independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 9th Dec 2019 7:25pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Wally Safford has a book out now
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 11/26/19 7:54pm

violetcrush

PeggyO said:

Sorry, if this is off-topic, but as a woman I have sometimes wondered if most/many men look up to or respect men who date/have sex with multiple women?


I don't think it is a 'thing' for women to date multiple men?


I think you are on point. I think men tend to view the “getting lots of women” as a measure of success, whereas, women don’t usually have that viewpoint with other women - in fact, it may be the opposite - with women looking down on other women who sleep around.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 11/26/19 7:55pm

PeggyO

Mumio said:

PeggyO said:

Sorry, if this is off-topic, but as a woman I have sometimes wondered if most/many men look up to or respect men who date/have sex with multiple women?

I don't think it is a 'thing' for women to date multiple men?

Actually, this is the way dating went back in the 70's into the 80's, for women and men. No one was looking for a life-time hookup on a first date like people do now. Everybody knew what was what so there was no confusion. Since Prince was a teen in the 70's, I'm pretty sure he did the same as we all did, and that seemed to stay with him throughout his life....or at least it appeared that way.

I hear the term Playa, Pimp and it seems to be said with admiration.

I'm more interested in what men think about guys who have multiple women in their 40-50's?

Is that admired by most men?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 11/26/19 7:58pm

PeggyO

onlyforaminute said:

PeggyO said:

Sorry, if this is off-topic, but as a woman I have sometimes wondered if most/many men look up to or respect men who date/have sex with multiple women?

I don't think it is a 'thing' for women to date multiple men?

Yes, its a badge of masculine virility to many even if they'd never admit it. Prince talked about all the girls his dad (who he greatly admired) had around him in interviews. It's an unspoken thing that goes way back. It's a thing for women having a bunch of men chasing after them while the woman constantly rejecting them, that's feminine desirability. You just woke up to the game? Never noticed these "special" magazine covers? [Edited 11/26/19 19:50pm]

I was asking the guys on this thread as it would seem to me that one would 'grow out of it'

It seems a bit adolescent to me after a certain age, that's all. (I'm a woman though)

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 11/26/19 8:07pm

onlyforaminute

PeggyO said:



onlyforaminute said:


PeggyO said:

Sorry, if this is off-topic, but as a woman I have sometimes wondered if most/many men look up to or respect men who date/have sex with multiple women?


I don't think it is a 'thing' for women to date multiple men?



Yes, its a badge of masculine virility to many even if they'd never admit it. Prince talked about all the girls his dad (who he greatly admired) had around him in interviews. It's an unspoken thing that goes way back. It's a thing for women having a bunch of men chasing after them while the woman constantly rejecting them, that's feminine desirability. You just woke up to the game? Never noticed these "special" magazine covers? [Edited 11/26/19 19:50pm]


I was asking the guys on this thread as it would seem to me that one would 'grow out of it'


It seems a bit adolescent to me after a certain age, that's all. (I'm a woman though)


Good luck
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 11/27/19 7:31am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

PeggyO said:

onlyforaminute said:

PeggyO said: Yes, its a badge of masculine virility to many even if they'd never admit it. Prince talked about all the girls his dad (who he greatly admired) had around him in interviews. It's an unspoken thing that goes way back. It's a thing for women having a bunch of men chasing after them while the woman constantly rejecting them, that's feminine desirability. You just woke up to the game? Never noticed these "special" magazine covers? [Edited 11/26/19 19:50pm]

I was asking the guys on this thread as it would seem to me that one would 'grow out of it'

It seems a bit adolescent to me after a certain age, that's all. (I'm a woman though)

I think most people men and women are very juvenile when it comes to dating/sex/relationships still.
The thing most of us want to do, but in the dark. We cannot even say 'have sex etc' we still say 'go to bed'

.

I think it is immature after a certain age. But it also depends. If people like sex and courting multiple relationships, as long as no one is being mislead, I have no problem with that.
.
And I do know of women that have a few men for different needs. Sometimes it is people who are older that find these relationship more convienent for them. They don't want to get married, but they also don't want hardcore committment like in their 20s.

.

People who are jet setters. For whatever reason spending time in multiple locations over the year. I can see how that is a workable situation.

.
But being a 'player' is just juvenile to me. Game players. These are the people that end up in court.

