independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > My Peacefully Protest Against The Big 5 Tech Companies!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/21/21 3:45pm

TonyVanDam

avatar

My Peacefully Protest Against The Big 5 Tech Companies!

This is Anthony, AKA TonyVanDam. And on May 2021, I am here to give you a follow up report on my peacefully protest against Google, Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, & Apple. But first, I have words of wisdom to anyone that has issues with how the Big 5 Tech Companies does business, especially in their current controversial roles as front runners in so-called "Cancel Culture". And lets never forget that these are the same Big 5 Tech companies [especially Google] that shows no respect to your Rights To Privacy while they are collecting your data/metadata via using trackers.

.

----------------------------------------

.

1. Stop using ALL Google products, including GMail, Google Maps, YouTube, & Android phone/tablet [MEMO: Android is based upon Linux; But the Android trademark & closed source codes are owned by Google].

.

2. Stop using ALL Amazon products & services, including Amazom.com, Alexa, Whole Foods Market, & MGM Studio.

.

3. Stop using ALL Facebook products, including Instagram [MEMO: If you have an Instagram account, you still have an active Facebook account!].

.

4. Stop using ALL Microsoft products, including all Windows operation systems [especially Windows 10] & Skype.

.

5. Stop using ALL Apple Computers products, including iOS, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Garageband, & Logic.

.

If no one is committed to go the FLOSS [Free/Libre Open Source Software] route with the best of their abilities, then no one has the right to whine OR complain about how Big Tech runs their businesses with their [dis]respect products.

.

-------------------------------------------

.

I stand by THOSE^ words as of May 2021.

.

And I am also proud to say that my protest is 95% successful!

.

The only remaining drawback for myself is that I need to invest in a new smartphone that does NOT have an Android Operating System. Despite the fact all Google apps are either uninstall or disable [if the apps cannot be uninstall unless the phone itself is "rooted"], Google's back doors still exist while the original ROMs are still in the phone.

.

To put it very bluntly, Google is The Devil! Yes I said it! Political & Social Correctness be damnation!

.

At least the protest against the other 4 tech companies were simple....

.

a. I have never brought or owned anything from Apple in my entire life. Thank goodness!

.

b. I have never brought or used anything from Microsoft since Windows XP, right before I made to switch to Linux [My favorite distros are Debian-based] years ago.

.

c. My Facebook account was terminated by my request years ago & I have never used Instagram.

.

d. My Amazon account, which I have not used for years, was terminated by my request in 2021 & I no longer shop at the Whole Food Market [MEMO: NaturalGeocers & Trader Joe's are the best alternatives].

.

Now the hard part was & still is Google. Having my Google account terminated by request solved most of the problems, but not ALL of the problems! To be free from Google plantation once and for all, my Android phone has got to go.

.

To Be Continue....Indeed.

[Edited 5/27/21 7:56am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/21/21 3:46pm

TonyVanDam

avatar

MEMO: For those of you that are still watching videos on YouTube, please remember that you do not need to have an active Google account to watch videos. Granted, you will not be able to leave comments, give a thumbs up/down, or subscribe to a channel. But you can still watch most videos without a Google Account regardless. But please be sure that you have a web browser [MEMO: I used Firefox & Tor] that can be set to block trackers. Add-ons like uBlock Origin & Privacy Badger helps plenty.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/21/21 4:11pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

avatar

How amazing to be just 5 companies with so much reach! What sort of phone will you get? Blackberry?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/21/21 10:48pm

TonyVanDam

avatar

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

How amazing to be just 5 companies with so much reach! What sort of phone will you get? Blackberry?

.

I'm considering /e/ smartphone:

https://e.foundation/

.

There are also other alternatives out there such as Pinephone, Purism, Plasma Mobile, & Ubuntu Touch.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/22/21 7:57am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Macs are like the worst. They are racist as shit. lol

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/22/21 11:01am

Strive

It's a good thought but it's way more difficult than you realize.

