independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 26th Feb 2020 10:53pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > My experience in Minnesota and Touring Paisley Park! Oct12th-16th, 2016
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/21/16 12:12am

purpleforeverl
ove

My experience in Minnesota and Touring Paisley Park! Oct12th-16th, 2016

To whom it may concern,

If I've uploaded any videos that's not allowed on here please inbox me and I'll edit this and take it down, thank you. <3


My experience in Minnesota and Touring Paisley Park! Oct12th-16th, 2016

On Oct 13, 14 and 15th i had the pleasure of touring Prince’s home Paisley Park Studios Park in Chanhassen Minnesota. I asked several friends and family members would they like 2 come with me 2 Minnesota. Some couldn't make it because they had 2 work, i didn't give them enough notice and other’s couldn’t afford it. When something has 2 be done you have 2 do it even if it means you have 2 travel alone. I receive some discouraging comment’s like how could i travel so far alone. I thought 2 myself... Because I’m a grown women! lol 1f642.png

https://youtu.be/y3MjxWn5W9M


I move 2 California in 2011 only knowing one persons and realizing i really didn’t know her at all. So there i was in this big city for 4 years alone! You can’t go through life waiting for someone 2 hold your hand every where you go or you'll miss out! One of Prince Quotes is “ COOL MEANS BEING ALBLE 2 HANG WITH YOURSELF”
(Less drama and i enjoyed the experience of meeting people who love Prince and his music as much as i do) Before i left 2 go 2 Minnesota on Oct12 ,2016 some gave their personal opinions such as I’m idolizing Prince and they hoped when i return home he’ll be out of my system. If i listened 2 these negative comments you wouldn't see me in his home standing next 2 his Piano & Guitar, LOL. 1f642.pngsmile You have 2 learn 2 take a chance in life even if you stand alone! The one's who's doing the judging remember you'll be judged!


Prince music has touched so many people's heart’s all over the world. It's a Prince thing that some will never understand!


On Wednesday when i arrived Minneapolis 10/12/16 Michelle picked me up from the airport. So many people in the airport were wearing Purple. I checked the internet 2 find out some of the Prince event's that was going on Minnesota. The first day that i arrived i met some of Prince fam. at the movie theater. We laugh and cried together as we watched “ Under The Cherry Moon & Sign O’ The Time.

Prince hated the word fan's he called us his family, the rainbow children! Thursday10/13/16 I had the pleasure of touring Paisley Park for the first time in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Words can’t describe how beautiful Prince’s home is. As you enter each room you feel him, his energy the music and love that he put into creating Paisley Park! It was so hard 2 hold back the tears at times for so many personal reason’s. My dream is 2 visit Paisley Park again with my mother and children. The lady that was touring us asked me what was one of my favorite Prince songs? i wanted 2 say” Sea Of Everything” i decided not 2 because many people haven't heard this song because his cd 20TEN wasn't realease in the United States so i yelled ‘’ The Beautiful Ones” The lady that toured our group through Paisley Park told us that our group would be called “ The Beautiful Ones” As i enter each room i Reminisce on how "All good things never last " Prince has gone 2 soon! (Tears) 1f641.pngsad Later on that night All of the purple family gather together at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN. 2 celebrate Prince’s Legacy. Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson called the night a memorial for fans. ( Prince Purple Family) New Power Generation led by Morris Hayes, and members of 3rdEyeGirl, Mayte, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Shelby J, Morris Daye And The Time, Juith Hill Mint Condition and so many more entertainers express their love for Prince and his music. As they performed it was about Prince and not themselves. As one of the bands performed ''Sometimes It Snows In April" i notice a lady sitting beside me wiping her tears. I put my arms around her. It's so hard 2 listen 2 this song because this is when Prince left us in April. 6/7/1958 - 4/21/2016

That night Dove's were really crying 1f641.png
Before the concert end everyone held up their lighters screaming Purple Rain, Purple Rain!
All of the performers stood on stage together and held hands as we listened 2 Prince sing Purple Rain. Michelle and i couldn't do anything but cry and hug each other.
1f641.pngsad This is a moment that I'll never forget and i was so blessed 2 be a part of this event.
The 5 hour Prince Memorial was all about the love so many felt for Prince.

