independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Jane Elliott: There is no white supremacy.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/26/20 2:41pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Jane Elliott: There is no white supremacy.

She is on fire again and even schools Brother Cornel:

https://www.youtube.com/w...amp;t=665s

What I like is she is against all this White Fragility nonsense.

So called pale faces are ignorant, not evil.

I'm no longer white. I'm human first.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/26/20 5:54pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

If you can walk in Saks or Tiffany’s , and NOT get watched and followed, then I hate to tell you this ... but YOU BE WHITE!
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/26/20 8:57pm

2elijah

avatar

She said White people are not supreme, therefore they are not a supreme race, they are part of the Human race like all people, so no one within the Human race is superior period. However, white supremacy ‘ideology’ (although a false ideology) exists, because it was/is what designed the system of racism in America and in other parts of the world.


I’m surprised you didn’t post this 2018 video with
Professor Angela Davis And Jane Elliot.

A classic with two icons clapping

Amazing discussion.

https://youtu.be/S0jf8D5WHoo
[Edited 8/27/20 16:00pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/27/20 8:13am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

She is wrong about class. But that's not her wheel house. I'm sure I saw the other video, since I am the Jane expert. lol

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/27/20 8:14am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Maybe the sports boycotts will wake up white America, which obviously don't exist. lol

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/27/20 9:05am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

She said White people are not supreme, therefore they are not a supreme race, but white supremacy ‘ideology’ (although a false ideology) exists, because it was/is what designed the system of racism in America and in other parts of the world. I’m surprised you didn’t post this 2018 video with Professor Angela Davis And Jane Elliot. A classic with two icons clapping Amazing discussion. https://youtu.be/S0jf8D5WHoo [Edited 8/26/20 23:20pm]


Thaks for posting, 2E. Classic indeed nod

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/27/20 10:05am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


She said White people are not supreme, therefore they are not a supreme race, but white supremacy ‘ideology’ (although a false ideology) exists, because it was/is what designed the system of racism in America and in other parts of the world. I’m surprised you didn’t post this 2018 video with Professor Angela Davis And Jane Elliot. A classic with two icons clapping Amazing discussion. https://youtu.be/S0jf8D5WHoo [Edited 8/26/20 23:20pm]


Thaks for posting, 2E. Classic indeed nod


You’re welcome. I’m buying that book she recommended, ‘Nile Valley Contribution to civilization’.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/27/20 11:11am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Nooooooooooooooo, 2Elijah, that is Black Nationalist claptrap. Nooooooooooooooooo

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/27/20 11:31am

2elijah

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Nooooo, 2Elijah, that is Black Nationalist claptrap. Nooooo


What part of it is Black Nationalism in your view? At least point out why you believe that.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/27/20 2:12pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

2freaky4church1 said:

Nooooooooooooooo, 2Elijah, that is Black Nationalist claptrap. Nooooooooooooooooo

What part of it is Black Nationalism in your view? At least point out why you believe that.

Good question ^^^ Well, Freaky?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/27/20 2:52pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

She is wrong about class. But that's not her wheel house. I'm sure I saw the other video, since I am the Jane expert. lol



Class, in most senses, is rarely a factor in the lives of many Black people, as dew are viewed or treated differently based on their class.

As Malcolm X said “ “What do you call a Black person with a PhD? N***er ! “
#SOCIETYDEFINESU
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/27/20 3:34pm

IanRG

2freaky4church1 said:

Nooooooooooooooo, 2Elijah, that is Black Nationalist claptrap. Nooooooooooooooooo

.

Classist, racist, black nationalist, white supremacist!!!!

.

Three of the most important "ists" are:

.

List: That is all these ists and isms are good for. Once you use them to divide people by generalisations to seek who you should fight as the other, you have become the problem.

.

Conversationalist: You need to give more depth in your discourse. At the very least, a high level explanation of your one liners.

.

Realist: You cannot dismiss the ideologies of so many white racists and the real life experiences of living in a country where these ideologies result in real discrimination againt others purely by race without reference to class etc.

