independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 11th Dec 2019 3:23am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > Dress code: Purple
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/24/14 3:16pm

dJJ

Dress code: Purple

The dress code for the shows in Leeds and Amsterdam is purple.

I would love to see the pictures of all the creative purple outfits.

Or/and what you are going to wear.


99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/24/14 3:32pm

MarieLouise

avatar

If you enlighten me about how to post a picture, I will. But I guess you already know my outfit. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/24/14 3:54pm

dJJ

MarieLouise said:

If you enlighten me about how to post a picture, I will. But I guess you already know my outfit. wink



Subscribe to Photobucket.

Upload your picture.

Reply here and Click on the icon with the tree.

Copy the link of your photo bucket picture into the link.


You'll manage.



I got a purple dress from a friend, but have no picture of the dress.

Also got this one (from the Albert Cuyp), but I probably won't be wearing it all night:






99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/24/14 3:55pm

thisisreece

I had a purple jacket/t-shirt on (no, picture). Someone I met there had coloured the blue parts of her purple! Though, as a whole, I don't remember seeing many people wearing Purple.

Hundalasiliah!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/24/14 3:57pm

dJJ

thisisreece said:

I had a purple jacket/t-shirt on (no, picture). Someone I met there had coloured the blue parts of her purple! Though, as a whole, I don't remember seeing many people wearing Purple.



Didn't they get the e-mail that the dress code was purple?


99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/24/14 4:09pm

MarieLouise

avatar

dJJ said:

MarieLouise said:

If you enlighten me about how to post a picture, I will. But I guess you already know my outfit. wink



Subscribe to Photobucket.

Upload your picture.

Reply here and Click on the icon with the tree.

Copy the link of your photo bucket picture into the link.


You'll manage.



I got a purple dress from a friend, but have no picture of the dress.

Also got this one (from the Albert Cuyp), but I probably won't be wearing it all night:






Oh yes, that's true. That's why I created a Photobucket account ten years ago. Never used it for anything else that to be able to post pictures here. Funny how this site hasn't changed a bit in ten years. smile

Very cool mask by the way!

[Edited 5/24/14 16:14pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/24/14 4:13pm

MarieLouise

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/24/14 4:23pm

xLiberiangirl

avatar

Tried to dye my hair purple with temporary hair dye, apparently it should have worked on my black hair but didn't. lol so when i combed my hair all the purple stuff fell out my hair. Hahaha, that was my only chance on getting my purple on. lol

I don't own any purple clothes, i'm more black clothes only kind of type..

so i'll be in my usual boring black clothes. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/24/14 6:49pm

Purplesnicki

avatar

xLiberiangirl said:

Tried to dye my hair purple with temporary hair dye, apparently it should have worked on my black hair but didn't. lol so when i combed my hair all the purple stuff fell out my hair. Hahaha, that was my only chance on getting my purple on. lol

I don't own any purple clothes, i'm more black clothes only kind of type..

so i'll be in my usual boring black clothes. lol

Ur like my mate....always wearing black threads, we call her the undertaker!

We met a cool cat called sexy wolfy at Leeds with purple symbol on his head, purple lipstick and had his nails painted purple, lovely guy and we all went out to party to a P themed nightclub round the corner from the arena after the gig as it ended early for some tech reason with his guitars.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/24/14 9:37pm

metallicjigolo

avatar

xLiberiangirl said:

Tried to dye my hair purple with temporary hair dye, apparently it should have worked on my black hair but didn't. lol so when i combed my hair all the purple stuff fell out my hair. Hahaha, that was my only chance on getting my purple on. lol


I don't own any purple clothes, i'm more black clothes only kind of type..


so i'll be in my usual boring black clothes. lol




Deep Purple eye shadow... razz
Prince did an interview with a woman at Record World. They talked about whatever, then he asked her: "Does your pubic hair go up to your navel?" At that moment, we thought maybe we shouldn't encourage him to do interviews.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/24/14 10:47pm

Astasheiks

avatar

dJJ said:

The dress code for the shows in Leeds and Amsterdam is purple.

I would love to see the pictures of all the creative purple outfits.

Or/and what you are going to wear.


