independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Before George Floyd there was Tony Timpa. White victim.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 04/28/21 2:52pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

As Noam Chomsky says, racism is a thin veneer. Scratch it and you find class issues or ignorance. Also, right wing media sell lots of lies, they suck up.



I say that is bullshit. I personally know Black people, with Ivy League educations, great jobs, high incomes (including literal millionaires) who have been stopped by the cops and harassed for no reason. And not by cops, but followed around in stores . Their income and education and “class “ didn’t protect them from racism.

You need to find other sources of information besides Chomsky. You quote him more often than the Ayottolah quotes the Koran
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 04/28/21 3:05pm

2elijah

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:


Oh I’m sure she’s had her experiences with racism, and it’s her right to share it, but then if she feels she has a right to, then she shouldn’t attack other Black Americans for calling out racism, and speaking of their experiences with it.

Her choice of political party is her own, but where’s the rules that says because she’s Black, and a Republican, that no Black American should disagree with her views or criticize her for it, when she does that all the time to Black Democrats?
Give me a damn break. Lol.

2freak, try and remember that Black Americans are ‘individuals.’
[Edited 4/28/21 14:31pm]


Actually, didn’t Candace and her family once sue a school system because she was being racially harassed by some white schoolmates, and they said that the school didn’t do enough to protect her? I bet she doesn’t tell THAT story anymore... it’s not one her current audience wants to hear.

Like you said, Candace has the right to her views. And the rest of us have the right to criticize her.
But in the end, she found a good “hustle “ that brings her the notoriety she apparently craves so badly.

Yes she sure did.
PRESIDENT BIDEN, VICE-PRESIDENT HARRIS clapping
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 04/28/21 3:07pm

2elijah

avatar

2freak... let this educate you. Plenty of information for you.

Click on link.

https://www.smithsonianma...180975029/

158 RESOURCES TO UNDERSTAND RACISM IN AMERICA

“These articles, videos, podcasts and websites from the Smithsonian chronicle the history of anti-black violence and inequality in the United States.”

BY MEILAN SOLLY
SMITHSONIANMAG.COM | June 4, 2020, 11:47 a.m
[Edited 4/28/21 15:15pm]
PRESIDENT BIDEN, VICE-PRESIDENT HARRIS clapping
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 04/29/21 4:35pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

You mean guys llke this:

https://www.historians.or...redrickson

The leading historian on race is ironically white. How did I know about him?? lol

I talk about race all the time. Adolph Reed, Preston Smith and Barbara Fields--all black--kicked my ass and changed my view a bit. The best way to deal with race is through social policy on wages, jobs, healthcare.

With new information I changed my mind. Wish some of you were equally enlightened.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 04/29/21 4:37pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

jj, sounds anecdotal. I doubt you know that many people. lol

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 04/29/21 5:49pm

IanRG

2freaky4church1 said:

You mean guys llke this:

https://www.historians.or...redrickson

The leading historian on race is ironically white. How did I know about him?? lol

I talk about race all the time. Adolph Reed, Preston Smith and Barbara Fields--all black--kicked my ass and changed my view a bit. The best way to deal with race is through social policy on wages, jobs, healthcare.

With new information I changed my mind. Wish some of you were equally enlightened.

.

So you now agree that it is not a class issue?

.

Or are you just seeking to claim being more enlightened than people that have shown you where your ideological blinkered view is arguably wrong?

.

I suspect the latter because there is still no recognition that reforms to address systemic racism in policing and the criminal justice system are also required - you still have what Chomsky calls an "intensional ignorance" in regard to this racism.

.

What point are you laughing about in you knowing about a historian and his colour? What makes you think he is THE leading historian on race?

[Edited 4/29/21 18:08pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 04/29/21 6:11pm

IanRG

2freaky4church1 said:

jj, sounds anecdotal. I doubt you know that many people. lol

.

Anecdotal per individual but YOU linked to a study that demonstrated it was generally true - that study looked at a dataset of nearly 100,000,000 traffic stop by police across the whole of the country. I doubt you know that many people. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 04/29/21 6:11pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

jj, sounds anecdotal. I doubt you know that many people. lol



Don’t get upset because I’m telling you stuff that you don’t want to hear.

If you KNOW any actual Black people, (which I wonder), then have honest conversations with them about their life experiences. I can GUARANTEE you that they will all have stories like this
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 04/30/21 4:22am

2elijah

avatar

IanRG said:



2freaky4church1 said:


You mean guys llke this:



https://www.historians.or...redrickson



The leading historian on race is ironically white. How did I know about him?? lol



I talk about race all the time. Adolph Reed, Preston Smith and Barbara Fields--all black--kicked my ass and changed my view a bit. The best way to deal with race is through social policy on wages, jobs, healthcare.