[Edited 8/27/20 16:16pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/27/20 3:57pm

2elijah

avatar

2freak, I haven't purchased or read the book yet, but I don't think Jane would suggest a book filled with Black nationalism and she's against White nationalism. Again, if you read the book, why are you staying it's Black nationalism? I'm curious why you are drawing that conclusion.
[Edited 8/27/20 15:58pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/27/20 4:39pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

I wholeheartedly disagree with Jane Elliott's manipulation of children (and adults).

She claimed to give her subjects an 'innoculation against racism' when in fact it was an innoculation of racism. No children are born racist. My daughter has never described people by their skin colour because that concept is not in her. If she needs to talk about a person whose name she doesn't know, she will usually describe what they said or did or where we were when we met them. It is the system - schools in particular - that perpetuates the idea of racism, just like Jane did. She also treated children like guinea pigs, with disrespect, and lied to them.

Three other things that strike me about her 'blue eye-brown eye' experiment manipulation:

1. it was based upon the assumption that intolerance or prejudice are only a white person's trait (as was shown in her Channel 4 experiment),

2. it was forced upon people - without their prior knowledge of its purpose, and

3. it was led with authority by a WHITE person.



[Edited 8/28/20 2:40am]

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/27/20 6:37pm

2elijah

avatar

I admire Jane for her courage to tell the truth about white supremacy ideology, an uncomfortable truth for many, and the continued damaging effect it has on this country, which is the reason this country is ripe with racism, based on that very system of hatred.

So it’s not surprising that some would be uncomfortable with the harsh and ugly truths, she reveals about an ideology built on lies and hate, just to use it to brainwash a specific group of people, that they are superior beings, when in fact they are not. It is unfortunate that many who call themselves right-wing extremists/white nationalists/KKK members and the like, who follow that ideology, have been suckered into believing an ideology full of hatred and lies.

As far as the Brown eye, Blue eye experiment it was a good way of educating others about how being taught to hate someone based on a physical characteristic such as skin color, can cause major issues and contribute to promoting generational hatred and ignorance.
[Edited 8/27/20 21:09pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/28/20 3:34am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Diversity Training by Sadism


First published on August 28, 2015.

http://www.thepinkflaming...by-sadism/

Jane Elliott’s work is based on abusive techniques gleaned from a Leon Uris book about the Nazi persecution of the Jews in the Holocaust. To destroy the self-confidence of whites, showing them how evil they are, no matter if they aren’t a racist, she uses the same sadistic formula. Belittle, destroy, and break-down, turning self-confident people into non-people. They can be more easily manipulated. Then, she empowers others to basically abuse the formerly racist individuals she has broken. This truly disturbed and evil woman is destroying race relations in this country. She is cruel, vicious, and vindictive to the point where he own family will have nothing to do with her. She thinks if a person is white, they must be emotionally and psychologically shattered. That is what she does in her training sessions. She likes to turn whites into ‘almost-people‘.

“…For me the exercise wasn’t about black and white, it was about a whole lot more. It showed how you should live, he says. Even so, Kozak says he would never try Elliotts experiment in his school. The exercise gives students a sense of self-worth, but it does that by one day taking away other students confidence.

A similar criticism was leveled by Jay McGovern, 40, who teaches special education in Lees Summit, Missouri: You ought to build upon kids experiences and then you find ways to reflect on it. You dont berate people to try to make your point. If my daughter came home crying and said her teacher ridiculed her, I’d be angry. Thats not what schools for, no matter how important the teacher thinks the exercise is…”


A critic wrote:

“...If that had been done to me in ninth grade, little Miss Perfectionist that I was, I’d have gone home and killed myself.

“Teaching children about abuse should never include abusing them,” the mother wrote. “Committing a hate crime should not be the way we teach our youngsters about hate crimes.”



I’m inclined to give the school an institutional pass on this; the exercise was certainly no part of official policy, though the teacher did it in more than one class, and school administrators didn’t know about it until the mother complained. Principal Tony Fontana said it is school policy to inform parents and get their consent for anything controversial, and if he didn’t know before that this is controversial, he does now.