CAN'T BELIVE I WAS HERE!!!

https://youtu.be/6-e_jNgN6Xo

https://youtu.be/n672hplPfGg

The after party was Awesome, we got 2 see how Prince really partied. Concert then the after parties.It was a pleasure meeting Michelle one of Prince fans. (family) we were together everyday. She told me it felt like we've know each other for ten years. it was a pleasure 2 meet so many who has performed in Prince bands in the past at the after party. Juith Hill and Shelby J was also at the after party. I was happy 2 see Sueann Carwell one of Prince original female singers who i met through my Uncle George Clinton when i lived in California. Sueann has performed with my uncle in concerts also.

https://youtu.be/175qCXVHBhQ

Sueann Carwell Screen Test

I was so excited 2 meet some of the band members who once performed with Prince. i gave some of them my cd and they promised they would listen 2 it. i didn't get 2 meet Shelby J or Judith Hill but i gave out extra cds and ask would they give them a copy. I also gave Kirk a cd at Paisly park after he talked 2 our group. i don't know why i was so nervous, lol i met him in the studio A or studio B rooms, i can't remember. I hope they'll appreciate my lyrics '' AIN'T NO PARTY LIKE AN OLD SKOOL PARTY " It's spoken words that i wrote about Prince four years ago. i don't know why i never mailed it 2 Paisley Park. i guess i thought i still had time, i never thought Prince would leave us any time soon.


I've exchange phone numbers with so many of my Purple family. We plan on meeting together for the next Prince event. On Friday 14th & Saturday Oct 15th Michelle and i toured Paisley Park for the 3rd and last time before returning home. We purchase the v.i.p tour that included having this picture taken. We also ate one of Prince's vegan meals, the food was so delicious. After the tour Michelle and i went 2 the Kingdom Hall that Prince use 2 attend that's around the corner from Paisley Park. We talked 2 one of the elders who told us Prince once was in their congregation before he started going 2 Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in St. Louis Park in Minneapolis. We wanted 2 find out the time of service because we planned on going 2 the meeting on Sunday.


https://youtu.be/aNJ1s_5PB0U

After we left the Kingdom Hall we went 2 Purple Rain house in Minneapolis. ( The house that the movie Purple Rain was filmed ) There we met some more of Prince fams. We planned on going 2 the Kingdom Hall on Oct 16th before returning home. Because of an unfortunate situation we couldn't make it.
Through all the tears when asked why did God take Prince away i tried 2 comfort Michelle by letting her know that God didn't take Prince away from us and we'll see Prince again in Paradise! Once i returned home and got off of the plane the tears began 2 fall. 1f641.pngsad This was such a beautiful time that i spent in Minnesota, i guess you can say this is closure for all of the Prince fam. That traveled 2 Minnesota from all over the world. This occasion was about love. When one man died the whole world cried! Since I’ve returned home I’ve talked on the phone 2 some of the Purple Family that i met in Minnesota. I have so many personal reason why Prince leaving us hurts so bad that i keep deep inside. Prince thank you for the music,and bringing so many people together. You taught us that love comes from the heart, you've have always brought all people together. That night proved that through your music you've taught us through Jehovah God, The Christ And Music Which Is A Universal Language we're Able 2 Love And Come Together As One!

Hopefully one day this won't hurt so bad!
Thought you would alway's be here, Gone 2 Soon! 1f641.pngsad



Looking forward 2 seeing you again in Paradise. As i look at this picture that was taken in his home I'll try not 2 hold on 2 the pain, I'll hold on 2 the memories of touring Paisley Park It was a dream come true! We'll always love you Prince. Looking forward 2 Seeing you again in Paradise, In The Purple Rain Then we'll sing '' One Song''



https://youtu.be/eQNZf1WEnTo

Love this song by George Benson And Celine Dion

https://youtu.be/xqwmUP4NEho

This experience has taught me that when something has 2 be done you do it! I just had 2 be there because Prince's music has had such a effect on my journey life. How many of us has been hurt by the " The Beautiful One's " some one that we ''Adore'' If you're not one of the Purple Rainbow children you'll never understand. You'll never get it, IT'S A PRINCE THING THAT YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND. 1f642.pngsmile It has nothing 2 do with idolizing it's about Prince's music, in his lyrics he spoke real talk! Prince has taught me 2 " Free Myself " From all of the negativity.
He proved that people really can change if you have a
Spiritual Relationship with our heavenly creator. Those who was with Prince in the beginning could see that he was a changed person. Hopefully as we get older and mature we'll make changes in our lives 2 become better, wiser and a spiritual person. It will never be another Prince, he'll be in our children history books. One of my Grandchildren told me that her chorus teacher are teaching them about Prince the artist and they're learning some of his songs. We'll alway's love you and I'm so honor that i had a part of celebrating Prince life & Legacy. Looking forward 2 meeting you in Paradise in
the Purple Rain!

