independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > What can Be Done to Counter React this Assualt on Democracy by Trump and Republicans?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/15/21 11:45am

Astasheiks

avatar

What can Be Done to Counter React this Assualt on Democracy by Trump and Republicans?

"Trump is, meanwhile, moving to tighten his grip over national elections by effectively installing acolytes in positions of power in state GOP parties as local Republican legislators pass laws making it harder for Democrats to vote that also weaken non-partisan control of elections, which could make them easier to steal in the future.
The new account also raises even more questions about senior Republican leaders' attitude toward Trump. Given the close links between Capitol Hill and the top echelons of the military, it is impossible to believe that Milley's testimony in the book will come as a surprise to congressional leaders or that they did not understand his fears in real time. Even if they didn't know, the fact that the GOP is still protecting, elevating and preparing to follow Trump into the 2022 midterm elections suggests even greater complicity with his offenses against democracy.
If the 2024 GOP nominating contest were taking place now, Trump would be the favorite, and he is giving every sign that he may indeed run for the White House again, meaning the idea of a return to power is not out of the question -- even if new evidence of a despotic temperament might harm his chances in a national election.
His grip on the Republican Party was underlined, again, with the news Thursday that House Minority Leader Kev... President in New Jersey."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/politics/donald-trump-danger-mark-milley-new-book/index.html
Seems Like a New Movement need to Start before its too late! eek smile confused razz biggrin mad

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/15/21 12:55pm

uPtoWnNY

Astasheiks said:

Seems Like a New Movement need to Start before its too late! eek smile confused razz biggrin mad

nod

Those 2022 mid-term elections will be critical.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/15/21 1:50pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Yep! And The Future.... 2024 Election crysball eye

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/15/21 3:31pm

TruthBomb

Astasheiks said:

"Trump is, meanwhile, moving to tighten his grip over national elections by effectively installing acolytes in positions of power in state GOP parties as local Republican legislators pass laws making it harder for Democrats to vote that also weaken non-partisan control of elections, which could make them easier to steal in the future.
The new account also raises even more questions about senior Republican leaders' attitude toward Trump. Given the close links between Capitol Hill and the top echelons of the military, it is impossible to believe that Milley's testimony in the book will come as a surprise to congressional leaders or that they did not understand his fears in real time. Even if they didn't know, the fact that the GOP is still protecting, elevating and preparing to follow Trump into the 2022 midterm elections suggests even greater complicity with his offenses against democracy.
If the 2024 GOP nominating contest were taking place now, Trump would be the favorite, and he is giving every sign that he may indeed run for the White House again, meaning the idea of a return to power is not out of the question -- even if new evidence of a despotic temperament might harm his chances in a national election.
His grip on the Republican Party was underlined, again, with the news Thursday that House Minority Leader Kev... President in New Jersey."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/politics/donald-trump-danger-mark-milley-new-book/index.html
Seems Like a New Movement need to Start before its too late! eek smile confused razz biggrin mad

Wait hold up did you just quote CNN??? Lyin fake news Clown News Network lol lol lol lol

2022 RED WAVE COMIN....

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/15/21 3:47pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

You should have quoted Fox instead.,.
Who tell you NOT to get vaccinated... while it’s founder received HIS shot before the Queen of England and the President of the United States
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/15/21 3:59pm

Graycap23

avatar

Putting mofos in Prison where they belong.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/15/21 5:08pm

IanRG

TruthBomb said:

Astasheiks said:

"Trump is, meanwhile, moving to tighten his grip over national elections by effectively installing acolytes in positions of power in state GOP parties as local Republican legislators pass laws making it harder for Democrats to vote that also weaken non-partisan control of elections, which could make them easier to steal in the future.
The new account also raises even more questions about senior Republican leaders' attitude toward Trump. Given the close links between Capitol Hill and the top echelons of the military, it is impossible to believe that Milley's testimony in the book will come as a surprise to congressional leaders or that they did not understand his fears in real time. Even if they didn't know, the fact that the GOP is still protecting, elevating and preparing to follow Trump into the 2022 midterm elections suggests even greater complicity with his offenses against democracy.
If the 2024 GOP nominating contest were taking place now, Trump would be the favorite, and he is giving every sign that he may indeed run for the White House again, meaning the idea of a return to power is not out of the question -- even if new evidence of a despotic temperament might harm his chances in a national election.
His grip on the Republican Party was underlined, again, with the news Thursday that House Minority Leader Kev... President in New Jersey."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/politics/donald-trump-danger-mark-milley-new-book/index.html
Seems Like a New Movement need to Start before its too late! eek smile confused razz biggrin mad

Wait hold up did you just quote CNN??? Lyin fake news Clown News Network lol lol lol lol

2022 RED WAVE COMIN....

.

