independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 21st Nov 2019 4:33am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > prince to play white house saturday
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/11/15 4:59pm

lwr001

prince to play white house saturday

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/11/15 5:17pm

Dilan

this doesnt do colonized mind justice

I'm feeling a bit fammy™
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/11/15 7:39pm

S3V3N

Funny. It's Gay Pride DC this weekend. Last year the parade lasted four hours. The downtown area will be crowded. Headed to the area? Have a plan for parking!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/11/15 8:26pm

2020

avatar

Cool! Obamma is gonna be rockin out!
The greatest live performer of our times was is and always will be Prince.

Remember there is only one destination and that place is U
All of it. Everything. Is U.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/11/15 8:58pm

thedance

avatar

"paint the white house black" didn't Prince write this..... back then..... such a funky track..... music


performed by George Clinton...?

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/11/15 9:17pm

musicman

thedance said:

"paint the white house black" didn't Prince write this..... back then..... such a funky track..... music


performed by George Clinton...?

George wrote it. Prince co-wrote The Big Pump on the album.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/11/15 9:42pm

thedance

avatar

^ ok.. thanks for the correction..


but didn't Prince produce the paint the white house black-song, then?

I am only asking because I think the whole album is sounding very "Prince-like".... wink

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/11/15 9:52pm

musicman

thedance said:

^ ok.. thanks for the correction..


but didn't Prince produce the paint the white house black-song, then?

I am only asking because I think the whole album is sounding very "Prince-like".... wink

Not according to the credits. He had limited input on George's Paisley Park albums.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/12/15 11:37am

babynoz

Well I hope the secret service doesn't allow any maniacs to run into the WH while Princey is there.

I also hope the Prez doesn't try to dance again.... disbelief

I wonder if Cornel West will be invited? evillol

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/12/15 6:05pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

babynoz said:

Well I hope the secret service doesn't allow any maniacs to run into the WH while Princey is there.

I also hope the Prez doesn't try to dance again.... disbelief

I wonder if Cornel West will be invited? evillol


Well if they don't allow anybmaniacs...Prince won't even get in.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/12/15 7:18pm

PaisleyRose

Very Cool! 😊 Congrats Prince! 👏
PaisleyRose was here rose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/12/15 7:40pm

babynoz

BobGeorge909 said:

babynoz said:

Well I hope the secret service doesn't allow any maniacs to run into the WH while Princey is there.

I also hope the Prez doesn't try to dance again.... disbelief

I wonder if Cornel West will be invited? evillol

Well if they don't allow anybmaniacs...Prince won't even get in.



Well at least he doesn't just run into the WH all willy-nilly without being invited.

Let's just hope he makes no comments other than thank you and keeps his thoughts about burkas and such to himself. lol

PBS usually airs these performances the following week. Last year Jesse Johnson was there. I sure hope they show this one.

I'm guessing it was the first lady's idea. I think she's the Prince fan in the family. biggrin

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/12/15 9:47pm

BobGeorge909

avatar

babynoz said:



BobGeorge909 said:


babynoz said:

Well I hope the secret service doesn't allow any maniacs to run into the WH while Princey is there.

I also hope the Prez doesn't try to dance again.... disbelief

I wonder if Cornel West will be invited? evillol



Well if they don't allow anybmaniacs...Prince won't even get in.



Well at least he doesn't just run into the WH all willy-nilly without being invited.

Let's just hope he makes no comments other than thank you and keeps his thoughts about burkas and such to himself. lol

PBS usually airs these performances the following week. Last year Jesse Johnson was there. I sure hope they show this one.

I'm guessing it was the first lady's idea. I think she's the Prince fan in the family. biggrin


Seems likely
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/13/15 5:28am

V10LETBLUES

Very cool. Congratulations to Prince
He can now get to the bottom of the chemtrails. Brother Cornnel West is gonna be jealous...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/13/15 1:44pm

Pharaoh4TheMus
e

http://www.washingtonpost...s-weekend/

Trying (and failing) to score tickets to Prince’s two “surprise” shows at the Warner Theatre on Sunday? We’ve got good news: the Purple One is rumored to be adding another secret set to his Washington tour stop. Oh and some bad news: You probably won’t get into that performance either.

Whispers have been swirling since Thursday morning that Prince will be performing at the White House on Saturday as part of 1600 Penn.’s African-American Music Appreciation Month celebration. The White House has remained tight-lipped about the covert concert, most likely happening in the East Room where Stevie Wonder, Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin, John Legend and Justin Timberlake have all performed in the past.

