independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > 'only two genders'...
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/16/21 6:21am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

'only two genders'...

No one should be fired, suspeded, censored for stating(truth) or their opinion in this arena

.

.

New Hampshire high school... (msn.com)

.

New Hampshire high schooler allegedly suspended for saying there are ‘only two genders’ sues school district

Bradford Betz - Yesterday 5:03 PM

ANew Hampshire student-athlete is suing his school district after he was suspended from a football game for allegedly expressing his views that there are "only two genders."

The lawsuit, filed in Rockingham Superior Court on November 4, alleges that the September suspension violated the student’s constitutional right to free speech and the New Hampshire Bill of Rights because he expressed his religious beliefs.

The plaintiff is also aiming to block the enforcement of Exeter High School’s gender-nonconforming student’s policy because of what he says is its infringement on his First Amendment rights.

Fox News has reached out to Exeter High School, which referred all questions to the school district. The school district did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

The district’s policy on transgender and gender nonconforming students "requires that all programs, activities, and employment practices be free from discrimination based on sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/16/21 10:40am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Leo Kearse on transgender row:
Lorraine Kelly still has a job - Kathleen Stock doesn't

https://youtu.be/VxBSVOsS9qw

Leo Kearse on transgender... - YouTube

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/22/21 6:22am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Catholic Student Suspended From Football After Allegedly Insisting There Are Two Genders. Now He’s Suing The School District.

A New Hampshire high school boy who is a practicing Catholic was suspended from playing football for one game after an exchange off-campus in which he allegedly insisted there are only two genders. Now he and his mother are suing the school district.

“M.P. had an exchange with a progressive student, who is described as not being transgendered, on a school bus. During the conversation, M.P. relayed his belief informed by Catholic teaching that there are two genders, male and female. This exchange was followed by a conversation between the two students over a text messaging app,” NH Journal reported.

The brouhaha started, according to the lawsuit, after a student at Exeter High School claimed in class to be “non-binary” and wanted to be addressed as “they.” On the school bus, M.P was reportedly discussing the difficulty of using third-person pronouns in Spanish when referring to a ‘non-binary person.’ The lawsuit alleges that a female student overheard the conversation and commented, “There’s more than two genders.”

M.P. allegedly replied, ‘No there isn’t: there’s only two genders.” After M.P exited the bus, the female student texted him, the lawsuit claims, demanding, “Give me one valid reason why there’s only two genders.” The lawsuit states there was “a contentious exchange of texts on the issue.”

The lawsuit says the texts were given to the school administration, which “resulted in M.P.’s suspension for reportedly both failing to respect another student’s gender pronouns and for ‘inappropriate language’ used in his texts, such as ‘bozo’ and ‘stfu’,”

The lawsuit states that Exeter High School Assistant Principal Marcy Dovholuk and athletic director and varsity football coach Bill Ball pulled M.P. out of class. The lawsuit asserts, “Dovholuk and Ball stated that the texts showed that M.P. was ‘not respecting pronouns’ and that he needed to “respect how people identify.’”

“Ball told him he was going to suspend him from playing football for one week but then reduced the ban to one game after the student’s mother protested to him that he had done nothing wrong,” The Daily Mail added.

The lawsuit states M.P’s views on gender:

The student does not deny that he violated the Gender Nonconforming Students policy. .. He in fact denied, and will continue to deny, that any person can belong to a gender other than that of “male”or “female.” … The student will never refer to any individual person using plural pronouns such as “they,” using contrived pronouns such as “ze,” or with any similar terminology that reflects values which (the student) does not share. … Regardless of what defendants may think about these words, M.P. did not use profane or insulting language towards any person while in the school building, on a school bus, during school activities, or on school property in any of the events leading up to his athletic suspension and this case.

Catholic Student Suspende...Daily Wire

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/22/21 6:37am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

A Virginia school district has agreed to permanently reinstate a physical education teacher who had been suspended for refusing to refer to transgender students by their preferred pronouns.

