independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > BLM #2
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/30/20 3:52pm

PennyPurple

avatar

BLM #2

Since the other thread self locked.


I watched this video today and can't stop watching it. It is so Powerful!

Spike Lee and Michael Jackson for the win!!


https://www.youtube.com/w...oEa9bzeTu0

Free Poppy's, Bombsquad, 13, Nero, Mdiver, shanti0608, RDhull. If Glamslam can get a 2nd chance, they should be able to also. 2020=CHANGE
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/30/20 9:19pm

2elijah

avatar

Wow...amazing. Thanks so much for posting that Penny.

That video says it all. So sad that it reflects the protests of the 60s and it’s 2020, and the fight against racism, police brutality, is still happening in America.

#Blessthepeacefulprotestersfortheircourage🙏🏽
[Edited 8/30/20 21:20pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/31/20 4:15pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

https://www.msn.com/en-us...d=msedgntp

Black Lives Matter demonstrators expected to shut down major Chicago expressway

Thousands of Black Lives Matter demonstrators are expected to join a peaceful protest that will shut down a major expressway in Chicago on Saturday. Law enforcement is stepping up patrols to prevent looting after the city’s downtown was left in disarray days ago. NBC’s Kathy Park reports for Weekend TODAY.

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?
#IDEFINEME
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/31/20 4:24pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Since the other thread self locked.


I watched this video today and can't stop watching it. It is so Powerful!

Spike Lee and Michael Jackson for the win!!


https://www.youtube.com/w...oEa9bzeTu0

A friend sent me that vid in a text. Really amazing imagery and music fits perfectly (because not much has changed since MJ recorded it)





[Edited 9/2/20 16:34pm]

VOTE....EARLY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/31/20 6:48pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

https://www.msn.com/en-us...d=msedgntp

Mother says daughter right not to raise fist for Black Lives Matter

Caroline Graham and Peter Sheridan In Los Angeles For The Mail On Sunday 18 hrs ago
AAvcPpT.img?h=24&w=24&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&f=pngMother says daughter right not to raise fist for Black Lives Matter

The mother of a woman berated by a screaming mob for not raising her fist in support of the Black Lives Matter movement says her daughter refused to be 'intimidated' by the incident.

Shocking footage of Lauren Victor surrounded by yelling protesters as she sat outside a cafe near her home in Washington DC went around the world last week, with many hailing her as a hero for not bowing to the baying crowd.

Her mother Merna Victor, 77, told The Mail on Sunday that her daughter would never cave into pressure from a mob – even though she supports Black Lives Matter.

'She is a supporter and has marched in support of Black Lives Matter on several occasions but she wasn't going to be intimidated by them,' she said.

  • BB18vTCl.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f
  • BB18w6ww.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f
  • BB18vZHl.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f&x=315&y=247
a woman standing in front of a crowd: Lauren Victor was shouted at by white protesters outside a restaurant in DC on Monday last week. Her mother Merna Victor, 77, told The Mail on Sunday that her daughter would never cave into pressure from a mob ¿ even though she supports Black Lives Matter
Next Slide
1/3 SLIDES © Provided by Daily Mail
Lauren Victor was shouted at by white protesters outside a restaurant in DC on Monday last week. Her mother Merna Victor, 77, told The Mail on Sunday that her daughter would never cave into pressure from a mob ¿ even though she supports Black Lives Matter

'She was sitting with a friend outside a cafe just around the corner from her home, drinking her tea, when this large crowd appeared with their fists in the air.

'They had been going from cafe to cafe trying to get people to join them and calling for everyone to raise a clenched fist.'

Urban planner Lauren, 49, refused to raise her fist despite her dining companion and those sat nearby doing so. 'At first it wasn't clear what they were protesting and they weren't chanting any Black Lives Matter slogans, so she didn't know what the protest was about,' her mother explained.

'They crowded around Lauren's table at the cafe urging her to raise her first. They were a very emotional group.

'When she heard it was Black Lives Matter she explained that she totally supported them and had marched in several protests.