But like onlyforaminute said, it is probably a very 'natural' things of desirability for men and for women. If we are not much different from animals, but we just have technology, then it sorta makes sense.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 11/27/19 7:48am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Mumio said:

PeggyO said:

Sorry, if this is off-topic, but as a woman I have sometimes wondered if most/many men look up to or respect men who date/have sex with multiple women?

I don't think it is a 'thing' for women to date multiple men?

Actually, this is the way dating went back in the 70's into the 80's, for women and men. No one was looking for a life-time hookup on a first date like people do now. Everybody knew what was what so there was no confusion. Since Prince was a teen in the 70's, I'm pretty sure he did the same as we all did, and that seemed to stay with him throughout his life....or at least it appeared that way.

And Prince was very much a 'bohemian' and like the Hippie culture. Uphoria Highway

Chapter 1 HOME

p 10-11

Prince's friend and surrogate brother, Andre Anderson, was also musically inclined, and the 2 began to jam together regularly in his mother's basement.

Upstairs, Prince shared a bedroom with Anderson. Despite being good friends, they were poor roommates; Anderson's side of the room was cluttered and disorganized, while Prince's was as meticulously ordered as a Marine barrack. Although he no longer lived with his father, Nelson's disciplined approach to life remained a significant influence on Prince, who sought greater order and privacy by moving into the basement...

Downstairs, he had much easier access to his instruments; already, Prince had started blending the distinction between home and musical workplace. Moreover, the basement became something of a private universe - a small slice of the world where he was in total control. A dark space with little natural light, it was nonetheless where he felt most comfortable, and it provided a prototype for the cloistered recording studios where he would spend the majority of his waking hours over the next thirty-plus years.

...

The Anderson basement - Prince's bedroom and rehearsal space - also represented his first attempt to create an alternative community based around music and, perhaps, sex. Years later in interviews, Prince would recall it as a hedonistic wonderland where he and Anderson engaged in carnal acts with a variety of girlfriends.

...

"My impression is that there were a lot of girls in that basement," said Howard Bloom, Prince's press agent during the 1980s. "He had grown up in the 1960's and the message was make love, not war. In the basement, he was going for liberation and entitlement to any sort of sexuality, pleasure, and enjoyment."

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 11/27/19 8:10am

Mumio

avatar

OF4S, people don't know what they missed growing up in those days. I wouldn't trade any of that for anything, it was a great time to be young and open to most anything. I'm not gonna even go into the music we had then, so much talent seen and heard. There's been nothing like it since imo and I don't think we're gonna ever see that again except on a very small scale love

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 11/27/19 9:16am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Mumio said:

OF4S, people don't know what they missed growing up in those days. I wouldn't trade any of that for anything, it was a great time to be young and open to most anything. I'm not gonna even go into the music we had then, so much talent seen and heard. There's been nothing like it since imo and I don't think we're gonna ever see that again except on a very small scale love

I was awake enough to have experienced it, even if 2nd hand lol my parents and their parties lol

My mom kept a disco ball up in the house until the mid 1990s lol and her love beads lol

60s 70s 80s never anything like it again.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 11/27/19 12:24pm

PeggyO

OldFriends4Sale said:

Mumio said:

OF4S, people don't know what they missed growing up in those days. I wouldn't trade any of that for anything, it was a great time to be young and open to most anything. I'm not gonna even go into the music we had then, so much talent seen and heard. There's been nothing like it since imo and I don't think we're gonna ever see that again except on a very small scale love

I was awake enough to have experienced it, even if 2nd hand lol my parents and their parties lol

My mom kept a disco ball up in the house until the mid 1990s lol and her love beads lol

60s 70s 80s never anything like it again.

Thanks, guys, for responding. I guess the pimp/playa life would best suited to a single guy with no kids.

Kids can really take away your "game".

Love the Disco Ball!

Unless you just want to be a baby daddy (S)

[Edited 11/27/19 12:26pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 11/27/19 5:37pm

violetcrush

OldFriends4Sale said:



Mumio said:


OF4S, people don't know what they missed growing up in those days. I wouldn't trade any of that for anything, it was a great time to be young and open to most anything. I'm not gonna even go into the music we had then, so much talent seen and heard. There's been nothing like it since imo and I don't think we're gonna ever see that again except on a very small scale love




I was awake enough to have experienced it, even if 2nd hand lol my parents and their parties lol


My mom kept a disco ball up in the house until the mid 1990s lol and her love beads lol



60s 70s 80s never anything like it again.


