independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 28th Jan 2020 6:49pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Will Prince's legacy remain in tact without associated artists touring?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/03/20 9:40am

PURPLEIZED3121

Will Prince's legacy remain in tact without associated artists touring?

So, here's a thing! The list of associated artists touring on the 'keeping the legacy alive' ticket seems to be getting bigger. The message of course being that they are doing the work so to speak & spreading the word like the good charitable souls they are! Putting my natural cynicism aside I sincerely doubt that they are doing anything major to keep his legacy alive - whatever that actually means btw! The only thing I can see being kept alive are their own careers! - heck it's mostly hardcore purple that attend their gigs anyway!

IMHO Prince's global talent & reputation across a myriad of people is set in stone. He will always be respected, always be loved & given the content of the vault needs zero help in keeping the legacy alive.

..& to the Associated artists - just be honest!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/03/20 10:32am

motherfunka

avatar

Yes, his legacy will remain intact without them.

TRUE BLUE
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/03/20 10:37am

Genesia

avatar

No. Prince's legacy will be in tatters without the associated artists. After all, they are the REAL reason for his success.






There. Bat that one around for awhile. rolleyes

[Edited 1/3/20 10:37am]

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/03/20 12:23pm

motherfunka

avatar

Genesia said:

No. Prince's legacy will be in tatters without the associated artists. After all, they are the REAL reason for his success.






There. Bat that one around for awhile. rolleyes

[Edited 1/3/20 10:37am]

lol

TRUE BLUE
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/03/20 8:01pm

woogiebear

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

So, here's a thing! The list of associated artists touring on the 'keeping the legacy alive' ticket seems to be getting bigger. The message of course being that they are doing the work so to speak & spreading the word like the good charitable souls they are! Putting my natural cynicism aside I sincerely doubt that they are doing anything major to keep his legacy alive - whatever that actually means btw! The only thing I can see being kept alive are their own careers! - heck it's mostly hardcore purple that attend their gigs anyway!

IMHO Prince's global talent & reputation across a myriad of people is set in stone. He will always be respected, always be loved & given the content of the vault needs zero help in keeping the legacy alive.

..& to the Associated artists - just be honest!

Morris Day & The Time- STILL Touring

Sheila E.- STILL Touring

Jesse Johnson- STILL doing Shows

Andre Cymone- STILL doing Shows

The Revolution- STILL doing Shows

NPG- SILL doing Shows

I think it's safe 2 say that They are ALL doing Their absolute best 2 keep Prince's Legacy alive!!!

cool

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/04/20 3:10pm

Morgaine

woogiebear said:



PURPLEIZED3121 said:


So, here's a thing! The list of associated artists touring on the 'keeping the legacy alive' ticket seems to be getting bigger. The message of course being that they are doing the work so to speak & spreading the word like the good charitable souls they are! Putting my natural cynicism aside I sincerely doubt that they are doing anything major to keep his legacy alive - whatever that actually means btw! The only thing I can see being kept alive are their own careers! - heck it's mostly hardcore purple that attend their gigs anyway!



IMHO Prince's global talent & reputation across a myriad of people is set in stone. He will always be respected, always be loved & given the content of the vault needs zero help in keeping the legacy alive.



..& to the Associated artists - just be honest!





Morris Day & The Time- STILL Touring


Sheila E.- STILL Touring


Jesse Johnson- STILL doing Shows


Andre Cymone- STILL doing Shows


The Revolution- STILL doing Shows


NPG- SILL doing Shows



I think it's safe 2 say that They are ALL doing Their absolute best 2 keep Prince's Legacy alive!!!


cool




I agree.

Are they supposed to stop playing music because Prince died? Most were musicians before they met him.
And people are still paying to see them so as long as that's happening, they'll keep playing.
The kind of love that takes over your body, mind, & soul
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/04/20 7:05pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

woogiebear said:

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

So, here's a thing! The list of associated artists touring on the 'keeping the legacy alive' ticket seems to be getting bigger. The message of course being that they are doing the work so to speak & spreading the word like the good charitable souls they are! Putting my natural cynicism aside I sincerely doubt that they are doing anything major to keep his legacy alive - whatever that actually means btw! The only thing I can see being kept alive are their own careers! - heck it's mostly hardcore purple that attend their gigs anyway!

IMHO Prince's global talent & reputation across a myriad of people is set in stone. He will always be respected, always be loved & given the content of the vault needs zero help in keeping the legacy alive.

..& to the Associated artists - just be honest!

