independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Big Covid spike. Come on asshats get vaccinated!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 48 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/23/21 12:28pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Big Covid spike. Come on asshats get vaccinated!

This will bring back lockdowns you dipshits! Another Varient could jump vaccines, meaning they would not work. Rates are now at 45 thousand today. It should be only a few thousand. Get the vaccine you right wing pig fucks. You are wrecking my summer. Noam Chomsky talked about Ebola--it kills you and is easy to get. It is in Africa, but could come here. Imagine that horror? Would make Covid look like puddin.

Be responsible and help us out before it is too late.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/23/21 1:01pm

Strive

Imagine having such slave logic baked inside yourself that you think freedom is something that can be taken and given by the government.

.

Imagine thinking the solution to a "pandemic" that kills less than 1% of those infected is an experimental vaccine that doesn't actually prevent infection.
.

Nah, dude, I'll just keep living normally in Florida. Feel free to re-inject yourself with science juice every 4 months and wear 15 masks or whatever other nonsense the gov's telling you to do today.

.

[Edited 7/23/21 13:03pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/23/21 1:09pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

Strive is holding out for the black plague.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/23/21 3:52pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Strive said:

Imagine having such slave logic baked inside yourself that you think freedom is something that can be taken and given by the government.

.

Imagine thinking the solution to a "pandemic" that kills less than 1% of those infected is an experimental vaccine that doesn't actually prevent infection.
.

Nah, dude, I'll just keep living normally in Florida. Feel free to re-inject yourself with science juice every 4 months and wear 15 masks or whatever other nonsense the gov's telling you to do today.

.

[Edited 7/23/21 13:03pm]

Good Luck, you are going to need it.

99% of the people who are getting the delta varient who AREN'T vaccinated die.


If you got the vaccine and get it, it's rare that you would even be hospitalized.


The pfizer vaccine will be FDA approved in a matter of weeks. After that happens, it will be much easier to Mandate the vax.

U.S.A.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/23/21 4:33pm

Strive

Oh no, I'm going to die. I'M GOING TO DIE!!!! HELP ME EVERYBODY I'M GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!

.

We're all going to die, you hysterical nurse. I'm not fat, I don't have a pre-existing health condition and I'm under 60. If I haven't already gotten covid in the past year and a half, there's a 99.9% chance I will beat it.

.

And guess what? If I don't beat it, I'm going to be dead. Who cares.

.

There's worse fates than dying in my house (because I certainly don't trust hospital workers like you trying to take care of me if I'm sick)

.

I'm not going to stop living because there's a 0.01% chance I'll die early. Same reason I won't stop driving or doing any of the other stuff I enjoy. And I'm certainly not going to take some vaccine with as many known side effects as the covid vaccines to avoid potential complications of catching covid.

.

Again, I live in Florida. We are a free state with a governor that isn't a dummy. And I work from home so good luck with your mandate.

.

[Edited 7/23/21 16:38pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/23/21 5:09pm

uPtoWnNY

I haven't been vaccinated, never tested positive(so far).

I'm not one of these right-wing conspiracy-theorist-fuckwads, either. I just have concerns about the long-trem effects.

Even though I'm 60. I've been weight-training for nearly 35 years, and I keep my immune system strong. I'll take my chances (and hope my job doesn't force me to get vaccinated).

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/24/21 4:29am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Strive, for the love of God get the juice. I did and I'm fine. Did have body aches for a few days. Be a better American.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/24/21 4:30am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

You have these idiots in the NFL who haven't had the juice. It's not the Tuskedgee experiment now you morons. Race essentialism is a cancer. Don't let the fucks play.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/24/21 5:42am

EmmaMcG

avatar

I'm 99.9% sure that Strive is a parody account operated by a left-leaning orger to highlight how stupid a lot of right wing Americans are.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/24/21 5:53am

PennyPurple

avatar

Strive has it all wrong.


Covid doesn't care how old or young you are, it doesn't care if you are in shape or out of shape, it doesn't care what color you are, it doesn't care if you are a church goer or not, it doesn't care who your govenor is, it doesn't care which party you are a part of, it doesn't care if you work from home or are on the front lines, it doesn't care if you are rich or poor.


Fact is: It's a killer.

U.S.A.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/24/21 10:58am

jjhunsecker

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

I haven't been vaccinated, never tested positive(so far).



I'm not one of these right-wing conspiracy-theorist-fuckwads, either. I just have concerns about the long-trem effects.



Even though I'm 60. I've been weight-training for nearly 35 years, and I keep my immune system strong. I'll take my chances (and hope my job doesn't force me to get vaccinated).