Who decided or asked for this dress code? Prince camp or one of you all?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/24/14 11:44pm

Sander250

avatar

Astasheiks said:



dJJ said:


The dress code for the shows in Leeds and Amsterdam is purple.

I would love to see the pictures of all the creative purple outfits.

Or/and what you are going to wear.





Who decided or asked for this dress code? Prince camp or one of you all?



Prince camp: request mentioned on ziggodome website and today a tweet by 3rdeyegirl

3RDEYEGIRL (@3RDEYEGIRL)
25-05-14 02:17
STAY C.O.O.L. AMSTERDAM pic.twitter.com/QoNkvrfaL3 & WEAR SOMETHING PURPLE
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/25/14 2:28am

alxndrstff

avatar

If you were at Glasgow and saw this rather unfortunate looking chap:

[img:$uid]http://i58.tinypic.com/j9mu5w.jpg[/img:$uid]

That was me! biggrin

So look into the mirror, do u recognise some1? Is it who u always hoped u would become, when u were young?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/25/14 6:09am

dJJ

xLiberiangirl said:

Tried to dye my hair purple with temporary hair dye, apparently it should have worked on my black hair but didn't. lol so when i combed my hair all the purple stuff fell out my hair. Hahaha, that was my only chance on getting my purple on. lol

I don't own any purple clothes, i'm more black clothes only kind of type..

so i'll be in my usual boring black clothes. lol



I just decided to not wear the Venitian mask, but a purple hat in stead.

So, if you want to borrow the mask you can.


And sorry, but black won't do!!

It's not cool to go to a party with a dress code and then not adher to it!


Would be as if you went to Sensation White and as the only one wear a red outfit. Not cool.


If the audiance makes the effort, the party will be great.



99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/25/14 6:13am

dJJ

alxndrstff said:

If you were at Glasgow and saw this rather unfortunate looking chap:

[img:$uid]http://i58.tinypic.com/j9mu5w.jpg[/img:$uid]

That was me! biggrin



I like your outfit!!


I apreciate it that Prince does that. It's not just the band that makes the party, as an audiance, you can also make or break the fest.

I really hope people will make an effort and dress up.

So lame if half of the audiance will show up in jeans and a black t-shirt. Would be a big spoiler.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/25/14 6:16am

dJJ

xLiberiangirl said:

Tried to dye my hair purple with temporary hair dye, apparently it should have worked on my black hair but didn't. lol so when i combed my hair all the purple stuff fell out my hair. Hahaha, that was my only chance on getting my purple on. lol

I don't own any purple clothes, i'm more black clothes only kind of type..

so i'll be in my usual boring black clothes. lol



Yesterday I met Marie Louise for the first time, in a store, both preparing for the Prince concert.


That was so cool!


It's so much fun to prepare and look for purple stuf. Tonight is not about being boring, right?!

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/26/14 5:14am

marjannev

thisisreece said:

I had a purple jacket/t-shirt on (no, picture). Someone I met there had coloured the blue parts of her purple! Though, as a whole, I don't remember seeing many people wearing Purple.

I saw enough people wearing purple, including shoes, hair, jackets, shirts and their nails done!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/26/14 12:59pm

Maddie50

The dress code for Glasgow was purple too we got an email asking us to wear purple!

I have purple nails with the symbol on the ring fingers and my wonderful puple silk coat!! Also my very rare!!!! lol Lotus flower tshirt!!!!!!!!

The audience was very puprle in Glasgow so were the buildings around the hyrdro and the sky and the hydro!!!

It was were the purple people were at!!!!

[Edited 5/26/14 13:00pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/27/14 5:38am

dJJ

I loved how Purple the people were:


99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/27/14 6:13am

funkadelic11

avatar

Sziget 2011 wink

[Edited 5/27/14 15:35pm]

Free Your Mind...And Your Ass Will Follow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/27/14 8:58am

dJJ

It's just more fun with a dress code:




99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/27/14 9:00am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/27/14 9:01am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/27/14 9:01am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/27/14 9:02am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/27/14 9:03am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/27/14 9:03am

dJJ

[Edited 5/27/14 9:04am]

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/27/14 9:04am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/27/14 9:05am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/27/14 9:06am

dJJ

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > Dress code: Purple