One of my 6th grade Gym units was learning The Hustle!! biggrin I was only a “tween” in the late 70’s, but still engrossed with all of it - Saturday Night Fever, roller skating, Disco...I hadn’t found Prince yet though. I used to try to catch American Bandstand every Saturday morning, but I must have missed Prince’s show, because I would have been ALL over his album for sure biggrin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 11/28/19 1:43pm

FunkiestOne

avatar

PeggyO said:

onlyforaminute said:

PeggyO said: Yes, its a badge of masculine virility to many even if they'd never admit it. Prince talked about all the girls his dad (who he greatly admired) had around him in interviews. It's an unspoken thing that goes way back. It's a thing for women having a bunch of men chasing after them while the woman constantly rejecting them, that's feminine desirability. You just woke up to the game? Never noticed these "special" magazine covers? [Edited 11/26/19 19:50pm]

I was asking the guys on this thread as it would seem to me that one would 'grow out of it'

It seems a bit adolescent to me after a certain age, that's all. (I'm a woman though)

.

It doesn't get boring to have sex with new attractive women until your libido drops significantly. Men are dogs, but obviously made that way by evolution.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 11/29/19 12:04pm

violetcrush

Okay, regarding the use of the “pimp” label - I just watched the December 15th ONA Live Show in Vegas. Prince recruits Maceo Parker to bring up some women to dance onstage. While Maceo is choosing the women Prince jokingly says, “come on you old pimp!!”.
*
So there’s some confirmation that it was not a derogatory term for that generation.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 11/30/19 6:51am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

violetcrush said:

Okay, regarding the use of the “pimp” label - I just watched the December 15th ONA Live Show in Vegas. Prince recruits Maceo Parker to bring up some women to dance onstage. While Maceo is choosing the women Prince jokingly says, “come on you old pimp!!”. * So there’s some confirmation that it was not a derogatory term for that generation.

there is a generation that says the N word is not derogatory as well...

PimP is still Pimp, people (even Prince) in a moment forget what 'Pimp' is...

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 11/30/19 6:54am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

PeggyO said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I was awake enough to have experienced it, even if 2nd hand lol my parents and their parties lol

My mom kept a disco ball up in the house until the mid 1990s lol and her love beads lol

60s 70s 80s never anything like it again.

Thanks, guys, for responding. I guess the pimp/playa life would best suited to a single guy with no kids.

Kids can really take away your "game".

Love the Disco Ball!

Unless you just want to be a baby daddy (S)

[Edited 11/27/19 12:26pm]

there are a lot of single guys with no kids who want nothing to do with a pimp/playa lifestyle. It's basically using women. It is one thing for adults to have honest relationships(multiple) that is not being a player or pimp.

And I know too many married me, trying to hold onto being a playa.

and sadly too many women will to play the part of the 'hoe'

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 11/30/19 6:26pm

violetcrush

OldFriends4Sale said:



violetcrush said:


Okay, regarding the use of the “pimp” label - I just watched the December 15th ONA Live Show in Vegas. Prince recruits Maceo Parker to bring up some women to dance onstage. While Maceo is choosing the women Prince jokingly says, “come on you old pimp!!”. * So there’s some confirmation that it was not a derogatory term for that generation.


there is a generation that says the N word is not derogatory as well...

PimP is still Pimp, people (even Prince) in a moment forget what 'Pimp' is...


But again, it seems that Prince and the guys of his generation used it in a fun and/or positive way - in that it meant a guy who could get many women.
*
Prince also jokingly used the N word a lot up until his JW period.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 11/30/19 7:05pm

benni

avatar

violetcrush said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

there is a generation that says the N word is not derogatory as well...

PimP is still Pimp, people (even Prince) in a moment forget what 'Pimp' is...

But again, it seems that Prince and the guys of his generation used it in a fun and/or positive way - in that it meant a guy who could get many women. * Prince also jokingly used the N word a lot up until his JW period.



