independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > London, Vegas, Where am I?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/03/07 1:00am

paisleyfreek

London, Vegas, Where am I?

Have U ever heard about the quake? Brainquake!

Just how many times has Prince referred 2 Vegas during the 21 nites?

Situations totally removed methinks? Wots up?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/03/07 2:16am

endorphinuk

avatar

paisleyfreek said:

Have U ever heard about the quake? Brainquake!

Just how many times has Prince referred 2 Vegas during the 21 nites?

Situations totally removed methinks? Wots up?


U may have heard him say 'vegas' or 'vegas on the one'
Which is an instruction to the band om the ending of the jam...
is that what u referrin' 2?
HE put my name across my thigh...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/04/07 1:21pm

LiveToLove

avatar

endorphinuk said:

U may have heard him say 'vegas' or 'vegas on the one'
Which is an instruction to the band om the ending of the jam...
is that what u referrin' 2?


I find this interesting. What kind of instruction? What does he want the band to do - just stop? (as in "on the 1")
"John Bream, why you being fire-hydrant-head-looking..., you big seven eyed, Grover-from-Sesame-Street-looking… why you being dot dot dot?"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/05/07 5:07am

lovealotbare

LiveToLove said:

endorphinuk said:

U may have heard him say 'vegas' or 'vegas on the one'
Which is an instruction to the band om the ending of the jam...
is that what u referrin' 2?


I find this interesting. What kind of instruction? What does he want the band to do - just stop? (as in "on the 1")



if my analysis serves me right its a specific type of crescendo ending / addition to the rhythm currently playing
so there will be that "specific rhythm / arrangement ending or near the ending, on the 1."

"the 1" meaning the next beat after i finish the phrase "On the 1"

confuse ?


The "on the 1" instruction on its own is most often
a complete stop of what is actually playing when he says the "on the 1"
or u may hear a band members name before it so that they start a solo "on the 1" (that next beat)

i think i've even heard "on the 2" which would b the second beat after finiching the phrase.


or i could just b completely wrong?

any 1 else back me up?
( all words arranged herein this post are the copyright of lovealotbare and can be quoted with the appropriate citation "lovealotbare" and weblink to the original arrangement of words! lol )
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/05/07 5:45am

CJBabyDaddy

avatar

lovealotbare said:

LiveToLove said:



I find this interesting. What kind of instruction? What does he want the band to do - just stop? (as in "on the 1")



if my analysis serves me right its a specific type of crescendo ending / addition to the rhythm currently playing
so there will be that "specific rhythm / arrangement ending or near the ending, on the 1."

"the 1" meaning the next beat after i finish the phrase "On the 1"

confuse ?


The "on the 1" instruction on its own is most often
a complete stop of what is actually playing when he says the "on the 1"
or u may hear a band members name before it so that they start a solo "on the 1" (that next beat)

i think i've even heard "on the 2" which would b the second beat after finiching the phrase.


or i could just b completely wrong?

any 1 else back me up?


Correctomundo,but you're on your own on the "on the 2" thing.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/05/07 6:48am

purplerain33

lovealotbare said:

LiveToLove said:



I find this interesting. What kind of instruction? What does he want the band to do - just stop? (as in "on the 1")



if my analysis serves me right its a specific type of crescendo ending / addition to the rhythm currently playing
so there will be that "specific rhythm / arrangement ending or near the ending, on the 1."

"the 1" meaning the next beat after i finish the phrase "On the 1"

confuse ?




The "on the 1" instruction on its own is most often
a complete stop of what is actually playing when he says the "on the 1"
or u may hear a band members name before it so that they start a solo "on the 1" (that next beat)

i think i've even heard "on the 2" which would b the second beat after finiching the phrase.


or i could just b completely wrong?

any 1 else back me up?


eh ????? biggrin biggrin eek
hey.... look me over, tell me do u like what u see
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/05/07 8:56am

m3taverse

The female (old school Prince fan) accompanying me to one of the London shows made the same hilarious mistake as the original poster.
Her excuse was she was tired lol
"this especially prepared potato is called pomme de terre"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > London, Vegas, Where am I?