https://youtu.be/DTXgfQailV0

So glad i was here at the 5 hour long musical tribute to Prince at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, October 13th, 2016. Performed by members of the NPG, Stevie Wonder, and other musical guests. This has been one of my favorite vacations in life, it was a experience that I'll always remember. Going 2 Minnesota and returning home every time i seen someone in purple or with a Prince shirt on we would ask are you going 2 or coming from the Prince Tribute. Then we would hug each other like we've know each other all of our lives. Prince would be so happy 2 see how much he was really loved. This was my beautiful experience in Minnesota and Touring Paisley Park on Oct12th-16th, 2016. Thank you Prince, your music has helped me get through this thing called life! Since I've returned home i can't stop crying, maybe this was 2 much for me actually going in his home. I asked a friend once what would i do if Prince died and i was told he might what will you do? My friend from afar you know who you are, you never told me that it would hurt this bad, I feel so guilty because I've never cried this much for anyone who's died. God has revealed so much 2 me that i keep quite about but i still feel so sad. No more concerts, No more videos, No more seeing Prince face on my television screen, No more Prince. My dreams almost came true meeting Prince but unfortunately things didn't work out. I pray that Jehovah God & the Christ stop these tears from flowing!

https://youtu.be/rUFXJfHrIhw

Mariah Carey -Never Forge...ith lyrics


https://youtu.be/UXxRyNvTPr8

Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men... Sweet Day





Hopefully one day this won't hurt so bad. cry We'll alway's love you, 2764.png<3
R.I.P Prince 2764.png<3

https://youtu.be/H8kVPn8mx7c

https://youtu.be/aVlbbk4SPC4

2764.png<3 2764.png<3 2764.png<3

https://youtu.be/LjcAI1QEdJ0

Mariah Carey - Without You sad sad sad



[Edited 10/24/16 1:29am]

[Edited 10/24/16 2:04am]

[Edited 10/24/16 2:36am]

[Edited 11/1/16 18:14pm]

[Edited 11/21/16 18:49pm]

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/21/16 8:19pm

wavesofbliss

thank you for sharing. how's your uncle handling all of this? he had his own struggles. cool

Prince #MUSICIANICONLEGEND
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/21/16 10:18pm

babynoz

purpleforeverlove said:

My experience in Minnesota and Touring Paisley Park! Oct12th-16th, 2016

On Oct 13, 14 and 15th i had the pleasure of touring Prince’s home Paisley Park Studios Park in Chanhassen Minnesota. I asked several friends and family members would they like 2 come with me 2 Minnesota. Some couldn't make it because they had 2 work, i didn't give them enough notice and other’s couldn’t afford it. When something has 2 be done you have 2 do it even if it means you have 2 travel alone. I receive some discouraging comment’s like how can you travel alone so far. I thought 2 myself... Because I’m a grown women! lol


https://youtu.be/y3MjxWn5W9M


I move 2 California in 2011 only knowing one persons and realizing i really didn’t know her at all. You can’t go through life waiting for someone 2 hold your hand every where you go or you'll miss out! One of Prince Quotes is “ COOL MEANS BEING ALBLE 2 HANG WITH YOURSELF” ( less drama and i enjoyed the experience of meeting people who love Prince and his music as much as i do) Before i left 2 go 2 Minnesota on Oct12 ,2016 some gave their personal opinions such as I’m idolizing Prince and they hoped when i return home he’ll be out of my system. If i listened 2 these negative comments you wouldn't see me in his home standing next 2 his Piano & Guitar, LOL. You have 2 learn 2 take a chance in life even if you stand alone! The one's who's doing the judging remember you'll be judged!

Prince music has touched so many people's heart’s all over the world. It's a Prince thing that some will never understand! On Wednesday when i arrived Minneapolis 10/12/16 Michelle picked me up from the airport. So many people in the airport was wearing Purple. i met some of Prince fam. We laugh and cried together as we watched “ Under The Cherry Moon & Sign O’ The Time. Prince hated the word fan's he called us his family, the rainbow children! Thursday10/13/16 I had the pleasure of touring Paisley Park for the first time in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Words can’t describe how beautiful Prince’s home is. As you enter each room you feel him, his energy the music and love that he put into creating Paisley Park! It was hard 2 hold back the tears at times for so many personal reason’s.