BB18vZHq.img?h=400&w=319&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f
© Provided by Daily Mail Even young children were made to raise their fists by protesters at several outdoor restaurants

'Lauren's friend raised her fist but Lauren didn't want to be intimidated into raising her hand. She said, 'I'm on your side but I won't be pressured.' '

One protester screamed: 'Are you a Christian?' But Mrs Victor last night said: 'What did that have to do with anything? Lauren says she wasn't afraid at any point that they would harm her. It was only a couple in the crowd who were aggressively confronting her.

'The easy thing for her to do would be to raise her fist and it would be over. But she was a little taken aback by their anger and vehemence and would not be intimidated. It's one of those things that shouldn't have happened. She wishes the whole group had just passed her by.'

Lauren declined to comment at her home in Washington DC, but moments after the incident she told a local reporter she felt 'under attack', adding: 'It just felt overwhelming to have all of those people come at you.


'To have a crowd – with all that energy – demand that you do this thing. On one level my best guess was no one was going to hurt me but those things turn on a dime.' The crowd were protesting the shooting of Jacob Blake, a black father who was shot seven times in the back in front of his three children in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?
#IDEFINEME
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/31/20 8:25pm

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



PennyPurple said:


Since the other thread self locked.



I watched this video today and can't stop watching it. It is so Powerful!


Spike Lee and Michael Jackson for the win!!



https://www.youtube.com/w...oEa9bzeTu0




A friend sent me that vid in a tex. Really amazing imagery and music fits perfectly (because not much ahs changed since MJ recorded it)


It reflects exactly what is happening today. And you’re right, not that much has changed since MJ recorded it. I’m proud of the BLM peaceful protesters, and other protesters who have the courage to raise their voices and march against police brutality and racism. They will be the ones to force change in this country. The protests must continue or things will remain the same. Protesters of the 60s were highly criticized, attacked, called communists, troublemakers, and faced all kinds of verbal and physical abuse, but they marched on, and ‘some’ progress came out of it, but not far enough, as we see today that police brutality/racism is still a major issue.

Love the Spike Lee vid with MJ. Speaks volumes.

Power to the protesters, they will eventually prevail.
[Edited 8/31/20 20:58pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/01/20 4:36am

PennyPurple

avatar

What is disheartening to me, is the fact that after all this, the cops are still doing it. They just won't stop.

Free Poppy's, Bombsquad, 13, Nero, Mdiver, shanti0608, RDhull. If Glamslam can get a 2nd chance, they should be able to also. 2020=CHANGE
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/01/20 6:34am

2elijah

avatar

PennyPurple said:

What is disheartening to me, is the fact that after all this, the cops are still doing it. They just won't stop.


I agree. And what’s more disgusting is that there are people condoning the actions of rogue, poorly-trained or racist police, and very quick to criminalize the entire Black community, but not others. Especially when it comes to Black American victims fallen to police brutality. Then some have the nerve to harshly criticize the genuine, peaceful protesters, and many in BLM who had the courage to protest against police brutality, and the ongoing racial injustices in this country. Smh.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/01/20 8:47am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Good cops still have to go after blacks and poor whites. They are overseers.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/01/20 9:03am

2elijah

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Good cops still have to go after blacks and poor whites. They are overseers.


Have to?
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/01/20 9:38am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

Good OpEd




Black Lives Matter and ‘antifa’ are not the same thing

Demonstrators gather around the Lincoln Memorial in Washington on Aug. 28 to protest racism and police violence. (Astrid Riecken for The Washington Post)
September 1, 2020 at 3:01 a.m. PDT

Can’t believe I have to say this, but here goes. Black Lives Matter and “antifa” are not the same thing. Let me repeat. Black Lives Matter and antifa are not the same thing.

This moment of clarity (I hope) was inspired by a headline in the New York Post clearly designed to rile its conservative audience and one loyal reader in particular by the name of President Trump. “Man suspected in deadl...TIFA’” was based on a report in the Oregonian newspaper with this more newsy headline, “Man under investigatio...rotest.”

