independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > PARIS TICKET PRICES
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/04/07 11:29am

seanbee

PARIS TICKET PRICES

Look, we all know Paris is gonna win for the next leg of the tour.

However, my question is how the French fans will react to ticket prices.

My feeling is that they wouldn't be too impressed with the inflated VIP crap that went on in London.

Barbara Streisand played here recently ( with ticket prices up to 500 euros!!) and the Nice concert was cancelled. The Paris gig was far from sold out and they were seriously cutting prices at the box office on the evening.

Céline Dion is practising stupid prices as well and the French ain't biting...
I'm not comparing Prince to Babs and the world's favourite lesbien but it'll be interesting to see how pricing goes.....
Rain is wet.................
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/04/07 12:28pm

TheEnglishGent

avatar

seanbee said:

My feeling is that they wouldn't be too impressed with the inflated VIP crap that went on in London.
Well, that was only a tiny percentage of the tickets. I dont't think the French will mind too much if 99% of tickets are £31.21 or eqivalent as they were in London.

Personally I loved the inflated VIP prices. They didn't all sell and it meant I could go to loads more shows by buying those fantastic seats on the day for £31.21. cool
RIP sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/04/07 12:58pm

seanbee

TheEnglishGent said:

seanbee said:

My feeling is that they wouldn't be too impressed with the inflated VIP crap that went on in London.
Well, that was only a tiny percentage of the tickets. I dont't think the French will mind too much if 99% of tickets are £31.21 or eqivalent as they were in London.

Personally I loved the inflated VIP prices. They didn't all sell and it meant I could go to loads more shows by buying those fantastic seats on the day for £31.21. cool


You're not wrong gent! smile
Rain is wet.................
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/04/07 1:03pm

endorphinuk

avatar

Trente et Un , Vingt et Un is a little cheap in Euros! unless he does one huuuuuge stadium!
HE put my name across my thigh...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/04/07 3:15pm

malbena

The biggest indoor stage is Bercy where I saw him once in 1992. To sell out, he'd have to lower the price.
If he decides to perform in a smaller place like the Olympia, the Zenith, then he can sell packages for 250 euros.

My two cents.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/05/07 9:37am

TheCherryRoom

avatar

Hmmmmm, good point, however if the tickets are expensive, i will be renting a room from seanbee!! so that will save me some money lol wink
"Fella's would u look at that tail............... would u eva....."

.....I don't do this because i have a choice.........it was pre-determined b4 my birth.........
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/05/07 10:11am

yael72

No way he's doing the Olympia if he wants to use the symbol stage . Only Bercy would do for that...crossing my fingers for decent ticket prices and funky aftershows !!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/05/07 10:20am

skipper1958

yael72 said:

No way he's doing the Olympia if he wants to use the symbol stage . Only Bercy would do for that...crossing my fingers for decent ticket prices and funky aftershows !!!


Aftershows would be great at The Bataclan or even better Elysee's Montmartre- it's at the end of my street... and please not the zenith- the sound is awful- i think he has Bercy or my appartment as his choices- i reckon i could fit in about 200 people- over 3121 nights he'd make some money!
Prince isn't a star- he's an event. NME Paolo Hewitt.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/05/07 10:21am

seanbee

TheCherryRoom said:

Hmmmmm, good point, however if the tickets are expensive, i will be renting a room from seanbee!! so that will save me some money lol wink



biggrin
Rain is wet.................
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/05/07 2:18pm

endorphinuk

avatar

malbena said:

The biggest indoor stage is Bercy where I saw him once in 1992. To sell out, he'd have to lower the price.
If he decides to perform in a smaller place like the Olympia, the Zenith, then he can sell packages for 250 euros.

My two cents.


i saw him in bercy in 1988... then 1992 also wink it's big... not sure how big compared 2 O2 which holds near 20000
HE put my name across my thigh...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/05/07 10:32pm

seanbee

endorphinuk said:

malbena said:

The biggest indoor stage is Bercy where I saw him once in 1992. To sell out, he'd have to lower the price.
If he decides to perform in a smaller place like the Olympia, the Zenith, then he can sell packages for 250 euros.

My two cents.


i saw him in bercy in 1988... then 1992 also wink it's big... not sure how big compared 2 O2 which holds near 20000



About 18000 I think, with better sound!
Rain is wet.................
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > PARIS TICKET PRICES