My dream is 2 visit Paisley Park again with my mother and children. The lady that was touring us asked me what was one of my favorite Prince songs? i wanted 2 say” Sea Of Everything” i decided not 2 because many people haven't heard this song because his cd 2010 was never realeased in the United States so i yelled ‘’ The Beautiful Ones” The lady that toured our group through Paisley Park told us that our group would be called “ The Beautiful Ones”

As i enter each room i Reminisce on how "All good things never last " Prince has gone 2 soon! (Tears) Later on that night All of the purple family gather together at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN. 2 celebrate Prince’s Legacy. Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson called the night a memorial for fans. ( Prince Purple Family) New Power Generation led by Morris Hayes, and members of 3rdEyeGirl, Mayte, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Shelby J, Morris Daye And The Time, Juith Hill Mint Condition and so many more entertainers express their love for Prince and his music. As they performed it was about Prince and not themselves. As one of the bands performed ''Sometimes It Snows In April" i notice a lady sitting next 2 me wiping her tears. I put my arms around her. It's so hard 2 listen 2 this song because this is when Prince left us in April.(4/21/16)


The 5 hour Prince Memorial was all about the love so many felt for Prince.
The after party was Awesome, we got 2 see how Prince really partied. Concert then the after parties.It was a pleasure meeting Michelle one of Prince fans. (family) we were together everyday. She told me it felt like we've know each other for ten years. it was a pleasure 2 meet so many who has performed in Prince bands in the past. Juith Hill and Shelby were at the after party. I was happy 2 see Susan Carwell one of Prince original female singers who i met through my uncle George Clinton when i lived in Cali. Susan has performed with my uncle in concerts also. https://youtu.be/175qCXVHBhQ
I've exchange phone numbers with so many of my purple family. We plan on meeting together for the next Prince event. On Friday 14th & Saturday Oct 15th

Michelle and i toured Paisley Park for the 3rd time before returning home. We ate one of Prince's vegan meals, the food was so delicious. After the toured Michelle and i went 2 the Kingdom Hall that Prince use 2 attend that's around the corner from Paisley Park. We talked 2 one of the elders who told us Prince once was in their congregation before he started going 2 Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in St. Louis Park in Minneapolis. We wanted 2 find out times of service because we planned on going 2 the meeting on Sunday. After we left the Kingdom Hall we went 2 Purple Rain house in Minneapolis. ( The house that the movie Purple Rain was filmed ) There we met some more of Prince fams. We planned on going 2 the Kingdom Hall on Oct 16th before returning home. Because of an unfortunate situation we couldn't make it.

https://youtu.be/aNJ1s_5PB0U


Through all the tears when asked why did God take Prince away i tried 2 comfort Michelle by letting her know that we'll see Prince again in Paradise! Once i returned home and got off of the plane the tears began 2 fall. This was such a beautiful time that i spent in Minnesota, i guess you can say this is closure for all of the Prince fam. That traveled 2 Minnesota. Since I’ve returned home I’ve talked on the phone 2 some of the Purple Family that i met in Minnesota. I have so many personal reason why Prince leaving us hurts so bad that i keep deep inside. Prince thank you for the music, and bringing so many people together. You taught us that love comes from the heart, you've have always brought all people together. Through your music you taught us through Jehovah God, The Christ And Music Which Is A Universal Language we're Able 2 Love! Hopefully one day this won't hurt so bad!
sad


Looking forward 2 seeing you again in Paradise. As i look at this picture that was taken in his home I'll try not 2 hold on 2 the pain, I'll hold on 2 the memories of touring Paisley Park. We'll always love you Prince. Looking forward 2 Seeing you again in Paradise, In The Purple Rain Then we'll sing '' One Song''
<3


https://youtu.be/aVlbbk4SPC4

sad sad heart fit

P.S I forgot 2 mention that when i toured Paisley Park i was able 2 give Kirk Prince dancer my cd. When i was at the after party i gave Susan Carwell & some of the musicians that once performed with Prince my cd and I asked one of the band members 2 please give Shelby a copy of my cd. Hopefully I'll hear from one of them.

I'm trying 2 post my picture that i had taken at Paisley


[Edited 10/21/16 0:26am]

[Edited 10/21/16 0:30am]

[Edited 10/21/16 0:41am

[Edited 10/21/16 1:32am]



Thanks for sharing. I had to fix it before I could even think of trying to read. Hope you don't mind.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/22/16 6:22am

purpleforeverl
ove

wavesofbliss said:

thank you for sharing. how's your uncle handling all of this? he had his own struggles. cool

I'm sure my uncle is taken it hard because he was friends with Prince. That's weird you ask about my uncle, i just woke up and i had a dream about him. wink

[Edited 10/22/16 6:25am]

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/22/16 6:24am

purpleforeverl
ove

babynoz said:

purpleforeverlove said:

My experience in Minnesota and Touring Paisley Park! Oct12th-16th, 2016

On Oct 13, 14 and 15th i had the pleasure of touring Prince’s home Paisley Park Studios Park in Chanhassen Minnesota. I asked several friends and family members would they like 2 come with me 2 Minnesota. Some couldn't make it because they had 2 work, i didn't give them enough notice and other’s couldn’t afford it. When something has 2 be done you have 2 do it even if it means you have 2 travel alone. I receive some discouraging comment’s like how can you travel alone so far. I thought 2 myself... Because I’m a grown women! lol


https://youtu.be/y3MjxWn5W9M


I move 2 California in 2011 only knowing one persons and realizing i really didn’t know her at all. You can’t go through life waiting for someone 2 hold your hand every where you go or you'll miss out! One of Prince Quotes is “ COOL MEANS BEING ALBLE 2 HANG WITH YOURSELF” ( less drama and i enjoyed the experience of meeting people who love Prince and his music as much as i do) Before i left 2 go 2 Minnesota on Oct12 ,2016 some gave their personal opinions such as I’m idolizing Prince and they hoped when i return home he’ll be out of my system. If i listened 2 these negative comments you wouldn't see me in his home standing next 2 his Piano & Guitar, LOL. You have 2 learn 2 take a chance in life even if you stand alone! The one's who's doing the judging remember you'll be judged!

Prince music has touched so many people's heart’s all over the world. It's a Prince thing that some will never understand! On Wednesday when i arrived Minneapolis 10/12/16 Michelle picked me up from the airport. So many people in the airport was wearing Purple. i met some of Prince fam. We laugh and cried together as we watched “ Under The Cherry Moon & Sign O’ The Time. Prince hated the word fan's he called us his family, the rainbow children! Thursday10/13/16 I had the pleasure of touring Paisley Park for the first time in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Words can’t describe how beautiful Prince’s home is. As you enter each room you feel him, his energy the music and love that he put into creating Paisley Park! It was hard 2 hold back the tears at times for so many personal reason’s.

My dream is 2 visit Paisley Park again with my mother and children. The lady that was touring us asked me what was one of my favorite Prince songs? i wanted 2 say” Sea Of Everything” i decided not 2 because many people haven't heard this song because his cd 2010 was never realeased in the United States so i yelled ‘’ The Beautiful Ones” The lady that toured our group through Paisley Park told us that our group would be called “ The Beautiful Ones”

As i enter each room i Reminisce on how "All good things never last " Prince has gone 2 soon! (Tears) Later on that night All of the purple family gather together at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN. 2 celebrate Prince’s Legacy. Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson called the night a memorial for fans. ( Prince Purple Family) New Power Generation led by Morris Hayes, and members of 3rdEyeGirl, Mayte, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Shelby J, Morris Daye And The Time, Juith Hill Mint Condition and so many more entertainers express their love for Prince and his music. As they performed it was about Prince and not themselves. As one of the bands performed ''Sometimes It Snows In April" i notice a lady sitting next 2 me wiping her tears. I put my arms around her. It's so hard 2 listen 2 this song because this is when Prince left us in April.(4/21/16)


The 5 hour Prince Memorial was all about the love so many felt for Prince.
The after party was Awesome, we got 2 see how Prince really partied. Concert then the after parties.It was a pleasure meeting Michelle one of Prince fans. (family) we were together everyday. She told me it felt like we've know each other for ten years. it was a pleasure 2 meet so many who has performed in Prince bands in the past. Juith Hill and Shelby were at the after party. I was happy 2 see Susan Carwell one of Prince original female singers who i met through my uncle George Clinton when i lived in Cali. Susan has performed with my uncle in concerts also. https://youtu.be/175qCXVHBhQ
I've exchange phone numbers with so many of my purple family. We plan on meeting together for the next Prince event. On Friday 14th & Saturday Oct 15th

Michelle and i toured Paisley Park for the 3rd time before returning home. We ate one of Prince's vegan meals, the food was so delicious. After the toured Michelle and i went 2 the Kingdom Hall that Prince use 2 attend that's around the corner from Paisley Park. We talked 2 one of the elders who told us Prince once was in their congregation before he started going 2 Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in St. Louis Park in Minneapolis. We wanted 2 find out times of service because we planned on going 2 the meeting on Sunday. After we left the Kingdom Hall we went 2 Purple Rain house in Minneapolis. ( The house that the movie Purple Rain was filmed ) There we met some more of Prince fams. We planned on going 2 the Kingdom Hall on Oct 16th before returning home. Because of an unfortunate situation we couldn't make it.

https://youtu.be/aNJ1s_5PB0U


Through all the tears when asked why did God take Prince away i tried 2 comfort Michelle by letting her know that we'll see Prince again in Paradise! Once i returned home and got off of the plane the tears began 2 fall. This was such a beautiful time that i spent in Minnesota, i guess you can say this is closure for all of the Prince fam. That traveled 2 Minnesota. Since I’ve returned home I’ve talked on the phone 2 some of the Purple Family that i met in Minnesota. I have so many personal reason why Prince leaving us hurts so bad that i keep deep inside. Prince thank you for the music, and bringing so many people together. You taught us that love comes from the heart, you've have always brought all people together. Through your music you taught us through Jehovah God, The Christ And Music Which Is A Universal Language we're Able 2 Love! Hopefully one day this won't hurt so bad!
sad