“Just today, the court issued a final order permanently prohibiting the Loudoun County Public School Board from punishing me for freely expressing my views,” Byron “Tanner” Cross told reporters after the settlement Monday, Fox News reported.

“I can now confidently continue teaching at Leesburg Elementary School without fear of punishment for expressing my views,” he added.

In June, the district said it would appeal a judge’s decision to reinstate Cross and take the fight to the state’s Supreme Court after federal Judge James Plowman ruled that the Leesburg Elementary School gym teacher could go back to work.

Cross, an outspoken Christian, had sparked outrage at a school meeting on May 25, when he spoke out against proposed Policy 8040 and wouldn’t affirm that a “biological boy can be a girl and vice versa” and was later suspended from the job.

Virginia school board rei...ypost.com)

Physical education teacher Tanner Cross was fired after refusing to call a student by their preferred pronouns.

Meanwhile, Cross and other teachers plan to continue their challenge to Policy 8040 in court, where Cross had previously been granted temporary injunctions forcing the district to reinstate him.

The Alliance Defending Freedom was previously allowed to amend its complaint to add new claims against the policy and to include history teacher Monica Gill and English teacher Kim Wright alongside Cross.

“Freedom of speech and religion includes the freedom not to speak messages contrary to our core beliefs, and public schools shouldn’t require teachers to personally endorse a belief with which they disagree, but that’s exactly what Policy 8040 does,” Gill told Fox News on Monday. “It forces teachers to say things that are untrue and harmful to students.”

At the news conference after the settlement, she said: “Words carry meaning. If teachers are forced to use a pronoun for a student that is not in alignment with their biological sex, they are conveying to that student that gender is fluid, and that is not true. That goes against biology, science, and reality.”

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/22/21 6:51am

RichardS

OldFriends4Sale said:

A Virginia school district has agreed to permanently reinstate a physical education teacher who had been suspended for refusing to refer to transgender students by their preferred pronouns.

“Just today, the court issued a final order permanently prohibiting the Loudoun County Public School Board from punishing me for freely expressing my views,” Byron “Tanner” Cross told reporters after the settlement Monday, Fox News reported.

“I can now confidently continue teaching at Leesburg Elementary School without fear of punishment for expressing my views,” he added.

In June, the district said it would appeal a judge’s decision to reinstate Cross and take the fight to the state’s Supreme Court after federal Judge James Plowman ruled that the Leesburg Elementary School gym teacher could go back to work.

Cross, an outspoken Christian, had sparked outrage at a school meeting on May 25, when he spoke out against proposed Policy 8040 and wouldn’t affirm that a “biological boy can be a girl and vice versa” and was later suspended from the job.

Virginia school board rei...ypost.com)

loudoun-county-schools-teacher-06.jpeg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024

Meanwhile, Cross and other teachers plan to continue their challenge to Policy 8040 in court, where Cross had previously been granted temporary injunctions forcing the district to reinstate him.

The Alliance Defending Freedom was previously allowed to amend its complaint to add new claims against the policy and to include history teacher Monica Gill and English teacher Kim Wright alongside Cross.

“Freedom of speech and religion includes the freedom not to speak messages contrary to our core beliefs, and public schools shouldn’t require teachers to personally endorse a belief with which they disagree, but that’s exactly what Policy 8040 does,” Gill told Fox News on Monday. “It forces teachers to say things that are untrue and harmful to students.”

At the news conference after the settlement, she said: “Words carry meaning. If teachers are forced to use a pronoun for a student that is not in alignment with their biological sex, they are conveying to that student that gender is fluid, and that is not true. That goes against biology, science, and reality.”

That's interesting. I wonder if that would also mean a teacher could refuse to teach that the earth is a sphere, if it went against their beliefs?

[Edited 11/22/21 6:51am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/22/21 6:57am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

keep it on topic ...

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/22/21 10:46am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

"I have absolutely no idea, why anyone thinks why there are 71 genders
Let me get one thing out of the way, gender is binary and it is not a social construct

And that should really be the end of my talk today"

.

