independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 12th Nov 2019 8:58am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > prince.org site discussion > thought this was a p site
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/20/14 9:06pm

rafael

avatar

thought this was a p site

Strange we r not allowed to talk about a private event ....
My thread about cafe de paris got deleted....strange...
[Edited 5/20/14 21:07pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/20/14 10:49pm

onlymatt

avatar

There are two levels of P fans mate didn't you know?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/20/14 11:14pm

dualboot

avatar

I'm not sure if this was a Mod error but I find it strange indeed. maybe some more info would be nice. I can imagine they don't want to flock the place and street beforehand but they also made it public.

Any more info on this show and the reason we can not discuss this?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/20/14 11:54pm

strawberrybubb
legum

avatar

dualboot said:

I'm not sure if this was a Mod error but I find it strange indeed. maybe some more info would be nice. I can imagine they don't want to flock the place and street beforehand but they also made it public.



Any more info on this show and the reason we can not discuss this?



Just was told its a private event. I don't get it. neutral
Whatever you heard about me is true
I change the rules and do what I wanna do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/21/14 1:09am

SquirrelMeat

avatar

I don't get it.

Even if a request came in to ask for it to be private, that should apply to the news publication, not open speech forum.

Its all over the internet and radio. Besides, if its for charity, surely awareness is the ultimate goal, or was it a charade of Luuvies to have their way. Non publication on here has led to hardcore fans not being aware, while members of the public could pay on the door for entry. That makes it a PUBLIC event, however you dress it up.

There is no law preventing publication, so it either means someone was getting a freebie or the site has decided to restrict posts placed within the rules or law of free speech.

What happens if a request comes in to restrict talk of unreleased music?

The silly thing about it, why not just post the reason.
.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/21/14 1:15am

Horse

Seems pretty obvious to me that the Cafe De Paris gig discussion thread was removed because they didn't want fans going down there last night on the hope that they might get in. Also perhaps certain people on the Prince Org had a vested interest in trying to keep a lid on it.

In my over 25 yrs time as a Prince gig goer I've come to realise that some Prince fans can be very very secretive, selfishly so, when it comes to sharing info about certain events. As some of you know its happened, perhaps to you, several times over the years.

I've seen some pretty, shall we say, "determined" fans do some pretty shitty things over the years, in their single minded desperation to either get in to a show/event or/and get to the very front of the stage barrier. I even know one person who phoned into work sick saying their Grandmother had died disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/21/14 1:21am

Ppenguin

Horse said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that the Cafe De Paris gig discussion thread was removed because they didn't want fans going down there last night on the hope that they might get in. Also perhaps certain people on the Prince Org had a vested interest in trying to keep a lid on it.


In my over 25 yrs time as a Prince gig goer I've come to realise that some Prince fans can be very very secretive, selfishly so, when it comes to sharing info about certain events. As some of you know its happened, perhaps to you, several times over the years.


I've seen some pretty, shall we say, "determined" fans do some pretty shitty things over the years, in their single minded desperation to either get in to a show/event or/and get to the very front of the stage barrier. I even know one person who phoned into work sick saying their Grandmother had died disbelief




Equally there are those like Domebaby69 and her brother who share and share hence myself and others made that final Indigo aftershow...now my 2nd best gig after slipping to 19th May
P-p-e-n-g-u-i-n......the P is silent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/21/14 1:34am

Horse

SquirrelMeat said:

I don't get it. Even if a request came in to ask for it to be private, that should apply to the news publication, not open speech forum. Its all over the internet and radio. Besides, if its for charity, surely awareness is the ultimate goal, or was it a charade of Luuvies to have their way. Non publication on here has led to hardcore fans not being aware, while members of the public could pay on the door for entry. That makes it a PUBLIC event, however you dress it up. There is no law preventing publication, so it either means someone was getting a freebie or the site has decided to restrict posts placed within the rules or law of free speech. What happens if a request comes in to restrict talk of unreleased music? The silly thing about it, why not just post the reason.

Hi SquirrelMeat smile I did my best to try and bump the (now since removed) thread to keep it near the top of this forum in the hope that at least some fans would pick up that is was a genuine event and not just a rumour.

I was aware that the event was genuinely happening a day or so before but knowing that I had little to no chance of entry and that it would be way beyond my budget I didn't even bother making the over 100 mile trip to London.

Sorry for tiny print, not sure what happened there lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/21/14 1:38am

fnksoul

Does seem pretty bad to remove it because maybe it was billed as a private event, but you could buy a ticket on the website for it or even queue to get in if you made the donation.

.