The Oregonian reports that a man is “under investigation in the fatal shooting Saturday night of a right-wing demonstrator after a pro-Trump rally.” Other details in the story include that he was accused of carrying a loaded gun at a July Black Lives Matter rally. Those charges were dropped. The Oregonian also reports that this man’s social media posts show that he had attended many of the BLM demonstrations in Portland, Ore., that began after the police killing in May of George Floyd in Minneapolis. The paper notes that a post from June declared, “I am 100% ANTIFA all the way! I am willing to fight for my brothers and sisters!”

On behalf of Black people, may I say, “No thanks.”

By his alleged murderous actions, he has aided Trump and the right-wing outrage machine in their effort to meld peaceful BLM protesters with the lawless rioters and looters who use their righteous cause as cover. As a result, the alleged killer has pulled the spotlight further away from the reason for the peaceful protests in the first place.

People, all sorts of people, took to the streets of U.S. cities large and small after the Floyd killing. The multiracial makeup of the protests, along with rising approval for the Black Lives Matter movement, led many of us to believe that we had reached a turning point in our fraught racial history. But it didn’t take long for the focus to shift (and the support to begin to falter). And the first national expression of umbrage came from E.D. Mondainé, the president of the Portland branch of the NAACP, in a July 23 op-ed for The Post.

“As the demonstrations continue every night in Portland, many people with their own agendas are co-opting, and distracting attention from, what should be our central concern: the Black Lives Matter movement,” Mondainé wrote. “The protests that have gone on for weeks in Portland and around the country had a very specific origin. The killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis prompted a nationwide reckoning with the original and savage crime of slavery our country committed against African Americans. This crime has been reverberating through every generation in this country, black and white, for 401 years. That monstrous crime has finally caught up with us as a nation. I do not believe it is a time for spectacle.”

Tear gas fills the air during protests in front of the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse in Portland, Ore., on July 25. (Paula Bronstein for The Washington Post)
VOTE....EARLY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/01/20 10:04am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

VOTE....EARLY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/01/20 2:39pm

toejam

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

Mother says daughter right not to raise fist for Black Lives Matter

.

The BLM movement has gone too far. And the more they protest in this manner, the more they are only encouraging voting citizens who are currently sitting on the fence to, rightly or wrongly, send another FU to the the Democrats in the upcoming election. Which is a shame because Trump is not a competent leader IMO. Yet he is currently seen as 'the voice' of opposition against the BLM movement. The more noise BLM protesters make, the better it is for Trump.

Toejam @ Peach & Black Podcast: http://peachandblack.podbean.com
Toejam's band "Cheap Fakes": http://cheapfakes.com.au, http://www.facebook.com/cheapfakes
Toejam the solo artist: http://www.youtube.com/scottbignell
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/01/20 5:17pm

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

Good OpEd







Black Lives Matter and ‘antifa’ are not the same thing



Demonstrators gather around the Lincoln Memorial in Washington on Aug. 28 to protest racism and police violence. (Astrid Riecken for The Washington Post)




September 1, 2020 at 3:01 a.m. PDT








Can’t believe I have to say this, but here goes. Black Lives Matter and “antifa” are not the same thing. Let me repeat. Black Lives Matter and antifa are not the same thing.




This moment of clarity (I hope) was inspired by a headline in the New York Post clearly designed to rile its conservative audience and one loyal reader in particular by the name of President Trump. “Man suspected in deadl...TIFA’” was based on a report in the Oregonian newspaper with this more newsy headline, “Man under investigatio...rotest.”






The Oregonian reports that a man is “under investigation in the fatal shooting Saturday night of a right-wing demonstrator after a pro-Trump rally.” Other details in the story include that he was accused of carrying a loaded gun at a July Black Lives Matter rally. Those charges were dropped. The Oregonian also reports that this man’s social media posts show that he had attended many of the BLM demonstrations in Portland, Ore., that began after the police killing in May of George Floyd in Minneapolis. The paper notes that a post from June declared, “I am 100% ANTIFA all the way! I am willing to fight for my brothers and sisters!”




On behalf of Black people, may I say, “No thanks.”





