independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Bob Woodwards book: Rage
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/09/20 10:31am

benni

avatar

Bob Woodwards book: Rage

Quotes from the book:

"It’s also more deadly than your–you know, your, even your strenuous flus. You know, people don’t realize, we lose 25,000, 30,000 people a year here. Who would ever think that, right?" https://cnn.com/2020/09/0...ex.html… (w/ audio recordings of Trump saying he likes to downplay the virus)


President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage."

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.

In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.


“I just looked at him, [Pence] like, how are you stomaching this?” Marsha Coats said, according to Woodward. “I just looked at him like, this is horrible. I mean, we made eye contact. I think he understood. And he just whispered in my ear, ‘Stay the course.’ ”

"The loathing was mutual. “Not to mention my fucking generals are a bunch of pussies. They care more about their alliances than they do about trade deals,” Trump told White House trade adviser Peter Navarro at one point, according to Woodward."


**************************************************
So, we learn Trump downplayed the virus because he "didn't want to cause a panic", but instead, 190,000 Americans have died. We learn that Trump knew about this long before he issued the quasi travel ban from China. We learn that even Trump was aware that this is more deadly than the flu. It is also reported that he told Woodward that it wasn't just old people, that young people were getting it and dying from it.

Some are saying Woodward was complicit since he didn't come out with the audio recordinds back in February or March, but I have a suspicion that some of the leaks came from Woodward.

This is deeply disturbing stuff.

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/09/20 1:02pm

SoulAlive

eek neutral

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/09/20 1:26pm

SoulAlive

these tapes are very damaging for Trump.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/09/20 1:39pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

SoulAlive said:

these tapes are very damaging for Trump.


Just heard them - very damaging. His excuse is that he did not want to spread panic - but he downplayed covid. What he did ws instill a casual atttitude which contributed to spreading covid more.

Idiot.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/09/20 1:46pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

Quotes from the book:

"It’s also more deadly than your–you know, your, even your strenuous flus. You know, people don’t realize, we lose 25,000, 30,000 people a year here. Who would ever think that, right?" https://cnn.com/2020/09/0...ex.html… (w/ audio recordings of Trump saying he likes to downplay the virus)


President Donald Trump admitted he knew weeks before the first confirmed US coronavirus death that the virus was dangerous, airborne, highly contagious and "more deadly than even your strenuous flus," and that he repeatedly played it down publicly, according to legendary journalist Bob Woodward in his new book "Rage."

"This is deadly stuff," Trump told Woodward on February 7.

In a series of interviews with Woodward, Trump revealed that he had a surprising level of detail about the threat of the virus earlier than previously known. "Pretty amazing," Trump told Woodward, adding that the coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu.


“I just looked at him, [Pence] like, how are you stomaching this?” Marsha Coats said, according to Woodward. “I just looked at him like, this is horrible. I mean, we made eye contact. I think he understood. And he just whispered in my ear, ‘Stay the course.’ ”

"The loathing was mutual. “Not to mention my fucking generals are a bunch of pussies. They care more about their alliances than they do about trade deals,” Trump told White House trade adviser Peter Navarro at one point, according to Woodward."


**************************************************
So, we learn Trump downplayed the virus because he "didn't want to cause a panic", but instead, 190,000 Americans have died. We learn that Trump knew about this long before he issued the quasi travel ban from China. We learn that even Trump was aware that this is more deadly than the flu. It is also reported that he told Woodward that it wasn't just old people, that young people were getting it and dying from it.

Some are saying Woodward was complicit since he didn't come out with the audio recordinds back in February or March, but I have a suspicion that some of the leaks came from Woodward.

This is deeply disturbing stuff.

Trump's mental sphere is very limited and narrow


"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/09/20 2:05pm

SoulAlive

DiminutiveRocker said:

SoulAlive said:

these tapes are very damaging for Trump.


Just heard them - very damaging. His excuse is that he did not want to spread panic - but he downplayed covid. What he did ws instill a casual atttitude which contributed to spreading covid more.

