independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th Jan 2020 7:47am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > 2NITE AT DAKOTA JAZZ CLUB "WELCOME 2 CHICAGO" LIVE CONCERT SHOWING
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 3 <123>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 01/20/13 10:36pm

rainbowchild

avatar

Hopefully a Blu release soon!!!! Prince in HD would b g8!!!
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."

"Am I black or white? Am I straight or gay?"

"We had fun, didn't we?"
-Prince (1958-2016) 4ever in my life
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 01/20/13 10:42pm

serpan99

Chiquetet said:

RRA said:

And to be fair to Mr. P, fans will pay up.

I mean as crappy as this is, if people are foolish enough to do this, then is Prince wrong business-wise?

I would absolutely pay to go and see it if I was there.

I don't have any issue with him having these movie nights - especially if he eventually moves them to PP (as long as he provides popcorn - the no fluoride stuff, of course).

I just hope he decides to also release some of the live stuff on DVD for those who can't be there.

yeahthat I don't think people will travel very far 2 see a concert DVD at Paisley Park. So unless there will b movie nights all over the world the DVD/bluray release is very welcome. No reason 2 keep long awaited concert footage a local affair...Prince is a worldwide icon twocents

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 01/20/13 11:34pm

Chiquetet

avatar

Emancipation89 said:

FragileUndertow said:

I bet this means its not the full show, Probably just Excerpts biggrin

Maybe some footages from Tuesday & Wednesday. He did wear the same outfit for those dates. Wonder if he's gonna show anything from Monday night when he had sound issues and got pretty bad reviews...

The Entire 2nd Was Shown @ No Edits

I also heard that popcorn was served. No word on the fluoride situation though.

Lake Minnetonka Music: https://lakeminnetonka.bandcamp.com/
Lake Minnetonka Press Kit: http://onepagelink.com/lakeminnetonka/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 01/20/13 11:39pm

Chiquetet

avatar

serpan99 said:

yeahthat I don't think people will travel very far 2 see a concert DVD at Paisley Park. So unless there will b movie nights all over the world the DVD/bluray release is very welcome. No reason 2 keep long awaited concert footage a local affair...Prince is a worldwide icon twocents

No, they won't travel far (unless they're travelling anyway), but it's a cool thing to do for his hometown friends and fans. Hanging out at PP, watching unreleased footage is a cool idea, but it needs to be balanced with some candy for his interstate and overseas pen pals razz

I wouldn't want it instead of a DVD/Blu ray release, BUT the idea of screenings all over the world is kinda cool...imagine if different cities got different footage??

Not sure if he'd go for that though - much harder to control his product if it's being sent to venues all over the world.

Lake Minnetonka Music: https://lakeminnetonka.bandcamp.com/
Lake Minnetonka Press Kit: http://onepagelink.com/lakeminnetonka/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 01/21/13 12:36am

Japio

I think that means that he finally will come with a nive Live DVD.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 01/21/13 1:05am

serpan99

Chiquetet said:

serpan99 said:

yeahthat I don't think people will travel very far 2 see a concert DVD at Paisley Park. So unless there will b movie nights all over the world the DVD/bluray release is very welcome. No reason 2 keep long awaited concert footage a local affair...Prince is a worldwide icon twocents

No, they won't travel far (unless they're travelling anyway), but it's a cool thing to do for his hometown friends and fans. Hanging out at PP, watching unreleased footage is a cool idea, but it needs to be balanced with some candy for his interstate and overseas pen pals razz

I wouldn't want it instead of a DVD/Blu ray release, BUT the idea of screenings all over the world is kinda cool...imagine if different cities got different footage??

Not sure if he'd go for that though - much harder to control his product if it's being sent to venues all over the world.

A movie nite as part of a Celebration like Prince just did in MPLS works very well. Or a movie launch nite as xclusive pre-viewing at Paisley Park of a 2DVD release...that I can dig very much. I still think that a proper 2DVD release of the "Welcome 2" tour is the best choice instead of keeping it 2 local screenings of footage. And isn't this the right year 2 release a nice 2DVD because of the Billboard icon award?!

I also don't see screenings happen worldwide as it's indeed much harder 2 control even though the idea is nice. I just think that the fair thing 2 do is making concert footage available 4 a global audience instead of a select few.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 01/21/13 1:17am

rainbowchild

avatar

Chiquetet said:



Emancipation89 said:








FragileUndertow said:



I bet this means its not the full show, Probably just Excerpts biggrin




Maybe some footages from Tuesday & Wednesday. He did wear the same outfit for those dates. Wonder if he's gonna show anything from Monday night when he had sound issues and got pretty bad reviews...











The Entire 2nd Was Shown @ No Edits




I also heard that popcorn was served. No word on the fluoride situation though.




Hope we get a Blu release of this soon!!!!!
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."

"Am I black or white? Am I straight or gay?"

"We had fun, didn't we?"
-Prince (1958-2016) 4ever in my life
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 01/21/13 1:46am

Nikkie

avatar

I'd like to see a Dakota show 5 & 6 dvd/blu-ray too! cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 01/21/13 1:59am

EyeJester7

I just want this released! If he could release this on DVD, I would literally be overjoyed! I just want another and more! Haha

It's Button Therapy, Baby!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 01/21/13 3:14am

honer

avatar

Chill out he MIGHT release it on DVD just wait a couple of months THEN slag him off for not doing it!

And why does anyone think showing it at the club is a bad idea? If its not your thing then fine dont go but I fail to see why its a bad idea and it was a fair price, fucks sake chill out.

