independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > George Floyd - Part 2 Discussion
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 16 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 06/13/20 4:32pm

PennyPurple

avatar

cborgman said:

update: the atlanta police chief has resigned.

Good.....more need to follow.

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 06/13/20 5:02pm

CherryMoon57

avatar

[Stay on topic snip - luv4u]

Life Matters
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 06/13/20 5:07pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

cborgman said:

another one last night...


(CNN) An Atlanta police officer shot and killed a man at a Wendy's drive-thru Friday night after he resisted arrest and struggled for an officer's Taser, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

The GBI identified the slain man as Rayshard Brooks, 27, of Atlanta, who was African American.

Friday, officers responded to a call at 10:33 p.m. about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the drive-thru, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.

Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said.

An officer drew his Taser and, witnesses said, the man grabbed it, the statement said. An officer then shot him.

Brooks was taken to a hospital, where he died, the statement said.
CNN affiliate WSB reports this is the 48th police shooting the GBI has investigated in 2020.

Unless there is a whole lot more to this story, if he grabbed the taser that goes a long LONG way to justifying an increased use of force. that is a very serious offence and very dangerous. The question to ask is was using the taser justified?

And anyone that did that to a cop would likely get shot...and it would very likely be justified.

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 06/13/20 5:16pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

2elijah said:

poppys said:

^^ To EVERYTHING above. OH GOD, too much.

[Edited 6/13/20 12:05pm]


Long history of these killings by rogue or racist cops in NYC. Their police union chief is a racist to the core. This is why I’m glad these protests put pressure on police departments, to make changes. Get the togud and racist cops out the door. I’m glad Governor Cuomo signed an executive order for police depts in the state to do reform changes by 4/1/21 or they will lose funding.


New York was never the “bastion of liberalism “ that some, especially those who have never been here, assume it is. We’ve had numerous racial conflicts and incidents here over the years, some involving cops and some involving self-appointed vigilantes.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 06/13/20 5:26pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

13cjk13 said:



cborgman said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:



Was that in Mike's city? what was it said about that?


"Ninety-five percent of your murders — murderers and murder victims — fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city...We put all the cops in minority neighborhoods... yes. That’s true. Why do we do it? Because that’s where all the crime is. And the way you get the guns out of the kids’ hands is to throw them up against the walls and frisk them.”

Apples and tress in the big apple...



rolleyes It was in LA. Also “mike” hasnt been the mayor for almost 7 years now. You just never get tired of trolling or thread-wrecking, do you? . [Edited 6/13/20 14:01pm]

Sadly, it appears to be all he has.



True... when you can’t debate rationally, just throw out some nonsensical bullshit in an attempt to distract people. The right teaches their lemmings from the same playbook
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 06/13/20 5:31pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

13cjk13 said:

Sadly, it appears to be all he has.

True... when you can’t debate rationally, just throw out some nonsensical bullshit in an attempt to distract people. The right teaches their lemmings from the same playbook

Mpls, Atlanta, Seatalle, L.A., NYC all have something in common... run by Democrats... and YET some want to blame Trump?

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 06/13/20 5:34pm

cborgman

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

13cjk13 said:

Sadly, it appears to be all he has.

True... when you can’t debate rationally, just throw out some nonsensical bullshit in an attempt to distract people. The right teaches their lemmings from the same playbook

yep.

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 06/13/20 6:08pm

2elijah

avatar

jjhunsecker said:

13cjk13 said:



cborgman said:


OnlyNDaUsa said:



Was that in Mike's city? what was it said about that?


"Ninety-five percent of your murders — murderers and murder victims — fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city...We put all the cops in minority neighborhoods... yes. That’s true. Why do we do it? Because that’s where all the crime is. And the way you get the guns out of the kids’ hands is to throw them up against the walls and frisk them.”

Apples and tress in the big apple...



rolleyes It was in LA. Also “mike” hasnt been the mayor for almost 7 years now. You just never get tired of trolling or thread-wrecking, do you? . [Edited 6/13/20 14:01pm]

Sadly, it appears to be all he has.



True... when you can’t debate rationally, just throw out some nonsensical bullshit in an attempt to distract people. The right teaches their lemmings from the same playbook

The playbook of the FOX nuts. They don’t want to admit that many of them are the problem in America. Nobody buys their twisted bs but their delusional sheep.
[Edited 6/13/20 18:09pm]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 06/13/20 6:56pm

2elijah

avatar

cborgman said:



cborgman said:


another one last night...




