASS OR DAYS THEY WANT TO SELL -- PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL AT thestreet@earthlink.net. I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP I CAN GET.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/19/02 10:39am

Bast

avatar

I sent an emale 2 Paisley Park with an idea. Maybe they could have mini celebrations several times a year. Like thursday,friday and saturday. What ya'll think???
Sounds like another sold out event.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/19/02 10:56am

donnyenglish

How many people were contacted from the waiting list??? I cannot imagine that many people are willing to buy a pass at this late stage in the game, so I hope that NPGMC releases tickets to all members who want to come. They may be concerned with scalping, but I think scalping will be hard at this late stage.

Donny
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/20/02 1:28am

BackStagePass

there ain't nothing 4 them 2 release donny, the scalpers r waiting 4 U 2 arrive buy with caution...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > News Comments > NPGMC waiting list comes through!