independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 23rd Feb 2020 6:45pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Sheila E's 3rd (eponymous) album: Eric Leeds?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/25/17 6:00pm

GaryMF

avatar

Sheila E's 3rd (eponymous) album: Eric Leeds?

I don;t have my vinyl copy with me. But I was listening to a podcast and they were saying Eric and Matt Blistan were on this album. I always thought it was Eddie M and Norbert Stachel playing brass.

.

.

Anyone know for sure?

rainbow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/25/17 6:39pm

motherfunka

avatar

GaryMF said:

I don;t have my vinyl copy with me. But I was listening to a podcast and they were saying Eric and Matt Blistan were on this album. I always thought it was Eddie M and Norbert Stachel playing brass.

.

.

Anyone know for sure?

Princevault shows Eric and Matt.

TRUE BLUE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/25/17 7:10pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

I don't think there is a Norbert

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/25/17 7:13pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

that is another 'weird' thing

I always though Eddie M was co-writer on Hold Me, since he has his own version on his solo release

not to mention he was playing the sax still on the tour in 1986

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/25/17 7:19pm

GaryMF

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

I don't think there is a Norbert

There is. Princvault lists him too; he was in the tourig band. I saw a couple one off shows for this album. He was great.

rainbow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/25/17 7:20pm

GaryMF

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

that is another 'weird' thing

I always though Eddie M was co-writer on Hold Me, since he has his own version on his solo release

not to mention he was playing the sax still on the tour in 1986

I thinkhe is with Constanc Guzman.

rainbow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/25/17 7:27pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

GaryMF said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

I don't think there is a Norbert

There is. Princvault lists him too; he was in the tourig band. I saw a couple one off shows for this album. He was great.

ok

http://norbertstachel.com/

Norbert Stachel, a saxophonist and multi woodwind instrumentalist, is widely recognized for being a unique soloist and also for his strong ensemble contributions in all kinds of musical genres. Norbert has recorded, toured, and performed with a variety of known and established names, as well as artists deserving wider recognition. He has worked with famous names including: Aerosmith, Tower of Power, Roger Waters, Tony Toni Toné, Ted Nugent, Eddie Money, Clarence “Gatemouth” Brown, Prince, Tito Puente, Celia Cruz, Dream Theatre, Diana Ross, Boz Scaggs, Bonnie Raitt, Cold Blood, Neil Diamond, En Vogue, The Temptations, The Four Tops, Sheila E, Quincy Jones, D’Angelo, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffet, Quicksilver, Les McCann, Don Cherry, Freddie Hubbard, Roy Hargrove, Andrew Hill, Charlie Haden, Benny Green, Russel Malone, Woody Herman, Kenny Burrell, Buddy Montgomery, Joe Henderson, Eddie Henderson, George Cables, Bobby Hutcherson, Lou Rawls, Eartha Kitt, Dizzy Gillespie, Zigaboo Modeliste, Flora Purim & Airto, Merle Saunders, Bob Weir, Hiram Bullock, Carlos Santana, & countless others.

Norbert is accomplished on all saxophones, clarinets, flutes, and ethnic wind instruments. Norbert has 30+ years experience playing Jazz, Classical, Rock, R&B, Afro Cuban/Latin, Salsa, Klezmer, Middle Eastern, World, and most other forms of music. Norbert also composes instrumental & vocal music, and also arranges for any kind of instrumental ensemble or choir.

Instruments Played: Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Baritone, & Bass Saxophones- Eb Soprano, Bb, Bb Bass (low C), & BBb Contrabass (low C) Clarinets- Piccolo, C, Alto , & Bass Flutes- & a variety of ethnic wind instruments.


#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/25/17 7:34pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

he performed on Parade?