Looking forward 2 seeing you again in Paradise. As i look at this picture that was taken in his home I'll try not 2 hold on 2 the pain, I'll hold on 2 the memories of touring Paisley Park. We'll always love you Prince. Looking forward 2 Seeing you again in Paradise, In The Purple Rain Then we'll sing '' One Song''
<3


https://youtu.be/aVlbbk4SPC4

sad sad heart fit

P.S I forgot 2 mention that when i toured Paisley Park i was able 2 give Kirk Prince dancer my cd. When i was at the after party i gave Susan Carwell & some of the musicians that once performed with Prince my cd and I asked one of the band members 2 please give Shelby a copy of my cd. Hopefully I'll hear from one of them.

I'm trying 2 post my picture that i had taken at Paisley


[Edited 10/21/16 0:26am]

[Edited 10/21/16 0:30am]

[Edited 10/21/16 0:41am

[Edited 10/21/16 1:32am]



Thanks for sharing. I had to fix it before I could even think of trying to read. Hope you don't mind.

What did you fix? wink lol

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/22/16 10:36am

babynoz

purpleforeverlove said:

babynoz said:



Thanks for sharing. I had to fix it before I could even think of trying to read. Hope you don't mind.

What did you fix? wink lol



LOL....I turned your unreadable wall of words into actual paragraphs. lol

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/22/16 2:02pm

purpleforeverl
ove

babynoz said:

purpleforeverlove said:

What did you fix? wink lol



LOL....I turned your unreadable wall of words into actual paragraphs. lol

Can i see??? biggrin biggrin biggrin

I'm mad because i don't know how 2 share my picture that i took at Paisley Park!

I've post pictures in the past but it's not working now sad

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/22/16 2:57pm

purpleforeverl
ove

purpleforeverlove said:

My experience in Minnesota and Touring Paisley Park! Oct12th-16th, 2016

On Oct 13, 14 and 15th i had the pleasure of touring Prince’s home Paisley Park Studios Park in Chanhassen Minnesota. I asked several friends and family members would they like 2 come with me 2 Minnesota. Some couldn't make it because they had 2 work, i didn't give them enough notice and other’s couldn’t afford it. When something has 2 be done you have 2 do it even if it means you have 2 travel alone. I receive some discouraging comment’s like how can you travel alone so far. I thought 2 myself... Because I’m a grown women! lol
https://youtu.be/y3MjxWn5W9M
I move 2 California in 2011 only knowing one persons and realizing i really didn’t know her at all. You can’t go through life waiting for someone 2 hold your hand every where you go or you'll miss out! One of Prince Quotes is “ COOL MEANS BEING ALBLE 2 HANG WITH YOURSELF” ( less drama and i enjoyed the experience of meeting people who love Prince and his music as much as i do) Before i left 2 go 2 Minnesota on Oct12 ,2016 some gave their personal opinions such as I’m idolizing Prince and they hoped when i return home he’ll be out of my system. If i listened 2 these negative comments you wouldn't see me in his home standing next 2 his Piano & Guitar, LOL. You have 2 learn 2 take a chance in life even if you stand alone! The one's who's doing the judging remember you'll be judged! Prince music has touched so many people's heart’s all over the world. It's a Prince thing that some will never understand! On Wednesday when i arrived Minneapolis 10/12/16 Michelle picked me up from the airport. So many people in the airport was wearing Purple. i met some of Prince fam. We laugh and cried together as we watched “ Under The Cherry Moon & Sign O’ The Time. Prince hated the word fan's he called us his family, the rainbow children! Thursday10/13/16 I had the pleasure of touring Paisley Park for the first time in Chanhassen, Minnesota. Words can’t describe how beautiful Prince’s home is. As you enter each room you feel him, his energy the music and love that he put into creating Paisley Park! It was hard 2 hold back the tears at times for so many personal reason’s. My dream is 2 visit Paisley Park again with my mother and children. The lady that was touring us asked me what was one of my favorite Prince songs? i wanted 2 say” Sea Of Everything” i decided not 2 because many people haven't heard this song because his cd 2010 was never realeased in the United States so i yelled ‘’ The Beautiful Ones” The lady that toured our group through Paisley Park told us that our group would be called “ The Beautiful Ones” As i enter each room i Reminisce on how "All good things never last " Prince has gone 2 soon! (Tears) Later on that night All of the purple family gather together at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN. 2 celebrate Prince’s Legacy. Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson called the night a memorial for fans. ( Prince Purple Family) New Power Generation led by Morris Hayes, and members of 3rdEyeGirl, Mayte, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Shelby J, Morris Daye And The Time, Juith Hill Mint Condition and so many more entertainers express their love for Prince and his music. As they performed it was about Prince and not themselves. As one of the bands performed ''Sometimes It Snows In April" i notice a lady sitting next 2 me wiping her tears. I put my arms around her. It's so hard 2 listen 2 this song because this is when Prince left us in April.(4/21/16)
The 5 hour Prince Memorial was all about the love so many felt for Prince.
The after party was Awesome, we got 2 see how Prince really partied. Concert then the after parties.It was a pleasure meeting Michelle one of Prince fans. (family) we were together everyday. She told me it felt like we've know each other for ten years. it was a pleasure 2 meet so many who has performed in Prince bands in the past. Juith Hill and Shelby were at the after party. I was happy 2 see Susan Carwell one of Prince original female singers who i met through my uncle George Clinton when i lived in Cali. Susan has performed with my uncle in concerts also. https://youtu.be/175qCXVHBhQ
I've exchange phone numbers with so many of my purple family. We plan on meeting together for the next Prince event. On Friday 14th & Saturday Oct 15th Michelle and i toured Paisley Park for the 3rd time before returning home. We ate one of Prince's vegan meals, the food was so delicious. After the toured Michelle and i went 2 the Kingdom Hall that Prince use 2 attend that's around the corner from Paisley Park. We talked 2 one of the elders who told us Prince once was in their congregation before he started going 2 Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in St. Louis Park in Minneapolis. We wanted 2 find out times of service because we planned on going 2 the meeting on Sunday. After we left the Kingdom Hall we went 2 Purple Rain house in Minneapolis. ( The house that the movie Purple Rain was filmed ) There we met some more of Prince fams. We planned on going 2 the Kingdom Hall on Oct 16th before returning home. Because of an unfortunate situation we couldn't make it. https://youtu.be/aNJ1s_5PB0U
Through all the tears when asked why did God take Prince away i tried 2 comfort Michelle by letting her know that we'll see Prince again in Paradise! Once i returned home and got off of the plane the tears began 2 fall. This was such a beautiful time that i spent in Minnesota, i guess you can say this is closure for all of the Prince fam. That traveled 2 Minnesota. Since I’ve returned home I’ve talked on the phone 2 some of the Purple Family that i met in Minnesota. I have so many personal reason why Prince leaving us hurts so bad that i keep deep inside. Prince thank you for the music, and bringing so many people together. You taught us that love comes from the heart, you've have always brought all people together. Through your music you taught us through Jehovah God, The Christ And Music Which Is A Universal Language we're Able 2 Love! Hopefully one day this won't hurt so bad! sad
Looking forward 2 seeing you again in Paradise. As i look at this picture that was taken in his home I'll try not 2 hold on 2 the pain, I'll hold on 2 the memories of touring Paisley Park. We'll always love you Prince. Looking forward 2 Seeing you again in Paradise, In The Purple Rain Then we'll sing '' One Song''
2764.png<3
https://youtu.be/aVlbbk4SPC4

sad sad heart fit

P.S I forgot 2 mention that when i toured Paisley Park i was able 2 give Kirk Prince dancer my cd. When i was at the after party i gave Susan Carwell & some of the musicians that once performed with Prince my cd and I asked one of the band members 2 please give Shelby a copy of my cd. Hopefully I'll hear from one of them.

I'm trying 2 post my picture that i had taken at Paisley


[Edited 10/21/16 0:26am]

[Edited 10/21/16 0:30am]

[Edited 10/21/16 0:41am

[Edited 10/21/16 1:32am]

[Edited 11/21/16 18:52pm]

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/23/16 11:40am

Jon1967

Beautiful .. i couldnt deal w going id be a mess
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/23/16 1:36pm

funkaholic1972

avatar

Thanks for sharing! Good to hear you've found some closure and had a great time in Minneapolis. You look beautiful, happy and radiant in the picture. One day I hope to go Paisley Park as well.

RIP Prince: thank U 4 a funky Time!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/23/16 3:23pm

purpleforeverl
ove

Jon1967 said:

Beautiful .. i couldnt deal w going id be a mess

I'm a mess now, i can't stop crying. It's getting 2 me being that i was actually in Prince home. sad

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/23/16 3:27pm

purpleforeverl
ove

funkaholic1972 said:

Thanks for sharing! Good to hear you've found some closure and had a great time in Minneapolis. You look beautiful, happy and radiant in the picture. One day I hope to go Paisley Park as well.