Seems the event was to raise money/awareness, I cant imagine it mattered too much who knew about it as long as people paid their cash/donation to go who cares?

.

Unless they was trying tp pirmarily aim it at "Celebs"

[Edited 5/21/14 1:43am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/21/14 1:48am

slimeyc

fnksoul said:

Does seem pretty bad to remove it because maybe it was billed as a private event, but you could buy a ticket on the website for it or even queue to get in if you made the donation.

.

Seems the event was to raise money/awareness, I cant imagine it mattered too much who knew about it as long as people paid their cash/donation to go who cares?

.

Unless they was trying tp pirmarily aim it at "Celebs"

[Edited 5/21/14 1:43am]

In fairness the 'rumour' was out last week but I'm not sure that anyone believed it. I did see on twitter last night and the FB page that it was definitely on but by that time I didnt have any chance to make it into London.......it did seem rather hush hush this week. Not sure if thats by design or just noone knew exactly what was going on till last night.

As someone said there are fans and then there are FANS. I dont have time to monitor every tweet, fb post etc but some do and seem to always pop up at these small events. They invest the time and good luck to them.....

Now lets hope for a little more London time but I fear this is really it for the UK for this year.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/21/14 1:50am

Horse

fnksoul said:

Does seem pretty bad to remove it because maybe it was billed as a private event, but you could buy a ticket on the website for it or even queue to get in if you made the donation.

.

Seems the event was to raise money/awareness, I cant imagine it mattered too much who knew about it as long as people paid their cash/donation to go who cares?

.

Unless they was trying tp pirmarily aim it at "Celebs"

[Edited 5/21/14 1:43am]

As i alluded to in my post above, i still think certain people had a vested interest in keeping the thing quiet, or at least as quiet as they could.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/21/14 2:18am

Horse

...and this thread will no doubt be locked or removed in

...3, 2, 1

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/21/14 3:11am

fnksoul

What I am finding strange is, there is little to no media attention for this either, (Today i mean) All i've see is this story on Daily mail about someone I've never heard of attending? Surely if its a brand new charity with someone like Prince headlining it it should be in the press to raise awareness of the charity? Very stupid! http://www.dailymail.co.u...y-man.html

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/21/14 5:59am

rafael

avatar

it is strange that there wasnt given a reason to lock it....Just locked. And the info i shared was on twitter with complete info last week. So i guess it was no harm to share. Sensorship.... smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/21/14 6:06am

Scotsman1999

Some really good fashion tips in that article, I must say.

"I'm much too hot to be cool"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/21/14 6:06am

maplenpg

avatar

fnksoul said:

What I am finding strange is, there is little to no media attention for this either, (Today i mean) All i've see is this story on Daily mail about someone I've never heard of attending? Surely if its a brand new charity with someone like Prince headlining it it should be in the press to raise awareness of the charity? Very stupid! http://www.dailymail.co.u...y-man.html

I really am getting old. All this 'who's attending?' and 'what are they wearing?' and 'who are they leaving with?' drives me nuts. Give me a gig full of 'proper' Prince fans over a gig full of unknown celebs anyday smile

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/21/14 6:09am

RaspBerryGirlF
riend

avatar

fnksoul said:

What I am finding strange is, there is little to no media attention for this either, (Today i mean) All i've see is this story on Daily mail about someone I've never heard of attending? Surely if its a brand new charity with someone like Prince headlining it it should be in the press to raise awareness of the charity? Very stupid! http://www.dailymail.co.u...y-man.html

Ugh, look at all the awful people who attended: Michael McIntyre, Alan Carr, lots of women who are far prettier than I am. How many times have you listened to the Rainbow Children you pretty but vacuous women? Yeah, I thought so.

Heavenly wine and roses seems to whisper to me when you smile...
Always cry for love, never cry for pain...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/21/14 7:15am

Ppenguin

RaspBerryGirlFriend said:



fnksoul said:


What I am finding strange is, there is little to no media attention for this either, (Today i mean) All i've see is this story on Daily mail about someone I've never heard of attending? Surely if its a brand new charity with someone like Prince headlining it it should be in the press to raise awareness of the charity? Very stupid! http://www.dailymail.co.u...y-man.html



Ugh, look at all the awful people who attended: Michael McIntyre, Alan Carr, lots of women who are far prettier than I am. How many times have you listened to the Rainbow Children you pretty but vacuous women? Yeah, I thought so.





Probably more than I have to be fair smile
P-p-e-n-g-u-i-n......the P is silent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/21/14 7:58am

onlymatt

avatar

It all stinks. I miss taking the p**s out of wolfie, that really gave us a 'team spirit' Now it is all me me me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/21/14 9:08am

bobzilla77

Ah, if he wants to do the occasional media circle jerk private gig for charity or whatever, I think that's OK. And if they want it kept quiet to avoid a security problem out front, understandable. I don't need to know there's a gig going on in my town that I can't attend.