Here is an article on the history of the word "pimp": https://slate.com/human-i...-pimp.html


But the word has seen a renaissance of sorts, with a strong increase in use in recent years. Media attention to (and glamorization of) the stereotype of the inner-city pimp brought such terms as pimpmobile and pimp walk—an ostentatious swagger affected chiefly by African-American men—to public attention in the 1970s. More recently, we’ve seen the advent of a range of benign figurative uses. We can now pimp our possessions, making them flashily decorated or customized, a use mainstreamed by MTV’s car-detailing show, Pimp My Ride. An attractive or appealing man may be called a pimp, and this is viewed as a positive description. To describe something using the accolade pimping is to mark it as wonderful or exciting. Jay-Z’s 2001 hit “Big Pimpin’” used the term as shorthand for a livin’-large lifestyle.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 12/01/19 7:50am

PeggyO

With the Pimp game, I think there is a level of deceit and 'mind' control that I don't care for.

It is different than having multiple relationships where all parties are aware of their status.

I have felt, though at times on this forum, that there is secret admiration of the Pimp game by some of the guys. It likely signals dominance/status.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 12/02/19 5:07am

violetcrush

PeggyO said:


With the Pimp game, I think there is a level of deceit and 'mind' control that I don't care for.


It is different than having multiple relationships where all parties are aware of their status.


I have felt, though at times on this forum, that there is secret admiration of the Pimp game by some of the guys. It likely signals dominance/status.


Oh definitely deceit involved. We know that Prince took great care to manage dating multiple women at the same time, and/or have indiscretions with women while in a more serious relationship. I think he “categorized” his women - relationship, occasional fling, one night stand, and/or a publicity thing.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 12/02/19 5:10am

violetcrush

benni said:



violetcrush said:


OldFriends4Sale said:



there is a generation that says the N word is not derogatory as well...

PimP is still Pimp, people (even Prince) in a moment forget what 'Pimp' is...



But again, it seems that Prince and the guys of his generation used it in a fun and/or positive way - in that it meant a guy who could get many women. * Prince also jokingly used the N word a lot up until his JW period.



Here is an article on the history of the word "pimp": https://slate.com/human-i...-pimp.html


But the word has seen a renaissance of sorts, with a strong increase in use in recent years. Media attention to (and glamorization of) the stereotype of the inner-city pimp brought such terms as pimpmobile and pimp walk—an ostentatious swagger affected chiefly by African-American men—to public attention in the 1970s. More recently, we’ve seen the advent of a range of benign figurative uses. We can now pimp our possessions, making them flashily decorated or customized, a use mainstreamed by MTV’s car-detailing show, Pimp My Ride. An attractive or appealing man may be called a pimp, and this is viewed as a positive description. To describe something using the accolade pimping is to mark it as wonderful or exciting. Jay-Z’s 2001 hit “Big Pimpin’” used the term as shorthand for a livin’-large lifestyle.


Yes, it’s definitely taken on a more light and casual meaning over the years. Not so great for women though, based on the original meaning and whT it represents. neutral
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 12/03/19 8:56am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

violetcrush said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

there is a generation that says the N word is not derogatory as well...

PimP is still Pimp, people (even Prince) in a moment forget what 'Pimp' is...

But again, it seems that Prince and the guys of his generation used it in a fun and/or positive way - in that it meant a guy who could get many women. * Prince also jokingly used the N word a lot up until his JW period.

Yep, Im familiar with the term. It's not just his generation. Anyone who lived in the 70s and 80s would be familiar with it.

.
There are places that still have 'Player Balls' where basically pimps and guys who want to emulate them show up in their flash with their 'bitches and hoes'

.

I'm seen women prostituted. section of NYC where the women were bare naked except for jewlery heels and maybe a coat depending on the weather. I knew of an Irish girl who was being pimped out by her boyfriend to make ends meet.

.

I will never find 'humor' or respect in the term PIMP

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 12/03/19 8:58am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

benni said:

violetcrush said:

OldFriends4Sale said: But again, it seems that Prince and the guys of his generation used it in a fun and/or positive way - in that it meant a guy who could get many women. * Prince also jokingly used the N word a lot up until his JW period.