Uptown, it’s funny... you and I are roughly the same age and come from similar backgrounds. We usually seem to agree on a lot of issues.... but I couldn’t wait until I could get my shot! I got it the very first week I was eligible. I just wanted relief from the constant nagging in the back of my brain that if I caught it I would be a goner (I know 3 people who died- one was an older man, the other 2 younger than me, one of those almost 20 years younger)
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/24/21 11:07am

jjhunsecker

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

You have these idiots in the NFL who haven't had the juice. It's not the Tuskedgee experiment now you morons. Race essentialism is a cancer. Don't let the fucks play.



Again, what the fuck is “race essentialism “ ?
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/24/21 1:23pm

Strive

PennyPurple said:

Strive has it all wrong.


Covid doesn't care how old or young you are, it doesn't care if you are in shape or out of shape, it doesn't care what color you are, it doesn't care if you are a church goer or not, it doesn't care who your govenor is, it doesn't care which party you are a part of, it doesn't care if you work from home or are on the front lines, it doesn't care if you are rich or poor.


Fact is: It's a killer.

Let me say sorry for yesterday. I was a little heated and it's wasn't fair. Sometimes I lose myself in the fun of being an asshole online.

.

That said, I follow facts. The facts are if you are not elderly and if you don't have a preexisting condition (and yes obesity and malnutrition is a preexisting condition), your chances of beating covid are astronomically high (as long as our medical system doesn't try to put you on a ventilator, that's a death sentence if you have covid)

If what you think was true, Florida's healthcare system would be overrun, there would be bodies in the streets, people at my church would be dropping like flies. But they are not. I go to the store, nobody is wearing masks. I go to church, nobody is wearing masks. You go to the beach, it's jam packed with people. Life is back to normal in the sunshine state.

No matter what scare tactics our federal government and partisan media attempt to push. Vaccines will not stop covid. Covid is unstoppable. But thankfully as it mutates to become more contagious, its symptoms are also weakening.

.

I know you mean well but I don't fear death. If you do, take the vaccine and behave the way you could behave today if you weren't afraid. Just like masks, it doesn't change anything except your mindset. It's security theatre.

.

[Edited 7/24/21 13:30pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/24/21 1:53pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Strive has it all wrong.



Covid doesn't care how old or young you are, it doesn't care if you are in shape or out of shape, it doesn't care what color you are, it doesn't care if you are a church goer or not, it doesn't care who your govenor is, it doesn't care which party you are a part of, it doesn't care if you work from home or are on the front lines, it doesn't care if you are rich or poor.



Fact is: It's a killer.



You’re a member of the fact and science based community, Penny
Others are not
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/24/21 2:14pm

2elijah

avatar

PennyPurple said:



Strive said:


Imagine having such slave logic baked inside yourself that you think freedom is something that can be taken and given by the government.


.


Imagine thinking the solution to a "pandemic" that kills less than 1% of those infected is an experimental vaccine that doesn't actually prevent infection.
.


Nah, dude, I'll just keep living normally in Florida. Feel free to re-inject yourself with science juice every 4 months and wear 15 masks or whatever other nonsense the gov's telling you to do today.


.


[Edited 7/23/21 13:03pm]



Good Luck, you are going to need it.



99% of the people who are getting the delta varient who AREN'T vaccinated die.



If you got the vaccine and get it, it's rare that you would even be hospitalized.



The pfizer vaccine will be FDA approved in a matter of weeks. After that happens, it will be much easier to Mandate the vax.


When the covid struck in the early months, about 10 members of my family got it. One a 17 year old, and the rest between 30s - early 70s. They all beat it, thank goodness. Majority of them are now vaccinated, including myself. I was skeptic of the vaccine at first, but so far no complications from the vaccine, and none from any family members who got the shot.
PRESIDENT BIDEN, VICE-PRESIDENT HARRIS clapping
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/24/21 2:55pm

Strive

jjhunsecker said:

You’re a member of the fact and science based community, Penny Others are not

You can present facts in a certain bias way to lead people to the conclusions you want.

You read UK news and they're saying that the vaccines are useless against the delta varant, therefore everybody should continue to lockdown. You read US news and they're saying that vaccines are the only thing that can stop the delta varant, therefore everybody should get vaccinated. Well, which one is fact?