By his alleged murderous actions, he has aided Trump and the right-wing outrage machine in their effort to meld peaceful BLM protesters with the lawless rioters and looters who use their righteous cause as cover. As a result, the alleged killer has pulled the spotlight further away from the reason for the peaceful protests in the first place.




People, all sorts of people, took to the streets of U.S. cities large and small after the Floyd killing. The multiracial makeup of the protests, along with rising approval for the Black Lives Matter movement, led many of us to believe that we had reached a turning point in our fraught racial history. But it didn’t take long for the focus to shift (and the support to begin to falter). And the first national expression of umbrage came from E.D. Mondainé, the president of the Portland branch of the NAACP, in a July 23 op-ed for The Post.




“As the demonstrations continue every night in Portland, many people with their own agendas are co-opting, and distracting attention from, what should be our central concern: the Black Lives Matter movement,” Mondainé wrote. “The protests that have gone on for weeks in Portland and around the country had a very specific origin. The killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis prompted a nationwide reckoning with the original and savage crime of slavery our country committed against African Americans. This crime has been reverberating through every generation in this country, black and white, for 401 years. That monstrous crime has finally caught up with us as a nation. I do not believe it is a time for spectacle.”





Tear gas fills the air during protests in front of the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse in Portland, Ore., on July 25. (Paula Bronstein for The Washington Post)




Thanks for posting.
[Edited 9/1/20 17:18pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/02/20 4:16am

JorisE73

PennyPurple said:

Since the other thread self locked.


I watched this video today and can't stop watching it. It is so Powerful!

Spike Lee and Michael Jackson for the win!!


https://www.youtube.com/w...oEa9bzeTu0



thumbs up! thumbs up! Much needed now!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/02/20 4:20am

JorisE73

toejam said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Mother says daughter right not to raise fist for Black Lives Matter

.

The BLM movement has gone too far. And the more they protest in this manner, the more they are only encouraging voting citizens who are currently sitting on the fence to, rightly or wrongly, send another FU to the the Democrats in the upcoming election. Which is a shame because Trump is not a competent leader IMO. Yet he is currently seen as 'the voice' of opposition against the BLM movement. The more noise BLM protesters make, the better it is for Trump.


The mob mentality is a scary thing.
As a pasty white Dutch guy i thnk this is extremely disturbing and emabarassing. As if these white protestors have something to prove or want to show off to the media or black people how they are more supportive of black people than someone who has a different way of supporting the BLM movement. These dumb people with there idiot cancel-culture mob behaviour will put a shit stain on the BLM movement. Again whites fucking it up for the rest who aren't hung up on self promotion.

[Edited 9/2/20 4:37am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/02/20 5:23am

jaawwnn

avatar

All this "antifa" fear, the vaguest of vague terms for the vaguest of vague groups who do not exist in any real way - allowing the Republicans to completely control the narrative and drive division.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/02/20 6:44am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

toejam said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Mother says daughter right not to raise fist for Black Lives Matter

.

The BLM movement has gone too far. And the more they protest in this manner, the more they are only encouraging voting citizens who are currently sitting on the fence to, rightly or wrongly, send another FU to the the Democrats in the upcoming election. Which is a shame because Trump is not a competent leader IMO. Yet he is currently seen as 'the voice' of opposition against the BLM movement. The more noise BLM protesters make, the better it is for Trump.

I've seen a lot of this happening, but it also happened in the first wave of movements. Taking over college forums and yelling at students and panel discussion seats. They did it to Bernie, when he was running his political campaign. Just walk up on stage and Bernie moves out of the way.

The street/intersection blockings just infuriated people on the right and left. I don't know why anyone would think this kind of action would get people to hear them or side with them.

.

.

Worse, Trump's "law and order" scheme is not limited to overt violence. A viral video of a mob of protesters cornering a woman and demanding that she raise her fist may have alienated thousands of Americans from the protesters' message while winning Trump countless votes.


Supplanting the core liberal values of reason, debate and discussion with violence and coercion is not the way to win hearts and minds; it is the path to a resounding Trump victory on Nov. 3.


