independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > George Floyd - Part 2 Discussion
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 16 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 06/12/20 6:02pm

poppys

George Floyd's thread is too important to become troll fodder. Ignore.

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 06/12/20 6:07pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

poppys said:

George Floyd's thread is too important to become troll fodder. Ignore.

the terrorist occupation of an American City is a direct response to the protests that followed Floyd's death. It is on topic. it is telling that I had to bring it up. More that some defend it... but as I said it is a state/locak issue. trump should take no action unless the Governor, at least for now.

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 06/12/20 6:17pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

poppys said:

George Floyd's thread is too important to become troll fodder. Ignore.




:nod:
“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 06/12/20 7:13pm

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

poppys said:

George Floyd's thread is too important to become troll fodder. Ignore.




:nod:

Absolutely.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 06/12/20 7:19pm

cborgman

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

cborgman said:

just think: had you bothered to look it up before posting, you could have avoided side-tracking the thread with absolutely fake info.

but obviously, youre doing it intentionally. as usual. pathetic, but not surprising.

stop wasting peoples time and ruining peoples threads with deliberate thread-wrecking nonsense.

.

[Edited 6/12/20 17:55pm]

except it supports what I said... the fact that the mayor caved in is grounds for his arrest and being removed by whatever means the state has in place... what Part do you claim is "fake"?


"So it this real? have domestic terrorist taken over Seattle and declared a 7 block area autonomous zone?"

FALSE. they are not "domestic terrorists." they have been VERY peaceful. calling them "domestic terrorists" is not only false, its also regurgitating trump & fox speak.


"So I did see a clip from a far right youtuber that said (and there are news reports to support it) that a man has taken over an area of Seattle and deemed it the People's Republic of Capital Hill?
That some terrorist called Raz Simone has taken over BY FORCE with an heavily armed band of supporters...."

FALSE. he is one of the people, NOT the only.
FALSE. he is NOT a terrorist. nor are they.
FALSE. they have NOT "taken over BY FORCE"

and why are you suddenly against guns when black people have them? washington is an open carry state. you are very much in support of open carry, youve talked about it a million times. now youre suddenly against it when its black people and they become "domestic terrorists"?

stop thread-wrecking with fake racist bullshit and side-tracking. if you want to talk about the autonomous zone, then go start a seperate thread about it.


.

[Edited 6/12/20 23:21pm]

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 06/12/20 7:20pm

cborgman

avatar

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:
nod
Absolutely.

lets all report it, shall we? its obvious trolling, which is against the org rules.

report, let the mods deal with it and him, and ignore.


.

[Edited 6/12/20 19:38pm]

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 06/13/20 6:03am

maplenpg

avatar

Over in the UK, the official BLM protest has been cancelled as the far right congregate in the name of 'protecting statues' (which had already been protected by boarding). Looks like they just want a mass brawl (as if we didn't already know that). The video in the link shows just how well behaved they are rolleyes


https://twitter.com/WillBlackWriter/status/1271782852544339970

edit to add another one - fucking dickheads rolleyes


https://twitter.com/Georg...2742132736

[Edited 6/13/20 6:08am]

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 06/13/20 6:53am

2elijah

avatar

maplenpg said:

Over in the UK, the official BLM protest has been cancelled as the far right congregate in the name of 'protecting statues' (which had already been protected by boarding). Looks like they just want a mass brawl (as if we didn't already know that). The video in the link shows just how well behaved they are rolleyes


https://twitter.com/WillBlackWriter/status/1271782852544339970

edit to add another one - fucking dickheads rolleyes


https://twitter.com/Georg...2742132736

[Edited 6/13/20 6:08am]


Could they be some of Trump’s relatives? In all seriousness, these are the types of idiots that love racism, because they need it to convince themselves they’re important and above all others.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 06/13/20 9:21am

maplenpg

avatar

2elijah said:

maplenpg said:

Over in the UK, the official BLM protest has been cancelled as the far right congregate in the name of 'protecting statues' (which had already been protected by boarding). Looks like they just want a mass brawl (as if we didn't already know that). The video in the link shows just how well behaved they are rolleyes


https://twitter.com/WillBlackWriter/status/1271782852544339970

edit to add another one - fucking dickheads rolleyes


https://twitter.com/Georg...2742132736

[Edited 6/13/20 6:08am]

Could they be some of Trump’s relatives? In all seriousness, these are the types of idiots that love racism, because they need it to convince themselves they’re important and above all others.