With new information I changed my mind. Wish some of you were equally enlightened.





.


So you now agree that it is not a class issue?


.


Or are you just seeking to claim being more enlightened than people that have shown you where your ideological blinkered view is arguably wrong?


.


I suspect the latter because there is still no recognition that reforms to address systemic racism in policing and the criminal justice system are also required - you still have what Chomsky calls an "intensional ignorance" in regard to this racism.


.


What point are you laughing about in you knowing about a historian and his colour? What makes you think he is THE leading historian on race?

[Edited 4/29/21 18:08pm]


I don’t get 2freak’s nonsense about ‘leading historian on race’. That doesn’t make any sense. You have to ‘go through the experience of racism’ to know it. All these deniers have no damn clue what it’s like. Why would anyone want to experience it? No one gets up in the morning wishing to be hated for their skin color. They just want to be a human being and treated decent/respected as anyone else would.

If there was no system of racism no one would be raising hell about it, because it does exists, as well as unfair policing towards communities of color. Why would any intelligent person deny it, especially if they know the history of America, and how it was built, during the theft of a land, enslaving Indigenous people first as slaves, then importing people from Africa to be enslaved. While abusing/enslaving/destroying/profiting from both groups to build it. That’s part of a system of racism when you deny a specific group of people of their human rights/enslave and abuse, and use them to build for the ‘benefit of others.’

Then design laws to further extend unfair and unequal human rights, while affording those rights to a specific few, then claiming the enslaved were free.’

The problem in present-day America, is that the ‘generational slave mentality’ still exists within America’s institutions. There are people who subconsciously carry the white supremacy ideology’s, false sense of superiority, even if they don’t subscribe as a member of said hate organization, but that (false) sense of superiority is there, subconsciously, and with that they tend to treat some people of color, ‘different’ or carry ignorant assumptions of them, with ‘blind racism’ so-to-speak.

Then you have those that are fully aware that they are mistreating others, based on racist, stereotyped assumptions, because they believe they have a right to do so.

There’s a lot of work to do, and many in denial of America’s racism, are not being honest about it or have this belief that it’s not as bad, as those affected by it, and who are exposing it, because most of the deniers are not walking in the shoes of those whose lives it affects. It has absolutely nothing to do with ‘playing victim’ it has more to do with real-life situations that keeps problems like police brutality towards communities of color alive, racial profiling, biases in housing, employment and education, just to name a few. This is not saying one cannot go out and achieve success in this country because of their racial identity, but when you have those in positions of power who hold racial biases, towards particular groups, and could affect members of those groups’ success, (i.e., promotions, loans, mortgages, etc, ) then that’s a problem for everyone.


(By the way, didn’t mean for this post to be this long, but just had to get it out there whew )
[Edited 4/30/21 4:43am]
PRESIDENT BIDEN, VICE-PRESIDENT HARRIS clapping
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 05/01/21 11:15am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

You guys are freaking middle class.,

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 05/01/21 12:17pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

You guys are freaking middle class.,



And ?? What’s wrong with that ?? I was raised in a middle class home (my mother was a supervisor at a Fortune 500 company and was able to put me in private school, luckily as the public schools in our area were shit) and in a middle class environment.

I have nothing against making money and creating a better life for your family and loved ones. In fact, one of my biggest complaints about the systemic racism in our society is that it deprived Black and Brown people access to capital and the resources to build wealth and power, such as through quality education and by the use of targeted law enforcement
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 05/01/21 1:00pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Boom.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 05/01/21 1:12pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

There’s nothing wrong with being successful if you make it through hard work and intelligence, and not by screwing over others
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 05/01/21 1:14pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Sounds a lot like Hannity or Coulter. oh oh

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 05/01/21 1:20pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Sounds a lot like Hannity or Coulter. oh oh



Not at all... What’s wrong with bettering yourself and making a good living and providing the best for your loved ones?
I’m not ashamed of my background or upbringing. In fact I am very proud of what my parents were able to achieve- despite the obstacles they faced- and the values that they instilled in me
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 05/01/21 1:50pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Do you befriend poor blacks?

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 05/01/21 2:14pm

2elijah

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

2freaky4church1 said:

Sounds a lot like Hannity or Coulter. oh oh



Not at all... What’s wrong with bettering yourself and making a good living and providing the best for your loved ones?
I’m not ashamed of my background or upbringing. In fact I am very proud of what my parents were able to achieve- despite the obstacles they faced- and the values that they instilled in me

I have to tell you how mind-boggling it is, that some put Black Americans inone box, to be all on the same, economic levels, to think alike, etc., etc.