The political and social turmoil sweeping America also puts a fine point on another alarming development. While the American political right spent decades demonizing liberals and progressives as "treasonous" and "evil" "enemies," it should come as little surprise that the left is beginning to respond in kind; especially in the Trump era.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/end-the-violent-protests-now-%e2%80%94-youre-only-ensuring-trumps-reelection/ar-BB18Ddhy?ocid=ientp

.

.

.

.

.

Black Lives Matter protesters demanded restaurant patrons to raise their fists against "white supremacy" in the nation's capital. 0

Mia Cathell The Post Millennial

August 25, 2020 5:36 PM 2 mins reading

Black Lives Matter protesters demanded restaurant patrons to raise their fists against "white supremacy" in the nation's capital.

In an outdoor venue, BLM protestors surrounded a masked woman who appeared to be enjoying a peaceful meal alone.

One man crouched down to eye-level, shaking his head as he stated something in her face.

As they leaned in, the sheer numbers forced her to recline in her seat, shrinking away from the pouncing mob. Her diplomatic voice was drowned out by chants of "No Justice! No Peace!"

Here are more protestors on the streets of DC demanding a woman raise her fist against "white supremacy." They are actually proud of this shaming and bullying. They promote it as a job well done ? pic.twitter.com/mJvL4bEx97

— Asra Q. Nomani (@AsraNomani) August 25, 2020

On the outdoor patio of the Mezcalero Cocina Mexicana, a young couple was berated by a black woman who expressed herself with dramatic hand signs gestured over their food below.

The BLM sympathizer at the table beside the altercation also clenched his white fist.

"Put your mask on now, huh? Motherf**ker!" a supporter from the viewing crowd yelled at the man bullied into submission.

1) In a scene that played out several times Monday, a Black Lives Matter protest that began in Columbia Heights confronted White diners outside D.C. restaurants, chanting "White silence is violence!" and demanding White diners show their solidarity. #DCProtests pic.twitter.com/fJbPM76vb0

— Fredrick Kunkle WaPo (@KunkleFredrick) August 25, 2020

The black woman returned to square up with the now-masked man, pumping him for a reaction. He remained unrattled, folding his arms in front of him.

"Wow! Racism! White supremacy!" a protestor shouted over a megaphone.

When the camera panned away, a wave of "black power" fists pointed with animosity in the young couple's direction. One protestor decided to flash their middle finger instead, holding the hateful pose throughout the entire race-baiting incident.

These innocent civilians were merely paying customers, venturing outside their homes to break bread with their loved ones or in solitude—without having to display their solidarity. That's when the BLM mob attacked their existence in their daily lives for not being actively "anti-racist."

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-blm-mob-forces-dc-restaurant-patrons-to-raise-fists-in-black-power-salute?fbclid=IwAR06bAcp2xHoTQA35OqS64Rj98tRZWzlU8CescBdtk3IxbM-prDLaAImLI0

safe_image.php?d=AQBjYOOuQkR1MZv1&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fthepostmillennial.com%2Fcontent%2Fimages%2F2020%2F08%2FDuncomb--15-.png&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQBJxlT1a5oF6qJM

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?
#IDEFINEME
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/02/20 6:52am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator






Abdullah-Cullors.jpg

Ancestral and Divine work...

"We become very intimate with the spirits that we call on regularly," Prof. Melina Abdullah, co-founder of the Los Angeles chapter of Black Lives Matter, said to Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of Black Lives Matter. "Each of them seems to have a different presence and personality. You know, I laugh a lot with Wakisha, you know, and I didn't meet her in her body. Right, I met her through this work."

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=291479432259187

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?
#IDEFINEME
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/02/20 6:56am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

jaawwnn said:

All this "antifa" fear, the vaguest of vague terms for the vaguest of vague groups who do not exist in any real way - allowing the Republicans to completely control the narrative and drive division.

I just saw this on a social media feed

https://www.wsj.com/articles/q-a-what-is-antifa-11598985917?fbclid=IwAR2-ZWUfwOxdrsbmMqq2oHW4m88y4b9USombDwS6GKNxTKI2swM0Gdk8RnY

What Is Antifa?

