independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > New Prince quiz
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/28/10 2:39pm

Huggiebear

avatar

New Prince quiz

I have tried to list every Protege and well known musician who was worked with Prince, or had music done by Prince on their albums, including all the groups he wrote albums for or gave a song too. I have covered most, but really obscure ones like Me'lissa Morgan I have left out. The quiz is on sporcle, have a go

http://www.sporcle.com/ga...emusicians

If the link fails, just go to sporcle and look up contributed games - Music

Good luck!!!

Let me know what you think
So what are u going 2 do? R u just gonna sit there and watch? I'm not gonna stop until the war is over. Its gonna take a long time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/28/10 3:02pm

Efan

avatar

Fun quiz!

But are you really still insisting that Prince wrote "Stand Back"? Because he didn't.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/28/10 3:03pm

comegetwild

avatar

I clicked the link, saw this on my tab and got scared...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/28/10 3:07pm

Huggiebear

avatar

comegetwild said:

I clicked the link, saw this on my tab and got scared...


LMFAO
So what are u going 2 do? R u just gonna sit there and watch? I'm not gonna stop until the war is over. Its gonna take a long time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/28/10 9:38pm

ernestsewell

It's a bullshit quiz because it leaves out TONS of artists Prince has given songs to, like Joe Cocker, Brownmark, he's remixed a song and worked with Wendy & Lisa after they left. Elisa Fiorillo isn't in there, nor is Nona Hendryx, Nona Gaye, Minneapolis, George Clinton, Chaka Khan, etc.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/29/10 1:11am

Huggiebear

avatar

ernestsewell said:

It's a bullshit quiz because it leaves out TONS of artists Prince has given songs to, like Joe Cocker, Brownmark, he's remixed a song and worked with Wendy & Lisa after they left. Elisa Fiorillo isn't in there, nor is Nona Hendryx, Nona Gaye, Minneapolis, George Clinton, Chaka Khan, etc.

chair

Whats bullshit about it, all those people are accurate, I didn't want to overdo it , as I assume the average sporcle member is not a Prince fan.

Also I did include Elisa, George and Chaka, and I am unaware of Brownmark having a song written by Prince.

You're sour as you probably didn't get full marks. I mean surely if you know everything about Prince, you should have GOT full marks, you missed out George Clinton for crissake. err
So what are u going 2 do? R u just gonna sit there and watch? I'm not gonna stop until the war is over. Its gonna take a long time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/29/10 1:17am

ernestsewell

I've spoken.
[Edited 1/30/10 9:43am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/29/10 1:39am

oldpurple

avatar

carmen electra had an album at PP

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...en_Electra

She moved to California in the early 1990s, where she met Prince while auditioning for an all-girl rap group. Prince persuaded her to change her name to Carmen Electra and record a solo album. Soon after, she signed a recording contract with Prince's company Paisley Park Records, marking the start of her musical career.
[Edited 1/29/10 1:45am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/29/10 1:09pm

langebleu

avatar

moderator

I tried the second one and apparently I'm now a fully qualified project manager.
ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/29/10 4:00pm

Kudra23

avatar

A good bit of fun, although I only got 15...

...i'm blaming that on bad spelling
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/29/10 5:16pm

Huggiebear

avatar

ernestsewell said:

Huggiebear said:

Whats bullshit about it, all those people are accurate, I didn't want to overdo it , as I assume the average sporcle member is not a Prince fan.

Also I did include Elisa, George and Chaka, and I am unaware of Brownmark having a song written by Prince.

You're sour as you probably didn't get full marks. I mean surely if you know everything about Prince, you should have GOT full marks, you missed out George Clinton for crissake. err

If you included some of those people then you spelled their name wrong, which pretty much negates even trying to figure out how to spell it so it fits in. I pulled up Elisa's name to correctly spell it, and the test didn't recognize it. Didn't recognize George or Chaka either.

Don't flatter yourself with the "sour" bullshit. I put in every protege or anyone who has had an album/song with Prince in some fashion (directly). They didn't come up properly.

Once I realized spelling wasn't a big deal on the test, I didn't finish it. I'm supposed to guess the people, not the spelling variations.



I live in NEW ZEALAND, we don't have people with names like Fiorillo. I corrected it and amended it. You Amerocentric people really piss me off. Get a sense of humour and stop being such a tragic pedantic person. If you are so smart, why don't you make a quiz. We don't have Italian and Hispanic names in great quantity, as we are a mostly Anglo Saxon and Polynesian country. Therefore I can only really spell those names well, Italian, Jewish and Hispanic names will take longer with me, along with ghetto black names like TC Ellis. I know DAMN well I didn't get George Clinton and Chaka Khan wrong.
So what are u going 2 do? R u just gonna sit there and watch? I'm not gonna stop until the war is over. Its gonna take a long time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/29/10 6:15pm

ernestsewell

Huggiebear said:

I live in NEW ZEALAND, we don't have people with names like Fiorillo. I corrected it and amended it. You Amerocentric people really piss me off. Get a sense of humour and stop being such a tragic pedantic person. If you are so smart, why don't you make a quiz. We don't have Italian and Hispanic names in great quantity, as we are a mostly Anglo Saxon and Polynesian country. Therefore I can only really spell those names well, Italian, Jewish and Hispanic names will take longer with me, along with ghetto black names like TC Ellis. I know DAMN well I didn't get George Clinton and Chaka Khan wrong.