Penny says that 99% of people getting hospitalized are unvaccinated. Ok. Is this nationally? What's the number of people getting hospitalized per day? What's the rate of vaccination per state? What's the number of people testing positive per day compared to the rate of hospitalization? Is it 0.01% of positive cases getting hospitalized then 99% of that 0.01% getting hospitalized? What's the demographics of those getting hosptialized? What's the demographics of those who are dying? Are they mostly elderly people or fat people or people with some sort of pre-existing condition? How does that compare to the number of those people that test positive?


These are all important questions we should be asking instead of parroting whatever narrative the media wants us to parrot at the time.

.

Blindly trusting scientists or fact checkers or what is "common sense" is the antithesis of science.

At that point, you don't have science anymore, you have a false religion with all the dogma but none of the divine that real religion has.
.

[Edited 7/24/21 15:08pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/24/21 3:44pm

fortuneandsere
ndipity

PennyPurple said:

Strive has it all wrong.


Covid doesn't care how old or young you are, it doesn't care if you are in shape or out of shape, it doesn't care what color you are, it doesn't care if you are a church goer or not, it doesn't care who your govenor is, it doesn't care which party you are a part of, it doesn't care if you work from home or are on the front lines, it doesn't care if you are rich or poor.


Fact is: It's a killer.


But it does care about what level your vitamin d is at and whether you have ivermectin in the medicine cabinet.

The hypocrisy of the far-left is something else.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - this is where all religions fall down.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/24/21 5:04pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

I say this...If some choose not to get vaccinated, and they catch the virus, and get sick anf/or die, it's on them. They made their choice, and they have to live (or die) with it

#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/24/21 5:08pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

Strive said:

jjhunsecker said:

You’re a member of the fact and science based community, Penny Others are not

You can present facts in a certain bias way to lead people to the conclusions you want.

You read UK news and they're saying that the vaccines are useless against the delta varant, therefore everybody should continue to lockdown. You read US news and they're saying that vaccines are the only thing that can stop the delta varant, therefore everybody should get vaccinated. Well, which one is fact?

Penny says that 99% of people getting hospitalized are unvaccinated. Ok. Is this nationally? What's the number of people getting hospitalized per day? What's the rate of vaccination per state? What's the number of people testing positive per day compared to the rate of hospitalization? Is it 0.01% of positive cases getting hospitalized then 99% of that 0.01% getting hospitalized? What's the demographics of those getting hosptialized? What's the demographics of those who are dying? Are they mostly elderly people or fat people or people with some sort of pre-existing condition? How does that compare to the number of those people that test positive?


These are all important questions we should be asking instead of parroting whatever narrative the media wants us to parrot at the time.

.

Blindly trusting scientists or fact checkers or what is "common sense" is the antithesis of science.

At that point, you don't have science anymore, you have a false religion with all the dogma but none of the divine that real religion has.
.

[Edited 7/24/21 15:08pm]

All these questions have readily available answers if you want them



Except maybe in your state:

https://www.aol.com/news/...35760.html.

"When Florida changed the frequency of its virus reporting earlier this month, officials said it made sense given the decreasing number of cases and the increasing number of people being vaccinated.

Cases started soaring soon after, and Florida earlier this week made up up one-fifth of the country's new coronavirus infections. As a result, Florida's weekly releases — typically done on Friday afternoons — have consequences for the country's understanding of the current summer surge, with no statewide COVID stats coming out of the virus hotspot for six days a week.

In Florida's last two weekly reports, the number of new cases shot up from 23,000 to 45,000 and then 73,000 on Friday, an average of more than 10,000 day. Hospitals are starting to run out of space in parts of the state.

With cases rising, Democrats and other critics have urged state officials and Gov. Ron DeSantis to resume daily outbreak updates.

“There was absolutely no reason to eliminate the daily updates beyond an effort to pretend like there are no updates,” said state Rep. Anna Eskamani, a Democrat from the Orlando area.

The trend of reducing data reporting has alarmed infectious disease specialists who believe that more information is better during a pandemic. People have come to rely on state virus dashboards to help make decisions about whether to attend large gatherings or wear masks in public, and understanding the level of risk in the community affects how people respond to virus restrictions and calls to get vaccinated. "

Talk about playing political games with the virus

But I'm sure you're going to believe whatever suits you

[Edited 7/24/21 17:12pm]

#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/24/21 5:32pm

Strive

Which parts of the state? What hospitals are "running out of space"? Those are some big claims with literally nothing behind it.

.

SOARING! SHOT UP! RISING!
.
It sounds like the media is mad that they can't keep up the fearmongering with their selective and alarmist reporting.

[Edited 7/24/21 17:33pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/24/21 7:18pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

Strive said:

Which parts of the state? What hospitals are "running out of space"? Those are some big claims with literally nothing behind it.