Morris Day & The Time- STILL Touring

Sheila E.- STILL Touring

Jesse Johnson- STILL doing Shows

Andre Cymone- STILL doing Shows

The Revolution- STILL doing Shows

NPG- SILL doing Shows

I think it's safe 2 say that They are ALL doing Their absolute best 2 keep Prince's Legacy alive!!!

cool

Yes, they keep the spirit of the music and the man alive.

I will always prefer them to other non associated musicians. It's a difference.

But the legacy being intact is a combination of them, the fans and what the estate does with the music/videos/concerts etc

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/04/20 9:35pm

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

I dont understand why the associates get dogged to kingdom come and back.

Someone has to keep his music alive.

If they are profiting, I dont care, keep his music out there for the youngins to discover.


blunt

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/05/20 3:40pm

upinclouds

What are they doing while on tour to keep his legacy alive?
What are they doing on social media platforms to keep his legacy alive?

I have seen 2 associates promote his autobiography. 2!!!!

They are about themselves thus far, do better peeps! He helped you to be known.

Stating “he valued his privacy” isn’t it anymore.
[Edited 1/5/20 15:41pm]
cloud9
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/07/20 12:27am

woogiebear

upinclouds said:

What are they doing while on tour to keep his legacy alive? What are they doing on social media platforms to keep his legacy alive? I have seen 2 associates promote his autobiography. 2!!!! They are about themselves thus far, do better peeps! He helped you to be known. Stating “he valued his privacy” isn’t it anymore. [Edited 1/5/20 15:41pm]

ME personally: I've seen Morris Day & The Time, Sheila E., Jesse Johnson and The Revolution LIVE. And They ALL do Their part 2 keep the legacy of the Man (Prince Rogers Nelson) and His Music ALIVE! While some may not agree w/Jesse Johnson UNFILTERED (The good, bad & ugly stories), that sh*t REALLY HAPPENED & Prince wasn't as perfect as People wanted Him 2 B (Hell-NONE OF US ARE!).

cool

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/08/20 10:43am

Deadflow3r

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

I dont understand why the associates get dogged to kingdom come and back.

Someone has to keep his music alive.

If they are profiting, I dont care, keep his music out there for the youngins to discover.


blunt

Like you I don't care if they profit. I doubt that any of them have racked in the big bucks since he died. I also am not mad if they write about him. Right after he died the big magazines and papers DID rack up big bucks in tribute magazines and got basic things wrong.

Back to the music, these people were there when Prince originally recorded the music. They have stories to tell, memories to share. I don't believe that many of them could be considered in the top 1percent.

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/09/20 1:20am

phunkdaddy

avatar

Ya damn Skippy. If Will and Jada's marriage is still intact without associated artists touring

you best believe Prince's legacy will remain intact. wink

Don't laugh at my funk
This funk is a serious joint
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/10/20 8:36am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

upinclouds said:

What are they doing while on tour to keep his legacy alive? What are they doing on social media platforms to keep his legacy alive? I have seen 2 associates promote his autobiography. 2!!!! They are about themselves thus far, do better peeps! He helped you to be known. Stating “he valued his privacy” isn’t it anymore. [Edited 1/5/20 15:41pm]

They are talking about the times, promoting the singles albums, remembering shows, videos etc

your not paying attention. For example the Revolution as a group and individually post about the estate album releases, and songs, memories, images and talking about the time of it.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/10/20 10:53am

ladygirl99

upinclouds said:

What are they doing while on tour to keep his legacy alive? What are they doing on social media platforms to keep his legacy alive? I have seen 2 associates promote his autobiography. 2!!!! They are about themselves thus far, do better peeps! He helped you to be known. Stating “he valued his privacy” isn’t it anymore. [Edited 1/5/20 15:41pm]

I know Lisa and Wendy stated they lost scoring gigs because they had to tour and also I heard it affected Lisa's personal life so at least they sacrifice for keeping Prince legacy alive. And also some of their tours they lost money so that tells you right there they have love for the man even if it was complicated.