Debra Soh: Science doesn't back up 'Gender is a social construct' - YouTube
Debra Soh: Science doesn'... - YouTube

Debra W. Soh is a Canadian science columnist, author, political commentator, and former academic sex researcher.

Soh holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree in psychology from York University in Toronto.
Her dissertation was titled Functional and Structural Neuroimaging of Paraphilic Hypersexuality in Men, and her committee included Keith Schneider of York University and James Cantor of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health.
During her graduate studies, Soh received the Michael Smith Foreign Research Award from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and York's Provost Dissertation Scholarship.

While at York, she studied paraphilias, which are abnormal sexual preferences.
Her research indicates that these are neurological conditions rather than learned behaviours.

Career

Soh has written articles for Quillette, The Globe and Mail, New York magazine, Playboy, Los Angeles Times, and The Wall Street Journal. She began hosting Quillette's Wrongspeak podcast with Jonathan Kay in May 2018. Soh describes herself as a former feminist who later became disillusioned with the term.

In a 2015 editorial, Soh criticized the prevalence of childhood gender transitions, advising parents and doctors to wait "until a child has reached cognitive maturity." Soh's essay, which referenced gender non-conforming aspects of her own childhood, argued that "a social transition back to one's original gender role can be an emotionally difficult experience." David A. French characterized this as "an understatement." Soh has also written against anti-conversion therapy laws that include both sexual orientation and gender identity, believing that such laws conflate the two and prevent legitimate therapeutic counselling for individuals with gender dysphoria. She believes that the current societal view to allow for gender transition in childhood is mostly based on homophobia due to studies which show that many transgender children will desist and detransition in adolescence and early adulthood and come out as gay or lesbian. Fellow Canadian academics Florence Ashley and Alexandre Baril disputed Soh's interpretation of these studies.

Soh opposed the 2015 decision to close Toronto's gender identity clinic, which was known for beginning treatment after or during puberty in most cases. A previous inquiry had put the clinic's chief physician, Kenneth Zucker, at odds with other gender dysphoria specialists who encourage social transitions at ages as young as three. Critics of Soh on this matter have stated that hormones are prescribed after puberty according to the Endocrine Society guidelines

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/22/21 10:51am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Do we really need this? As a human species, do we need labels for what attracts us? In such natural basic ways?

A list of genders & s...eebly.com)

SEXUALITY

Romantic Orientation- Who you are romantically attracted to meaning wanting to be in a romantic relationship with and is unrelated to sexual attraction.
Sexual Orientation- Who you are sexually attracted to meaning who you get turned on by or who you would want to engage in sexual behaviors with.


*note all listed below are applicable also to romantic orientations. These take the prefix of the word and the ending -romantic, i.e. heteroromantic, panromantic, aromantic.


Heterosexual- The attraction to a gender different from their own (commonly used to describe someone who is gender binary [female or male] attracted to the other binary gender).
Homosexual- The attraction to a gender the same as their own (commonly used to describe someone who is gender binary [female or male] attracted to the same binary gender). Sometimess referred to as gay.
Lesbian- Women who are attracted only to other women
Bisexual- When you are attracted to two or more genders. This term is generally used to describe being attracted to men and women, but can apply to being attracted to any two or more genders. Note that you do not have to be equally attracted to each gender.
Pansexual- When you are attracted to all genders and/or do not concern gender when you are attracted towards someone
Bicurious- People who are open to experiment with genders that are not only their own, but do not know if they are open to forming any sort of relationship with multiple genders.
Polysexual- When you are attracted to many genders

Monosexual- Being attracted to only one gender
Allosexual- When you are not asexual (attracted to at least one gender)
Androsexual- Being attracted to masculine gender presentation
Gynosexual- Being attracted to feminine gender presentation
Questioning- People who are debating their own sexuality/gender
Asexual- Not experiencing sexual attraction (note that you can also be aromantic and you do not necessarily have to be asexual and aromantic at the same time). Sometimes the term, ace, is used to describe asexuals.