Better dead than red.

.

The simple answer is get out and vote. Trump openly stated the GOP cannot win if the vote is high and this was clearly demonstrated by him being the sitting president who was voted out by largest number of voters ever.

.

The harder answer to solve the long term problem is seek to actually introduce a democracy to the USA:

.

- Remove the college system so it is one vote, one person,

.

- Break the duopoly by introducing a preferencial system or run off elections,

.

- Maximise sufferage with integrity instead of seeking ways to prevent people from the other side voting or having their votes counted,

.

- Stop State elected officials from being able to impose different rules and conditions on the Federal results that are aimed at making it more difficult for people in the poor parts of Urban areas to vote.

.

- Correct the perverse gerrymandering in urban districts to minimise representation and in rural areas to maximise representation.

.

- Remove the political processes for selecting Judges and other strategic civil service positions so you have a true separation of powers that will see the that law is applied on legal not political grounds.

.

- Restructure the presidency so they are no longer 18th century temporary ruling monarchs governing by the equivalent of royal decrees.

.

Make elected officials genuinely subject to checks and balances, not the show "courts" in the impeachment process. This would mean that partisan politicians would not just forgive people for failed insurrection attempts to protect their own seat and party.

.

- Media reform where the broadcasting regulators focus just as much on preventing bias in web, radio and free to air, subscription and streaming TV news as they do on rating shows and movies. This is to stop CNN and Fox and all the radio and internet stations from just being the Pravda of their political parties. Return the media to seeking to have the role of being the 4th estate calling out politicians from all sides equally without fear or favour - where fair and balanced is a goal, not just an abandoned advertising lie.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/16/21 5:16am

Empress

TruthBomb said:

Astasheiks said:

"Trump is, meanwhile, moving to tighten his grip over national elections by effectively installing acolytes in positions of power in state GOP parties as local Republican legislators pass laws making it harder for Democrats to vote that also weaken non-partisan control of elections, which could make them easier to steal in the future.
The new account also raises even more questions about senior Republican leaders' attitude toward Trump. Given the close links between Capitol Hill and the top echelons of the military, it is impossible to believe that Milley's testimony in the book will come as a surprise to congressional leaders or that they did not understand his fears in real time. Even if they didn't know, the fact that the GOP is still protecting, elevating and preparing to follow Trump into the 2022 midterm elections suggests even greater complicity with his offenses against democracy.
If the 2024 GOP nominating contest were taking place now, Trump would be the favorite, and he is giving every sign that he may indeed run for the White House again, meaning the idea of a return to power is not out of the question -- even if new evidence of a despotic temperament might harm his chances in a national election.
His grip on the Republican Party was underlined, again, with the news Thursday that House Minority Leader Kev... President in New Jersey."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/15/politics/donald-trump-danger-mark-milley-new-book/index.html
Seems Like a New Movement need to Start before its too late! eek smile confused razz biggrin mad

Wait hold up did you just quote CNN??? Lyin fake news Clown News Network lol lol lol lol

2022 RED WAVE COMIN....

No, I think it came from Fox, you know the Fucked Over Xenophobics.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/16/21 6:42am

2elijah

avatar

By not falling for the bs the crazy right has been selling. Lies, and trying to make anyone who calls out this country about its injustices, a terrorist. The right are running scared so they have to depend on lies and fear tactics to brainwash their base.

Don’t allow them to put fear into voting no matter how many restrictions the repubs are desperately trying to impose on specific voters, because they fear the Browning of America, and the political power that change can bring.
If the righties didn’t fear ‘the change’ they wouldn’t be running scared, needing lies and fear as their desperation to kill democracy.
[Edited 7/16/21 6:45am]
PRESIDENT BIDEN, VICE-PRESIDENT HARRIS clapping
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/16/21 9:28am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

We have no democracy. We are an oligarchy. And, Trump is gone. Blame the dems and their idiotic bipartisan bs. bipartisan means compromise with evil.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/16/21 11:25am

Dauphin

avatar

Elections are stolen and have been stolen. This is old hat.

Fact is, nobody cares when your side benefits. Without integrity of the electorate, there's no use worrying about the integrity of an election. It's pageantry. Engage at your own self-interest and self promotion.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/16/21 2:30pm

Graycap23

avatar

Why are u folks treating this with kid glove?

Treat it the same way u would if the culprits had brown skin or from Iraq or Iran.

Stop the madness.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/16/21 3:00pm

IanRG

Dauphin said:

Elections are stolen and have been stolen. This is old hat. Fact is, nobody cares when your side benefits. Without integrity of the electorate, there's no use worrying about the integrity of an election. It's pageantry. Engage at your own self-interest and self promotion.

.

This is a defeatist attitude.

.

