independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 13th Oct 2019 1:17pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Meetup in NYC before the Andy Allo show Saturday 4/18
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/13/15 10:23am

sexton

avatar

Meetup in NYC before the Andy Allo show Saturday 4/18


Andy Allo is playing in NYC at Mercury Lounge on Saturday April 18th at 7:30. The last time she performed there last year, a couple of us attended and had a good time. Do any orgers want to hang out before and/or after the show on Saturday?

Thekidsgirl will be visiting from Baltimore that day and plans on seeing the Björk exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art in the afternoon and I most likely will as well. So if anyone wants to join us they are certainly invited. I'm also open to a quick dinner/drinks before or after the show, whatever works for most people.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/14/15 6:28am

PurpleJedi

avatar

party

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/14/15 9:59am

thekidsgirl

avatar

Woo hoo! dancing jig . I'll be there, and a long lost orger may make an appearence too.

.
[Edited 4/14/15 15:42pm]
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/14/15 12:42pm

sexton

avatar

Anyone attending, please bring adult beverage suggestions for thekidsgirl. I recall she very much enjoyed the one given to her by PurpleJedi at the Seattle invasion.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/14/15 4:06pm

thekidsgirl

avatar

neutral
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/14/15 4:09pm

thekidsgirl

avatar

After a few drinks, I'll get all loopy, miss my ride home and will have to sleep on the cold streets of New York, turning tricks to make ends meet.

If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/14/15 5:18pm

chocolate1

avatar

I'm so excited!!! excited

I have to work 8-3 on Saturday, but I can't wait to see you guys at the show... touched


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/15/15 7:29am

sexton

avatar

thekidsgirl said:

After a few drinks, I'll get all loopy, miss my ride home and will have to sleep on the cold streets of New York, turning tricks to make ends meet.


The Three-card Monte trick gets people every time. I recommend you learn that one.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/15/15 7:32am

sexton

avatar

chocolate1 said:

I'm so excited!!! excited

I have to work 8-3 on Saturday, but I can't wait to see you guys at the show... touched


Since another show is booked at the venue at 10pm, I expect this one to be over by 9:30. What is your curfew?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/15/15 8:07am

chocolate1

avatar

sexton said:

chocolate1 said:

I'm so excited!!! excited

I have to work 8-3 on Saturday, but I can't wait to see you guys at the show... touched


Since another show is booked at the venue at 10pm, I expect this one to be over by 9:30. What is your curfew?

I don't have one... biggrin


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/15/15 8:35am

sexton

avatar

chocolate1 said:

sexton said:


Since another show is booked at the venue at 10pm, I expect this one to be over by 9:30. What is your curfew?

I don't have one... biggrin


We can play it by ear that night regarding how everyone feels about hanging out when the show ends. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/15/15 8:41am

thekidsgirl

avatar

sexton said:



thekidsgirl said:



After a few drinks, I'll get all loopy, miss my ride home and will have to sleep on the cold streets of New York, turning tricks to make ends meet.




The Three-card Monte trick gets people every time. I recommend you learn that one.



I prefer magic tricks. They feel less dishonest.

I'm in the city until 11. That was the latest leaving time before 1am
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/15/15 8:49am

sexton

avatar

thekidsgirl said:


sexton said:


The Three-card Monte trick gets people every time. I recommend you learn that one.

I prefer magic tricks. They feel less dishonest. I'm in the city until 11. That was the latest leaving time before 1am


What about after 1am? New York is the city that never sleeps!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/15/15 8:58am

thekidsgirl

avatar

sexton said:



thekidsgirl said:




sexton said:



The Three-card Monte trick gets people every time. I recommend you learn that one.



I prefer magic tricks. They feel less dishonest. I'm in the city until 11. That was the latest leaving time before 1am


What about after 1am? New York is the city that never sleeps!



