independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 26th Feb 2020 11:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Did Vanity/Denise Ever Stop to think about this?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/31/09 11:11pm

Diana80

Did Vanity/Denise Ever Stop to think about this?

I've followed this site for a few years now, and I've always just read the forums rather than post on them, but I joined just to post this topic:

Vanity/Denise claims that her book is done, and her latest excuse is that the "publishing" rolleyes of it is what's holding it up from being released. Now I, like many others, have waited literally YEARS for this book to be released while Ms. Matthews comes up with one excuse after another for it's delay. At this point I don't even care about it anymore (and especially after reading the excerpt from the book she released that you practically have to de-code to try to understand). However, I feel bad for the people that have paid for a book that they never got, and it made me wonder, why doesn't Denise just make the damn book an e-book (electronic book)? She could simply put the book in a electronic format, post it on her site, and then give the people who bought it some sort of password to access it or whatever. There would be no printing costs, she'd be saving trees, and she wouldn't have to give anymore lame excuses for it's holdup. I was one of Vanity's biggest fans, but lets be honest - a minor has-been 80's celebrity spending 16 years or whatever writing and re-writing a book and delaying it's release over and over is ridiculous.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/01/10 1:45am

BlaqueKnight

avatar

The Lord doesn't like ebooks?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/01/10 6:32am

funksterr

Diana80 said:

I've followed this site for a few years now, and I've always just read the forums rather than post on them, but I joined just to post this topic:

Vanity/Denise claims that her book is done, and her latest excuse is that the "publishing" rolleyes of it is what's holding it up from being released. Now I, like many others, have waited literally YEARS for this book to be released while Ms. Matthews comes up with one excuse after another for it's delay. At this point I don't even care about it anymore (and especially after reading the excerpt from the book she released that you practically have to de-code to try to understand). However, I feel bad for the people that have paid for a book that they never got, and it made me wonder, why doesn't Denise just make the damn book an e-book (electronic book)? She could simply put the book in a electronic format, post it on her site, and then give the people who bought it some sort of password to access it or whatever. There would be no printing costs, she'd be saving trees, and she wouldn't have to give anymore lame excuses for it's holdup. I was one of Vanity's biggest fans, but lets be honest - a minor has-been 80's celebrity spending 16 years or whatever writing and re-writing a book and delaying it's release over and over is ridiculous.


Well at least you aren't bitter about it or anything. biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/02/10 1:22am

Diana80

funksterr said:



Well at least you aren't bitter about it or anything. biggrin


Not at all! lol I was one of her biggest fans, but lets be honest: not much of her work was very successful (even though I liked her). My point is that at the end of the day her story is just another story about going from rags to riches and then getting caught up in drugs and then turning her life to God after a wake up call. Stories like that are a dime a dozen and it don't take 16 years to write. And I don't think it's right that some people have paid for a book they never got.

Anyways, it was just a suggestion...the Lord told me to come on here to post it! lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/04/10 2:55am

SoulAlive

The situation with the book is absurd.At this point,I don't even want to read it shrug So glad that I didn't pre-order it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/04/10 2:57am

SoulAlive

Diana80 said:

I was one of her biggest fans, but lets be honest: not much of her work was very successful (even though I liked her). My point is that at the end of the day her story is just another story about going from rags to riches and then getting caught up in drugs and then turning her life to God after a wake up call. Stories like that are a dime a dozen and it don't take 16 years to write. And I don't think it's right that some people have paid for a book they never got.


I agree! Vanity's story isn't unique.Many other rock stars and celebrities have gone down that route,and have written books about it.I actually think it's kinda boring to read these type of autobiographies.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/04/10 7:45am

NouveauDance

avatar

Do you even think it would be worth reading even if it ever did come out?

I'd rather read an unofficial biography than one written by some religious nutter.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/07/10 9:30pm

Diana80

SoulAlive said:

The situation with the book is absurd.At this point,I don't even want to read it shrug So glad that I didn't pre-order it.


You and me both. And to think that at one time the book was being charged for like $200 and people actually paid money in advance and never got anything! eek I've also given up on the book, especially after her saying on TBN that it won't have much gossip. Sorry, but if I want to read a book preaching to me, then I'll just read the bible.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/07/10 9:34pm

Diana80

NouveauDance said:

Do you even think it would be worth reading even if it ever did come out?

I'd rather read an unofficial biography than one written by some religious nutter.


After reading that excerpt that she posted on her website, I don't think it'll be worth reading...her writing style is too strange.

I also think that an unofficial biography would've been great...10 years ago. Unfortunately, I don't think there would be much interest at this point.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Did Vanity/Denise Ever Stop to think about this?