Idiot.

Exactly.He made the problem worse.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/09/20 2:39pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

SoulAlive said:

DiminutiveRocker said:


Just heard them - very damaging. His excuse is that he did not want to spread panic - but he downplayed covid. What he did ws instill a casual atttitude which contributed to spreading covid more.

Idiot.

Exactly.He made the problem worse.



Trump knew - he is an abomination. Why did Woodward sit on this info? neutral

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/09/20 2:52pm

SoulAlive

DiminutiveRocker said:

SoulAlive said:

Exactly.He made the problem worse.



Trump knew - he is an abomination. Why did Woodward sit on this info? neutral

yeah,I wish that these guys who are writing these books now,would have spoken up sooner.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/09/20 3:14pm

PennyPurple

avatar

SoulAlive said:

DiminutiveRocker said:



Trump knew - he is an abomination. Why did Woodward sit on this info? neutral

yeah,I wish that these guys who are writing these books now,would have spoken up sooner.

I do too, but they have a book to sell and it's election time. Might be a pretty good election bombshell.

FREE Poppy's, RDhull, Mdiver, Shanti0608, 13, BOMBSQUAD, NERO. 2020=Change. Let's make it happen!!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/09/20 3:39pm

SoulAlive

Trump is the only president who has a new scandal every few days.This is what happens when you elect a shady,corrupt guy to lead the country.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/09/20 4:50pm

lazycrockett

avatar

Drumpf and his administration delights in causing pain and suffering. Starting with Hurricane Maria to putting children in cages to now watching millions of citizens infected and almost 200,000 dead.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/09/20 5:31pm

daingermouz202
0

What a dummy! How is this dude on tape? Trump biggest enemy is his big fat mouth.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/09/20 8:04pm

2elijah

avatar

And there’s more. None of it surprises me, yet he wonders why so many in the Black community despise him.


https://blavity.com/idk-w...gory2=news

IDK Which Black Trump Voter Needs To Hear This But The Man Literally Said He Does Not Care To Understand Black Struggles

Throughout nearly 20 interviews, Trump denied that racism was a problem and criticized Black people for not supporting him.

Jon Greig
by Jon Greig

Woodward conducted, and recorded, nearly 20 interviews with Trump over a series of months that details the president's thoughts on the killing of George Floyd, the protests over police brutality and his thoughts on race and Black people, according to The Washington Post.

Excerpts of Woodward's new book Rage and recordings of Trump's comments have been given to The Washington Post.

Woodward spoke by phone with Trump on June 19, just three weeks after Floyd was killed. During the conversation, the president downplayed concerns Black people have about racism in America.

When Woodward tells Trump that they are both "privileged" older white men and they have to be more aware of how Black people feel, Trump mocks him, saying they do not need to understand the "anger and pain" felt by Black communities.

“No…You really drank the Kool-Aid, didn’t you? Just listen to you. Wow. No, I don’t feel that at all,” he told Woodward.

Even as Woodward presses the topic of race, Trump pivots to his impact on the economy. He makes the statement that he "has done more for the African American community than any other president in history besides Lincoln," The Hill reports.[


I’ve done a tremendous amount for the Black community. And, honestly, I’m not feeling any love,” he said during a conversation on July 8.


Days later, Woodward asked the president about race again but Trump said systemic racism isn't limited to just the United States.

“Well, I think there is everywhere. I think probably less here than most places. Or less here than many places,” Trump said.
When repeatedly pressed on racism and whether it exists in the United States, Trump eventually says, “I think it is. And it’s unfortunate. But I think it is.”

Throughout the interviews, Trump spoke derisively about Black leaders, only referring to former President Barack Obama as "Barack Hussein."

“I don’t think Obama’s smart. I think he’s highly overrated. And I don’t think he’s a great speaker,” Trump told Woodward, adding that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un called Obama an "asshole" when they spoke privately.

Trump has had a problematic relationship with the Black community for decades. He has faced lawsuits and accusations that he and his family broke federal laws in barring Black people from living in his buildings.

