independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Bye bye masks
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/16/21 3:50pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Bye bye masks

So it's been 3 days since the CDC eased the guidelines on masks and social distancing followed by many states and businesses following suit, and still no thread about it here? Interesting....

Understandably some that are high risk will continue to wear their masks but it seems that some that are not high risk don't want to give them up for a variety of other reasons.

Will YOU keep yours on? And if so, why?

If you believed that the possibility of a lab leak was a debunked conspiracy theory, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/16/21 3:51pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

No, you are gonna wear a mask for life shnooky.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/16/21 4:26pm

IanRG

As a person in Australia where our rates have consistently been much lower than the US, I will continue to wear a mask when appropriate. This means in supermarkets, on public transport and in taxis. That is except when I sit outside on ferries and on one train route when there is often only ~3 people in each carriage.

.

Why? Because it has been shown to be one of the most effective ways to combat the spread of Covid 19 and, indeed, flus and common colds. As my office is near China town, Korea town and Thai town it was always common to see people in masks in flu season, even before covid.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/16/21 5:32pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

No, you are gonna wear a mask for life shnooky.


Not me, I'm medically exempt so I've never worn one more than a few minutes at a time. I am curious how those that are in the habit of wearing them will respond though. Some around here stopped as soon as Friday morning, most haven't yet.

If you believed that the possibility of a lab leak was a debunked conspiracy theory, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/16/21 6:32pm

PennyPurple

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

2freaky4church1 said:

No, you are gonna wear a mask for life shnooky.


Not me, I'm medically exempt so I've never worn one more than a few minutes at a time. I am curious how those that are in the habit of wearing them will respond though. Some around here stopped as soon as Friday morning, most haven't yet.

At the hospital where I work at, there is no such thing as being medically exempt from wearing a mask, either you do, or you don't enter no matter the circumstance.


I will continue to wear my mask anytime I'm out and about, and I have been vaccinated.

There is no harm in wearing a mask.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/16/21 6:48pm

Strive

In the US, vaccines are widely available and free to all.

Anybody in an at-risk group should get vaccininated.

People in public are starting to go unmasked. You can go in a store and nobody will hassle you. My church is still full masks but that's only respect for the priests. The priests are only doing it because word hasn't come down from up top to stop yet. The second I'm outside, the mask is off. Bible class, nobody masks and nobody has masked this entire "pandemic"

Usually when others see that others are not wearing a mask, they get brave and take theirs off. Everybody's doing it for others but the majority don't seem to actually care.

So I'm happy vaccines are widely available and free. Anybody who is worried or at-risk should get one.

Me, I'm not worried. So no masks, no vaccines, no problem. If I get it, I get it. (But I have a theory that I caught covid in Late December 2019-January 2020. We had a ton of Chinese tourists for the winter and I had some type of sickness for about a week or two)

I feel bad for the people still trapped in blue states. Not trying to make it a partisan thing but we know what covid is now and to still be locked down is pointlessly destructive. I feel less bad when they visit here on vacation and go into hysterics because people aren't behaving the way they think they should behave.

Nothing pisses me off more than tourists leaving negative reviews on local restaurants, who basically had the fight of their life just to stay open during all of this, while they post positive reviews for tourist things. Suddenly they don't need a mask when they're fishing on a charter boat but heaven forbid some small business owner doesn't wear one during their 8 hour shift making pizzas or somebody comes in maskless and the business owner doesn't make a scene.

"When you deny people the option to not pick a side, you may not like the side they'll pick."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/16/21 7:44pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

PennyPurple said:

djThunderfunk said:


Not me, I'm medically exempt so I've never worn one more than a few minutes at a time. I am curious how those that are in the habit of wearing them will respond though. Some around here stopped as soon as Friday morning, most haven't yet.

At the hospital where I work at, there is no such thing as being medically exempt from wearing a mask, either you do, or you don't enter no matter the circumstance.


I will continue to wear my mask anytime I'm out and about, and I have been vaccinated.

There is no harm in wearing a mask.


A hospital is different than say, a store. There IS such a thing as medically exempt. There are multiple legitimate reasons for not being able to wear them which is why all the mandates address the issue.

If you're vaccinated, WHY will you continue to wear the mask? Do you not trust the "vaccine"? The CDC? What do you know that they don't?