We don't have an all-access pass to the guy's life.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/21/14 10:13am

MissMarySharon

To be honest I can't believe Prince even knows who half these people are. Looks like one big publicity exercise for them.

Nothing wrong with his doing a charity gig of course.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/21/14 10:15am

allwaystired

Ah, give me a real gig with genuine fans everyday, rather than a bunch of so called 'celebrities' I don't recognise or respect on any level whatsoever who have only attended because they have the money and their agent told them to. Souless shite.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/21/14 11:28am

Ppenguin

Wow...this escalated into something that sounds like bitterness fairly quickly. Fact of the matter is they wanted to raise as much as possible, he's a legend even to celebs, celebs have more money, more money is the aim ...there you go
P-p-e-n-g-u-i-n......the P is silent
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/21/14 2:02pm

fnksoul

Ppenguin said:

Wow...this escalated into something that sounds like bitterness fairly quickly. Fact of the matter is they wanted to raise as much as possible, he's a legend even to celebs, celebs have more money, more money is the aim ...there you go

.

.

I couldn't care about not attending or knowing as im in manchester, I have better things to spend £1000 upwards on I'm more than happy with seeing him 3 times this year. I find it more odd that there have been no awareness of the charity surely the media should have drawn a little more attention to the whole point of it rather than just who attended. Whats the point in a charity that no one knows about? Because I didnt know of it before hearing about the gig. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/21/14 2:39pm

spongebobgeorg
e

In my humble opinion, Prince (like any other artist) agreed to perform on the understanding that this was a private invitation only gig. As with all private gigs the organisers weren't permitted to mention that Prince was performing, one reason being that he didn't want to disappoint fans who may want to see him and couldn't get entry, and so result in negativity towards him. Non-private gigs, ie "public", are publicised and ticketed. Private gigs would be events like weddings, birthday parties, etc. I think he was booked for George Lucas's wedding.

See this link: http://www.businessinside...rty-2013-7

The charity wanted to raise money (as all charities do) and they did this by asking each person attending for a donation. It therefore invited people with deep pockets.

It also wanted to create publicity by inviting celebs and therefore getting more exposure in the press. I hope that makes sense?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/21/14 2:55pm

MissMarySharon

Yes it does, I can see the points you're making here.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/21/14 8:57pm

theblueangel

avatar

It makes absolutely no sense that Luv locked that thread, but it certainly isn't the first time she's made erratic and illogical moderating decisions.

There have been dozens and dozens of "private gigs" that had threads on here. Shit, all of the shows he had at the "3121" mansion in LA were private, but we still discussed them. Why in the world wouldn't we?

No confusion, no tears. No enemies, no fear. No sorrow, no pain. No ball, no chain.

Sex is not love. Love is not sex. Putting words in other people's mouths will only get you elected.

Need more sleep than coke or methamphetamine.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/21/14 9:18pm

filthyrichyupp
ie

I've experienced some odd moderator behavior of late. Blind, inexplicable action/reaction. This site gets less "independent" and "unofficial" by the day. This place may have been got to.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/22/14 3:54am

friend2001

Horse said:

Seems pretty obvious to me that the Cafe De Paris gig discussion thread was removed because they didn't want fans going down there last night on the hope that they might get in. Also perhaps certain people on the Prince Org had a vested interest in trying to keep a lid on it.

In my over 25 yrs time as a Prince gig goer I've come to realise that some Prince fans can be very very secretive, selfishly so, when it comes to sharing info about certain events. As some of you know its happened, perhaps to you, several times over the years.

I've seen some pretty, shall we say, "determined" fans do some pretty shitty things over the years, in their single minded desperation to either get in to a show/event or/and get to the very front of the stage barrier. I even know one person who phoned into work sick saying their Grandmother had died disbelief

well you can actually use that one twice.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/22/14 4:08am

naffi

avatar

filthyrichyuppie said:

I've experienced some odd moderator behavior of late. Blind, inexplicable action/reaction. This site gets less "independent" and "unofficial" by the day. This place may have been got to.


yeahthat quite sad really

I thought the idea of these sort of events was not only to raise money but also to raise the publics awareness. Has anyone heard how much they raised?

I love his shoes/boots!! Pity there were not pics of his performance

.
[Edited 5/22/14 4:13am]
You know you are in love, when you cannot fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams - Dr Seuss
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > prince.org site discussion > thought this was a p site