Yeah I notice not too many of them promote his book but the estate should be the one doing it along with the author of the book. I don't blame the associates are now not promoting Prince as much on their social media page that doesn't mean they don't care about Prince it just they got their own lives and projects outside of Prince. Unlike some stans, their lives doesn't evolve around Prince. lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/10/20 7:14pm

LovePaisley

woogiebear said:



upinclouds said:


What are they doing while on tour to keep his legacy alive? What are they doing on social media platforms to keep his legacy alive? I have seen 2 associates promote his autobiography. 2!!!! They are about themselves thus far, do better peeps! He helped you to be known. Stating “he valued his privacy” isn’t it anymore. [Edited 1/5/20 15:41pm]

ME personally: I've seen Morris Day & The Time, Sheila E., Jesse Johnson and The Revolution LIVE. And They ALL do Their part 2 keep the legacy of the Man (Prince Rogers Nelson) and His Music ALIVE! While some may not agree w/Jesse Johnson UNFILTERED (The good, bad & ugly stories), that sh*t REALLY HAPPENED & Prince wasn't as perfect as People wanted Him 2 B (Hell-NONE OF US ARE!).


cool



yeahthat

In fact, exactly that. And let's throw in some 3rd eye girl, too. Let's face it: we're *lucky*. In the face of unimaginable tragedy, we have this. Who else ever has?? I mean really, real question. Bands carry on, yes, but multiple bands, a world of music? Not so much. Personally, I count my blessings.
And the MUSIC continues...forever...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/11/20 2:55pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

ladygirl99 said:

upinclouds said:

What are they doing while on tour to keep his legacy alive? What are they doing on social media platforms to keep his legacy alive? I have seen 2 associates promote his autobiography. 2!!!! They are about themselves thus far, do better peeps! He helped you to be known. Stating “he valued his privacy” isn’t it anymore. [Edited 1/5/20 15:41pm]

I know Lisa and Wendy stated they lost scoring gigs because they had to tour and also I heard it affected Lisa's personal life so at least they sacrifice for keeping Prince legacy alive. And also some of their tours they lost money so that tells you right there they have love for the man even if it was complicated.

Yeah I notice not too many of them promote his book but the estate should be the one doing it along with the author of the book. I don't blame the associates are now not promoting Prince as much on their social media page that doesn't mean they don't care about Prince it just they got their own lives and projects outside of Prince. Unlike some stans, their lives doesn't evolve around Prince. lol

Bobby Z has been keeping it going, so has Brown Mark and Matt Fink, So has St Paul, Susannah, the Family, I just heard a wonderful podcast show with Lisa & Wendy on Around the World in a Day WONDERFUL

I wish Morris Day and Sheila E/Eddie M would go more in depth with the background of stuff, recordings and shows

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/13/20 1:25am

JoeyC

avatar

Deadflow3r said:

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

I dont understand why the associates get dogged to kingdom come and back.

Someone has to keep his music alive.

If they are profiting, I dont care, keep his music out there for the youngins to discover.


blunt

Like you I don't care if they profit. I doubt that any of them have racked in the big bucks since he died. I also am not mad if they write about him. Right after he died the big magazines and papers DID rack up big bucks in tribute magazines and got basic things wrong.

Back to the music, these people were there when Prince originally recorded the music. They have stories to tell, memories to share. I don't believe that many of them could be considered in the top 1percent.

Exactly(on both points)!

Rest in Peace Bettie Boo. See u soon.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/14/20 10:42am

Deadflow3r

avatar

JoeyC said:

Deadflow3r said:

Like you I don't care if they profit. I doubt that any of them have racked in the big bucks since he died. I also am not mad if they write about him. Right after he died the big magazines and papers DID rack up big bucks in tribute magazines and got basic things wrong.

Back to the music, these people were there when Prince originally recorded the music. They have stories to tell, memories to share. I don't believe that many of them could be considered in the top 1percent.

Exactly(on both points)!

I have often hoped that some of the true fanatics like you and squirrelgrease, just to name 2, would write a book. Why are people so much more comfortable with a freelance writer, who can name 4 songs of Prince's max, profitting off of writing about him then someone that lived around the man and put up with his loveable/hateable personality writing about him?

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/15/20 3:42pm

TheTruth123

Remember after 4/21/16 when it was mostly just our purple family? Ah. That was so nice. But we yearned fir others to know P.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/17/20 12:14pm

PeggyO

Deadflow3r said:

JoeyC said:

Exactly(on both points)!

I have often hoped that some of the true fanatics like you and squirrelgrease, just to name 2, would write a book. Why are people so much more comfortable with a freelance writer, who can name 4 songs of Prince's max, profitting off of writing about him then someone that lived around the man and put up with his loveable/hateable personality writing about him?

I agree. (Loveable/hateable)

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/25/20 1:00pm

esmerose

...
[Edited 1/25/20 17:12pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Will Prince's legacy remain in tact without associated artists touring?