independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 5th Dec 2019 9:14am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Can we lay off Andy Allo - Give the kid a break.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/12/12 8:48am

funkyhead

Can we lay off Andy Allo - Give the kid a break.

Damn we're a harsh lot at times, as most posters on an email forum our words are far more often not representative of who we truly are - I know this as I have met several purple headz over the years who are nobs on here but really great in real life!.

Anyways, maybe we should lay of Andy, what has she done that is so bad?. If the girl has ambition and has hooked up with P [in whatever capacity] then good luck to her, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Likewise, she's not exactly untalented unlike the many who have come before - she has a distinctive vocal style , she CAN sing, she can write and is at the start of her career. She looks great, comes across as a sweetheart and actually appears to have a brain!.

I have refered to this upcoming project, unkindly as....well I won't repeat what I said. My issue, as always is with P's motives rather than the artists he's promoting. I really do hope that this set of songs is good [sound good so far], hope that it's promoted well and trust that buying it / downloading it will be easy via Itunes.

Good luck Andy, stand your ground! and always have a plan B & C where P is concerned.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/12/12 11:19am

artist76

avatar

funkyhead said:

Damn we're a harsh lot at times, as most posters on an email forum our words are far more often not representative of who we truly are - I know this as I have met several purple headz over the years who are nobs on here but really great in real life!.

Anyways, maybe we should lay of Andy, what has she done that is so bad?. If the girl has ambition and has hooked up with P [in whatever capacity] then good luck to her, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Likewise, she's not exactly untalented unlike the many who have come before - she has a distinctive vocal style , she CAN sing, she can write and is at the start of her career. She looks great, comes across as a sweetheart and actually appears to have a brain!.

I have refered to this upcoming project, unkindly as....well I won't repeat what I said. My issue, as always is with P's motives rather than the artists he's promoting. I really do hope that this set of songs is good [sound good so far], hope that it's promoted well and trust that buying it / downloading it will be easy via Itunes.

Good luck Andy, stand your ground! and always have a plan B & C where P is concerned.

I agree - we don't know her, so..whatever. Her style of singing isn't my cup of tea, though, but yeah, I hope she does well.

Anyway, I'm wondering what you think P's motives are? And what do you think Andy's motives are, or any young protege's motives?

My concern is that, as he ages and he continues to do this quid pro quo thing (you get an album, I get "companionship"), he will be on the losing end of it. I know that people perceive the whole "protege" modus operandi as some sort of svengali-trip that P is on, and the girls are usually young and he's "the boss," he's definitely in control and it's even almost unethical for him (like boss-employee/teacher-student relationships - unequal power). But as he ages, the power balance will surely tip the other way, where the young woman is the one with the upper hand.

P has been pretty scandal-free, tragedy free (except for the baby), not bankrupt, and in good health -- it'd be sad to see what he's built up (financially, musical legacy, Paisley Park, etc.) sucked dry by an opportunistic young hot piece of ass.

I'm not saying Andy is doing that. I think P hasn't reached that level of vulnerability yet. I'm just hoping it doesn't happen, even though I see that scenario as a probability considering his penchant for lovely young women. At some point as he ages, you gotta wonder about the girl's motives too. What do you think Anna Nicole Smith's motives were? True love? Young girls ain't that naive - nor that into old men.

I'm glad he seems to be a control freak, so hopefully he's always careful to keep control over all his things, and always always for goodness sakes have prenups! and hopefully he'll never get so frail or so desperate for young pussy that he ever relinquishes control to that pussy .

Whew - didn't mean to write all that. Oh well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/12/12 11:21am

MJMia

avatar

Prince fans had pretty much enough of the protegees and projects. We see the same thing happening again he puts out CDs by protegees like Bria Valente and then we see her disappear with no explanation at all. I've seen how Bria has not been herself and Andy got "Princified" the same way as Bria was and maybe some don't want to see that anymore. Not only because she is not herself anymore but also because this new image doesn't fit her. She is not funky but she is forced to be funky. I don't think Andy has not done anything great but she is seeking for recoginition and her ways of doing that are not very genuine. The crypted messages on facebook, "captions" etc. are all just a poor attempt to make people be more interested in her and ask questions assuming the pictures were taken by Prince, why, how, where, are they together, are they not etc. It is either her doing it deliberately or just following Prince's instructions. She has become rather too fake to my taste. I find it odd that Prince always says "real music by real musicians" when it is quite obvious and even some of the fans who said they dig Andy admitted that they don't care her voice is weird because she is very pretty. So where does that fit into the "real music by real musicians" statement, I must ask? Prince found a pretty girl and turned her into his latest investment. Then he expects his fans to support it. Prince does this over and over again and it seems to me he is not likely to stop.