Here is an article on the history of the word "pimp": https://slate.com/human-i...-pimp.html


But the word has seen a renaissance of sorts, with a strong increase in use in recent years. Media attention to (and glamorization of) the stereotype of the inner-city pimp brought such terms as pimpmobile and pimp walk—an ostentatious swagger affected chiefly by African-American men—to public attention in the 1970s. More recently, we’ve seen the advent of a range of benign figurative uses. We can now pimp our possessions, making them flashily decorated or customized, a use mainstreamed by MTV’s car-detailing show, Pimp My Ride. An attractive or appealing man may be called a pimp, and this is viewed as a positive description. To describe something using the accolade pimping is to mark it as wonderful or exciting. Jay-Z’s 2001 hit “Big Pimpin’” used the term as shorthand for a livin’-large lifestyle.

Yeah I remember that stuff. I've never used that term. I cannot.

"Hey big pimpin'..." said to me like a good thing. I always corrected it when said to me.

Pimpin is usually living large based on using women (or men)

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 12/03/19 3:00pm

jfenster

but what DOES the "I" in pimp stand for???

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 12/04/19 7:07am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

I don't think that Wally understood the 'music' and the senergy of what each era and project was to express. I still believe the Parade era could have been on a whole different level of artistry, if it wasn't for certain things happening.
.
I still would like to know more information about how the Family was to present the vision, seeing all the extended band members, including Wally & Gregory

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 12/05/19 2:19pm

violetcrush

OldFriends4Sale said:



I don't think that Wally understood the 'music' and the senergy of what each era and project was to express. I still believe the Parade era could have been on a whole different level of artistry, if it wasn't for certain things happening.
.
I still would like to know more information about how the Family was to present the vision, seeing all the extended band members, including Wally & Gregory


I know. I think Paul leaving the camp really changed the trajectory of the Parade era. Although, if Prince would still have disbanded The Revolution Susannah would most likely still have left with Wendy and Lisa, and that would have ended The Family - unless they had opened for The Revolution on the Parade tour and gained popularity. Then she may have stayed on awhile longer.
*
So hard to speculate how things would have played out. Prince should have toured the US too. I think it would have done well and helped with album sales too. The original Crystal Ball would have been so great.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 12/06/19 7:37am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

violetcrush said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I don't think that Wally understood the 'music' and the senergy of what each era and project was to express. I still believe the Parade era could have been on a whole different level of artistry, if it wasn't for certain things happening.
.
I still would like to know more information about how the Family was to present the vision, seeing all the extended band members, including Wally & Gregory

I know. I think Paul leaving the camp really changed the trajectory of the Parade era. Although, if Prince would still have disbanded The Revolution Susannah would most likely still have left with Wendy and Lisa, and that would have ended The Family - unless they had opened for The Revolution on the Parade tour and gained popularity. Then she may have stayed on awhile longer. * So hard to speculate how things would have played out. Prince should have toured the US too. I think it would have done well and helped with album sales too. The original Crystal Ball would have been so great.

Yes, I think by adding the dancers, it defocused, I think, from more musical expression on the tour vs Hitting and Running

.

It might be hard to speculate, but it is fun lol

I always thought it would have been cool to have David Coleman, Novi Novog and Suzi Katayama on the tour and Eddie Me(which I always love him with Sheila E)

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 12/08/19 6:20pm

violetcrush

OldFriends4Sale said:



violetcrush said:


OldFriends4Sale said:



I don't think that Wally understood the 'music' and the senergy of what each era and project was to express. I still believe the Parade era could have been on a whole different level of artistry, if it wasn't for certain things happening.
.
I still would like to know more information about how the Family was to present the vision, seeing all the extended band members, including Wally & Gregory



I know. I think Paul leaving the camp really changed the trajectory of the Parade era. Although, if Prince would still have disbanded The Revolution Susannah would most likely still have left with Wendy and Lisa, and that would have ended The Family - unless they had opened for The Revolution on the Parade tour and gained popularity. Then she may have stayed on awhile longer. * So hard to speculate how things would have played out. Prince should have toured the US too. I think it would have done well and helped with album sales too. The original Crystal Ball would have been so great.


Yes, I think by adding the dancers, it defocused, I think, from more musical expression on the tour vs Hitting and Running



.


It might be hard to speculate, but it is fun lol


I always thought it would have been cool to have David Coleman, Novi Novog and Suzi Katayama on the tour and Eddie Me(which I always love him with Sheila E)


Yes, all of those extras would have been fantastic - better than just the dancers. It would actually have resembled his ONA and Musicology shows. I guess he wasn’t ready for that at the time.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Wally Safford has a book out now