But the teacher, and the counselor who aided and abetted her, should have their heads examined.



https://www.theguardian.c...-elliott-4

'Part of the problem is that the blue-eyed group is exclusively white, while the brown-eyed group is predominantly non-white, so that eye colour is no longer an analogue or metaphor for race but a direct referent. The division is not random but instead largely racial. And in this age of racial awareness, it's not that easy to find white people who are willing to role-play on a basis that assumes they are racist.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-25-at-2.44.57-PM.png


"For one thing," she says, "the main thing, white people are rapidly losing their numerical majority in the United States of America. And so people of colour are going to be the people in positions in power in the future. White people are finally beginning to realise that. Some of them are scared to death."


There's a fierce, even admirable, relish in her words, but also the nagging suspicion that she's more excited by white fear than she is by black success.


https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2009/oct/18/racism-psychology-jane-elliott-4

[Edited 8/28/20 3:36am]

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/28/20 6:21am

2elijah

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:

Diversity Training by Sadism



First published on August 28, 2015.

http://www.thepinkflaming...by-sadism/


Jane Elliott’s work is based on abusive techniques gleaned from a Leon Uris book about the Nazi persecution of the Jews in the Holocaust. To destroy the self-confidence of whites, showing them how evil they are, no matter if they aren’t a racist, she uses the same sadistic formula. Belittle, destroy, and break-down, turning self-confident people into non-people. They can be more easily manipulated. Then, she empowers others to basically abuse the formerly racist individuals she has broken. This truly disturbed and evil woman is destroying race relations in this country. She is cruel, vicious, and vindictive to the point where he own family will have nothing to do with her. She thinks if a person is white, they must be emotionally and psychologically shattered. That is what she does in her training sessions. She likes to turn whites into ‘almost-people‘.



“…For me the exercise wasn’t about black and white, it was about a whole lot more. It showed how you should live, he says. Even so, Kozak says he would never try Elliotts experiment in his school. The exercise gives students a sense of self-worth, but it does that by one day taking away other students confidence.







A similar criticism was leveled by Jay McGovern, 40, who teaches special education in Lees Summit, Missouri: You ought to build upon kids experiences and then you find ways to reflect on it. You dont berate people to try to make your point. If my daughter came home crying and said her teacher ridiculed her, I’d be angry. Thats not what schools for, no matter how important the teacher thinks the exercise is…”







A critic wrote:



“...If that had been done to me in ninth grade, little Miss Perfectionist that I was, I’d have gone home and killed myself.


“Teaching children about abuse should never include abusing them,” the mother wrote. “Committing a hate crime should not be the way we teach our youngsters about hate crimes.”




I’m inclined to give the school an institutional pass on this; the exercise was certainly no part of official policy, though the teacher did it in more than one class, and school administrators didn’t know about it until the mother complained. Principal Tony Fontana said it is school policy to inform parents and get their consent for anything controversial, and if he didn’t know before that this is controversial, he does now.


But the teacher, and the counselor who aided and abetted her, should have their heads examined.





https://www.theguardian.c...-elliott-4

'Part of the problem is that the blue-eyed group is exclusively white, while the brown-eyed group is predominantly non-white, so that eye colour is no longer an analogue or metaphor for race but a direct referent. The division is not random but instead largely racial. And in this age of racial awareness, it's not that easy to find white people who are willing to role-play on a basis that assumes they are racist.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-25-at-2.44.57-PM.png



"For one thing," she says, "the main thing, white people are rapidly losing their numerical majority in the United States of America. And so people of colour are going to be the people in positions in power in the future. White people are finally beginning to realise that. Some of them are scared to death."



There's a fierce, even admirable, relish in her words, but also the nagging suspicion that she's more excited by white fear than she is by black success.



https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2009/oct/18/racism-psychology-jane-elliott-4

[Edited 8/28/20 3:36am]





I think it’s your fear that makes you uncomfortable about her truths of how white supremacy ideology, was/is the main ingredient that infected this country with racism. She is only stating what has been predicted since the 80s that the White majority population will decrease by 2045. It’s not about you taking it personal about her delivery, when she’s just telling the truth.