Don't take it personally. wink

[Edited 3/12/12 12:05pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/12/12 11:23am

Militant

avatar

moderator

Andy Allo is awesome, beautiful and her CD is gonna kick ass. I love her, don't get the hate for her at all from some (probably miserable) people.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/12/12 11:25am

babyjubilation

I actually think the things written about Andy isn't as bad as what other proteges and Prince associates have had written about them. I think this is just a matter of strongly disagreeing with people's opinions. She just doesn't sound good to some people. But I agree some should be said in a nicer way. But you seriously think that will happen? evillol

AND it is so tedius to keep hearing stuff like "Prince is dating(sleeping with) Andy and that's why she's sticking around and has an album" That's sooo not what's happening.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/12/12 11:29am

Genesia

avatar

I don't harbor any animus toward her. But I'm not going to be all excited about an album when what I've heard thus far has been unimpressive. shrug

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 03/12/12 11:30am

80spfantwp

avatar

Speaking for myself I can separate Allo the person from Allo the 'musician'/ protege. I don't feel the need to give any artists a 'free pass' and go out buy their album simply because of their personality/ looks etc - enough people do that hence IMHO why the pop charts are so bland and nondescipt.

If I like the album Superconductor when it's released I will happily go out and buy it, if I don't I won't.

Based on the acoustic/ live/ album clips thus far i.e. 2011- 2012 I simply cannot enjoy Andy's vocal style no matter how much i try - to my ears her vocals sound weak and forced.

What do i know; just one opinion - maybe she will become yet another hugely successful artist that I don't get into. Maybe i'm simply not the targeted demographic Andy/ prince are aiming for.

Opinion aside I wish any aspiring artist success. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 03/12/12 12:11pm

MJMia

avatar

Militant said:

Andy Allo is awesome, beautiful and her CD is gonna kick ass. I love her, don't get the hate for her at all from some (probably miserable) people.

lol rolleyes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 03/12/12 2:54pm

NouveauDance

avatar

NO! Kick her in the balls!.... Oh wait, that was Bria, carry on...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 03/12/12 3:31pm

funkyhead

NouveauDance said:

NO! Kick her in the balls!.... Oh wait, that was Bria, carry on...

oh lawd!razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 03/12/12 3:33pm

funkyhead

artist76 said:

funkyhead said:

Damn we're a harsh lot at times, as most posters on an email forum our words are far more often not representative of who we truly are - I know this as I have met several purple headz over the years who are nobs on here but really great in real life!.

Anyways, maybe we should lay of Andy, what has she done that is so bad?. If the girl has ambition and has hooked up with P [in whatever capacity] then good luck to her, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Likewise, she's not exactly untalented unlike the many who have come before - she has a distinctive vocal style , she CAN sing, she can write and is at the start of her career. She looks great, comes across as a sweetheart and actually appears to have a brain!.

I have refered to this upcoming project, unkindly as....well I won't repeat what I said. My issue, as always is with P's motives rather than the artists he's promoting. I really do hope that this set of songs is good [sound good so far], hope that it's promoted well and trust that buying it / downloading it will be easy via Itunes.

Good luck Andy, stand your ground! and always have a plan B & C where P is concerned.

I agree - we don't know her, so..whatever. Her style of singing isn't my cup of tea, though, but yeah, I hope she does well.

Anyway, I'm wondering what you think P's motives are? And what do you think Andy's motives are, or any young protege's motives?

My concern is that, as he ages and he continues to do this quid pro quo thing (you get an album, I get "companionship"), he will be on the losing end of it. I know that people perceive the whole "protege" modus operandi as some sort of svengali-trip that P is on, and the girls are usually young and he's "the boss," he's definitely in control and it's even almost unethical for him (like boss-employee/teacher-student relationships - unequal power). But as he ages, the power balance will surely tip the other way, where the young woman is the one with the upper hand.

