independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 19th Oct 2019 3:34pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Kim berry's book: diamonds and curlz discussion
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 9 of 10 <12345678910>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #240 posted 05/03/19 2:43pm

MoodyBlumes

BartVanHemelen said:

Kinda surprising that Neal Karlen was praising Kim as someone who "accurately captured Prince's voice" towards the end of this podcast: https://www.minneapolis.o...e-fifteen/ .

I enjoyed Kim's interviews on You Tube and was looking forward to reading her book.

"I think the thing is that anyone who says that they know more than 15 percent of what his life was like is lying. He made it that way—no one knew." - Neal Karlen

http://mspmag.com/arts-an...the-press/

Maybe Kim hasn't read the book either and we should be questioning Andrea Williams.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #241 posted 05/03/19 3:03pm

pinkcashmere23

rogifan said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

I haven't seen that many of his associates supporting the book. I did see Shelby's name pop up on one of Kim's FB lives during the Celebration. The one when she toured the Riley Creek tunnel. Shelby posted a positive comment and Kim gave her a shout out so I assume that she supports Kim as well as the book.

I don’t think we an assume it means she supports the book. As far as I know she’s not out there telling people to buy it. My guess is she probably hasn’t even read it. Shelby is positive person who doesn’t seem to have a negative bone in her body. I can’t see her publicly speaking out against anyone. Looks like Funkenberry is back and will be podcasting again. I’ll be curious to know if he says anything about the book.

I think that she might have said something about Kim's book in one of her recent lives but I'm not certain. I have watched so many different videos from everyone the past week. I'll have to go back and watch hers again because I'm curious if she did. If she did,I suppose she may have just been showing support for Kim without even reading the book because as you said,she is a positive person that is loving towards everybody. I listened to Dr Funk's podcast and he mentioned there are people out there that are now exaggerating their time with Prince and the length of time they worked for him and I wondered if he was thinking about Kim.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #242 posted 05/03/19 7:43pm

rogifan

pinkcashmere23 said:



rogifan said:


pinkcashmere23 said:


I haven't seen that many of his associates supporting the book. I did see Shelby's name pop up on one of Kim's FB lives during the Celebration. The one when she toured the Riley Creek tunnel. Shelby posted a positive comment and Kim gave her a shout out so I assume that she supports Kim as well as the book.



I don’t think we an assume it means she supports the book. As far as I know she’s not out there telling people to buy it. My guess is she probably hasn’t even read it. Shelby is positive person who doesn’t seem to have a negative bone in her body. I can’t see her publicly speaking out against anyone. Looks like Funkenberry is back and will be podcasting again. I’ll be curious to know if he says anything about the book.

I think that she might have said something about Kim's book in one of her recent lives but I'm not certain. I have watched so many different videos from everyone the past week. I'll have to go back and watch hers again because I'm curious if she did. If she did,I suppose she may have just been showing support for Kim without even reading the book because as you said,she is a positive person that is loving towards everybody. I listened to Dr Funk's podcast and he mentioned there are people out there that are now exaggerating their time with Prince and the length of time they worked for him and I wondered if he was thinking about Kim.


Ooh interesting. eek
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #243 posted 05/04/19 9:18am

Shockadelica9

rogifan said:

pinkcashmere23 said:



rogifan said:


pinkcashmere23 said:


I haven't seen that many of his associates supporting the book. I did see Shelby's name pop up on one of Kim's FB lives during the Celebration. The one when she toured the Riley Creek tunnel. Shelby posted a positive comment and Kim gave her a shout out so I assume that she supports Kim as well as the book.



I don’t think we an assume it means she supports the book. As far as I know she’s not out there telling people to buy it. My guess is she probably hasn’t even read it. Shelby is positive person who doesn’t seem to have a negative bone in her body. I can’t see her publicly speaking out against anyone. Looks like Funkenberry is back and will be podcasting again. I’ll be curious to know if he says anything about the book.

I think that she might have said something about Kim's book in one of her recent lives but I'm not certain. I have watched so many different videos from everyone the past week. I'll have to go back and watch hers again because I'm curious if she did. If she did,I suppose she may have just been showing support for Kim without even reading the book because as you said,she is a positive person that is loving towards everybody. I listened to Dr Funk's podcast and he mentioned there are people out there that are now exaggerating their time with Prince and the length of time they worked for him and I wondered if he was thinking about Kim.