Yup. What exactly are they protesting? Apart from their right to own their own racism, which was/is on display for the world to see.


In other news, for the first time I called someone out today who I like very much, who was saying things I very much disagreed with about England and colonialism. It got quite heated and I have no desire to have a huge fallout with this person so I ended it with, "We'll just have to agree to disagree". I'm frankly disappointed that I wasn't more elequant in my argument, but some of her viewpoints surprised me. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to the fact that if I'm going to start calling stuff out that I might have let fly previously, that I'm going to have to lose friends in the process sad

[Edited 6/13/20 9:33am]

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 06/13/20 10:01am

mltijchr

avatar

maplenpg said

Yup. What exactly are they protesting? Apart from their right to own their own racism, which was/is on display for the world to see.


In other news, for the first time I called someone out today who I like very much, who was saying things I very much disagreed with about England and colonialism. It got quite heated and I have no desire to have a huge fallout with this person so I ended it with, "We'll just have to agree to disagree". I'm frankly disappointed that I wasn't more elequant in my argument, but some of her viewpoints surprised me. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to the fact that if I'm going to start calling stuff out that I might have let fly previously, that I'm going to have to lose friends in the process sad

[Edited 6/13/20 9:33am]

.

Maplenpg I applaud you for having the concious & the courage to speak out on the prejudice being displayed by people you know - be they family, friends, colleagues, whomever.

.

just last night I was speaking with a long-time friend of mine who is a caucasian woman. her 2 sons are ethincally mixed, & she was saying how she too has been having these "difference of opinion" discussions about discrimination & prejudice in the usa. in her case, it's been with family members - 1 of her sisters, in particular.

.

it's difficult when those we know who are so.. indoctrinated (for lack of a better word at this moment) by caucasian supremacy that they deny &/or refuse to see its impact ; to the point that they will argue with you &/or be defensive because they don't understand the reality of today's situation & the history of systemic discrimination & prejudice that has brought us to this point.

.

another long-time friend of mine - an Italian woman in northern Italia - (also) just last night was saying to me she thought it was wrong for people here in the states to be knocking down statues honoring confederate leaders. she also compared it to what happened in the recent past in the middle east (I forget which specific country she referenced)..

I responded to her that it did not bother me at all that these statues were being knocked down & removed, becasuse I know very well what those statues represent - people who believed they were right to enslave & de-humanize other humans for their own financial benefit. I was born & raised in Richmond VA - the former capital of the confederacy - so I know that history well. sometimes I would even tell people - with some hint of sarcasm - that I am from the capital of the confederacy.. simply to see their response (typically the response woud be 1 of bewilderment or surprise, like.. "why are you (as a man of color) saying that? ? ?"

.

lastly, Maplenpg, I invite you to read this article

.

https://www.awesomelyluvv...iends.html

.

which basically confirms what you already seem to know. the struggle with this systemic discrimination & prejudice has been going on for several hundred years, & caucasian people who actually have a conscious are starting to not just come out of their slumber (born of their privilege) but many are also starting to act. I need to check my "friends" count on fb. with all the current events & pro-"people of color do matter" posts I've been doing, I'm sure that at least a few of them have unfriended me. oh well. right is right & wrong is wrong.

.

there is absolutely no ambiguity in the struggle for human rights for ALL humans, including & especially for people of color.

.

either each of of us - any of us - is actively working to dismantle systemic discrimination & prejudice & oppression..

.

or we are letting this systemic discrimination continue by being apathetic, silent, indignant, dismissive &/or by trying to justify or explain away all this nonsense.

.

Maplenpg. I applaud you. keep fighting the good fight as much as you can & for as long as you can. it will not be easy.