P has been pretty scandal-free, tragedy free (except for the baby), not bankrupt, and in good health -- it'd be sad to see what he's built up (financially, musical legacy, Paisley Park, etc.) sucked dry by an opportunistic young hot piece of ass.

I'm not saying Andy is doing that. I think P hasn't reached that level of vulnerability yet. I'm just hoping it doesn't happen, even though I see that scenario as a probability considering his penchant for lovely young women. At some point as he ages, you gotta wonder about the girl's motives too. What do you think Anna Nicole Smith's motives were? True love? Young girls ain't that naive - nor that into old men.

I'm glad he seems to be a control freak, so hopefully he's always careful to keep control over all his things, and always always for goodness sakes have prenups! and hopefully he'll never get so frail or so desperate for young pussy that he ever relinquishes control to that pussy .

Whew - didn't mean to write all that. Oh well.

seriously I can see the whole Heff thing happening at Paisley park, now THAT's a celebration I'd want tickets to!.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 03/12/12 3:42pm

Spinlight

avatar

1) Why does someone else's opinion strike such a chord with you? You really take people's dislike of Andy personally?? I don't know why y'all cannot fathom people have a different opinion than you do. Get over it.

2) Not everyone is going to mesh with every phase of Prince's career. Some people can't stand the Revolution. Where's all the obsessive and whiny threads about that? Nowhere to be found. Let people have their own tastes; it doesn't change yours.

3) You writing as if you're speaking to Andy is cute, but who are you trying to fool? She doesn't read this place. And if she did, you sending out anonymous messages shouldn't faze her one way or the other.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 03/12/12 4:04pm

funkyhead

Spinlight said:

1) Why does someone else's opinion strike such a chord with you? You really take people's dislike of Andy personally?? I don't know why y'all cannot fathom people have a different opinion than you do. Get over it.

2) Not everyone is going to mesh with every phase of Prince's career. Some people can't stand the Revolution. Where's all the obsessive and whiny threads about that? Nowhere to be found. Let people have their own tastes; it doesn't change yours.

3) You writing as if you're speaking to Andy is cute, but who are you trying to fool? She doesn't read this place. And if she did, you sending out anonymous messages shouldn't faze her one way or the other.

oh quit trying to be like Bart!.

Point 1 - rambling nonsense with inaccurate assumtions. Next.

Point 2 - see above!. We can all have our own tastes BUT to bash her so harshly IMHO lacks class. Next!.

Point 3 - see point 1, double it, roll over in fits of laughter and disbelief. End.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 03/12/12 4:15pm

Spinlight

avatar

funkyhead said:

Spinlight said:

1) Why does someone else's opinion strike such a chord with you? You really take people's dislike of Andy personally?? I don't know why y'all cannot fathom people have a different opinion than you do. Get over it.

2) Not everyone is going to mesh with every phase of Prince's career. Some people can't stand the Revolution. Where's all the obsessive and whiny threads about that? Nowhere to be found. Let people have their own tastes; it doesn't change yours.

3) You writing as if you're speaking to Andy is cute, but who are you trying to fool? She doesn't read this place. And if she did, you sending out anonymous messages shouldn't faze her one way or the other.

oh quit trying to be like Bart!.

Point 1 - rambling nonsense with inaccurate assumtions. Next.

Point 2 - see above!. We can all have our own tastes BUT to bash her so harshly IMHO lacks class. Next!.

Point 3 - see point 1, double it, roll over in fits of laughter and disbelief. End.

"Your opinion sucks! My opinion is so much more opinionated!"

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 03/12/12 8:35pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

She is a talented beautiful woman.