Ooh interesting. eek

[Off topic. Discuss the book snip - luv4u]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #244 posted 05/10/19 2:59pm

Dalia11

If I see the book at the LIBRARY I will read it. Many people do not buy books these days. I have been a Prince fan for 34 years. I have read/ a lot of rumors/gossip/negative comments over the years. He was a Gemini with Scorpio Rising and Mars in Aries, that influenced him to be difficult at times. Being a musician/entertainer increases a person's tendency to be difficult to deal with.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #245 posted 05/12/19 9:00am

rogifan

Two recent podcasts from Funkenberry and no mention of Kim or her book. I wonder if he’ll ever discuss it.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #246 posted 05/14/19 4:29pm

rogifan

Prince’s Friend gives the book 1 to 1 1/2 stars. Ouch.

https://youtu.be/5aPzx0E647Y
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #247 posted 05/14/19 10:58pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

rogifan said:

Prince’s Friend gives the book 1 to 1 1/2 stars. Ouch. https://youtu.be/5aPzx0E647Y


I watched that. I appreciate his honesty.

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #248 posted 05/17/19 9:34am

Empress

rogifan said:

Prince’s Friend gives the book 1 to 1 1/2 stars. Ouch. https://youtu.be/5aPzx0E647Y

Out of 10, I'm sure. neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #249 posted 05/17/19 8:54pm

onlyforaminute

rogifan said:

Prince’s Friend gives the book 1 to 1 1/2 stars. Ouch.

https://youtu.be/5aPzx0E647Y

Thoughtful, sensative and honest.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #250 posted 05/23/19 3:55am

rogifan

Kim’s book is marked down to $8 on Amazon. lol

https://www.amazon.com/Di...1-fkmrnull
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #251 posted 05/23/19 6:38am

PennyPurple

avatar

rogifan said:

Kim’s book is marked down to $8 on Amazon. lol https://www.amazon.com/Di...1-fkmrnull

Already?? lol lol

Do you know that some people who pre-ordered their books from Kim still have not received them?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #252 posted 05/23/19 12:26pm

onlyforaminute

Well i ended up with 2 books. :confused: oh well. I'm waiting to here about parts 2&3.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #253 posted 05/23/19 4:17pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

PennyPurple said:

rogifan said:

Kim’s book is marked down to $8 on Amazon. lol https://www.amazon.com/Di...1-fkmrnull

Already?? lol lol

Do you know that some people who pre-ordered their books from Kim still have not received them?


That's not a good thing

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #254 posted 05/23/19 4:28pm

PennyPurple

avatar

luv4u said:

PennyPurple said:

Already?? lol lol

Do you know that some people who pre-ordered their books from Kim still have not received them?


That's not a good thing

Yeah they are asking her on FB and she hasn't been answering them back....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #255 posted 05/24/19 6:17am

rogifan

PennyPurple said:



rogifan said:


Kim’s book is marked down to $8 on Amazon. lol https://www.amazon.com/Di...1-fkmrnull

Already?? lol lol


Do you know that some people who pre-ordered their books from Kim still have not received them?


Wow that’s bad. Especially if she’s blowing them off. Just another reason for me not to like her.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #256 posted 05/24/19 8:02pm

dcari2002

onlyforaminute said:

Well i ended up with 2 books. :confused: oh well. I'm waiting to here about parts 2&3.

Wow.. wonder how that happened. I'm glad you received a book though smile I'm still waiting and I contributed to the crowdfunding last October. She completely underestimated the scope of this project and it's very disappointing how those of us who contributed monetarily to the creation of the book have been treated. Terrible!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #257 posted 05/24/19 8:20pm

PennyPurple

avatar

dcari2002 said:

onlyforaminute said:

Well i ended up with 2 books. :confused: oh well. I'm waiting to here about parts 2&3.

Wow.. wonder how that happened. I'm glad you received a book though smile I'm still waiting and I contributed to the crowdfunding last October. She completely underestimated the scope of this project and it's very disappointing how those of us who contributed monetarily to the creation of the book have been treated. Terrible!