.


SOARING! SHOT UP! RISING!
.
It sounds like the media is mad that they can't keep up the fearmongering with their selective and alarmist reporting.

[Edited 7/24/21 17:33pm]



You do you, man...
Just hope you have a plot already set up
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/25/21 6:39am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

Our immune systems should be so strong that this virus can't multiply to a load that goes past the throat. But hey ho, modern lifestyles.


The hypocrisy of the far-left is something else.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - this is where all religions fall down.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/25/21 6:47am

PennyPurple

avatar

fortuneandserendipity said:

Our immune systems should be so strong that this virus can't multiply to a load that goes past the throat. But hey ho, modern lifestyles.


But they aren't. One can't build up immunity for something that came out of nowhere.

U.S.A.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/25/21 7:14am

uPtoWnNY

jjhunsecker said:

I say this...If some choose not to get vaccinated, and they catch the virus, and get sick anf/or die, it's on them. They made their choice, and they have to live (or die) with it

Absolutely!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/25/21 7:36am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

PennyPurple said:

fortuneandserendipity said:

Our immune systems should be so strong that this virus can't multiply to a load that goes past the throat. But hey ho, modern lifestyles.


But they aren't. One can't build up immunity for something that came out of nowhere.


That wouldn't explain asymptomatics. You think the reason why at least 1 in 3 infections are with no noticeable symptoms is merely genetics? Nothing whatever to do with lifestyle choices?

Further, the UK is arguably a nation of alcoholics, at least among the young. (By my measure drinking every day makes someone an alcoholic). The statistics on weekend binge drinking indicate most young people are drinking heavily on at least 2 of the 3 nights. Alcohol is terrible for the immune system. I would rather be a 60 year old teetotaller facing the virus - assuming such person healthy in other ways - than have a 25 year old body damaged by alcohol, confronted with it.

The hypocrisy of the far-left is something else.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - this is where all religions fall down.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/25/21 7:44am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

uPtoWnNY said:

jjhunsecker said:

I say this...If some choose not to get vaccinated, and they catch the virus, and get sick anf/or die, it's on them. They made their choice, and they have to live (or die) with it

Absolutely!

?
Well somewhat true. There's always a diametrically opposed other side to the argument. https://news.sky.com/stor...e-12318667

The hypocrisy of the far-left is something else.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - this is where all religions fall down.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/25/21 8:39am

PennyPurple

avatar

Florida’s COVID-19 hospitalizations and cases again jumped significantly this week as the vaccination rate in rural counties where some of the worst outbreaks are occurring remains well below the state and national averages.

About 5,300 Floridians are now hospitalized with COVID, a 65% jump since last week and nearly a tripling since June 14 when 1,845 were hospitalized, the Florida Hospital Association said. Officials have said more than 95% of those hospitalized were not vaccinated.


................



"We are seeing younger people in their 20s and 30s with not much risk factors -- not obese, not diabetic — coming in very sick," Abbo said. "Some of them requiring potential lung transplants."

U.S.A.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/25/21 9:22am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

^ A lot of people in their 20s and 30s are heavy drinkers and not into keeping fit. The assumption that if someone isn't obese or diabetic that must mean they have optimal health and in best condition to fight off a killer virus is erroneous, and yet that view is frequently perpetuated by the remove-nuance-at-all-costs-because-thats-what-enables-reporting-on-more-stories-and-gains-most-viewers TV media.

The hypocrisy of the far-left is something else.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - this is where all religions fall down.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/25/21 9:31am

EmmaMcG

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Florida’s COVID-19 hospitalizations and cases again jumped significantly this week as the vaccination rate in rural counties where some of the worst outbreaks are occurring remains well below the state and national averages.


About 5,300 Floridians are now hospitalized with COVID, a 65% jump since last week and nearly a tripling since June 14 when 1,845 were hospitalized, the Florida Hospital Association said. Officials have said more than 95% of those hospitalized were not vaccinated.



.....





"We are seeing younger people in their 20s and 30s with not much risk factors -- not obese, not diabetic — coming in very sick," Abbo said. "Some of them requiring potential lung transplants."



If people refuse a vaccine they should be refused medical treatment if they catch the virus (unless they've been advised by a doctor not to be vaccinated on medical grounds). That would free up a lot of space in hospitals for people who deserve treatment.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/25/21 9:40am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

^ They should also be made to watch "A Serbian Film" on repeat.

The hypocrisy of the far-left is something else.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - this is where all religions fall down.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 48 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Big Covid spike. Come on asshats get vaccinated!