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 03/12/12 8:41pm

ariomuse

avatar

MJMia said:

Prince fans had pretty much enough of the protegees and projects. We see the same thing happening again he puts out CDs by protegees like Bria Valente and then we see her disappear with no explanation at all. I've seen how Bria has not been herself and Andy got "Princified" the same way as Bria was and maybe some don't want to see that anymore. Not only because she is not herself anymore but also because this new image doesn't fit her. She is not funky but she is forced to be funky. I don't think Andy has not done anything great but she is seeking for recoginition and her ways of doing that are not very genuine. The crypted messages on facebook, "captions" etc. are all just a poor attempt to make people be more interested in her and ask questions assuming the pictures were taken by Prince, why, how, where, are they together, are they not etc. It is either her doing it deliberately or just following Prince's instructions. She has become rather too fake to my taste. I find it odd that Prince always says "real music by real musicians" when it is quite obvious and even some of the fans who said they dig Andy admitted that they don't care her voice is weird because she is very pretty. So where does that fit into the "real music by real musicians" statement, I must ask? Prince found a pretty girl and turned her into his latest investment. Then he expects his fans to support it. Prince does this over and over again and it seems to me he is not likely to stop.

Don't take it personally. wink

[Edited 3/12/12 12:05pm]

yeahthat I think Bria could sing pretty well, she just didn't really get her chance to shine with Prince moving on 2 a new project so quickly...

*~Reach for the moon, if you miss it, you will land among the stars~*
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/12/12 8:54pm

babyjubilation

ariomuse said:

MJMia said:

Prince fans had pretty much enough of the protegees and projects. We see the same thing happening again he puts out CDs by protegees like Bria Valente and then we see her disappear with no explanation at all. I've seen how Bria has not been herself and Andy got "Princified" the same way as Bria was and maybe some don't want to see that anymore. Not only because she is not herself anymore but also because this new image doesn't fit her. She is not funky but she is forced to be funky. I don't think Andy has not done anything great but she is seeking for recoginition and her ways of doing that are not very genuine. The crypted messages on facebook, "captions" etc. are all just a poor attempt to make people be more interested in her and ask questions assuming the pictures were taken by Prince, why, how, where, are they together, are they not etc. It is either her doing it deliberately or just following Prince's instructions. She has become rather too fake to my taste. I find it odd that Prince always says "real music by real musicians" when it is quite obvious and even some of the fans who said they dig Andy admitted that they don't care her voice is weird because she is very pretty. So where does that fit into the "real music by real musicians" statement, I must ask? Prince found a pretty girl and turned her into his latest investment. Then he expects his fans to support it. Prince does this over and over again and it seems to me he is not likely to stop.

Don't take it personally. wink

[Edited 3/12/12 12:05pm]

yeahthat I think Bria could sing pretty well, she just didn't really get her chance to shine with Prince moving on 2 a new project so quickly...

Woah. How did I miss this post? I think we have a winner yay!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/12/12 10:11pm

Pomade

Come on. Bria's album wasn't bad, and neither was her singing. Her lack of performing was pretty incongruent with most singers, though. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/12/12 10:26pm

colorblu

Andy has talents, beauty and great creativity. She's blessed to have the opportunity to practice and interact with Prince. They present the possibilities of bringing new refreshing sounds and stlyes to the stage. They project a new fun funky style and I hope that their music expands and soon we will be joining in on electrickly charged concerts, & after parties. headbang dancing jig

Very Interesting guitar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/13/12 8:13am

NouveauDance

avatar

colorblu said:

Andy has talents, beauty and great creativity. She's blessed to have the opportunity to practice and interact with Prince. They present the possibilities of bringing new refreshing sounds and stlyes to the stage. They project a new fun funky style and I hope that their music expands and soon we will be joining in on electrickly charged concerts, & after parties. headbang dancing jig

Very Interesting guitar

Hope you got paid for that blurb.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/13/12 8:17am

funkyhead

Spinlight said:

funkyhead said:

oh quit trying to be like Bart!.

Point 1 - rambling nonsense with inaccurate assumtions. Next.

Point 2 - see above!. We can all have our own tastes BUT to bash her so harshly IMHO lacks class. Next!.

Point 3 - see point 1, double it, roll over in fits of laughter and disbelief. End.