I didn't know how late we were hangin, so I figured I'd go with the earlier time. Standing alone on 11th ave, waiting for the sun to rise ain't sexy sad
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/15/15 9:10am

PurpleJedi

avatar

thekidsgirl said:

sexton said:


What about after 1am? New York is the city that never sleeps!

I didn't know how late we were hangin, so I figured I'd go with the earlier time. Standing alone on 11th ave, waiting for the sun to rise ain't sexy sad


NYC is just getting started at 11:00!


By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/15/15 9:28am

thekidsgirl

avatar

Okay, next time you guys are up to hang all night, let me know, and I'll just hang out til breakfast! biggrin
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/15/15 9:54am

sexton

avatar

PurpleJedi said:

thekidsgirl said:

I didn't know how late we were hangin, so I figured I'd go with the earlier time. Standing alone on 11th ave, waiting for the sun to rise ain't sexy sad


NYC is just getting started at 11:00!



She wants to rush home to watch the premiere of Orphan Black that night before I text her spoilers while I watch it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/15/15 9:57am

sexton

avatar

Saturday is also Record Store Day so that is another option for people free during the day.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/15/15 10:04am

chocolate1

avatar

sexton said:

Saturday is also Record Store Day so that is another option for people free during the day.

pout

See now... I TOLD you I have to work. cry


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/15/15 10:06am

thekidsgirl

avatar

sexton said:



PurpleJedi said:




thekidsgirl said:


I didn't know how late we were hangin, so I figured I'd go with the earlier time. Standing alone on 11th ave, waiting for the sun to rise ain't sexy sad


NYC is just getting started at 11:00!





She wants to rush home to watch the premiere of Orphan Black that night before I text her spoilers while I watch it.


hmmm If I get enough drinks in you, maybe you'll go home and go straight to bed and I can send spoilers to you that night!
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/15/15 10:07am

chocolate1

avatar

thekidsgirl said:

sexton said:


What about after 1am? New York is the city that never sleeps!

I didn't know how late we were hangin, so I figured I'd go with the earlier time. Standing alone on 11th ave, waiting for the sun to rise ain't sexy sad

lol

I've spent the night in Penn Station after missing the last train to NJ. I get that....


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/15/15 10:09am

thekidsgirl

avatar

chocolate1 said:



sexton said:


Saturday is also Record Store Day so that is another option for people free during the day.





pout



See now... I TOLD you I have to work. cry



I'll insist that no one brags about any good finds bought, while you are around comfort
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/15/15 10:13am

chocolate1

avatar

thekidsgirl said:

chocolate1 said:

pout

See now... I TOLD you I have to work. cry

I'll insist that no one brags about any good finds bought, while you are around comfort

touched hug


"Love Hurts.
Your lies, they cut me.
Now your words don't mean a thing.
I don't give a damn if you ever loved me..."

-Cher, "Woman's World"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/15/15 2:21pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

sexton said:

Saturday is also Record Store Day so that is another option for people free during the day.


woot!

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/20/15 6:29am

PurpleJedi

avatar

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/20/15 3:49pm

sexton

avatar

It was great seeing you guys!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/22/15 9:10pm

PurpleJedi

avatar

sexton said:

It was great seeing you guys!


nod

By St. Boogar and all the saints at the backside door of Purgatory!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/23/15 2:36pm

thekidsgirl

avatar

PurpleJedi said:



sexton said:


It was great seeing you guys!




nod




let's do it again soon grouphug
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/23/15 3:17pm

sexton

avatar

thekidsgirl said:


PurpleJedi said:


nod

let's do it again soon grouphug


Yes, very soon. 3some 69

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/23/15 7:50pm

thekidsgirl

avatar

sexton said:



thekidsgirl said:




PurpleJedi said:



nod



let's do it again soon grouphug


Yes, very soon. 3some 69




eek Are we talking Org meet-ups or orgy meet-ups now?! spank
If you will, so will I
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Fan Gatherings > Meetup in NYC before the Andy Allo show Saturday 4/18