Like I said, she’s only stating a fact about the demographic shift that’s taking place in this country, and trying to educate Whites and other racial groups of the dangers of false white supremacy ideology.

As I mentioned, it’s been confirmed by the FBI of the increase of right-wing extremists groups in this country, who embrace that dangerous, false, racist ideology, who are America’s biggest domestic threat.

Let’s remember all the people suffered at the hands of racism, from being lynched, raped, beaten, tortured, bodies burned, castrated, chained, death, because of racist beliefs their abusers were taught, and made their victims suffer from it horribly.

Cheers to Jane Elliot for having the courage to tell the hard truths about how when racial prejudice/racism is taught, it can cause major destruction to so many peoples’ lives, and the destruction it can cause.

Many adults teach it to their children and they pass those stereotyped, racist views down from generation to generation. It is time for people to call out white supremacy ideology and all forms of racism for what is. Jane has done and is doing a great job on doing so.

Let’s stop sugarcoating and finding excuses to attack those who speak out against racism, just because the topic itself is too uncomfortable for the conscience of some who refuse to face the ugly truths of racism. The real heroes are those who don’t stay in silence about it.

Thanks for your input, even though I don’t agree with you, and have a great day. sun peace
[Edited 8/28/20 9:40am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/28/20 9:39am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

A couple of hours at a seminar is sadism? Blacks went through terrorism for 300 years.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/28/20 9:39am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

They waterboard soldiers so this aint bad.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/28/20 9:42am

2elijah

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

A couple of hours at a seminar is sadism? Blacks went through terrorism for 300 years.


Some people seem to prefer to diminish or deny, the horrors and other negative racism has caused to so many people. Yet some adults teach their kids to be racist, while Jane teaches them not to be.
[Edited 8/28/20 9:43am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/28/20 9:44am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Her record is crazy. All her butter white students are anti racist.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/28/20 10:31am

CherryMoon57

avatar

2elijah said:

CherryMoon57 said:

Diversity Training by Sadism


First published on August 28, 2015.

http://www.thepinkflaming...by-sadism/

Jane Elliott’s work is based on abusive techniques gleaned from a Leon Uris book about the Nazi persecution of the Jews in the Holocaust. To destroy the self-confidence of whites, showing them how evil they are, no matter if they aren’t a racist, she uses the same sadistic formula. Belittle, destroy, and break-down, turning self-confident people into non-people. They can be more easily manipulated. Then, she empowers others to basically abuse the formerly racist individuals she has broken. This truly disturbed and evil woman is destroying race relations in this country. She is cruel, vicious, and vindictive to the point where he own family will have nothing to do with her. She thinks if a person is white, they must be emotionally and psychologically shattered. That is what she does in her training sessions. She likes to turn whites into ‘almost-people‘.



https://www.theguardian.c...-elliott-4

'Part of the problem is that the blue-eyed group is exclusively white, while the brown-eyed group is predominantly non-white, so that eye colour is no longer an analogue or metaphor for race but a direct referent. The division is not random but instead largely racial. And in this age of racial awareness, it's not that easy to find white people who are willing to role-play on a basis that assumes they are racist.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-25-at-2.44.57-PM.png


"For one thing," she says, "the main thing, white people are rapidly losing their numerical majority in the United States of America. And so people of colour are going to be the people in positions in power in the future. White people are finally beginning to realise that. Some of them are scared to death."


There's a fierce, even admirable, relish in her words, but also the nagging suspicion that she's more excited by white fear than she is by black success.


https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2009/oct/18/racism-psychology-jane-elliott-4

[Edited 8/28/20 3:36am]