"Your opinion sucks! My opinion is so much more opinionated!"

finely put my friend.lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/13/12 8:17am

funkyhead

colorblu said:

Andy has talents, beauty and great creativity. She's blessed to have the opportunity to practice and interact with Prince. They present the possibilities of bringing new refreshing sounds and stlyes to the stage. They project a new fun funky style and I hope that their music expands and soon we will be joining in on electrickly charged concerts, & after parties. headbang dancing jig

Very Interesting guitar

lets not get too carried away!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/13/12 8:55am

MadamGoodnight

MJMia said:

Prince fans had pretty much enough of the protegees and projects. We see the same thing happening again he puts out CDs by protegees like Bria Valente and then we see her disappear with no explanation at all. I've seen how Bria has not been herself and Andy got "Princified" the same way as Bria was and maybe some don't want to see that anymore. Not only because she is not herself anymore but also because this new image doesn't fit her. She is not funky but she is forced to be funky. I don't think Andy has not done anything great but she is seeking for recoginition and her ways of doing that are not very genuine. The crypted messages on facebook, "captions" etc. are all just a poor attempt to make people be more interested in her and ask questions assuming the pictures were taken by Prince, why, how, where, are they together, are they not etc. It is either her doing it deliberately or just following Prince's instructions. She has become rather too fake to my taste. I find it odd that Prince always says "real music by real musicians" when it is quite obvious and even some of the fans who said they dig Andy admitted that they don't care her voice is weird because she is very pretty. So where does that fit into the "real music by real musicians" statement, I must ask? Prince found a pretty girl and turned her into his latest investment. Then he expects his fans to support it. Prince does this over and over again and it seems to me he is not likely to stop.

Don't take it personally. wink

[Edited 3/12/12 12:05pm]

clapping Well put.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/13/12 10:56am

HonestMan13

avatar

You know what the problem is with hardcore Prince fans, most of them are completeists. They may not own up to collecting everything but they have it all and this CD will be another acquisition to be made. They can't stop themselves for the fear of not having everything Prince worked on. They don't like the music but they have to have it. How many people sought out 'Purple & Gold' or Tamar's 'Milk & Honey'? Also no one wants to miss that ultra funky 'comeback' song from Prince that will silence his critics and put him back on top of the charts and make him acceptable to the masses! I'm buying Andy's CD cause I like two clips I've heard so far.

When eye go 2 a Prince concert or related event it's all heart up in the house but when eye log onto this site and the miasma of bitchiness is completely overwhelming!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/13/12 2:52pm

MJMia

avatar

NouveauDance said:

colorblu said:

Andy has talents, beauty and great creativity. She's blessed to have the opportunity to practice and interact with Prince. They present the possibilities of bringing new refreshing sounds and stlyes to the stage. They project a new fun funky style and I hope that their music expands and soon we will be joining in on electrickly charged concerts, & after parties. headbang dancing jig

Very Interesting guitar

Hope you got paid for that blurb.

Exactly. Every now and then I read posts like the one above from colorblu. It is like some people here are trying really hard to convince the ones that have a different, rather more objective opinion about Prince's latest "Projects", it makes me wonder what their purpose is. Is this some kind of propaganda sponsored by Prince himself? lol I received offensive replies before for calling Prince "desperate", but I still can't help wondering, I'm sorry... rolleyes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/13/12 2:52pm

steelyd

MJMia said:

Prince fans had pretty much enough of the protegees and projects. We see the same thing happening again he puts out CDs by protegees like Bria Valente and then we see her disappear with no explanation at all. I've seen how Bria has not been herself and Andy got "Princified" the same way as Bria was and maybe some don't want to see that anymore. Not only because she is not herself anymore but also because this new image doesn't fit her. She is not funky but she is forced to be funky. I don't think Andy has not done anything great but she is seeking for recoginition and her ways of doing that are not very genuine. The crypted messages on facebook, "captions" etc. are all just a poor attempt to make people be more interested in her and ask questions assuming the pictures were taken by Prince, why, how, where, are they together, are they not etc. It is either her doing it deliberately or just following Prince's instructions. She has become rather too fake to my taste. I find it odd that Prince always says "real music by real musicians" when it is quite obvious and even some of the fans who said they dig Andy admitted that they don't care her voice is weird because she is very pretty. So where does that fit into the "real music by real musicians" statement, I must ask? Prince found a pretty girl and turned her into his latest investment. Then he expects his fans to support it. Prince does this over and over again and it seems to me he is not likely to stop.