If you believed that the possibility of a lab leak was a debunked conspiracy theory, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/16/21 7:50pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Strive said:

In the US, vaccines are widely available and free to all.

Anybody in an at-risk group should get vaccininated.

People in public are starting to go unmasked. You can go in a store and nobody will hassle you. My church is still full masks but that's only respect for the priests. The priests are only doing it because word hasn't come down from up top to stop yet. The second I'm outside, the mask is off. Bible class, nobody masks and nobody has masked this entire "pandemic"

Usually when others see that others are not wearing a mask, they get brave and take theirs off. Everybody's doing it for others but the majority don't seem to actually care.

So I'm happy vaccines are widely available and free. Anybody who is worried or at-risk should get one.

Me, I'm not worried. So no masks, no vaccines, no problem. If I get it, I get it. (But I have a theory that I caught covid in Late December 2019-January 2020. We had a ton of Chinese tourists for the winter and I had some type of sickness for about a week or two)

I feel bad for the people still trapped in blue states. Not trying to make it a partisan thing but we know what covid is now and to still be locked down is pointlessly destructive. I feel less bad when they visit here on vacation and go into hysterics because people aren't behaving the way they think they should behave.

Nothing pisses me off more than tourists leaving negative reviews on local restaurants, who basically had the fight of their life just to stay open during all of this, while they post positive reviews for tourist things. Suddenly they don't need a mask when they're fishing on a charter boat but heaven forbid some small business owner doesn't wear one during their 8 hour shift making pizzas or somebody comes in maskless and the business owner doesn't make a scene.


I've gone maskless since this all started. I'll sometimes put one on when told to at the entrance of a store but remove it as soon as I'm past them and in the store. I've only been hassled at one store (by employees) and very rarely have other customers commented, and when they have it's been passive-aggressive and easy to ignore. My being maskless hasn't seemed to influence others either, until this weekend I was usually the only person without one. So nice to finally see other faces.

If you believed that the possibility of a lab leak was a debunked conspiracy theory, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/16/21 8:12pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

Nope. I narely wear one in a store. I always twirl it on my finger. To people it looks like I'm getting ready to put it on. To me, I'm mocking everyone wearing one.

I went thru most of JoAnn's today without one, as well as Ulta. I put it on at the register but that's it.

I didn't even leave the house with a mask today. There was one in the car, so I was fine in case a Karen got on me about it.

I'm over this whole schtick about "so deadly," etc. It's bullshit. Yes, it's real. But it was a good experiment by those in charge. Got everyone up in their feelings, scared shitless to show their face. And now the fucking POTUS says if you're vaccinated you've "earned the right to smile." Fuck you, Joe. Earned a right to smile? Go to hell.

And fuck your mask mandates.

The only mandate I want is 6'2, 210#, ginger beard and smells like chopped wood, flannel, and whiskey.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/17/21 4:44am

djThunderfunk

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:

Nope. I narely wear one in a store. I always twirl it on my finger. To people it looks like I'm getting ready to put it on. To me, I'm mocking everyone wearing one.

I went thru most of JoAnn's today without one, as well as Ulta. I put it on at the register but that's it.

I didn't even leave the house with a mask today. There was one in the car, so I was fine in case a Karen got on me about it.

I'm over this whole schtick about "so deadly," etc. It's bullshit. Yes, it's real. But it was a good experiment by those in charge. Got everyone up in their feelings, scared shitless to show their face. And now the fucking POTUS says if you're vaccinated you've "earned the right to smile." Fuck you, Joe. Earned a right to smile? Go to hell.

And fuck your mask mandates.

The only mandate I want is 6'2, 210#, ginger beard and smells like chopped wood, flannel, and whiskey.


lol Agreed! Except for the "man date" part. wink

I also put it on at the register, or if I need asssistance from an employee in the store, that kind of thing, as long as it's only for a minute or two. Anything longer than that and I start having issues.

These cloth masks most wear don't do anything to protect them or the rest of us anyway. Unless it's N95 it doesn't do anything but make people feel better.

If you believed that the possibility of a lab leak was a debunked conspiracy theory, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/17/21 6:05am

uPtoWnNY

djThunderfunk said:

So it's been 3 days since the CDC eased the guidelines on masks and social distancing followed by many states and businesses following suit, and still no thread about it here? Interesting....