(CNN) An Atlanta police officer shot and killed a man at a Wendy's drive-thru Friday night after he resisted arrest and struggled for an officer's Taser, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.



The GBI identified the slain man as Rayshard Brooks, 27, of Atlanta, who was African American.



Friday, officers responded to a call at 10:33 p.m. about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the drive-thru, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.


Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said.


An officer drew his Taser and, witnesses said, the man grabbed it, the statement said. An officer then shot him.


Brooks was taken to a hospital, where he died, the statement said.

CNN affiliate WSB reports this is the 48th police shooting the GBI has investigated in 2020.



update: the atlanta police chief has resigned.


This shooting is being compared to Walter Scott’s murder. I’m hearing the victim was shot in the back,
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 06/13/20 7:05pm

13cjk13

avatar

2elijah said:

cborgman said:

update: the atlanta police chief has resigned.

This shooting is being compared to Walter Scott’s murder. I’m hearing the victim was shot in the back,

Some think that if you're in possession of a fake 20 dollar bill, you deserve getting shot in the back.

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH.Mocha ObsidianˈN(y)o͞obēən Cocoa Noir...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 06/13/20 7:07pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

2elijah said:

cborgman said:

update: the atlanta police chief has resigned.

This shooting is being compared to Walter Scott’s murder. I’m hearing the victim was shot in the back,

yeah I thought of that too... that case Scott ran away (for NO Reason other than he did not want to get into trouble) then there was a scuffle the taser was used it failed and Scott ran away again... the cop shot him in the back and then Moved the Taser closer to Scott...



Now this case is being presented as the man was placed under arrest for DWI and resisted and things got physical and the cop tried to use the taser and the man grabbed it... if that was when he was shot and he was shot by the cop whos taser it was... justified. It said nowhere that the man ran or was running away when shot. I am sure there is more video that we want to see...

but to just make up the comparison because what? A taser was involved?

can we at least agree that if the man was shot as he was trying to take a taser from the cop who shot him that it was likely justified?

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 06/13/20 7:07pm

IanRG

OnlyNDaUsa said:

jjhunsecker said:

13cjk13 said: True... when you can’t debate rationally, just throw out some nonsensical bullshit in an attempt to distract people. The right teaches their lemmings from the same playbook

Mpls, Atlanta, Seatalle, L.A., NYC all have something in common... run by Democrats... and YET some want to blame Trump?

.

As I have said before: This issue is not left vs right, except you keep on seeking to make it so. The issue here is the police.

.

Trump has made things worse as only trump can with his tweats, threats. politicising, dishonesty and stunts. In his encouragement of violence and threats to send in the military and near total lack of recognition of the problem (He said something yesterday - far too late and far too little), he has brought the blame on himself in his need to appeal to his largely white supremacist base. He is hoping for a Nixon anti-civil rights boost 1968 style - except it is not 1968 and trump makes Nixon look good.

.

As the mayors - only 26% of mayors in the big cities are republican. This is a reflection of the split between country vs city in US politics, not some imagined difference between police violence based on the politics of the Mayors.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 06/13/20 7:09pm

cborgman

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:


can we at least agree that if the man was shot as he was trying to take a taser from the cop who shot him that it was likely justified?

no. why would anyone agree to that?

you are victim-blaming YET AGAIN.

every time someone is killed, you victim blame them.
every. damn. TIME.


NO. KILLING A DRUNK MAN FOR TOUCHING A TASER ISNT JUSTIFIED.
NOR IS KILLING SOMEONE FOR STEALING A GOD DAMN FLAG.


.

[Edited 6/13/20 19:15pm]

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 06/13/20 7:22pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

13cjk13 said:

2elijah said:

cborgman said: This shooting is being compared to Walter Scott’s murder. I’m hearing the victim was shot in the back,

Some think that if you're in possession of a fake 20 dollar bill, you deserve getting shot in the back.

no one said anything at all like that... I said, and YOU AGREE so do not lie... (as dose everyone here), that passing or or trying to pass counterfeit money is justification for the police to stop and ask questions.