Don't take it personally. wink

[Edited 3/12/12 12:05pm]

So on point! These side projects are for him and his apparent rich genius boredom, not for us. This random protege nonsense was cute in his 20s-30s, not for 50+, especially when it doesn't add anything interesting to the musical landscape. If Andy was BADASS on the guitar, like Sheila is on the skins or like Ida is on the bass, or could blow like Rosie or Shelby, I don't think folks would be having debates about her talent. If he is going to invest his time, money, and name to something, I personally would love to see Prince DO SOMETHING INTERESTING like take all of his music & music business knowledge and teach it to a new generation of youngsters like the older cats did with him when he was young. I see all types fo kids- 20 somethings, who have uploaded themselves on Youtube, learning to play rock, funk or jazz on their chosen instrument. Open up a music academy, help develope a new generation of musicians, composers, bands. To me, I feel that should be his focus, with all of his real music, real musician talk.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/13/12 3:48pm

funkyrake

avatar

I'm sitting at the Santa Rosa Junior College writing this. Just got off work at beautiful organic Shone Farm which is part of the JC. I love all that is funky off and on the farm, including funky artists. I am a convert to Andy after listening to her clips. I think she is a young energy which appeals to not only Prince, but also the whole NPG, including Maceo Parker (my fave horn player!!). Andy keeps it positive and intellectual. She's got an upbeat that I really love. I've come to terms with the little off notes as part of her style, and I think they fit into her very major/minor tone. I feel that she is a keeper who will no doubt be part of the NPG for a long time. cool

The Leaf Shall Inherit The Earth.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/13/12 3:48pm

xLiberiangirl

avatar

I'm not a huge fan of her. But I respect her, but I want new Prince music/album.. that's what is bothering me.. I don't want another protege project/album! that's it ..lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/13/12 5:44pm

HonestMan13

avatar

MJMia said:

Prince fans had pretty much enough of the protegees and projects. We see the same thing happening again he puts out CDs by protegees like Bria Valente and then we see her disappear with no explanation at all. I've seen how Bria has not been herself and Andy got "Princified" the same way as Bria was and maybe some don't want to see that anymore. Not only because she is not herself anymore but also because this new image doesn't fit her. She is not funky but she is forced to be funky. I don't think Andy has not done anything great but she is seeking for recoginition and her ways of doing that are not very genuine. The crypted messages on facebook, "captions" etc. are all just a poor attempt to make people be more interested in her and ask questions assuming the pictures were taken by Prince, why, how, where, are they together, are they not etc. It is either her doing it deliberately or just following Prince's instructions. She has become rather too fake to my taste. I find it odd that Prince always says "real music by real musicians" when it is quite obvious and even some of the fans who said they dig Andy admitted that they don't care her voice is weird because she is very pretty. So where does that fit into the "real music by real musicians" statement, I must ask? Prince found a pretty girl and turned her into his latest investment. Then he expects his fans to support it. Prince does this over and over again and it seems to me he is not likely to stop.

Don't take it personally. wink

[Edited 3/12/12 12:05pm]

Despite all the negativity aimed at Bria and Andy they jumped in FB fans when linked to Prince. so if the fans are tired of proteges with limited talent they have a weird way of showing it. Bria's project was unavoidable because it was attached to Prince's project so i can understand the resentment to a certain extent. Andy's project will be a solo disc and if the fans don't want to support it then they don't have to. The situation is that certain fans can't pass up a Prince related project anymore than they could pass up a Prince CD. They feel obligated to collect everything or feel they'll miss out if they don't. Liking the artist or the material becomes secondary and then they complain about the project once it's safely in their harddrive. Prince could form a band out of mannequins and people would still feel obligated to collect it but there's no gun to their head making them do it.

When eye go 2 a Prince concert or related event it's all heart up in the house but when eye log onto this site and the miasma of bitchiness is completely overwhelming!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/13/12 6:31pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

eye agree hope she goes further than Tamar & Bria did. The production sounds clear & crisp. Plus Prince is going the 6 song route like he did with his most successful act The Time...Can't lose with that..Plus she has the confidence of Sheila E....

eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 5 12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Can we lay off Andy Allo - Give the kid a break.