Thank you. You have 2 go it's beautiful place, i didn't want 2 leave. yes prince

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/23/16 3:56pm

Jon1967

And by mess I mean id be in tears for most of it. Ill never wanna go there now like I dreamed of but im glad people can n do. Respect.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/23/16 4:54pm

Missmusicluver
72

Wonderful, thanks so much for sharing! I really hope to make it there someday. Paisley Park Sounds like such a magical place. biggrin

[Edited 10/23/16 16:56pm]

[Edited 10/23/16 16:57pm]

Love is God, God is love, girls and boys love God above~
The only Love there is, is the Love We Make~
Prince4Ever
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/24/16 2:58am

purpleforeverl
ove

Jon1967 said:

And by mess I mean id be in tears for most of it. Ill never wanna go there now like I dreamed of but im glad people can n do. Respect.

The hardest part of the tour for me was when i first walked in his home because a picture of only Prince's eyes are staring at you. I don't know why but it felt like he were watching me. biggrin The room that he had his parties in made me cry. I planned on going 2 one of his concerts last year but it was cold so decide not 2 go. I didn't want 2 be Minn while it was cold trying 2 find his home. If i could turn back the hands of time. sad

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/24/16 3:01am

purpleforeverl
ove

babynoz said:

purpleforeverlove said:

What did you fix? wink lol



LOL....I turned your unreadable wall of words into actual paragraphs. lol

I updated, added more info and I turned my unreadable wall of words into actual paragraphs. biggrin biggrin biggrin

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/24/16 8:07am

Jon1967

Oh man a cold concert hall .. id lose it totally.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/24/16 9:18am

purpleforeverl
ove

Jon1967 said:

Oh man a cold concert hall .. id lose it totally.

And it's a screen with footage of some of his concerts in this room and everywhere. It was a amazing experience and a sad one also. sad

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/24/16 9:20am

purpleforeverl
ove

Missmusicluver72 said:

Wonderful, thanks so much for sharing! I really hope to make it there someday. Paisley Park Sounds like such a magical place. biggrin

[Edited 10/23/16 16:56pm]

[Edited 10/23/16 16:57pm]

It's so magical, i didn't want 2 leave!

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/24/16 8:41pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

Thank U so much for the detailed report touched I too hope to go there some day biggrin

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/24/16 9:46pm

DiamondsnPearl
s44

avatar

nice thread wink

RIP Prince I will forever heart and miss U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/25/16 9:44am

purpleforeverl
ove

Goddess4Real said:

Thank U so much for the detailed report touched I too hope to go there some day biggrin



You're welcome, it was such a beautiful experience. 💜💜💜
You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/25/16 9:59am

purpleforeverl
ove

DiamondsnPearls44 said:

nice thread wink



Thanks, I'll always have the beautiful memories. 💜💜💜💖
You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/25/16 11:51am

babynoz

purpleforeverlove said:

babynoz said:



LOL....I turned your unreadable wall of words into actual paragraphs. lol

I updated, added more info and I turned my unreadable wall of words into actual paragraphs. biggrin biggrin biggrin



Cool, thanks for sharing... cool

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/25/16 3:37pm

purpleforeverl
ove

babynoz said:

purpleforeverlove said:

I updated, added more info and I turned my unreadable wall of words into actual paragraphs. biggrin biggrin biggrin



Cool, thanks for sharing... cool

You're welcome, are you going 2 Paisley Park?

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/26/16 1:28pm

babynoz

purpleforeverlove said:

babynoz said:



Cool, thanks for sharing... cool

You're welcome, are you going 2 Paisley Park?



nod

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/27/16 7:04pm

purpleforeverl
ove

babynoz said:

purpleforeverlove said:

You're welcome, are you going 2 Paisley Park?



nod

Have fun highfive Take me with you! hug

You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/27/16 11:14pm

panpac777

avatar

Remember to take notepad and pencil/pen to take notes. I wish I had.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/27/16 11:16pm

panpac777

avatar

It was a pleasure meeting u and all the fams. I wish we could have stayed longer. Where's the time machine so that I can go back to June 2000 and 2001 and never leave! Seriously!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/28/16 6:28am

purpleforeverl
ove

panpac777 said:

It was a pleasure meeting u and all the fams. I wish we could have stayed longer. Where's the time machine so that I can go back to June 2000 and 2001 and never leave! Seriously!!

.That's a good idear, 2 take notes. I met so many people. Is this Michelle? 😁
[Edited 11/1/16 17:49pm]
You and me are like two ships passing
Never reaching shore
If we ever, ooh, if we ever did
We'd just want more
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > My experience in Minnesota and Touring Paisley Park! Oct12th-16th, 2016