The changes being made by certain states within the USA following the GOP loss are aimed at enabling future election stealing. The election that they are using to justify this was not stolen. The belief in many in the GOP electorate is a direct result of a systematic process of lies and false claims about the integrity of the 2020 election results. It is a combination of the shonky business tactics of the failed coup leader and the realisation by the GOP that free and fair elections with high voter turnout means that the GOP base will struggle to win.

.

People should be jumping up and down against undemocratic acts by either party (and by both parties to protect the 2-party state), not embracing their side's power grabs and dismissing anti-democratic acts as pageantry.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/17/21 7:38pm

Dauphin

avatar

So is your take boiled down to Republicans are bad and Democrats are good. Sorry I don't agree but I'm cool with that.

Caping hard for one side in politics is defeatist. It's okay imo though, because I can see that you have your heart in the right place.

IanRG said:



Dauphin said:


Elections are stolen and have been stolen. This is old hat. Fact is, nobody cares when your side benefits. Without integrity of the electorate, there's no use worrying about the integrity of an election. It's pageantry. Engage at your own self-interest and self promotion.

.


This is a defeatist attitude.


.


The changes being made by certain states within the USA following the GOP loss are aimed at enabling future election stealing. The election that they are using to justify this was not stolen. The belief in many in the GOP electorate is a direct result of a systematic process of lies and false claims about the integrity of the 2020 election results. It is a combination of the shonky business tactics of the failed coup leader and the realisation by the GOP that free and fair elections with high voter turnout means that the GOP base will struggle to win.


.


People should be jumping up and down against undemocratic acts by either party (and by both parties to protect the 2-party state), not embracing their side's power grabs and dismissing anti-democratic acts as pageantry.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Still it's nice to know, when our bodies wear out, we can get another

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/17/21 10:18pm

IanRG

Dauphin said:

So is your take boiled down to Republicans are bad and Democrats are good. Sorry I don't agree but I'm cool with that. Caping hard for one side in politics is defeatist. It's okay imo though, because I can see that you have your heart in the right place.

.

IanRG said:

.

This is a defeatist attitude.

.

The changes being made by certain states within the USA following the GOP loss are aimed at enabling future election stealing. The election that they are using to justify this was not stolen. The belief in many in the GOP electorate is a direct result of a systematic process of lies and false claims about the integrity of the 2020 election results. It is a combination of the shonky business tactics of the failed coup leader and the realisation by the GOP that free and fair elections with high voter turnout means that the GOP base will struggle to win.

.

People should be jumping up and down against undemocratic acts by either party (and by both parties to protect the 2-party state), not embracing their side's power grabs and dismissing anti-democratic acts as pageantry.

.

No, that is not what I said at all - read the highlighted section and come back and tell me why you think this is excusing one side of the 2-party state. (PS I am not from the USA and think both the GOP and DEMS would fail in their present form in any place that is more of a democracy.)

.

To make it clearer that your assessment of what I said is NOT at all sustainable, in my previous post I said:

.

The simple answer is get out and vote. Trump openly stated the GOP cannot win if the vote is high and this was clearly demonstrated by him being the sitting president who was voted out by largest number of voters ever.

.

The harder answer to solve the long term problem is seek to actually introduce a democracy to the USA:

.

- Remove the college system so it is one vote, one person,

.

- Break the duopoly by introducing a preferencial system or run off elections,

.

- Maximise sufferage with integrity instead of seeking ways to prevent people from the other side voting or having their votes counted,

.

- Stop State elected officials from being able to impose different rules and conditions on the Federal results that are aimed at making it more difficult for people in the poor parts of Urban areas to vote.

.

- Correct the perverse gerrymandering in urban districts to minimise representation and in rural areas to maximise representation.

.

- Remove the political processes for selecting Judges and other strategic civil service positions so you have a true separation of powers that will see the that law is applied on legal not political grounds.

.

- Restructure the presidency so they are no longer 18th century temporary ruling monarchs governing by the equivalent of royal decrees.

.

Make elected officials genuinely subject to checks and balances, not the show "courts" in the impeachment process. This would mean that partisan politicians would not just forgive people for failed insurrection attempts to protect their own seat and party.

.

- Media reform where the broadcasting regulators focus just as much on preventing bias in web, radio and free to air, subscription and streaming TV news as they do on rating shows and movies. This is to stop CNN and Fox and all the radio and internet stations from just being the Pravda of their political parties. Return the media to seeking to have the role of being the 4th estate calling out politicians from all sides equally without fear or favour - where fair and balanced is a goal, not just an abandoned advertising lie.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/20/21 4:30pm

fortuneandsere
ndipity

^ One more to add to the list. Teach evolution before creationism.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > What can Be Done to Counter React this Assualt on Democracy by Trump and Republicans?