3121
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 01/21/13 3:24am

XxAxX

avatar

^ this. prince has been incredibly generous to his fans. please just be thankful he is wanting to have some fun

[Edited 1/21/13 5:44am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 01/21/13 5:32am

Gohi

It was a fun time.

Indeed it was the second show so it was really interesting to hear Prince apologize for the previous night's sound.
Speaking of sound... the sound for the show was really great. The video on the other hand... well, let's just say it didn't really look that much better than the youtube clips he's posted from the Welcome 2 Chicago run. Almost looked like it was being streamed or something. Not bad but lots of blurriness and pixellation during bright parts.

Some nice little treats in the setlist and not too much of the girls. I dug it. I'd go to another one of these, though maybe for an older show.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 01/21/13 6:06am

Identity

rdhull said:

andykeen said:

Somebody please take a video camcorder

Who wants to see a video of a video?

No one.

This idea was bordering on pathetic. confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 01/21/13 7:23am

novabrkr

Well, I'm not against seeing girl on girl either, so video on video should be fine by me. shrug

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 01/21/13 8:17am

Genesia

avatar

errant said:

if it was night 1, it wasn't worth paying to see live, let alone paying to watch a dvd of it in a restaurant.

This.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 01/21/13 8:40am

Justforthelove
ofit

avatar

novabrkr said:

Well, I'm not against seeing girl on girl either, so video on video should be fine by me. shrug

eek spank Oh well..... 69 lol

Aka Mister T at moquake.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 01/21/13 9:21am

AJP

Had a GREAT time. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 01/21/13 9:33am

rdhull

avatar

AJP said:

Had a GREAT time. smile

Ok, e..x..p..l..a..i..n... how and why you had a great time. This is how we do it here.

Let us know what happened, the set up, what the concert viewing experinece was like etc....

c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 01/21/13 10:25am

malexandria

this is why being a prince fam is so frustrating! Now that we know there official footage availabe and most people can't even see it. why can't they show this as a Fathom Event or release a Blu-ray?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 01/21/13 12:10pm

Styles

avatar

The compression format is completely wrong....

hence. a huge problem

peace

J-

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 01/21/13 12:30pm

2020

avatar

I attended the Musicology tour movie theater event in my town and it was packed and well received.

I think that type of format would work very well for broadcasting a Welcome 2 America show and I'd pay $20 to get in.

Especially if they were pumping unreleased and new tunes before the show started!! cool

[Edited 1/21/13 12:30pm]

The greatest live performer of our times was is and always will be Prince.

Remember there is only one destination and that place is U
All of it. Everything. Is U.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 01/21/13 12:45pm

Zuzu

avatar

Thanks you to Prince for arranging this special viewing of his personal fotage. I enjoyesd the event ther Were lots of space , not so crowded and it was a real treat, I danced, I cried, I laughed, I met som Swiss , :luvfans, it was way comfortable, if this could be happen again I would go it was fun, thank u Prince Rogers To the Nelsons heart
U and me we're sticky like glue
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 01/21/13 2:37pm

riocoolnes

avatar

anyone go? anyone wanna review the footage?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 01/21/13 2:57pm

Trickology

rdhull said:

andykeen said:

Somebody please take a video camcorder

Who wants to see a video of a video?

What about a video of the video of the video of that video? eek This could be the new standard lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 01/21/13 3:21pm

rdhull

avatar

Trickology said:

rdhull said:

Who wants to see a video of a video?

What about a video of the video of the video of that video? eek This could be the new standard lol

TrickHass!

IM not even the man..sittin next to the man..next to the man..video of a video....

c'mon baby, where's ya guts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 01/21/13 4:21pm

XNY

avatar

2020 said:

I attended the Musicology tour movie theater event in my town and it was packed and well received.

I think that type of format would work very well for broadcasting a Welcome 2 America show and I'd pay $20 to get in.

Especially if they were pumping unreleased and new tunes before the show started!! cool

[Edited 1/21/13 12:30pm]

Agreed. I saw the same show in my area. Great event!

Although - if I had to choose - I'd rather see an official dvd/cd release of the show.

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion" -- Martha Graham
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 01/21/13 4:41pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Trickology said:

rdhull said:

Who wants to see a video of a video?

What about a video of the video of the video of that video? eek This could be the new standard lol

The NEW standard?

Hell, that was the 80's!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's Palladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 01/21/13 5:39pm

Trickology

rdhull said:

Trickology said:

What about a video of the video of the video of that video? eek This could be the new standard lol

TrickHass!

IM not even the man..sittin next to the man..next to the man..video of a video....

Instead of a video what about a slideshow collection of photos of someone that sounds like Prince humming of the music at the appropriate moments? Tickets sold out every nite at that engagement!

cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 01/21/13 5:44pm

Militant

avatar

moderator

edit - nvm

[Edited 1/21/13 17:59pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 01/21/13 8:41pm

KCOOLMUZIQ

Next up the worldwide release of the "MasterPiece"........

"WELCOME 2 CHICAGO" LIVE CONCERT

eye will ALWAYS think of prince like a "ACT OF GOD"! N another realm. eye mean of all people who might of been aliens or angels.if found out that prince wasn't of this earth, eye would not have been that surprised. R.I.P. prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 3 <123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > 2NITE AT DAKOTA JAZZ CLUB "WELCOME 2 CHICAGO" LIVE CONCERT SHOWING