I'm smart enough to not have to make a quiz. That's the difference between you and me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/30/10 12:11am

Landonfunkmonk
ey

ernestsewell said:

Huggiebear said:

I live in NEW ZEALAND, we don't have people with names like Fiorillo. I corrected it and amended it. You Amerocentric people really piss me off. Get a sense of humour and stop being such a tragic pedantic person. If you are so smart, why don't you make a quiz. We don't have Italian and Hispanic names in great quantity, as we are a mostly Anglo Saxon and Polynesian country. Therefore I can only really spell those names well, Italian, Jewish and Hispanic names will take longer with me, along with ghetto black names like TC Ellis. I know DAMN well I didn't get George Clinton and Chaka Khan wrong.



I'm smart enough to not have to make a quiz. That's the difference between you and me.


You seem to have a reply on nearly every thread, and so often you come across as a hateful individual.

You must spend alot of time behind a computer screen. Are you grossly overweight?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/30/10 12:31am

Huggiebear

avatar

Landonfunkmonkey said:

ernestsewell said:




I'm smart enough to not have to make a quiz. That's the difference between you and me.


You seem to have a reply on nearly every thread, and so often you come across as a hateful individual.

You must spend alot of time behind a computer screen. Are you grossly overweight?



No, and what has that to do with anything? I just did an 11 kilometre walk today in our beautiful 80f January day.
So what are u going 2 do? R u just gonna sit there and watch? I'm not gonna stop until the war is over. Its gonna take a long time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/30/10 2:02am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

^ What has your exercise got to do with the original post?
[Edited 1/30/10 2:04am]
ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/30/10 8:40am

comegetwild

avatar

Landonfunkmonkey said:

ernestsewell said:




I'm smart enough to not have to make a quiz. That's the difference between you and me.


You seem to have a reply on nearly every thread, and so often you come across as a hateful individual.

You must spend alot of time behind a computer screen. Are you grossly overweight?



Is he really a hateful individual or just a brutally honest individual?

I'd go with the latter but it's a very fine line. wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/30/10 9:10am

ernestsewell

.
[Edited 1/30/10 9:42am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/30/10 9:41am

ernestsewell

.
[Edited 1/30/10 9:42am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/30/10 9:56am

Landonfunkmonk
ey

Huggiebear said:

Landonfunkmonkey said:



You seem to have a reply on nearly every thread, and so often you come across as a hateful individual.

You must spend alot of time behind a computer screen. Are you grossly overweight?



No, and what has that to do with anything? I just did an 11 kilometre walk today in our beautiful 80f January day.



Sorry, My Comment was aimed at horrible Ernest not you Huggie.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 01/30/10 10:37am

ernestsewell

Landonfunkmonkey said:

Huggiebear said:




No, and what has that to do with anything? I just did an 11 kilometre walk today in our beautiful 80f January day.



Sorry, My Comment was aimed at horrible Ernest not you Huggie.

LOL Yeah, cuz I'm such a horrible person. You dingbat.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 01/30/10 11:10am

Landonfunkmonk
ey

[snip - CarrieMpls]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 01/30/10 2:27pm

ernestsewell

[snip - CarrieMpls]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 01/30/10 8:59pm

Militant

avatar

moderator

[snip - CarrieMpls]

I didn't get snipped, I just wanted to write that. LOL
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 01/30/10 9:11pm

ernestsewell

Militant said:

[snip - CarrieMpls]

I didn't get snipped, I just wanted to write that. LOL

[snip - CarrieMpls]

ME TOO! hahaha
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 01/31/10 1:29am

comegetwild

avatar

ernestsewell said:

Militant said:

[snip - CarrieMpls]

I didn't get snipped, I just wanted to write that. LOL

[snip - CarrieMpls]

ME TOO! hahaha



Well I think that U are all a bunch of [snip - CarrieMpls] wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 01/31/10 3:51am

Huggiebear

avatar

Landonfunkmonkey said:

Huggiebear said:




No, and what has that to do with anything? I just did an 11 kilometre walk today in our beautiful 80f January day.



Sorry, My Comment was aimed at horrible Ernest not you Huggie.


Thats cool. I got worried, I thought he was my friend for a while, but I guess I was wrong. I just wanted to put some more Prince on sporcle, and got blasted for spelling Fiorello, Fiorillo or whatever wrong.
So what are u going 2 do? R u just gonna sit there and watch? I'm not gonna stop until the war is over. Its gonna take a long time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 01/31/10 3:52am

Huggiebear

avatar

ernestsewell said:

Huggiebear said:

I live in NEW ZEALAND, we don't have people with names like Fiorillo. I corrected it and amended it. You Amerocentric people really piss me off. Get a sense of humour and stop being such a tragic pedantic person. If you are so smart, why don't you make a quiz. We don't have Italian and Hispanic names in great quantity, as we are a mostly Anglo Saxon and Polynesian country. Therefore I can only really spell those names well, Italian, Jewish and Hispanic names will take longer with me, along with ghetto black names like TC Ellis. I know DAMN well I didn't get George Clinton and Chaka Khan wrong.



I'm smart enough to not have to make a quiz. That's the difference between you and me.


There are a lot of differences between you and me Ernest, but I don't want to get expelled from the org for stating them. The fact we are both gay men is about the only thing we have in common though.
[Edited 1/31/10 3:55am]
So what are u going 2 do? R u just gonna sit there and watch? I'm not gonna stop until the war is over. Its gonna take a long time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 01/31/10 8:36am

ernestsewell

Huggiebear said:

ernestsewell said:




I'm smart enough to not have to make a quiz. That's the difference between you and me.


There are a lot of differences between you and me Ernest, but I don't want to get expelled from the org for stating them. The fact we are both gay men is about the only thing we have in common though.

I'm not keeping a list, nor do I care about similar I am to anyone, or not. So if you're taking some sort of pride in being "different than that guy", go for it. You know what they say.....CELEBRATE DIVERSITY. rolleyes
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > New Prince quiz