Network of antiracist, antifascist protesters has heightened visibility over recent months of U.S. street demonstrations

ByRachael LevyCloseRachael Levy

Biography rachael.levy@wsj.com

Updated Sept. 1, 2020 5:30 pm ETPrintText

Protests across the U.S. in recent months have drawn an array of participants, including those calling themselves antifa. Some of the demonstrations have devolved into violence. Police are investigating a self-declared antifa supporter in the killing Saturday of a pro-Trump supporter in Portland, Ore. A look at antifa:

What is antifa?

Antifa—short for "antifascist"—is a loose network of groups and people that gained prominence after the white supremacist Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Va., in 2017...

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?
#IDEFINEME
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/02/20 8:22am

2elijah

avatar

JorisE73 said:



PennyPurple said:


Since the other thread self locked.



I watched this video today and can't stop watching it. It is so Powerful!


Spike Lee and Michael Jackson for the win!!



https://www.youtube.com/w...oEa9bzeTu0





thumbs up! thumbs up! Much needed now!


Yes love the vid. It speaks the ‘truth’ of what’s going on today around the world. It’s so sad the direction it’s going. In America right now, things are a mess in so many ways. Those that stay silent, condemn protesters for raising their voices against racism, police brutality, racial injustices, are usually the ones that never contribute to changing things for the better in this society. I applaud the protesters that are not afraid to show their courage in demanding change in this country. Eventually with their persistence and courage, they will win.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/02/20 11:17am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

JorisE73 said:



thumbs up! thumbs up! Much needed now!

Yes love the vid. It speaks the ‘truth’ of what’s going on today around the world. It’s so sad the direction it’s going. In America right now, things are a mess in so many ways. Those that stay silent, condemn protesters for raising their voices against racism, police brutality, racial injustices, are usually the ones that never contribute to changing things for the better in this society. I applaud the protesters that are not afraid to show their courage in demanding change in this country. Eventually with their persistence and courage, they will win.



Covid-19 + George Floyd (et al) = AN OUTCRY FOR CHANGE


The pandemic has shone a focused light on the economic divides and inequalties in this country as we see how virtual classrooms are not possible in the poorer school districts. And when the kids do return these same schools are not equipt to make is as safe as possible.

On the local news there was a story about two small children who were sitting in front of a Taco Bell to do their homework because they do not have wifi at home - parents out of work due to covid. A GoFundMe developed to help out the family of those children and all those who are in need.

VOTE....EARLY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/02/20 4:38pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

toejam said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Mother says daughter right not to raise fist for Black Lives Matter

.

The BLM movement has gone too far. And the more they protest in this manner, the more they are only encouraging voting citizens who are currently sitting on the fence to, rightly or wrongly, send another FU to the the Democrats in the upcoming election. Which is a shame because Trump is not a competent leader IMO. Yet he is currently seen as 'the voice' of opposition against the BLM movement. The more noise BLM protesters make, the better it is for Trump.

I disagree. Recent polls show people are more concerned about the pandemic and loss of jobs than a rise of violence and crime. trump is out of touch and cannot distract people from what they are being hit with every.single.day. As long as there are cell phones to capture police brutality against people of color, the protests will continue until there is real change. Fuck trump.







[Edited 9/3/20 10:57am]

VOTE....EARLY
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/04/20 8:47am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

"very deep feminine place"

She is correct in saying this, 3 of the female cofounders have expressed similar sentiment.

as well as a few others...

.

.

.

White people have gentrified Black Lives Matter. It's a problem
Erin B. Logan 5 hrs ago

.

In July, a white woman folded her body yoga-style onto the asphalt of a Portland street, her breasts and vagina exposed before a line of police officers. She said the movement for racial justice provoked a "very deep feminine place" within and that her "nakedness is political." Some on Twitter described it as "stunning and brave." I found it a grotesque display of privilege.

Black Lives Matter was once shunned by the white establishment. But now, it's chic. And that's a problem.