Understandably some that are high risk will continue to wear their masks but it seems that some that are not high risk don't want to give them up for a variety of other reasons.

Will YOU keep yours on? And if so, why?

Yes,....certain stores/eateries here in NYC still require it, also the gym where I work out (NY Sports Clubs). And I can't get into my office building without it.

I don't plan on getting the vaccine, so I'll keep wearing it. No big deal.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/17/21 7:33am

jjhunsecker

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:



djThunderfunk said:


So it's been 3 days since the CDC eased the guidelines on masks and social distancing followed by many states and businesses following suit, and still no thread about it here? Interesting....

Understandably some that are high risk will continue to wear their masks but it seems that some that are not high risk don't want to give them up for a variety of other reasons.

Will YOU keep yours on? And if so, why?




Yes,....certain stores/eateries here in NYC still require it, also the gym where I work out (NY Sports Clubs). And I can't get into my office building without it.



I don't plan on getting the vaccine, so I'll keep wearing it. No big deal.





True, and you must still wear a mask if you use public transportation. And as you said, most stores and restaurants still require a mask to enter their establishments.
I personally am fully vaccinated, and I don’t wear it outside. But I have to have one on me at all times in case I have to enter a store or venue
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/17/21 7:57am

djThunderfunk

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

djThunderfunk said:

So it's been 3 days since the CDC eased the guidelines on masks and social distancing followed by many states and businesses following suit, and still no thread about it here? Interesting....

Understandably some that are high risk will continue to wear their masks but it seems that some that are not high risk don't want to give them up for a variety of other reasons.

Will YOU keep yours on? And if so, why?

Yes,....certain stores/eateries here in NYC still require it, also the gym where I work out (NY Sports Clubs). And I can't get into my office building without it.

I don't plan on getting the vaccine, so I'll keep wearing it. No big deal.


As someone who has issues with wearing one more than a few minutes, I can't imagine wearing one while exercising. If that doesn't bother you the masks probably never bother you, so, good reason.

If you believed that the possibility of a lab leak was a debunked conspiracy theory, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/17/21 8:22am

uPtoWnNY

djThunderfunk said:

uPtoWnNY said:

Yes,....certain stores/eateries here in NYC still require it, also the gym where I work out (NY Sports Clubs). And I can't get into my office building without it.

I don't plan on getting the vaccine, so I'll keep wearing it. No big deal.


As someone who has issues with wearing one more than a few minutes, I can't imagine wearing one while exercising. If that doesn't bother you the masks probably never bother you, so, good reason.

It does bother me when I'm on the StairMaster, or maxing out on the bench/leg press. I pull it down a bit to breathe easier. You need deep breaths when benching heavy.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/17/21 8:52am

djThunderfunk

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:

djThunderfunk said:


As someone who has issues with wearing one more than a few minutes, I can't imagine wearing one while exercising. If that doesn't bother you the masks probably never bother you, so, good reason.

It does bother me when I'm on the StairMaster, or maxing out on the bench/leg press. I pull it down a bit to breathe easier. You need deep breaths when benching heavy.


Maybe now that things are easing when you pull it down you won't have to look over your shoulder for Karen. wink

If you believed that the possibility of a lab leak was a debunked conspiracy theory, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/17/21 9:34am

fortuneandsere
ndipity

djThunderfunk said:

I've gone maskless since this all started. I'll sometimes put one on when told to at the entrance of a store but remove it as soon as I'm past them and in the store. I've only been hassled at one store (by employees) and very rarely have other customers commented, and when they have it's been passive-aggressive and easy to ignore. My being maskless hasn't seemed to influence others either, until this weekend I was usually the only person without one. So nice to finally see other faces.


When you say passive-aggressive that could mean one of two things. Either they give you snarky looks, their eyes motioning you to leave. Perhaps complain a little angrily under their breath, without being demonstrative.
Or they manoeuvre backwards as soon as they see you, while still facing in your direction. Also, some people look better in masks. I don't think those people should take them off.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/17/21 9:38am

djThunderfunk

avatar

fortuneandserendipity said:

djThunderfunk said:

I've gone maskless since this all started. I'll sometimes put one on when told to at the entrance of a store but remove it as soon as I'm past them and in the store. I've only been hassled at one store (by employees) and very rarely have other customers commented, and when they have it's been passive-aggressive and easy to ignore. My being maskless hasn't seemed to influence others either, until this weekend I was usually the only person without one. So nice to finally see other faces.


