independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 19th Oct 2019 3:17pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Ashley Támar Davis to publish a memoir featuring stories about her time with Prince
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 05/09/19 11:14am

leadline

avatar

Kares said:

leadline said:

Everyone getting in for a piece of the purple pie.....pretty soon we will be getting memoirs from the doves that were in Paisley.

.
Even that would have more truth in it than Ms Berry's trash.


Can't agrue with you on that.

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 05/09/19 11:43am

motown1958

“leadline:

The common thread is profiting off of Prince’s passing…there are literally no checks and balances to what people say in the flood of memoirs and books coming out as Prince is not here to refute or confirm any of it.

We all want to hear things about Prince that we haven’t before, I would just suggest using a discerning eye when doing so. These people are not coming out with books because they love Prince; they are coming out with books because they need the money and know people will buy it.”


I totally agree

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 05/10/19 10:05am

TrcikyChristop
her

pinkcashmere23 said:

TheFreakerFantastic said:

Hmmm, should be interesting but it all sounds rather calculating that she wrote it so soon after working with him. Perhaps P found out and that's why it seemed their collaboration seemed to end as suddenty as it began, or maybe they had a bust up and this is her side of what happened.

In fact there has been a lot of shameless cashing in so far and I have resisted most of it, it all feels a bit cynical.

[Edited 4/25/19 7:50am]

He was tweeting his support for her when she was on The Voice in 2015 so seems that they were on decent terms then. I've wondered what had happened with her plans for the book since there had been no mention since her interview for Uncovering Prince. She said she was planning to release Milk and Honey along with it if I remember right.

2 songs "RHS" and "All Eye Want Is U" were sold part of an EP in very limited quantities this week under a different title "Not In The Vault, Vol. 1".

Sold out.

1062947151.jpg


[Edited 5/10/19 10:39am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 05/12/19 6:24pm

funksterr

AWESOME!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 05/13/19 2:15pm

jfenster

TrcikyChristopher said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

He was tweeting his support for her when she was on The Voice in 2015 so seems that they were on decent terms then. I've wondered what had happened with her plans for the book since there had been no mention since her interview for Uncovering Prince. She said she was planning to release Milk and Honey along with it if I remember right.

2 songs "RHS" and "All Eye Want Is U" were sold part of an EP in very limited quantities this week under a different title "Not In The Vault, Vol. 1".

Sold out.

1062947151.jpg


[Edited 5/10/19 10:39am]

all eye want has been around for years

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 05/13/19 2:18pm

jfenster

is "ice cold" part of this ?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 05/14/19 12:28am

databank

avatar

Regarding why M&H was shelved I listened to a podcast recently, can't remember which it was (Violet Reality maybe?) but IIRC she explained P had a falling out with Universal and M&H was collateral damage, and she didn't seem upset at Prince for it, she sort of said she chose to be loyal and side with him against the major even if it would cost her the record. It's all from memory so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If I understood correctly, she also said she had realized that she owned the masters of the record and that she was planning to release it, but not as such, more like the tracks compiled in a bundle with other songs (most likely non-Prince songs). I sincerely hope she changes her mind about this and released M&H exactly as planned back in 2006. In that form, it would be a legitimate addition to Prince's canon, and the narrative they build with it back then should be preserved as such.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 05/14/19 5:45am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

databank said:

Regarding why M&H was shelved I listened to a podcast recently, can't remember which it was (Violet Reality maybe?) but IIRC she explained P had a falling out with Universal and M&H was collateral damage, and she didn't seem upset at Prince for it, she sort of said she chose to be loyal and side with him against the major even if it would cost her the record. It's all from memory so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If I understood correctly, she also said she had realized that she owned the masters of the record and that she was planning to release it, but not as such, more like the tracks compiled in a bundle with other songs (most likely non-Prince songs). I sincerely hope she changes her mind about this and released M&H exactly as planned back in 2006. In that form, it would be a legitimate addition to Prince's canon, and the narrative they build with it back then should be preserved as such.

Even though Tamar owns the masters. It would be complicated with The Estate now that Prince(r.i.p) has gone on into another after life......

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances." prince AMA's 1985
“When eye say, ‘eye own “Purple Rain,” eye sound like Kanye.” He paused.“Who eye consider a friend.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 05/14/19 6:20am

databank

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

databank said:

Regarding why M&H was shelved I listened to a podcast recently, can't remember which it was (Violet Reality maybe?) but IIRC she explained P had a falling out with Universal and M&H was collateral damage, and she didn't seem upset at Prince for it, she sort of said she chose to be loyal and side with him against the major even if it would cost her the record. It's all from memory so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If I understood correctly, she also said she had realized that she owned the masters of the record and that she was planning to release it, but not as such, more like the tracks compiled in a bundle with other songs (most likely non-Prince songs). I sincerely hope she changes her mind about this and released M&H exactly as planned back in 2006. In that form, it would be a legitimate addition to Prince's canon, and the narrative they build with it back then should be preserved as such.

Even though Tamar owns the masters. It would be complicated with The Estate now that Prince(r.i.p) has gone on into another after life......

If she owns the masters she's free to do whatever she pleases, that's the whole point of owning masters.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 05/14/19 7:18am

scratchtasia

TrcikyChristopher said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

He was tweeting his support for her when she was on The Voice in 2015 so seems that they were on decent terms then. I've wondered what had happened with her plans for the book since there had been no mention since her interview for Uncovering Prince. She said she was planning to release Milk and Honey along with it if I remember right.

2 songs "RHS" and "All Eye Want Is U" were sold part of an EP in very limited quantities this week under a different title "Not In The Vault, Vol. 1".

Sold out.

1062947151.jpg


[Edited 5/10/19 10:39am]



I saw that this was going to be available for one day only at the Electric Fetus and wondered what was going to be on it. I wish I could have gotten a copy.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 05/28/19 12:25pm

Deadflow3r

avatar

motown1958 said:

“leadline:


The common thread is profiting off of Prince’s passing…there are literally no checks and balances to what people say in the flood of memoirs and books coming out as Prince is not here to refute or confirm any of it.


We all want to hear things about Prince that we haven’t before, I would just suggest using a discerning eye when doing so. These people are not coming out with books because they love Prince; they are coming out with books because they need the money and know people will buy it.”





I totally agree


Given that Prince had a reputation for being quite stingy I don't have an issue with it. Before the man died we were all amazed with him but knew that he was difficult to work for and cheap as he could get away with. He was truly human and his life was gullthe of ironies.
There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 05/28/19 8:29pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Haven't heard her milk and honey album; gonna have to check it out.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 05/28/19 8:52pm

PennyPurple

avatar

leadline said:


The common thread is profiting off of Prince's passing.....there are literally no checks and balances to what people say in the flood of memoirs and books coming out as Prince is not here to refute or confirm any of it.

We all want to hear things about Prince that we haven't before, I would just suggest using a discerning eye when doing so. These people are not coming out with books because they love Prince, they are coming out with books because they need the money and know people will buy it.

Exactly.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 05/30/19 11:45am

jfenster

purplethunder3121 said:

Haven't heard her milk and honey album; gonna have to check it out.

to me it sounds like crap ..very cheap..cept for red headed step child and sunday in the park

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 06/03/19 2:59pm

jfenster

kept woman and all i want is u r the only unreleased songs??

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 06/04/19 3:28pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

leadline said:

These people are not coming out with books because they love Prince, they are coming out with books because they need the money and know people will buy it.

.

It's 2019 and Prince fans continue to believe such books are making its authors rich.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 2 <12
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Ashley Támar Davis to publish a memoir featuring stories about her time with Prince