You should not have to explain or apologize for it. You wonder why some clueless folks, in 2021 are still surprised middle-class or upper-class Black Americans exist. When we’re out their marching for justice/speaking out against injustices, etc., towards members of the entire Black community, we’re from various economic backgrounds, demanding justice for all Black Americans, no matter their economic class. Why is this so hard for some to ‘get that?’ Smh.
[Edited 5/1/21 14:16pm]
PRESIDENT BIDEN, VICE-PRESIDENT HARRIS clapping
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 05/01/21 2:37pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said:



Not at all... What’s wrong with bettering yourself and making a good living and providing the best for your loved ones?
I’m not ashamed of my background or upbringing. In fact I am very proud of what my parents were able to achieve- despite the obstacles they faced- and the values that they instilled in me

I have to tell you how mind-boggling it is, that some put Black Americans inone box, to be all on the same, economic levels, to think alike, etc., etc.

You should not have to explain or apologize for it. You wonder why some clueless folks, in 2021 are still surprised middle-class or upper-class Black Americans exist. When we’re out their marching for justice/speaking out against injustices, etc., towards members of the entire Black community, we’re from various economic backgrounds, demanding justice for all Black Americans, no matter their economic class. Why is this so hard for some to ‘get that?’ Smh.
[Edited 5/1/21 14:16pm]


It’s almost like they are saying that the only “Real” Black people- and the only ones who suffer- are dirt poor folks who live in the inner city
Very condescending
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 05/01/21 6:00pm

2elijah

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:


I have to tell you how mind-boggling it is, that some put Black Americans inone box, to be all on the same, economic levels, to think alike, etc., etc.

You should not have to explain or apologize for it. You wonder why some clueless folks, in 2021 are still surprised middle-class or upper-class Black Americans exist. When we’re out their marching for justice/speaking out against injustices, etc., towards members of the entire Black community, we’re from various economic backgrounds, demanding justice for all Black Americans, no matter their economic class. Why is this so hard for some to ‘get that?’ Smh.
[Edited 5/1/21 14:16pm]


It’s almost like they are saying that the only “Real” Black people- and the only ones who suffer- are dirt poor folks who live in the inner city
Very condescending

That’s because many depend on the media to educate them on Black Americans while knowing absolutely nothing about us.
[Edited 5/2/21 9:14am]
PRESIDENT BIDEN, VICE-PRESIDENT HARRIS clapping
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 05/02/21 8:51am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

the fact is when a cop kills an unarmed white person (which happens about 2X as often as any other group) it is not seen as news worthy.

"So the best way to get something done, if you, if you hold near and dear to that, you uh um, like to be able uh...Anyway." - Joe Biden
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 05/02/21 8:57am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:
I have to tell you how mind-boggling it is, that some put Black Americans inone box, to be all on the same, economic levels, to think alike, etc., etc. You should not have to explain or apologize for it. You wonder why some clueless folks, in 2021 are still surprised middle-class or upper-class Black Americans exist. When we’re out their marching for justice/speaking out against injustices, etc., towards members of the entire Black community, we’re from various economic backgrounds, demanding justice for all Black Americans, no matter their economic class. Why is this so hard for some to ‘get that?’ Smh. [Edited 5/1/21 14:16pm]
It’s almost like they are saying that the only “Real” Black people- and the only ones who suffer- are dirt poor folks who live in the inner city Very condescending

Hold em Up! Haven't you often being cirical and even used race based slurs when a black person did not agree with you?

Seems some people really expect others to not voice any ideas contrary to the narrative to which they subscribe.

"So the best way to get something done, if you, if you hold near and dear to that, you uh um, like to be able uh...Anyway." - Joe Biden
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 05/02/21 9:10am

jjhunsecker

avatar

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said:



It’s almost like they are saying that the only “Real” Black people- and the only ones who suffer- are dirt poor folks who live in the inner city
Very condescending

That’s because many depend on the media to educate them on Black Americans while knowing absolutely nothing about us.
[Edited 5/1/21 18:00pm]


Very accurate- they don’t see the variety of thoughts and viewpoints- and contradictions- that exist within our communities. They prefer to narrow it down to simplicities that they prefer to use as a blanket definition of what we “should “ be
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 05/02/21 9:14am

2elijah

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

2elijah said:


That’s because many depend on the media to educate them on Black Americans while knowing absolutely nothing about us.
[Edited 5/1/21 18:00pm]


Very accurate- they don’t see the variety of thoughts and viewpoints- and contradictions- that exist within our communities. They prefer to narrow it down to simplicities that they prefer to use as a blanket definition of what we “should “ be

Some will never get it. Instead of attacking and being angry because our community
speaks out against societal ills, that affect our community, the clueless, outside attackers need to make an effort to pay attention to what’s going on in their communities, and stop using the excuse/blaming us for the media not giving them attention to their community’s ills. So their issue, is really with the media, not us. They need to wake-up about that.