But, his standing within the Black community started to plummet when he began to push a conspiracy of Obama's birth and eventually becoming beloved by former and current Ku Klux Klan members, white supremacist groups and neo nazi organizations.


The book has also caused outrage for a number of admissions made by the president regarding his response to the coronavirus pandemic.
[Edited 9/9/20 20:14pm]
[Edited 9/9/20 20:43pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/09/20 8:19pm

benni

avatar

I'm waiting for, hoping for, more tapes to drop. Woodward got 18 interviews with Trump and had Trump's permission to record them "on the record". You know that if they release these tidbits before the book's release, that there has to be worse in the book. Trump's press secretary today said that Trump didn't downplay the virus, that he was open and honest with the American people, even while people were listening to the audio of Trump saying that yes, he downplayed it because he didn't want to cause a panic. But he sure was trying to cause a panic with Suburban women in recent times, and in 2016 didn't mind trying to cause a panic about "caravans" coming from Mexico, or BLM, or Antifa. Suddenly, with Covid 19 he didn't want to cause a panic? Yeah, he just didn't want to panic the stock market.

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/09/20 8:39pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

I'm waiting for, hoping for, more tapes to drop. Woodward got 18 interviews with Trump and had Trump's permission to record them "on the record". You know that if they release these tidbits before the book's release, that there has to be worse in the book. Trump's press secretary today said that Trump didn't downplay the virus, that he was open and honest with the American people, even while people were listening to the audio of Trump saying that yes, he downplayed it because he didn't want to cause a panic. But he sure was trying to cause a panic with Suburban women in recent times, and in 2016 didn't mind trying to cause a panic about "caravans" coming from Mexico, or BLM, or Antifa. Suddenly, with Covid 19 he didn't want to cause a panic? Yeah, he just didn't want to panic the stock market.

It's utter bullshit. By not being straight with the public he caused the virus to spread and ultimately kill thousands of people. Oh, but we should panic about a dangerous caravan of hoodlums coming from South America!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/09/20 9:22pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

#trumpknew

This news in Trump's own voice and words should anger and trouble every American. If Trump had told us the truth early, had followed the advice of his health professionals to wear a mask and social distance, many wonderful Americans would still be alive today. Trump said he did not want to panic us, but everyday he uses fear and panic with us about social unrest. He lied about Covid and let people die because he does not care about us and just wanted to win an election.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/10/20 4:42am

PennyPurple

avatar

Is this enough for his cult to not vote for him? Hopefully it is, but we know they are idiots.

FREE Poppy's, RDhull, Mdiver, Shanti0608, 13, BOMBSQUAD, NERO. 2020=Change. Let's make it happen!!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/10/20 4:53am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Is this enough for his cult to not vote for him? Hopefully it is, but we know they are idiots.


This PLUS the whistleblower complaint that the DHS "acting" director among others instructed to alter the intelligence that Russia is a threat to the election, that white Spremacy groups are a threat and to instead alter the intelleigence that match trump's narrative that it is Iran and China and "Antifa" that are the threat. If his lemmings vote for him anyway, and the republicans in congress support him anyway - God help us. disbelief

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/10/20 4:57am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

Have you heard the tape when he tells Woodward that he "drank the kool aid" and simply denies that white privilege exists in this country?


There is more to come, folks.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/10/20 5:05am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

Have you heard the tape when he tells Woodward that he "drank the kool aid" and simply denies that white privilege exists in this country?


There is more to come, folks.


All Trump’s chickens are roosting loud!
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/10/20 5:28am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Have you heard the tape when he tells Woodward that he "drank the kool aid" and simply denies that white privilege exists in this country?


There is more to come, folks.

All Trump’s chickens are roosting loud!



All the President's Chickens


lol

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/10/20 6:34am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


DiminutiveRocker said:

Have you heard the tape when he tells Woodward that he "drank the kool aid" and simply denies that white privilege exists in this country?


There is more to come, folks.



All Trump’s chickens are roosting loud!



