independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 9th Dec 2019 5:58pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Michael Howe's Non Disclosure Agreement?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/01/19 10:10am

macaylasdad

Michael Howe's Non Disclosure Agreement?

I am just curious of why Micheal Howe has an NDA about music (for the most part) I am know that's what the estate wants. But realistically, there isn't government secrets or inside trade tips, it just recorded music. He has the key to the most mystical secret of all music and he can't say anything.smh

You would think of the buzz it would create if he could share what is in there. So why do you think theirs an NDA? Be nice.

[Edited 12/1/19 17:57pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/06/19 9:35am

Mumio

avatar

Because clearly the estate doesn't want him nor anyone else talking about any of the vault contents. Just like the court wanted Lawnie to sign an NDA in order to be privy to private information discussed by interested parties involving the probate of Prince's estate. Generally, if someone wants an NDA, it's not a negotiable thing, you either sign and abide by it or you are out of the picture.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/06/19 4:03pm

macaylasdad

Mumio said:

Because clearly the estate doesn't want him nor anyone else talking about any of the vault contents. Just like the court wanted Lawnie to sign an NDA in order to be privy to private information discussed by interested parties involving the probate of Prince's estate. Generally, if someone wants an NDA, it's not a negotiable thing, you either sign and abide by it or you are out of the picture.

I get the legal aspects of NDAs, but we are talking songs, nothing else. if anything it helps generate an excitement of what's in there and what could be released....

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/06/19 4:23pm

Mumio

avatar

macaylasdad said:

Mumio said:

Because clearly the estate doesn't want him nor anyone else talking about any of the vault contents. Just like the court wanted Lawnie to sign an NDA in order to be privy to private information discussed by interested parties involving the probate of Prince's estate. Generally, if someone wants an NDA, it's not a negotiable thing, you either sign and abide by it or you are out of the picture.

I get the legal aspects of NDAs, but we are talking songs, nothing else. if anything it helps generate an excitement of what's in there and what could be released....

We don't know that, we don't know everything that was in there.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/06/19 10:00pm

upinclouds

I don’t understand those CONtracts period.
If you don’t want anything out to the public, simply don’t say or do anything.
Would love to know what’s all hidden in that vault *lol*
cloud9
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/06/19 10:52pm

Mumio

avatar

upinclouds said:

I don’t understand those CONtracts period. If you don’t want anything out to the public, simply don’t say or do anything. Would love to know what’s all hidden in that vault *lol*

If the subject is important enough, people really can't be trusted to keep their mouths shut unless they are forced to keep them shut. Enter an NDA, I'm not a lawyer but believe there is legal recourse if the terms are violated. Consequences usually work lol

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/07/19 8:51am

macaylasdad

Mumio said:

upinclouds said:

I don’t understand those CONtracts period. If you don’t want anything out to the public, simply don’t say or do anything. Would love to know what’s all hidden in that vault *lol*

If the subject is important enough, people really can't be trusted to keep their mouths shut unless they are forced to keep them shut. Enter an NDA, I'm not a lawyer but believe there is legal recourse if the terms are violated. Consequences usually work lol

again...i understand what the purpose if an NDA is... but i question it's use for it in this situation. These are just songs....songs. That have been recorded, what could be the possible harm/legal remification if MH said there is a song in the vault called "A,B,C,D,E,F,G"??? It's there, we now know it's there and there is a possibilty that it might/might not be released.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/07/19 5:33pm

Mumio

avatar

macaylasdad said:

again...i understand what the purpose if an NDA is... but i question it's use for it in this situation. These are just songs....songs. That have been recorded, what could be the possible harm/legal remification if MH said there is a song in the vault called "A,B,C,D,E,F,G"??? It's there, we now know it's there and there is a possibilty that it might/might not be released.

Okay....and AGAIN.....we DON'T know what is in there, you don't know if it's just music or other stuff too. It's completely appropriate for him to have to sign an NDA.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/07/19 8:26pm

macaylasdad

Mumio said:

macaylasdad said:

again...i understand what the purpose if an NDA is... but i question it's use for it in this situation. These are just songs....songs. That have been recorded, what could be the possible harm/legal remification if MH said there is a song in the vault called "A,B,C,D,E,F,G"??? It's there, we now know it's there and there is a possibilty that it might/might not be released.

Okay....and AGAIN.....we DON'T know what is in there, you don't know if it's just music or other stuff too. It's completely appropriate for him to have to sign an NDA.

whatever....

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Michael Howe's Non Disclosure Agreement?