I think it’s your fear that makes you uncomfortable about her truths of how white supremacy ideology, was/is the main ingredient that infected this country with racism. She is only stating what has been predicted since the 80s that the White majority population will decrease by 2045. It’s not about you taking it personal about her delivery, when she’s just telling the truth. Like I said, she’s only stating a fact about the demographic shift that’s taking place in this country, and trying to educate Whites and other racial groups of the dangers of false white supremacy ideology. As I mentioned, it’s been confirmed by the FBI of the increase of right-wing extremists groups in this country, who embrace that dangerous, false, racist ideology, who are America’s biggest domestic threat. Let’s remember all the people suffered at the hands of racism, from being lynched, raped, beaten, tortured, bodies burned, castrated, chained, death, because of racist beliefs their abusers were taught, and made their victims suffer from it horribly. Cheers to Jane Elliot for having the courage to tell the hard truths about how when racial prejudice/racism is taught, it can cause major destruction to so many peoples’ lives, and the destruction it can cause. Many adults teach it to their children and they pass those stereotyped, racist views down from generation to generation. It is time for people to call out white supremacy ideology and all forms of racism for what is. Jane has done and is doing a great job on doing so. Let’s stop sugarcoating and finding excuses to attack those who speak out against racism, just because the topic itself is too uncomfortable for the conscience of some who refuse to face the ugly truths of racism. The real heroes are those who don’t stay in silence about it. Thanks for your input, even though I don’t agree with you, and have a great day. sun peace [Edited 8/28/20 9:40am]


So you agree that because people have been racist and treated African Americans in a horrible way in the past, that justifies bullying young innocent children who have nothing to do with those offences... for the sake of teaching them a 'lesson'?

I am sorry Elijah, but if you think this is cool, you probably don't belong to the 21st century.

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/28/20 10:35am

CherryMoon57

avatar

Using your authority as a teacher to unscrupulously manipulate children is not a courageous act.

It is an abuse of power.

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/28/20 10:41am

CherryMoon57

avatar


Does this below sound familiar to anyone? (---------> Nick Cannon has been fired...-anti Semetism, the Black Hebrews and Moorish Science https://prince.org/msg/10...&pg=4)


'At first, there was resistance among the students in the minority group to the idea that brown-eyed children were better than blue-eyed children. To counter this, Elliott lied to the children by stating that melanin was linked to their higher intelligence and learning ability. Shortly thereafter, this initial resistance fell away. Those who were deemed "superior" became arrogant, bossy, and otherwise unpleasant to their "inferior" classmates. Their grades on simple tests were better, and they completed mathematical and reading tasks that had seemed outside their ability before. The "inferior" classmates also transformed – into timid and subservient children who scored more poorly on tests, and even during recess isolated themselves, including those who had previously been dominant in the class. These children's academic performance suffered, even with tasks that had been simple before.[10]'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Elliott


[Edited 8/28/20 10:46am]

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/28/20 11:22am

2elijah

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:


Does this below sound familiar to anyone? (-----> Nick Cannon has been fired...-anti Semetism, the Black Hebrews and Moorish Science https://prince.org/msg/10...&pg=4)


'At first, there was resistance among the students in the minority group to the idea that brown-eyed children were better than blue-eyed children. To counter this, Elliott lied to the children by stating that melanin was linked to their higher intelligence and learning ability. Shortly thereafter, this initial resistance fell away. Those who were deemed "superior" became arrogant, bossy, and otherwise unpleasant to their "inferior" classmates. Their grades on simple tests were better, and they completed mathematical and reading tasks that had seemed outside their ability before. The "inferior" classmates also transformed – into timid and subservient children who scored more poorly on tests, and even during recess isolated themselves, including those who had previously been dominant in the class. These children's academic performance suffered, even with tasks that had been simple before.[b][10]'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Elliott


[Edited 8/28/20 10:46am]


Kind of like the same line the same arrogant, exact attitude trump and his cronies right wing cronies have.

(@ blue Bolded part) The experiment was successful as it proved how white supremacy ideology was able to be promoted, as a false sense of superiority. Jane using eye color as a different characteristic than skin color, and as an example, proved how that ideology successfully brainwashed many Whites for generations, that they are a superior race vs non-Whites. when in fact they’re not.

You missed the whole purpose of the experiment, because you choose to accept that it didn’t work, when in fact it did.