Demisexual- When you only experience sexual attraction after forming a strong emotional bond first or a romantic bond
Grey Asexual- When you only experience attraction rarely, on a very low scale, or only under certain circumstances
Perioriented- When your sexual and romantic orientation targets the same gender (for example being heteromantic and heterosexual or being biromantic and bisexual)
Varioriented- When your sexual and romantic orientations do not target the same set of genders (for example being heteromantic and bisexual or being homoromantic and pansexual)
Heteronormative- The belief that hetersexuality is the norm and that sex, gender, sexuality, and gender roles all align
Erasure- Ignoring the existance of genders and sexualities in the middle of the spectrum
Cishet- Someone who is both cisgendered and heterosexual. This is sometimes used as a slur.
Polyamorous- An umbrella term referring to people who have or are open to have consensually have relationships with multiple people at the same time
Monoamorous- People who have or or open to have relationships with only one other person at a time. The term, monogamous, is also sometimes used.
Queer- A reclaimed slur for anybody in the LGBT+ community or who do not identify as cisgender and/or hetersexual/heteromantic
Ally- A supporter of the LGBT+ community that does not identify as LGBT+

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/23/21 10:58am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

J.K. Rowling condemns act... (msn.com)

J.K. Rowling condemns activists for posting a photo of her address: 'I’ve now received so many death threats'

J.K. Rowling's controversial posts about trans women continue to divide her fans, with the furor against her reaching a new level over the weekend, when activists shared the author's home address on Twitter.

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/23/21 11:18am

RichardS

OldFriends4Sale said:

J.K. Rowling condemns act... (msn.com)

J.K. Rowling condemns activists for posting a photo of her address: 'I’ve now received so many death threats'

J.K. Rowling's controversial posts about trans women continue to divide her fans, with the furor against her reaching a new level over the weekend, when activists shared the author's home address on Twitter.

Posting her address was wrong.

Ironically they took the tweet down after threats were made against them as well.

Basically extermists of any sort are usually to be condemned (in a non-violent way of course!).

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/24/21 7:03am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

DETRANSITION: My story, and what I wish I knew


AAUvwnh-FYYkjoGJsWVJELXyWJyl-nDBwTrLzYDKK37wzA=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

https://youtu.be/rC7EtIeWrPs

Howdy. I'm a FTMTF detransitioner, and felt that there wasn't as many videos online about detransition as there should be, so I have uploaded my video to the mix. Enjoy. P.s. The audio and video gets a bit choppy towards the last 10 minutes, so apologies. If you have any questions, leave them down below and I'll try to answer them!


.

MY DETRANSITION TIMELINE


https://youtu.be/duY4lCfGZSA
Howdy guys. Today I bring to you my detransiton timeline video, with all my embarrassing old photos. Enjoy. Also, if you're new here, I am a female, to male, to female detransitioner. I am not against people transitioning, it just wasn't the right decision for me. Instagram: @the.barnesof18 Twitter: @OffenseIntended

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/24/21 7:45am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Fairfax County Public Schools adding 2 books back to library after parents called them 'pornography'

Laura Wainman, Kolbie Satterfield -

Editor's Note: The video above is from Oct. 7.

Two books that were temporarily removed from library shelves in Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) will be reinstated, according to school officials.

“Gender Queer: A Memoir” by Maia Kobabe and “Lawn Boy” by Jonathan Evison were pulled from shelves after parent complaints in September, prompting a two-month review by the school district. The formal challenge alleged the books, both of which examine the constructs of sexual and gender identities, were explicit and referenced pedophilia.

FCPS convened two committees made up of school administrators, librarians, parents, and students to determine if the books should be kept in schools. The decision was unanimous to keep both books.

"The decision reaffirms FCPS’ ongoing commitment to provide diverse reading materials that reflect our student population, allowing every child an opportunity to see themselves reflected in literary characters," FCPS said in a statement. "Both reviews concluded that the books were valuable in their potential to reach marginalized youth who may struggle to find relatable literary characters that reflect their personal journeys."