They’d rather complain about us to deter acknowledging the societal ills that exists in their communities. I mean it’s not difficult for them to point out what those ills are, so what’s the problem with folks like 2freak not bringing it to the table without jealousy that another community brings theirs to the table?

His mindset reminds me of those folks in the 1920s, who were jealous of the segregated Black community in Tulsa, Oklahoma, so they attacked them, yet it wasn’t Black folks that created those racial discrimination/segregation laws. Racists didn’t want Blacks, whether poor or wealthy living among them. popcorn

What does he expects us to do about his bias? Sorry, but Brown-skin service ended in 1865.
[Edited 5/2/21 13:07pm]
PRESIDENT BIDEN, VICE-PRESIDENT HARRIS clapping
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 05/02/21 9:47am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

There is no community. There is just us.

-------------

I never see middle class blacks hanging with poor ones. There is a class highrarchy.

I do see poor whites with poor blacks; good friends in fact. I have few white ones. ha.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 05/02/21 9:47am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

You two sure agree with each other.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 05/02/21 3:30pm

IanRG

2freaky4church1 said:

You two sure agree with each other.

.

It is a nice counter balance to you and Only.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 05/02/21 3:37pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

IanRG said:

2freaky4church1 said:

You two sure agree with each other.

.

It is a nice counter balance to you and Only.

i assume you and 2freaky4church1 and 2elijah and 2elijah all mostly agree with me...

"So the best way to get something done, if you, if you hold near and dear to that, you uh um, like to be able uh...Anyway." - Joe Biden
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 05/02/21 5:52pm

IanRG

OnlyNDaUsa said:

IanRG said:

.

It is a nice counter balance to you and Only.

i assume you and 2freaky4church1 and 2elijah and 2elijah all mostly agree with me...

.

Why? The new Freaky may, but most others here clearly don't because you are so often verifiably wrong.

.

Such as you and Freaky pretending that Black people being more than twice as likely to be shot by police can be ignored because there are more than 5 times as many white people so more white people by total number are shot than black people.

.

There is only one 2elijah

[Edited 5/2/21 17:53pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 05/02/21 7:01pm

2elijah

avatar

IanRG said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:




IanRG said:



.


It is a nice counter balance to you and Only.





i assume you and 2freaky4church1 and 2elijah and 2elijah all mostly agree with me...



.


Why? The new Freaky may, but most others here clearly don't because you are so often verifiably wrong.


.


Such as you and Freaky pretending that Black people being more than twice as likely to be shot by police can be ignored because there are more than 5 times as many white people so more white people by total number are shot than black people.


.


There is only one 2elijah

[Edited 5/2/21 17:53pm]


You got that right Ian, thanks, and in no way do I agree with that person who is lying.
[Edited 5/2/21 19:02pm]
PRESIDENT BIDEN, VICE-PRESIDENT HARRIS clapping
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 05/02/21 8:27pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

2elijah said:

IanRG said:

.

Why? The new Freaky may, but most others here clearly don't because you are so often verifiably wrong.

.

Such as you and Freaky pretending that Black people being more than twice as likely to be shot by police can be ignored because there are more than 5 times as many white people so more white people by total number are shot than black people.

.

There is only one 2elijah

[Edited 5/2/21 17:53pm]

You got that right Ian, thanks, and in no way do I agree with that person who is lying. [Edited 5/2/21 19:02pm]

I did not read Ian's post... but other than putting in your name twice when I mean to include jjhunsecker ...


We agree that cops kill too many people and that black people are killed at a higher rate than other groups (not to be confused with raw numbers)

we agree that many of these cases the cop acted criminally (we need not always agree on what law was broken, and you ALL agree with me that conviction is the same as if they did what they were convicted for)

seems by my memory we agree way more than not.

"So the best way to get something done, if you, if you hold near and dear to that, you uh um, like to be able uh...Anyway." - Joe Biden
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Before George Floyd there was Tony Timpa. White victim.