Keep trying though, because you’ll never be able to deny how successful that false, racist ideology was able to influence many generations of many Whites that they are superior, based on a false, racist ideology that many of them accept as ‘truth.’ And that racist ideology was born out of the White community. Jane just happened to discover early the damage it’s done, to not only her racial group, but many others. Bless her heart for that awareness.

All one has to do is look at the years of racist organizations affiliated with that racist ideology, who salute it, sleep it, breathe it, eat it and terrorize and killed/kill for it. It’s all in American history, even today with the high increase of those right-wing extremists, who support that ideology as their bible written in gold, in which an FBI official, publicly stated, they are the biggest, domestic terrorist threat to America.

I know it’s hard for you to accept what Jane exposes, and what the FBI official confirmed, but it’s the truth. Thanks for your input. sun
[b][Edited 8/30/20 5:07am]

Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/28/20 11:25am

2elijah

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:

Using your authority as a teacher to unscrupulously manipulate children is not a courageous act.

It is an abuse of power.


Really? How do you think those little enslaved Black African female children felt when they were raped and beatened by adult, white slaveowners? Let’s go there and tell me how manipulative that was.


Was that not an abuse of power because, quite frankly, racism was the reason many of them were able to get away with that crime against little Black girls.

So yes, Jane was right to educate children about what it’s like to be mistreated because of race, because many children face that kind of racism from society in present day, and from some teachers who treat them unfairly, because of their racial identity.

Remember, children are taught racism at a young age from home/ their environment they’re not born racist. So what Jane did to teach them about the negative effects of racism, was not wrong. I find that those who have an issue with that experiment just don’t like that Jane tells the truth about racism and the destruction it causes on many people.
[Edited 8/28/20 11:55am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/28/20 11:32am

2elijah

avatar

CherryMoon57 said:



2elijah said:


CherryMoon57 said:

Diversity Training by Sadism



First published on August 28, 2015.

http://www.thepinkflaming...by-sadism/


Jane Elliott’s work is based on abusive techniques gleaned from a Leon Uris book about the Nazi persecution of the Jews in the Holocaust. To destroy the self-confidence of whites, showing them how evil they are, no matter if they aren’t a racist, she uses the same sadistic formula. Belittle, destroy, and break-down, turning self-confident people into non-people. They can be more easily manipulated. Then, she empowers others to basically abuse the formerly racist individuals she has broken. This truly disturbed and evil woman is destroying race relations in this country. She is cruel, vicious, and vindictive to the point where he own family will have nothing to do with her. She thinks if a person is white, they must be emotionally and psychologically shattered. That is what she does in her training sessions. She likes to turn whites into ‘almost-people‘.




https://www.theguardian.c...-elliott-4

'Part of the problem is that the blue-eyed group is exclusively white, while the brown-eyed group is predominantly non-white, so that eye colour is no longer an analogue or metaphor for race but a direct referent. The division is not random but instead largely racial. And in this age of racial awareness, it's not that easy to find white people who are willing to role-play on a basis that assumes they are racist.

Screen-Shot-2015-08-25-at-2.44.57-PM.png



"For one thing," she says, "the main thing, white people are rapidly losing their numerical majority in the United States of America. And so people of colour are going to be the people in positions in power in the future. White people are finally beginning to realise that. Some of them are scared to death."



There's a fierce, even admirable, relish in her words, but also the nagging suspicion that she's more excited by white fear than she is by black success.



https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2009/oct/18/racism-psychology-jane-elliott-4


[Edited 8/28/20 3:36am]