"Lawn Boy" was previously in 11 FCPS high schools, while "Gender Queer" was in seven. The review committee found that neither book depicts nor describes pedophilia.

"I am satisfied that the books were selected according to FCPS regulations and are appropriate to include in libraries that serve high school students," Noel Klimenko, assistant superintendent for Instructional Services, said. "Both books have value beyond their pages for students who may struggle to find relatable stories.”

In October, peaceful protests outside a school board meeting pitted parents against a coalition of students called the Pride Liberation Project (PLP), who had released a letter to the school board with more than 400 signatures asking them to reject the attacks against Queer literature.

“I was privy to seeing pages of pornography that is absolutely disgusting. And that I cannot believe is in the school,” Maria Sherwell, an FCPS parent, said at the rally. “It's purely pornography. I don't care what the subject, the genre of the book, whether it is heterosexual or homosexual.”

"They don’t bat an eyelash at rape scenes in our English readings they only care that it’s Queer,” responded a PLP member.

A similar reversal occurred in Spotsylvania County after the School Board's decision to ban books deemed "sexually explicit" from school libraries was reversed less than a week later; the board's attorney said the decision was unconstitutional. Two school board members even advocated for burning the books, with one calling them "sickening."

“I cannot believe that I’m standing here tonight at a school board meeting in America in 2021 and having to talk about school books being banned," one librarian said."This entire concept is so ridiculous.”

Fairfax County Public Sch... (msn.com)

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/24/21 9:58am

RichardS

OldFriends4Sale said:

Fairfax County Public Schools adding 2 books back to library after parents called them 'pornography'

Laura Wainman, Kolbie Satterfield -

Editor's Note: The video above is from Oct. 7.

Two books that were temporarily removed from library shelves in Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) will be reinstated, according to school officials.

“Gender Queer: A Memoir” by Maia Kobabe and “Lawn Boy” by Jonathan Evison were pulled from shelves after parent complaints in September, prompting a two-month review by the school district. The formal challenge alleged the books, both of which examine the constructs of sexual and gender identities, were explicit and referenced pedophilia.

FCPS convened two committees made up of school administrators, librarians, parents, and students to determine if the books should be kept in schools. The decision was unanimous to keep both books.

"The decision reaffirms FCPS’ ongoing commitment to provide diverse reading materials that reflect our student population, allowing every child an opportunity to see themselves reflected in literary characters," FCPS said in a statement. "Both reviews concluded that the books were valuable in their potential to reach marginalized youth who may struggle to find relatable literary characters that reflect their personal journeys."

"Lawn Boy" was previously in 11 FCPS high schools, while "Gender Queer" was in seven. The review committee found that neither book depicts nor describes pedophilia.

"I am satisfied that the books were selected according to FCPS regulations and are appropriate to include in libraries that serve high school students," Noel Klimenko, assistant superintendent for Instructional Services, said. "Both books have value beyond their pages for students who may struggle to find relatable stories.”

In October, peaceful protests outside a school board meeting pitted parents against a coalition of students called the Pride Liberation Project (PLP), who had released a letter to the school board with more than 400 signatures asking them to reject the attacks against Queer literature.

“I was privy to seeing pages of pornography that is absolutely disgusting. And that I cannot believe is in the school,” Maria Sherwell, an FCPS parent, said at the rally. “It's purely pornography. I don't care what the subject, the genre of the book, whether it is heterosexual or homosexual.”

"They don’t bat an eyelash at rape scenes in our English readings they only care that it’s Queer,” responded a PLP member.

A similar reversal occurred in Spotsylvania County after the School Board's decision to ban books deemed "sexually explicit" from school libraries was reversed less than a week later; the board's attorney said the decision was unconstitutional. Two school board members even advocated for burning the books, with one calling them "sickening."

“I cannot believe that I’m standing here tonight at a school board meeting in America in 2021 and having to talk about school books being banned," one librarian said."This entire concept is so ridiculous.”

Fairfax County Public Sch... (msn.com)

The right wants to ban and censor everything they don't like wink

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > 'only two genders'...