1986

Under The Cherry Moon film
Sound Track performance with Prince, Warner Brothers

1987

Sheila E. Third Album

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/25/17 7:41pm

GaryMF

avatar

I think the vinly lists each song p ersonnel but I dont' hae it with me. Wanna know what Eric and Matt played on I guess the songs Prince wrote?

rainbow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/25/17 7:41pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

http://www.rogerwaters.org/interviews-new/norbertint.html

Norbert:

My parents are Jewish holocaust survivors from Byelorussia and the part of the Ukraine that was formerly Poland. Their families were both almost completely wiped out by Hitler's devices. I was born near the wine country in California, the youngest of two boys and one girl. My sister is the oldest and was born in Germany. I grew up near Berkeley, California.

REG:

How did it happen that you joined Tower of Power?

Norbert:

I am good friends with David Garibaldi, the original drummer of the band. He recommended me, and Doc Kupka, (the co-leader of the band), was made aware of me from some recordings and also from the group's current guitarist Jeff Tamalier, whom I played with in a band many years ago.

REG:

Was this your first real glimpse of stardom?

Norbert:

I played with Prince and Sheila "E" back in 1986. That was my first big "Pop" musical experience.

Norbert:

I'm not a social expert, but it seems a given that anyone with the fame and notoriety that Roger has is always considered a "Super Star". I played with Prince back in 1986.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/25/17 7:44pm

GaryMF

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

http://www.rogerwaters.org/interviews-new/norbertint.html

Norbert:

My parents are Jewish holocaust survivors from Byelorussia and the part of the Ukraine that was formerly Poland. Their families were both almost completely wiped out by Hitler's devices. I was born near the wine country in California, the youngest of two boys and one girl. My sister is the oldest and was born in Germany. I grew up near Berkeley, California.

REG:

Norbert:

I'm not a social expert, but it seems a given that anyone with the fame and notoriety that Roger has is always considered a "Super Star". I played with Prince back in 1986.

Cool. I have pics from Sheilas 1986 concert (that my avatar is from) with him. DIdnt' know he was Jewish and from Holocaust survivors. Interesting

rainbow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/26/17 5:06am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

GaryMF said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

http://www.rogerwaters.org/interviews-new/norbertint.html

Norbert:

Cool. I have pics from Sheilas 1986 concert (that my avatar is from) with him. DIdnt' know he was Jewish and from Holocaust survivors. Interesting

I'll be doing my first ever Sheila E / Sheila E 1987 era thread

I have enough information and pictures now to do one

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/26/17 4:12pm

Efan

avatar

The Horn E Crew and how they're credited on their songs...

One Day (I'm Gonna Make You Mine): Eric Leeds and Matt Blistan (horns)

Pride and the Passion: Eric Leeds (sax), Norbert Stachel (horns) and Matt Blistan (trumpet)

Soul Salsa: Norbert Stachel (sax and piano)

Hon E Man: Norbert Stachel (horns)

Love on a Blue Train: Norbert Stachel (sax and background vocals), Eric Leeds and Matt Blistan (horns)

Norbert also did background vocals on Koo Koo and gets a general album credit for saxophone and flute as part of the "E" Band.

Hold Me was written by Sheila E., Constance Guzman and Eddie Mininfield.

[Edited 5/26/17 16:16pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/26/17 6:08pm

GaryMF

avatar

Efan said:

The Horn E Crew and how they're credited on their songs...

One Day (I'm Gonna Make You Mine): Eric Leeds and Matt Blistan (horns)

Pride and the Passion: Eric Leeds (sax), Norbert Stachel (horns) and Matt Blistan (trumpet)

Soul Salsa: Norbert Stachel (sax and piano)

Hon E Man: Norbert Stachel (horns)

Love on a Blue Train: Norbert Stachel (sax and background vocals), Eric Leeds and Matt Blistan (horns)

Norbert also did background vocals on Koo Koo and gets a general album credit for saxophone and flute as part of the "E" Band.

Hold Me was written by Sheila E., Constance Guzman and Eddie Mininfield.

[Edited 5/26/17 16:16pm]

Thanks. I guess I forgot about Eric and Matt beingon this album

rainbow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Sheila E's 3rd (eponymous) album: Eric Leeds?