.

I will continue to do the same.

I'll see you tonight..
in ALL MY DREAMS..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 06/13/20 10:25am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

mltijchr said:

maplenpg said

Yup. What exactly are they protesting? Apart from their right to own their own racism, which was/is on display for the world to see.


In other news, for the first time I called someone out today who I like very much, who was saying things I very much disagreed with about England and colonialism. It got quite heated and I have no desire to have a huge fallout with this person so I ended it with, "We'll just have to agree to disagree". I'm frankly disappointed that I wasn't more elequant in my argument, but some of her viewpoints surprised me. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to the fact that if I'm going to start calling stuff out that I might have let fly previously, that I'm going to have to lose friends in the process sad

[Edited 6/13/20 9:33am]

.

Maplenpg I applaud you for having the concious & the courage to speak out on the prejudice being displayed by people you know - be they family, friends, colleagues, whomever.

.

just last night I was speaking with a long-time friend of mine who is a caucasian woman. her 2 sons are ethincally mixed, & she was saying how she too has been having these "difference of opinion" discussions about discrimination & prejudice in the usa. in her case, it's been with family members - 1 of her sisters, in particular.

.

it's difficult when those we know who are so.. indoctrinated (for lack of a better word at this moment) by caucasian supremacy that they deny &/or refuse to see its impact ; to the point that they will argue with you &/or be defensive because they don't understand the reality of today's situation & the history of systemic discrimination & prejudice that has brought us to this point.

.

another long-time friend of mine - an Italian woman in northern Italia - (also) just last night was saying to me she thought it was wrong for people here in the states to be knocking down statues honoring confederate leaders. she also compared it to what happened in the recent past in the middle east (I forget which specific country she referenced)..

I responded to her that it did not bother me at all that these statues were being knocked down & removed, becasuse I know very well what those statues represent - people who believed they were right to enslave & de-humanize other humans for their own financial benefit. I was born & raised in Richmond VA - the former capital of the confederacy - so I know that history well. sometimes I would even tell people - with some hint of sarcasm - that I am from the capital of the confederacy.. simply to see their response (typically the response woud be 1 of bewilderment or surprise, like.. "why are you (as a man of color) saying that? ? ?"

.

lastly, Maplenpg, I invite you to read this article

.

https://www.awesomelyluvv...iends.html

.

which basically confirms what you already seem to know. the struggle with this systemic discrimination & prejudice has been going on for several hundred years, & caucasian people who actually have a conscious are starting to not just come out of their slumber (born of their privilege) but many are also starting to act. I need to check my "friends" count on fb. with all the current events & pro-"people of color do matter" posts I've been doing, I'm sure that at least a few of them have unfriended me. oh well. right is right & wrong is wrong.

.

there is absolutely no ambiguity in the struggle for human rights for ALL humans, including & especially for people of color.

.

either each of of us - any of us - is actively working to dismantle systemic discrimination & prejudice & oppression..

.

or we are letting this systemic discrimination continue by being apathetic, silent, indignant, dismissive &/or by trying to justify or explain away all this nonsense.

.

Maplenpg. I applaud you. keep fighting the good fight as much as you can & for as long as you can. it will not be easy.

.

I will continue to do the same.



clapping for both of you! heart

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 06/13/20 10:38am

cborgman

avatar

another one last night...


(CNN) An Atlanta police officer shot and killed a man at a Wendy's drive-thru Friday night after he resisted arrest and struggled for an officer's Taser, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

The GBI identified the slain man as Rayshard Brooks, 27, of Atlanta, who was African American.

Friday, officers responded to a call at 10:33 p.m. about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the drive-thru, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.

Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said.

An officer drew his Taser and, witnesses said, the man grabbed it, the statement said. An officer then shot him.

Brooks was taken to a hospital, where he died, the statement said.
CNN affiliate WSB reports this is the 48th police shooting the GBI has investigated in 2020.
Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 06/13/20 10:44am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

cborgman said:

another one last night...


