independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Lets talk about whether the far right is about stupidity... WATCH
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/16/21 12:32pm

ufoclub

avatar

Lets talk about whether the far right is about stupidity... WATCH

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/16/21 4:31pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

It was stupid, but not at all for the reason you think.

They were obviously doing a riff on the Abbott And Costello "Who's On First" bit. Just like Morris & Jerome do in Purple Rain.... "Italright!" "What?!?"

The stupid comes from these idiots thinking that they were funny enough to pull it off, not from actual literal confusion.



[Edited 11/16/21 16:31pm]

LIBERTY > AUTHORITY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/17/21 5:02pm

ufoclub

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

It was stupid, but not at all for the reason you think.

They were obviously doing a riff on the Abbott And Costello "Who's On First" bit. Just like Morris & Jerome do in Purple Rain.... "Italright!" "What?!?"

The stupid comes from these idiots thinking that they were funny enough to pull it off, not from actual literal confusion.



[Edited 11/16/21 16:31pm]

Oh yeah, I see it is being ID'd as a stunt... but then.... what? Does she normally do comedy bits that are self deprecating? I guess if she does, then I hope people see the show for what it is... entertainment.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/17/21 5:35pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

ufoclub said:

djThunderfunk said:

It was stupid, but not at all for the reason you think.

They were obviously doing a riff on the Abbott And Costello "Who's On First" bit. Just like Morris & Jerome do in Purple Rain.... "Italright!" "What?!?"

The stupid comes from these idiots thinking that they were funny enough to pull it off, not from actual literal confusion.



[Edited 11/16/21 16:31pm]

Oh yeah, I see it is being ID'd as a stunt... but then.... what? Does she normally do comedy bits that are self deprecating? I guess if she does, then I hope people see the show for what it is... entertainment.


No idea. Never seen them before. All I know is that they failed to deliver on the bit.
The fact that you didn't catch that it was a bit proves it was a big fail. A cringe-worthy one at that.

LIBERTY > AUTHORITY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/18/21 2:45pm

TruthBomb

ufoclub said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/...;context=3


razz wink lol lol lol lol lol smile smile smile smile biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin lol lol lol lol sad

THIS IS THE BEST YOU GOT WITH A HEADLINE THAT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE...TYPICAL

TALK ABOUT STUPID nuts nuts nuts lol lol lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/18/21 3:13pm

PennyPurple

avatar

May be a cartoon of one or more people and text

U.S.A.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/19/21 6:49am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Bill Maher: Democrats have 'become the party of no common sense'

Bill Maher: Democrats hav... - YouTube

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/19/21 1:51pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

DJ, you are Abbott and Only is Costello.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/20/21 6:45am

ufoclub

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

Bill Maher: Democrats have 'become the party of no common sense'

Bill Maher: Democrats hav... - YouTube

lol

That term "common sense" comes up a lot online. "Common sense", in reality and the scientific era, is not a good thing. The word "common" is the key here to understanding that. It's also perhaps a glimpse into an inherent flaw in conservatism.

Many far right and uneducated people talk about common sense like children unaware of their surroundings and dependencies, things they take for granted due to a limited mentality.

"Common sense" is what told people that the world was flat, or that it was impossible invent huge metal ships that would fly in the air.

I like how most people that post that boast of using "common sense" to figure things out (like the best procedures to deal with Covid 19), don't even have a clue as to how the device they are posting with works.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/20/21 7:30am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Tell us what common sense is, ok?

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/20/21 11:15am

TruthBomb

ufoclub said:



OldFriends4Sale said:




Bill Maher: Democrats have 'become the party of no common sense'



Bill Maher: Democrats hav... - YouTube





lol

That term "common sense" comes up a lot online. "Common sense", in reality and the scientific era, is not a good thing. The word "common" is the key here to understanding that. It's also perhaps a glimpse into an inherent flaw in conservatism.

Many far right and uneducated people talk about common sense like children unaware of their surroundings and dependencies, things they take for granted due to a limited mentality.

"Common sense" is what told people that the world was flat, or that it was impossible invent huge metal ships that would fly in the air.

I like how most people that post that boast of using "common sense" to figure things out (like the best procedures to deal with Covid 19), don't even have a clue as to how the device they are posting with works.


CASE IN POINT…
.
.
.
Not a whole lotta common sense going on in this post
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/20/21 11:55am

uPtoWnNY

ufoclub said:

Many far right and uneducated people talk about common sense like children unaware of their surroundings and dependencies, things they take for granted due to a limited mentality.

nod

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Lets talk about whether the far right is about stupidity... WATCH