Here in Washington, the phrase is plastered on the street that runs perpendicular to the White House. BLM banners fly from homes in Silver Lake. BLM posters are taped to the windows of Portland coffee shops. BLM hashtags fill users' bios on Twitter and Tinder.

Institutions including Uber, Airbnb and the National Football League have embraced Black Lives Matter. (Yes, the same NFL that shunned Colin Kaepernick four years ago for kneeling in protest of police brutality now issues calls to "end racism" in their endzones.)

This jolt of white solidarity is not imaginary. According to a June poll from Monmouth University, 49% of white Americans now say police are more likely to use excessive force against a Black culprit. In 2016, that figure was 25%. But will it last?

White people have been involved in Black liberation efforts for centuries, from abolition in the 19th century to civil rights in the 20th, according to Hasan Kwame Jeffries, a history professor at Ohio State.

Some white supporters bolstered the original Black Lives Matter movement, which emerged in response to the police killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., in August 2014. And in this second big wave of BLM protests that began in May after the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, an unprecedented number of white people flooded the streets.

Young people like me (I'm 25) were the largest age cohort among the protesters. One reason young people protested is that they had been cooped up in their homes due to the global pandemic, said Douglas McAdam, a sociologist at Stanford who studies social movements. He told me that the dire economy, coupled with disdain for the current president, is also a factor in a large number of young people in the streets.

In other words, it can be hard to disaggregate young people's rage about the loss of life, hope, jobs and opportunities from their righteous solidarity with Black protesters...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/...ocid=ientp

#ALBUMSSTILLMATTER
https://prince.org/msg/7/464433 9.24.2020
if you ever try the lotus position
Try it while you're being strangled
Do U understand what I'm saying?
#IDEFINEME
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/04/20 8:54am

jaawwnn

avatar

Hard to disagree, although obviously over-simplistic.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/04/20 9:09am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


JorisE73 said:




thumbs up! thumbs up! Much needed now!



Yes love the vid. It speaks the ‘truth’ of what’s going on today around the world. It’s so sad the direction it’s going. In America right now, things are a mess in so many ways. Those that stay silent, condemn protesters for raising their voices against racism, police brutality, racial injustices, are usually the ones that never contribute to changing things for the better in this society. I applaud the protesters that are not afraid to show their courage in demanding change in this country. Eventually with their persistence and courage, they will win.



Covid-19 + George Floyd (et al) = AN OUTCRY FOR CHANGE


The pandemic has shone a focused light on the economic divides and inequalties in this country as we see how virtual classrooms are not possible in the poorer school districts. And when the kids do return these same schools are not equipt to make is as safe as possible.

On the local news there was a story about two small children who were sitting in front of a Taco Bell to do their homework because they do not have wifi at home - parents out of work due to covid. A GoFundMe developed to help out the family of those children and all those who are in need.


Totally agree with this.
[Edited 9/4/20 9:09am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/04/20 9:58am

deebee

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

"very deep feminine place"

She is correct in saying this, 3 of the female cofounders have expressed similar sentiment.

as well as a few others...

.

.

.

White people have gentrified Black Lives Matter. It's a problem
Erin B. Logan 5 hrs ago

BB16WoHv.img?h=727&w=1119&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f


That picture! falloff

One doesn't need to invoke the notion that White people's involvement has somehow gentrified what was a hitherto pure and authentic 'movement of the people'. There's always been at least a dichotomy, if not a tension, intrinsic to BLM between the more spontaneous protests of young and disenfranchised Black people out on the streets, and the academic- and nonprofit-based figures who've somehow always ended up in the TV studios and on the live-streams.

Perhaps that's something intrinsic to the modern social movements - which have often had a mix of working-class and middle-class elements; revolutionaries and reformers; 'house' and 'field', to borrow Malcolm X's formulation. It's also got something to do with the way that things get taken up, stripped of their less palatable elements, repackaged and sold back to us as consumers, these days, through which we can enjoy a 'lifestyle' and affirm an 'identity' - with no threat to anything systemic. The culture industries have figured out that Twitter-mobs will pounce when they see the energies of transformative movements being packaged up with Kendall Jenner's face to sell us soft drinks, but they'll applaud those same energies being appropriated by Nike to flog us sportswear, when the only substantive difference is that the latter is smarter marketing.