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 06/13/20 7:24pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

cborgman said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:


can we at least agree that if the man was shot as he was trying to take a taser from the cop who shot him that it was likely justified?

no. why would anyone agree to that?

you are victim-blaming YET AGAIN.

every time someone is killed, you victim blame them.
every. damn. TIME.


NO. KILLING A DRUNK MAN FOR TOUCHING A TASER ISNT JUSTIFIED.
NOR IS KILLING SOMEONE FOR STEALING A GOD DAMN FLAG.


.

[Edited 6/13/20 19:15pm]


Did you even read the question? you sure did not answer the one I asked....

touching? did he just touch it? the report said he was grabbing it...

so when is deadly force justifed?

do they have to be in the house?




[Edited 6/13/20 19:25pm]

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 06/13/20 7:26pm

cborgman

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:


do they have to be in the house?

ugh. i cant even.

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 06/13/20 7:27pm

cborgman

avatar

thanks for thread wrecking the george floyd thread, only. absolutely no one apreciates it.

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 06/13/20 9:04pm

PennyPurple

avatar

And now Wendy's is on fire. Why set Wendy's on fire?


Also, they are saying the the cops went around and picked up the shell casings.


They officer has now been fired.


And now in KC the police shot dead another person, for a car-jacking.

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 06/13/20 10:54pm

maplenpg

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

2elijah said:

cborgman said: This shooting is being compared to Walter Scott’s murder. I’m hearing the victim was shot in the back,

yeah I thought of that too... that case Scott ran away (for NO Reason other than he did not want to get into trouble) then there was a scuffle the taser was used it failed and Scott ran away again... the cop shot him in the back and then Moved the Taser closer to Scott...



Now this case is being presented as the man was placed under arrest for DWI and resisted and things got physical and the cop tried to use the taser and the man grabbed it... if that was when he was shot and he was shot by the cop whos taser it was... justified. It said nowhere that the man ran or was running away when shot. I am sure there is more video that we want to see...

but to just make up the comparison because what? A taser was involved?

can we at least agree that if the man was shot as he was trying to take a taser from the cop who shot him that it was likely justified?

Only - to the bold - I am the other side of the world. It is not even 7am, and I've read precisely ONE news article on this so far. I quote:


He grabs an officer's Taser and breaks free from the officers, running away.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/new...a-53037953

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 06/13/20 11:54pm

maplenpg

avatar

Love this image from London yesterday:



The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 06/14/20 12:01am

maplenpg

avatar

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 06/14/20 12:08am

poppys

2elijah said:

jjhunsecker said:

True... when you can’t debate rationally, just throw out some nonsensical bullshit in an attempt to distract people. The right teaches their lemmings from the same playbook


The playbook of the FOX nuts. They don’t want to admit that many of them are the problem in America. Nobody buys their twisted bs but their delusional sheep.

The line about all the trouble being in Democrat cities was parroted to me by my neighbor recently. Straight outta Conservative Talk Radio. I even posted about it here.

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 06/14/20 12:10am

poppys

onlyforaminute said:

https://www.dw.com/en/afr...a-53793065 LIVE TV TOP STORIES African nations call for racism debate at UN Human Rights Council 18 hours ago A letter signed by all 54 African nations requested the UN Human Rights Council to urgently debate racism and police violence as protests over George Floyd's death grow around the world. African countries on Friday called on the United Nation Human Rights Council to urgently debate racism and police impunity, amid growing protests over George Floyd's death in the United States and other parts of the world. Burkina Faso's ambassador to the UN in Geneva wrote the letter on behalf of the 54 African countries, asking the UN's top human rights body for an "urgent debate" on "racially inspired human rights violations, police brutality against people of African descent and the violence against the peaceful protests that call for these injustices to stop." Council President Elisabeth Tichy-Fisslberger is expected to announce a proposed day for the debate on Monday. Unless there are any objections, the debate is likely to go ahead.

This is a great thing.

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 06/14/20 1:23am

2elijah

avatar

13cjk13 said:



2elijah said:


cborgman said:


update: the atlanta police chief has resigned.



This shooting is being compared to Walter Scott’s murder. I’m hearing the victim was shot in the back,

Some think that if you're in possession of a fake 20 dollar bill, you deserve getting shot in the back.