All the President's Chickens


lol




This statement below solidifies that he doesn’t give a shit about the Black community or anyone from the Black community murdered by police. He’s a piece of shit with no soul.

From the article in post #8:

When Woodward tells Trump that they are both "privileged" older white men and they have to be more aware of how Black people feel, Trump mocks him, saying they do not need to understand the "anger and pain" felt by Black communities.

“No…You really drank the Kool-Aid, didn’t you? Just listen to you. Wow. No, I don’t feel that at all,” he told Woodward.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/10/20 7:00am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:



All the President's Chickens


lol

This statement below solidifies that he doesn’t give a shit about the Black community or anyone from the Black community murdered by police. He’s a piece of shit with no soul. From the article in post #8: “When Woodward tells Trump that they are both "privileged" older white men and they have to be more aware of how Black people feel, Trump mocks him, saying they do not need to understand the "anger and pain" felt by Black communities. “No…You really drank the Kool-Aid, didn’t you? Just listen to you. Wow. No, I don’t feel that at all,” he told Woodward.

whoops, there it is! Woodward was speaking with empathy, admitting his own privilege and swamp flat out denies it. He does not give one shit about Black and yet he boasts as being the one president who has done the most for the Black community. He's a filthy, lying pig - but we already knew that. Thanks for the confirmation ON TAPE, Mr. Woodward.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/10/20 8:02am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


DiminutiveRocker said:




All the President's Chickens


lol



This statement below solidifies that he doesn’t give a shit about the Black community or anyone from the Black community murdered by police. He’s a piece of shit with no soul. From the article in post #8: “When Woodward tells Trump that they are both "privileged" older white men and they have to be more aware of how Black people feel, Trump mocks him, saying they do not need to understand the "anger and pain" felt by Black communities. “No…You really drank the Kool-Aid, didn’t you? Just listen to you. Wow. No, I don’t feel that at all,” he told Woodward.


whoops, there it is! Woodward was speaking with empathy, admitting his own privilege and swamp flat out denies it. He does not give one shit about Black and yet he boasts as being the one president who has done the most for the Black community. He's a filthy, lying pig - but we already knew that. Thanks for the confirmation ON TAPE, Mr. Woodward.


I still want to know what exactly did Trump do for the Black community? He insults the Black community, yet wants our vote. Smh.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/10/20 8:19am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

If this doesn't take him down I don't know what to think.

-----

2Elijah, black unemployment did go down. Trump freed some people from prison. He helped black colleges.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/10/20 8:46am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

QAnon is doctoring the tapes. lol

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/10/20 8:50am

2elijah

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

If this doesn't take him down I don't know what to think.



-----



2Elijah, black unemployment did go down. Trump freed some people from prison. He helped black colleges.


So I’m suppose to praise him for that. Shiiiiit He doesn’t do things without a favor in return. Fuck that.

Did he immediately condemn his white nationalists shitheads immediately at Charlottesville? Why does he retweet racist comments from hate groups and he made it clear in the Woodward interview that he doesn’t give a shit about the Black community, but most of us already knew that before he became president.
[Edited 9/10/20 9:00am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/10/20 8:51am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

See, that's not right lol

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/10/20 9:06am

2elijah

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

See, that's not right lol



Pretending you did so much for the Black community isn’t right. Had Kim not go to him to get some Black Americans out of prison, he wouldn’t have done it. He did it for the publicity and hoping Kim would bring him Black voters. He’s suppose to be the president of all Americans, whether they like him or not. That comes with the job. He has never hesitated to show his true and nasty feelings towards the Black community, yet he expects the Black community to go out in droves to vote for him? Lol.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/10/20 11:20am

benni

avatar

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Have you heard the tape when he tells Woodward that he "drank the kool aid" and simply denies that white privilege exists in this country?


There is more to come, folks.

All Trump’s chickens are roosting loud!


Oh yes they are! https://www.buzzfeednews....-ukrainian

@GeorgeTrue1 -- Alex's Jones's Razor - it's not that sharp
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Bob Woodwards book: Rage