Nearly all modern hardware has some sort of government backdoor or crippling vulnerablity baked directly into it. Google now fingerprints by hardware id, so even if you aren't logged in, they can still track you. A large portion of the internet is running on AWS or some type of big tech infrastructure.

Get a foss phone and you're still getting tracked by the cell towers. Inside, there's still a firmware blob that the modem needs to connect. Sure you can get something with hardware switches but how often will you really use them in practice?

FOSS is getting overrun by insane SJW types that can't code or maintain the projects after they run off talent. Corporations are making Linux so complex, who knows what types of things they're getting into the kernal. Like there was some student group (aka Chinese spies) that were "experimenting" with Linux by openly trying to get junk code and vulnerabilities into the kernal.

Coding bloat is so insane now that no one person can go through the tens of millions of lines of code and truly understand how it all works so they can control it.

So it's good to learn and to attempt to get away from these systems but you'll never truly get away from them.

If you want to rebel against the coming techno-corporate serfdom, it's to not to play the game. Disconnect the internet, use as air-gapped technology if you must and get involved in your local community.

Much harder said than done though. Still I respect anybody that tries.

[Edited 5/22/21 11:05am]

"When you deny people the option to not pick a side, you may not like the side they'll pick."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/22/21 2:28pm

TonyVanDam

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Macs are like the worst. They are racist as shit. lol

.

Well thank goodness that I have NEVER been on the Apple plantation!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/22/21 2:32pm

TonyVanDam

avatar

Strive said:

It's a good thought but it's way more difficult than you realize.

Nearly all modern hardware has some sort of government backdoor or crippling vulnerablity baked directly into it. Google now fingerprints by hardware id, so even if you aren't logged in, they can still track you. A large portion of the internet is running on AWS or some type of big tech infrastructure.

Get a foss phone and you're still getting tracked by the cell towers. Inside, there's still a firmware blob that the modem needs to connect. Sure you can get something with hardware switches but how often will you really use them in practice?

FOSS is getting overrun by insane SJW types that can't code or maintain the projects after they run off talent. Corporations are making Linux so complex, who knows what types of things they're getting into the kernal. Like there was some student group (aka Chinese spies) that were "experimenting" with Linux by openly trying to get junk code and vulnerabilities into the kernal.

Coding bloat is so insane now that no one person can go through the tens of millions of lines of code and truly understand how it all works so they can control it.

So it's good to learn and to attempt to get away from these systems but you'll never truly get away from them.

If you want to rebel against the coming techno-corporate serfdom, it's to not to play the game. Disconnect the internet, use as air-gapped technology if you must and get involved in your local community.

Much harder said than done though. Still I respect anybody that tries.

[Edited 5/22/21 11:05am]

.

I also know that it takes a custom made VPN to block most of those Amazon Web Servers [aws]. hmmm

[Edited 5/22/21 14:33pm]

[Edited 5/22/21 14:33pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/24/21 7:14am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

We have a bubble plantation here.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/24/21 12:18pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

I'm 1/5 down

no twitter, instagram

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/25/21 7:34am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Nationalize youtube.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/26/21 7:41am

TonyVanDam

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

I'm 1/5 down

no twitter, instagram

.

Good. cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/27/21 9:20am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

This Is Why I DELETED My ... - YouTube

My main points are:
1. Clapback mentality and negative bias
2. Priming
3. 80/20 principle (which in this case was to cut out that which wasn't a part of the effective 20% - thanks Vilfredo!)

This Is Why I DELETED My Twitter Account (And Why You Should Too)

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
That's what U want, TRANSCENDENCE. When that happens, O Boy -Prince 2015
https://www.youtube.com/w...nm2Qq6QTFs
#IDEFINEME
“Strong people define themselves; weak people allow others to define them.” ― Ken Poirot
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > My Peacefully Protest Against The Big 5 Tech Companies!