The VVIP invite list is super tight, we’ve been told, but expect to spy Obama besties, former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and his wife, Sharon Malone, in the packed house. Other bigwigs forcing their assistants to hit refresh on the Live Nation Web site all day will most likely be disappointed when word gets around that the list for Prince’s White House performance has long since been vetted and closed.

“The last thing they want is for folks to start stalking about [for] invitations,” said one person who wasn’t “important enough” to get a golden ticket.
[Edited 6/13/15 13:50pm]
PRINC3 / prince "43V3R"
www.facebook.com/rlumsden2011
P3AC3
P4TM
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/13/15 2:04pm

XxAxX

avatar

Pharaoh4TheMuse said:

http://www.washingtonpost...s-weekend/ Trying (and failing) to score tickets to Prince’s two “surprise” shows at the Warner Theatre on Sunday? We’ve got good news: the Purple One is rumored to be adding another secret set to his Washington tour stop. Oh and some bad news: You probably won’t get into that performance either. Whispers have been swirling since Thursday morning that Prince will be performing at the White House on Saturday as part of 1600 Penn.’s African-American Music Appreciation Month celebration. The White House has remained tight-lipped about the covert concert, most likely happening in the East Room where Stevie Wonder, Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin, John Legend and Justin Timberlake have all performed in the past. The VVIP invite list is super tight, we’ve been told, but expect to spy Obama besties, former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and his wife, Sharon Malone, in the packed house. Other bigwigs forcing their assistants to hit refresh on the Live Nation Web site all day will most likely be disappointed when word gets around that the list for Prince’s White House performance has long since been vetted and closed. “The last thing they want is for folks to start stalking about [for] invitations,” said one person who wasn’t “important enough” to get a golden ticket. [Edited 6/13/15 13:50pm]

.

.

.

eek having a fan moment here... faint

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/13/15 6:59pm

divo02

avatar

Why wouldn't this be a sticky over a Newsweek article about his top 10 screams?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/14/15 1:58am

mikeyaddict

avatar

Dr F's Twitter suggests he played and did at least one song with Stevie.
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/14/15 4:26am

S3V3N

Reminds me of that photo of Elvis and Nixon back in the day.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/14/15 5:24am

langebleu

avatar

moderator

ALT+PLS+RTN: Pure as a pane of ice. It's a gift.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/14/15 6:05am

mikeyaddict

avatar

S3V3N said:

Reminds me of that photo of Elvis and Nixon back in the day.

.
A picture of P with Obama would be amazing!
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/14/15 6:27am

lwr001

mikeyaddict said:

S3V3N said:

Reminds me of that photo of Elvis and Nixon back in the day.

.
A picture of P with Obama would be amazing!



I agree. More amazing would be him trolling and doing a conplete darlin nikki in honor of tipper gore
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/14/15 7:02am

raddahone

avatar

What a big shifting of nrg this weekend...the White House needed all that Love! Nothing like a jamming President celebrating with the stars in the White House.
~honey is b-ing 1 with the 1~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/14/15 7:26am

lwr001

mikeyaddict said:

S3V3N said:
Reminds me of that photo of Elvis and Nixon back in the day.
. A picture of P with Obama would be amazing!

A pic of P driving to the basket; the two of em shooting hoops...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/14/15 7:29am

lwr001

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/14/15 7:51am

KCOOLMUZIQ

My wish came TRUE! This was an HISTORIC event!!!!

To Whom It May Concern:President Barack Obama is a lowkey, undercover prince fan, he was dancing and rocking to prince when I attended The Naacp Awards back in 2005.

eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/14/15 8:59am

luvsexy4all

set list???

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/14/15 9:08am

iZsaZsa

avatar

lwr001 said:


Russell was coming out of his clothes? Lol
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/14/15 9:08am

iZsaZsa

avatar

Beautiful thing!
What?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/14/15 9:44am

babynoz

langebleu said:

https://twitter.com/thereval



LOL, I had a feeling that Rev. was gonna be there. He's a regular at the WH and he mentioned having a long convo w/ P when he was in NY for Welcome2America.

Dear Brother West must be seething right about now... evillol


Wonderful year for Princey! I sure hope they broadcast this on PBS.

Prince, in you I found a kindred spirit...Rest In Paradise.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > prince to play white house saturday