I don’t respond to that individual, but that comment from said individual doesn’t surprise me.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 06/14/20 1:24am

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:



2elijah said:


jjhunsecker said:

True... when you can’t debate rationally, just throw out some nonsensical bullshit in an attempt to distract people. The right teaches their lemmings from the same playbook



The playbook of the FOX nuts. They don’t want to admit that many of them are the problem in America. Nobody buys their twisted bs but their delusional sheep.


The line about all the trouble being in Democrat cities was parroted to me by my neighbor recently. Straight outta Conservative Talk Radio. I even posted about it here.


Well you know, they never admit they do anything wrong, but critical of others. Lol.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 06/14/20 1:30am

2elijah

avatar

https://www.cnn.com/us/li...-06-14-20/

16 min ago
Atlanta Police release names and photos of officers involved in fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks

“The Atlanta Police Department has released the names and pictures of the officers involved in the fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks.

“Officer Bronsan has been placed on administrative duty and Officer Rolfe[
has been terminated,”
the Atlanta Police Department said in a press release.

Devin Bronsan was hired on September 20, 2018, while Garrett Rolfe was hired on October 24, 2013, according to the release.”
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 06/14/20 6:04am

poppys

2elijah said:

https://www.cnn.com/us/li...-06-14-20/ 16 min ago Atlanta Police release names and photos of officers involved in fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks “The Atlanta Police Department has released the names and pictures of the officers involved in the fatal shooting of Rayshard Brooks. “Officer Bronsan has been placed on administrative duty and Officer Rolfe[ has been terminated,” the Atlanta Police Department said in a press release. Devin Bronsan was hired on September 20, 2018, while Garrett Rolfe was hired on October 24, 2013, according to the release.”

Something is rotten in Atlanta, hope they replace the police chief with someone better. You would think that with all the protests, the police would be trying to tamp down the violence instead of escalating and/or business as usual.

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 06/14/20 6:47am

PennyPurple

avatar

poppys said:

Something is rotten in Atlanta, hope they replace the police chief with someone better. You would think that with all the protests, the police would be trying to tamp down the violence instead of escalating and/or business as usual.

You would think, but that is not happening. I can't tell if it's getting worse, or if it is just being reported more now.?


My hubby told me last night that I am so angry at ALL cops. I told him, ya damn right, and every day it gets worse. It gets worse because they aren't listening or watching, or just don't give a damn.

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 06/14/20 7:19am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

maplenpg said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

yeah I thought of that too... that case Scott ran away (for NO Reason other than he did not want to get into trouble) then there was a scuffle the taser was used it failed and Scott ran away again... the cop shot him in the back and then Moved the Taser closer to Scott...



Now this case is being presented as the man was placed under arrest for DWI and resisted and things got physical and the cop tried to use the taser and the man grabbed it... if that was when he was shot and he was shot by the cop whos taser it was... justified. It said nowhere that the man ran or was running away when shot. I am sure there is more video that we want to see...

but to just make up the comparison because what? A taser was involved?

can we at least agree that if the man was shot as he was trying to take a taser from the cop who shot him that it was likely justified?

Only - to the bold - I am the other side of the world. It is not even 7am, and I've read precisely ONE news article on this so far. I quote:


He grabs an officer's Taser and breaks free from the officers, running away.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/new...a-53037953

ok? if he was running away and did not have the taser then we agree... as I said unless there is more to this..


so he had the taser on him... he was armed with a dangerous weapon that could be used to disable a cop allowing him to take their gun... but still he was running away and I agree it sounds like the shooting was unjustified... as I have said in nearly every single case we've discussed here.

In this case as in others they could have waited given him some space they knew who he was just was... he may not even be able to operate the device... But It IS a weapon... make no mistake...he was armed... but I agree it seems like a bad shooting...

[Edited 6/14/20 7:27am]

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 06/14/20 7:58am

cborgman

avatar

PennyPurple said:

poppys said:

Something is rotten in Atlanta, hope they replace the police chief with someone better. You would think that with all the protests, the police would be trying to tamp down the violence instead of escalating and/or business as usual.

You would think, but that is not happening. I can't tell if it's getting worse, or if it is just being reported more now.?


My hubby told me last night that I am so angry at ALL cops. I told him, ya damn right, and every day it gets worse. It gets worse because they aren't listening or watching, or just don't give a damn.

i read an article last night in the washington post that was saying this is just an average amount of cop murders. so its that theyre now being filmed and reported more

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 16 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > George Floyd - Part 2 Discussion