I think it’s your fear that makes you uncomfortable about her truths of how white supremacy ideology, was/is the main ingredient that infected this country with racism. She is only stating what has been predicted since the 80s that the White majority population will decrease by 2045. It’s not about you taking it personal about her delivery, when she’s just telling the truth. Like I said, she’s only stating a fact about the demographic shift that’s taking place in this country, and trying to educate Whites and other racial groups of the dangers of false white supremacy ideology. As I mentioned, it’s been confirmed by the FBI of the increase of right-wing extremists groups in this country, who embrace that dangerous, false, racist ideology, who are America’s biggest domestic threat. Let’s remember all the people suffered at the hands of racism, from being lynched, raped, beaten, tortured, bodies burned, castrated, chained, death, because of racist beliefs their abusers were taught, and made their victims suffer from it horribly. Cheers to Jane Elliot for having the courage to tell the hard truths about how when racial prejudice/racism is taught, it can cause major destruction to so many peoples’ lives, and the destruction it can cause. Many adults teach it to their children and they pass those stereotyped, racist views down from generation to generation. It is time for people to call out white supremacy ideology and all forms of racism for what is. Jane has done and is doing a great job on doing so. Let’s stop sugarcoating and finding excuses to attack those who speak out against racism, just because the topic itself is too uncomfortable for the conscience of some who refuse to face the ugly truths of racism. The real heroes are those who don’t stay in silence about it. Thanks for your input, even though I don’t agree with you, and have a great day. sun peace [Edited 8/28/20 9:40am]


So you agree that because people have been racist and treated African Americans in a horrible way in the past, that justifies bullying young innocent children who have nothing to do with those offences... for the sake of teaching them a 'lesson'?

I am sorry Elijah, but if you think this is cool, you probably don't belong to the 21st century.



Please don’t apologize to me for something you meant to say. Let me respond to your question with a question:

Do you think it’s fair that post-slavery or racial discrimination laws, segregation and Jim Crow laws was fair to be used against Black Americans were supposedly ‘free’ post-slavery?

You think it’s fair in present day, that many Blacks are racially profiled because of some racists‘ hangups and self-imposed fears about skin color? Where do you think that continued, stereotyped racist beliefs stem from? ANSWER: The past.

Oh but... welcome to the 21st Century.
[Edited 8/30/20 5:10am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/28/20 1:01pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

2elijah said:

CherryMoon57 said:


So you agree that because people have been racist and treated African Americans in a horrible way in the past, that justifies bullying young innocent children who have nothing to do with those offences... for the sake of teaching them a 'lesson'?

I am sorry Elijah, but if you think this is cool, you probably don't belong to the 21st century.

Please don’t apologize to me for something you meant to say. Let me respond to your question with a question: Do you think it’s fair that post-slavery or racial discrimination laws, segregation and Jim Crow laws was fair to be used against Black Americans were supposedly ‘free’? You think it’s fair in present day, that many Blacks are racially profiled because of some racists‘ hangups and self-imposed fears about skin color? Where do you think that continued racist belief stemmed from? ANSWER: The past. Oh but... welcome to the 21st Century. [Edited 8/28/20 12:07pm]


Of course I don't think it is fair.

But how does that justify a sadistic psychological manipulation of innocent children continuing over hours and days without anyone being informed about it until the damage has already been done?

Now is your turn to answer.

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/28/20 1:28pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

A couple of hours at a seminar is sadism? Blacks went through terrorism for 300 years.


Not just a couple of hours. The original 'experiment' went on for many days, years even, as it was repeated in many schools for many decades. Jane even had her own show, a german film, seminars, workshops, etc... It was a 'business' for her and she certainly became very rich in the process, charging around $6,000 for a day's 'work'.

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/28/20 1:35pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

'Elliott’s exercises originally began, literally, as child abuse. They have evolved to reducing adults to the level of abused children—fearful, whimpering and apologetic for nonexistent offenses. Far from combating white resentment of nonwhites, such “training” actually creates it. School multicultural programs, Thomas Sowell observes, have produced “mounting evidence of increasing (italics author’s) animosities among students of different backgrounds.” That is also true of similar training in the adult world. In Great Britain, where Elliott is virtually lionized by multiculturalists, a former government diversity specialist with second thoughts explained the effects of diversity training:

You cannot over-estimate the damage to race relations that “diversity awareness” training is causing in this country. It’s having the opposite effect to that intended, causing divisions, resentment, and an increase in judgments based on race, where previously such things were actually quite rare. How do I know this? I was involved in putting together a diversity “toolkit” for a government department, and saw firsthand the effect it had as it was rammed down the throats of staff.'

https://nlpc.org/wp-conte...div_sr.pdf

Life Matters
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Jane Elliott: There is no white supremacy.