But why can't she get them shipped out? She has books signings and books are sitting on the table next to her. Sorry you haven't received yours. sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #258 posted 05/25/19 11:41am

onlyforaminute

dcari2002 said:



onlyforaminute said:


Well i ended up with 2 books. :confused: oh well. I'm waiting to here about parts 2&3.


Wow.. wonder how that happened. I'm glad you received a book though smile I'm still waiting and I contributed to the crowdfunding last October. She completely underestimated the scope of this project and it's very disappointing how those of us who contributed monetarily to the creation of the book have been treated. Terrible!




I don't know how it happened I just ordered the book. I have zero issues with paying for products i want. I didn't do all the fundraising stuff though.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #259 posted 05/26/19 2:01pm

MoodyBlumes

PennyPurple said:



dcari2002 said:




onlyforaminute said:


Well i ended up with 2 books. :confused: oh well. I'm waiting to here about parts 2&3.


Wow.. wonder how that happened. I'm glad you received a book though smile I'm still waiting and I contributed to the crowdfunding last October. She completely underestimated the scope of this project and it's very disappointing how those of us who contributed monetarily to the creation of the book have been treated. Terrible!



But why can't she get them shipped out? She has books signings and books are sitting on the table next to her. Sorry you haven't received yours. sad


She already has money from the preorders and fundraising. An ol' disco tune... 'The Hustle'
[Edited 5/26/19 15:10pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #260 posted 05/27/19 3:48am

JorisE73

I emailed her to cancel my order because I didn't receive anything yet, not even updates and I am still waiting for a reply.
If she takes any longer I'll file a claim woth Paypal for a refund.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #261 posted 05/27/19 8:02am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

[Off topic snip - luv4u]

"4 all of us, life is death without adventure,& adventure only comes 2 those who are willing 2 b daring & take chances." prince AMA's 1985
“When eye say, ‘eye own “Purple Rain,” eye sound like Kanye.” He paused.“Who eye consider a friend.”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #262 posted 05/27/19 1:19pm

PennyPurple

avatar

JorisE73 said:

I emailed her to cancel my order because I didn't receive anything yet, not even updates and I am still waiting for a reply.
If she takes any longer I'll file a claim woth Paypal for a refund.

Yes, I think you can. Don't wait to contact Paypal, cuz it will take several days to get it going to work on that refund.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #263 posted 05/27/19 6:41pm

PennyPurple

avatar

JorisE73 said:

I emailed her to cancel my order because I didn't receive anything yet, not even updates and I am still waiting for a reply.
If she takes any longer I'll file a claim woth Paypal for a refund.

I just checked my paypal account and it says this; if you have a problem.


Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #264 posted 05/28/19 2:36am

JorisE73

PennyPurple said:

JorisE73 said:

I emailed her to cancel my order because I didn't receive anything yet, not even updates and I am still waiting for a reply.
If she takes any longer I'll file a claim woth Paypal for a refund.

I just checked my paypal account and it says this; if you have a problem.


Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.


thumbs up! I'll check it out today. thanks!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #265 posted 06/06/19 5:54pm

kookooman73

rogifan said:

Kares said:

.

What a load of rubbish this book is. I just read it but wish I didn't.
.

Apart from all the points above (and I agree with them), here's a few more:

.

– The cover says "29 years with Prince" but inside she claims she was hired on Christmas 1988. Now I have no idea why she felt necessary to lie in the first place, but at least she could've made sure that her statements in the book actually support that lie. No matter how I calculate, from December 1988 to April 2016 is only 27 years and 4 months, not 29 years. So even her own statements inside the book contradict the title of the book. Brilliant, isn't it? While of course we all know that neither the 27 nor the 29 years can be true. In reality she must've started sometime during or after the Diamonds & Pearls Tour. That's 24 years the most.
.
– The book is 187 pages in total, but contains only about a 100 pages worth of actual text we might be interested in. The rest is blank pages with some recurring ornaments (most probably from an ancient CorelDraw version) she calls "graphic design", pages with names of hairstyling products, some dreadful drawings P (I'm not referring to Debbie's costume designs) and other nonsense, just to fill the pages.
All this is just to try maximising the income by spreading what could've been a 250 page book into 3 volumes of rubbish. Disgusting.
.
– The writing is terrible, even with the help she got, it's still full of stupid lines like "P was in control of the Monopoly board playing chess while everybody else played checkers". She even repeats something like this later, and by the third mention it becomes a chessboard with Mayte being treated as the queen on it – Berry obviously has no clue of the role of the queen chess piece...