When you say passive-aggressive that could mean one of two things. Either they give you snarky looks, their eyes motioning you to leave. Perhaps complain a little angrily under their breath, without being demonstrative.
Or they manoeuvre backwards as soon as they see you, while still facing in your direction. Also, some people look better in masks. I don't think those people should take them off.


On the passive-aggressive examples... all of the above. No direct confrontations.

On masks for ugly people... lol

If you believed that the possibility of a lab leak was a debunked conspiracy theory, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/17/21 11:27am

PJMcGee

avatar

uPtoWnNY said:



djThunderfunk said:




uPtoWnNY said:




Yes,....certain stores/eateries here in NYC still require it, also the gym where I work out (NY Sports Clubs). And I can't get into my office building without it.



I don't plan on getting the vaccine, so I'll keep wearing it. No big deal.






As someone who has issues with wearing one more than a few minutes, I can't imagine wearing one while exercising. If that doesn't bother you the masks probably never bother you, so, good reason.




It does bother me when I'm on the StairMaster, or maxing out on the bench/leg press. I pull it down a bit to breathe easier. You need deep breaths when benching heavy.



You're like those people on the subway who think drinking coffee means they are exempt from the mask rule.

If you're doing something in the gym that requires you to pull your mask down, then you stop doing what you're doing.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/17/21 11:32am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Watch the Rick Shroader CostCo video.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/17/21 11:38am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Watch the Rick Shroader CostCo video.


He's that Scott Baio and Dean Cain kind of asshole.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/17/21 11:46am

PJMcGee

avatar

No, not Ricky!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/17/21 11:48am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

PJMcGee said:

No, not Ricky!


You're surprised that another moderately wealthy middle-aged white guy is a Trumper? lol razz

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/17/21 11:51am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

You see what the unhinged Rachel Maddow said:

https://www.youtube.com/w...4Q_9XzcmAY

No wonder she believes in Russiagate.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/17/21 12:51pm

PJMcGee

avatar

TrivialPursuit said:



PJMcGee said:


No, not Ricky!


You're surprised that another moderately wealthy middle-aged white guy is a Trumper? lol razz



I shouldn't be. But you don't like to see a childhood crush go to the dark side.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/17/21 1:20pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

PJMcGee said:

TrivialPursuit said:


You're surprised that another moderately wealthy middle-aged white guy is a Trumper? lol razz

I shouldn't be. But you don't like to see a childhood crush go to the dark side.


Understood, but think of all those late baby boomers fawning over Scott Baio, or the Gen Y who were hot for Lois & Clark. You're not alone.

I mean, I'm not in it. I never had the hots for any of them. lol lol

Stay strong.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/17/21 2:06pm

PJMcGee

avatar

No guilty pleasure crushes?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/17/21 3:22pm

uPtoWnNY

djThunderfunk said:

uPtoWnNY said:

It does bother me when I'm on the StairMaster, or maxing out on the bench/leg press. I pull it down a bit to breathe easier. You need deep breaths when benching heavy.


Maybe now that things are easing when you pull it down you won't have to look over your shoulder for Karen. wink

I don't pull it all the way down, just enough to breathe easier. You have to when doing 225+.

As for the 'Karen', one look will shut their shit down.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/17/21 4:07pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Oh, WOW! Cuomo is mandating a vaccine passport!

https://covid19vaccine.he...lsior-pass

If you believed that the possibility of a lab leak was a debunked conspiracy theory, you're getting your news from the wrong source. Just sayin'...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/17/21 5:32pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

Oh, WOW! Cuomo is mandating a vaccine passport!

https://covid19vaccine.he...lsior-pass


Mandate still ain't a law. He can't ursurp HIPPA laws and people's right to privacy. This ain't 1940s Germany. Cuomo is a fucking trainwreck. People here are waaayyy sick and tired of him.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/17/21 7:38pm

PennyPurple

avatar

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'David Hogg @davidhogg111 I feel the need to continue wearing my mask outside even though I'm fully vaccinated because the inconvenience of having to wear a mask is more than worth it to have people not think I'm a conservative 6:06 AM 14 May 21'

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Bye bye masks