I went on the official BLM website a few months back, to see if I could find the platform they put together a few years back, and was actually rather taken aback at how 'gentrified' it looked - like an expensively-designed nonprofit site. A banner on the homepage enjoins visitors to "TAKE ACTION ... by signing up for updates, supporting our work, checking out our resources, following us on social media, or wearing our dope, official gear" - and one can then click through to the shop to buy branded 'merch'. Even in the 'Resources' section for activists, the first link is to something called a "Healing Action Toolkit", which starts off with New Age mantras about "self-care" activities and fucking breathing exercises to engender "centering and grounding"! lol

Naturally, I support those protesting on the streets when atrocities take place, and even the middle-class student kids joining the movement in good conscience - and even (despite my gentle barbs) the cadre of academic 'founders' (the "trained Marxists") who've crafted themselves a niche at the top, to the extent that they are genuinely trying to push an emancipatory agenda. But it's always looked to me like there's an intrinsic mix of elements that tend towards radical rupture and transformation, and elements that can quite happily nestle down in existing conditions.

[Edited 9/4/20 10:45am]

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/04/20 7:40pm

IanRG

With of the deflection and cancel culture tactics to deny systemic racism by the far right - the need for BLM is shown by the difference between the police giving one murderer a bottle of water and killing another as encourgaged by a president praising the first as a "hero" while condemning the second.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/05/20 2:58am

2elijah

avatar

IanRG said:

With of the deflection and cancel culture tactics to deny systemic racism by the far right - the need for BLM is shown by the difference between the police giving one murderer a bottle of water and killing another as encourgaged by a president praising the first as a "hero" while condemning the second.



Absolutely!

I find the ones smearing BLM are those who choose to turn a blind eye to systemic racism in this country. They don’t want to admit it exists, so they find every reason to attack BLM protesters, including protesters from various racial justice organizations. They ignore the infiltrators, agitators and those who inject themselves into the protests, among the peaceful protesters, who are not there for the same reasons as the peaceful protesters. They focus on rioting/looting by ignoring police brutality/and the racial inequalities that continue to exist in this country, and they attack the characters of deceased victims murdered by some rogue/racist/poorly-trained police.

Those critics are not the type of people who contribute to making America a better place, because they are cowards that ‘choose’ to turn a blind eye, to systemic racism, and other injustices, that continue to plague America. Yet he sane cowards, have the audacity to benefit from the changes that have happened, because of the courage the brave ones who stood up and raised their voices in protest, against America’s ills, and forced positive changes to take place.

The armed militants whom are affiliated with known hate groups, are using these protests to push their own agenda, and cloaking it as supposedly protecting property.

Power and prayers to the peaceful protesters who are out there on the front lines, fighting for a better America, including the peaceful protesters who have lost their lives during these protests, as well as, those who have fallen victim, to police brutality, racial injustice. 🙏🏽 peace #SAYTHEIRNAMES
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
BIDEN/HARRIS 11/3/20
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/05/20 7:16am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

IanRG said:

With of the deflection and cancel culture tactics to deny systemic racism by the far right - the need for BLM is shown by the difference between the police giving one murderer a bottle of water and killing another as encourgaged by a president praising the first as a "hero" while condemning the second.

being a combat vet gives a little weight to his point of view... and it is one I lean towards (that he had no business possessing a gun as a minor. (I belive that is a mistaminor not withstanding the possable addition of if HE trasnported it actross state lines). He also agrees with me that dispite the state's very strong self defence laws that he was way out of line and even when he was attacked (and he was) for no apprent good reason.

But to compair his carrying a gun (if he had been 18 it would have been legal) as he did to insurgants in a combat zone is foolish. I would like to see his 214 to see what his MOS and role in 'combat' was.

It was only due to his age (an age when he could have himself been active duty military) that him possessing a gun without direct adult supervision was a crime. And it sounds like he thinks it would be.

I stand with Ben and the Moderators!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > BLM #2