.

Badmouthing not only Prince's, but Mayte's mum, as well as Manuela, is of very poor taste, in my opinion.

.
She's talking about P routinely juggling 2-3 women, yet on another page she says that far fewer women who claimed to have slept with P actually did.
.
Some of the things she gossips about are most probably true but that's no excuse for the rest which are obviously either made up or just hearsay she's trying to pass on as first hand experience. She's totally discredited herself with this one and I've no idea how much support she will get for the next volumes.

.
I had zero intention of buying this but now even the pirated pdf will go to the trash where it belongs.
.

[Edited 4/20/19 14:18pm]

Well now I have really no interest in reading this. Once again total false advertising. Kim never said she was going to write a book full of gossip. Sad thing is a lot of Prince fans (like the ones attending Celebration) think Kim is great. I’m sure all of them are buying this book. Though I wonder if their impression will change after reading it.

Can u explain ur comments regarding Celebration attendees? This isn`t the first post that u are dissmissive of these fans. I`ve been to the 3 Celebrations since he passed & I have nothing complimentary to say about Kim Berry or the way she behaves especially during Celebration. In fact I have had many conversations with fans who think the same & who are giving her a wide birth. You shoudn`t be so presumptive. sad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #266 posted 06/06/19 6:59pm

PennyPurple

avatar

kookooman73 said:

rogifan said:

Kares said: Well now I have really no interest in reading this. Once again total false advertising. Kim never said she was going to write a book full of gossip. Sad thing is a lot of Prince fans (like the ones attending Celebration) think Kim is great. I’m sure all of them are buying this book. Though I wonder if their impression will change after reading it.

Can u explain ur comments regarding Celebration attendees? This isn`t the first post that u are dissmissive of these fans. I`ve been to the 3 Celebrations since he passed & I have nothing complimentary to say about Kim Berry or the way she behaves especially during Celebration. In fact I have had many conversations with fans who think the same & who are giving her a wide birth. You shoudn`t be so presumptive. sad

That's the problem, the fans are giving her a much to wide of birth. Did any fan there bother to call her out on her nonsense or did everyone just put up with it and stayed silent?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #267 posted 06/07/19 5:36am

rogifan

PennyPurple said:



kookooman73 said:




rogifan said:


Kares said: Well now I have really no interest in reading this. Once again total false advertising. Kim never said she was going to write a book full of gossip. Sad thing is a lot of Prince fans (like the ones attending Celebration) think Kim is great. I’m sure all of them are buying this book. Though I wonder if their impression will change after reading it.

Can u explain ur comments regarding Celebration attendees? This isn`t the first post that u are dissmissive of these fans. I`ve been to the 3 Celebrations since he passed & I have nothing complimentary to say about Kim Berry or the way she behaves especially during Celebration. In fact I have had many conversations with fans who think the same & who are giving her a wide birth. You shoudn`t be so presumptive. sad



That's the problem, the fans are giving her a much to wide of birth. Did any fan there bother to call her out on her nonsense or did everyone just put up with it and stayed silent?


I’m only going by what I saw in Prince groups on Facebook. Now I’m not on Facebook very often at all so I might be missing things. Also I think some of the groups have a policy of no negativity (and I think Kim is a member of some of them) so even if someone wanted to complain about Kim it wouldn’t be allowed. Kim smartly ingratiated herself with fans. But I think the issues with this book, especially some people never getting their copy, has changed opinions about Kim for the worse.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #268 posted 06/07/19 12:32pm

onlyforaminute

No news on book 2 yet?
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #269 posted 06/07/19 3:20pm

PennyPurple

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

No news on book 2 yet?

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 9 of 10 <12345678910>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Kim berry's book: diamonds and curlz discussion