independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 19th Sep 2019 11:42am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > at president Nelson's art
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/12/13 1:51pm

laurarichardso
n

at president Nelson's art

Nelson is PRince's nephew. pResidentnelson.deviant.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/13/13 7:28pm

thereislonely1

avatar

laurarichardson said:

Nelson is PRince's nephew. pResidentnelson.deviant.com

That is the wrong site address. This is the right one

http://www.presidentnelson.deviantart.com/

Yes, that is actually his name! LOL! Very interesting and unique...I like it.

He is an amazing artist! I wonder if he had anything to do with his uncle's recent album cover since it is similar to his style of drawing

I know it shows that a woman is drawing the picture but it is still possible that President could have actually drawn it

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/15/13 8:16am

KoolEaze

avatar

He seems to be really talented. I like his style. It´s about time that he helped his uncle a bit...some of Prince´s album covers look horrible. This kid´s got talent.

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/15/13 8:17am

KoolEaze

avatar

I first read about him and his brother in an article on Prince in the 1980s. wink

" I´d rather be a stank ass hoe because I´m not stupid. Oh my goodness! I got more drugs! I´m always funny dude...I´m hilarious! Are we gonna smoke?"




http://kooleasehvac.com/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/15/13 1:12pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Nice work. nod

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/17/13 9:05am

dJJ

I was not blown away by 2010's cover.

If that is his work, I hope he will not design P's next album cover.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/17/13 11:07am

thereislonely1

avatar

dJJ said:

I was not blown away by 2010's cover.

If that is his work, I hope he will not design P's next album cover.

I am not a big fan of the cover either but I wouldn't put all the blame on President cause Prince had to approve it so it is somewhat his fault as well. Besides I don't know if it is his work or not it just looks similar to his known drawings. Anyway President's other work speaks for itself because he is quite a talented artist

P.S. It feels weird typing President referring to someone's actual first name LOL! lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/17/13 11:10am

dJJ

thereislonely1 said:

dJJ said:

I was not blown away by 2010's cover.

If that is his work, I hope he will not design P's next album cover.

I am not a big fan of the cover either but I wouldn't put all the blame on President cause Prince had to approve it so it is somewhat his fault as well. Besides I don't know if it is his work or not it just looks similar to his known drawings. Anyway President's other work speaks for itself because he is quite a talented artist

P.S. It feels weird typing President referring to someone's actual first name LOL! lol

name typing runs in the family I guess.

I'm curious what he will do for his next cover.

I understand he likes Stella, but I just hope he doesn't force her artwork to his fans.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/17/13 11:14am

dJJ

thereislonely1 said:

dJJ said:

I was not blown away by 2010's cover.

If that is his work, I hope he will not design P's next album cover.

I am not a big fan of the cover either but I wouldn't put all the blame on President cause Prince had to approve it so it is somewhat his fault as well. Besides I don't know if it is his work or not it just looks similar to his known drawings. Anyway President's other work speaks for itself because he is quite a talented artist

P.S. It feels weird typing President referring to someone's actual first name LOL! lol

He's a good crafter. It's just not the kind that appeals to me.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/17/13 11:16am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/17/13 11:17am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/17/13 11:20am

thereislonely1

avatar

dJJ said:

I'm dizzy! eyepop I hope this isn't his next cover! I like the other one better

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/17/13 11:26am

dJJ

thereislonely1 said:

dJJ said:

I'm dizzy! eyepop I hope this isn't his next cover! I like the other one better

I like this one very much. It's intense. It's fascinating, you just have to look and every time you look it will be interesting again. Will never be boring or outdated.

Just wait and see, it grows on you.

[Edited 1/17/13 12:15pm]

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/17/13 11:27am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/17/13 11:29am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/17/13 11:33am

dJJ

[Edited 1/17/13 11:36am]

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/17/13 11:41am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/17/13 11:46am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/17/13 11:53am

dJJ

David Shrigley

Michaela Kichknopf

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/17/13 12:08pm

dJJ

luca lupi

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/17/13 12:14pm

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > at president Nelson's art