(CNN) An Atlanta police officer shot and killed a man at a Wendy's drive-thru Friday night after he resisted arrest and struggled for an officer's Taser, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

The GBI identified the slain man as Rayshard Brooks, 27, of Atlanta, who was African American.

Friday, officers responded to a call at 10:33 p.m. about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the drive-thru, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.

Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said.

An officer drew his Taser and, witnesses said, the man grabbed it, the statement said. An officer then shot him.

Brooks was taken to a hospital, where he died, the statement said.
CNN affiliate WSB reports this is the 48th police shooting the GBI has investigated in 2020.


Why has shooting become a choice in lieu of apprehending? disbelief

“In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it.”
-George Orwell, 1984
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 06/13/20 10:56am

maplenpg

avatar

mltijchr said:

maplenpg said

Yup. What exactly are they protesting? Apart from their right to own their own racism, which was/is on display for the world to see.


In other news, for the first time I called someone out today who I like very much, who was saying things I very much disagreed with about England and colonialism. It got quite heated and I have no desire to have a huge fallout with this person so I ended it with, "We'll just have to agree to disagree". I'm frankly disappointed that I wasn't more elequant in my argument, but some of her viewpoints surprised me. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to the fact that if I'm going to start calling stuff out that I might have let fly previously, that I'm going to have to lose friends in the process sad

[Edited 6/13/20 9:33am]

.

Maplenpg I applaud you for having the concious & the courage to speak out on the prejudice being displayed by people you know - be they family, friends, colleagues, whomever.

.

just last night I was speaking with a long-time friend of mine who is a caucasian woman. her 2 sons are ethincally mixed, & she was saying how she too has been having these "difference of opinion" discussions about discrimination & prejudice in the usa. in her case, it's been with family members - 1 of her sisters, in particular.

.

it's difficult when those we know who are so.. indoctrinated (for lack of a better word at this moment) by caucasian supremacy that they deny &/or refuse to see its impact ; to the point that they will argue with you &/or be defensive because they don't understand the reality of today's situation & the history of systemic discrimination & prejudice that has brought us to this point.

.

another long-time friend of mine - an Italian woman in northern Italia - (also) just last night was saying to me she thought it was wrong for people here in the states to be knocking down statues honoring confederate leaders. she also compared it to what happened in the recent past in the middle east (I forget which specific country she referenced)..

I responded to her that it did not bother me at all that these statues were being knocked down & removed, becasuse I know very well what those statues represent - people who believed they were right to enslave & de-humanize other humans for their own financial benefit. I was born & raised in Richmond VA - the former capital of the confederacy - so I know that history well. sometimes I would even tell people - with some hint of sarcasm - that I am from the capital of the confederacy.. simply to see their response (typically the response woud be 1 of bewilderment or surprise, like.. "why are you (as a man of color) saying that? ? ?"

.

lastly, Maplenpg, I invite you to read this article

.

https://www.awesomelyluvv...iends.html

.

which basically confirms what you already seem to know. the struggle with this systemic discrimination & prejudice has been going on for several hundred years, & caucasian people who actually have a conscious are starting to not just come out of their slumber (born of their privilege) but many are also starting to act. I need to check my "friends" count on fb. with all the current events & pro-"people of color do matter" posts I've been doing, I'm sure that at least a few of them have unfriended me. oh well. right is right & wrong is wrong.

.

there is absolutely no ambiguity in the struggle for human rights for ALL humans, including & especially for people of color.

.

either each of of us - any of us - is actively working to dismantle systemic discrimination & prejudice & oppression..

.

or we are letting this systemic discrimination continue by being apathetic, silent, indignant, dismissive &/or by trying to justify or explain away all this nonsense.

.

Maplenpg. I applaud you. keep fighting the good fight as much as you can & for as long as you can. it will not be easy.

.

I will continue to do the same.

Thank you. And thank you for the article. I think the argument 'We can't change or ignore history', which was pretty much the argument she used for wanting to keep some of the statues, is a poor one. No-one is asking anyone to change history, but moreso to not recognise it solely as a great triumph, to see it's dark underbelly and to accept that where one person might see glory, another sees something else entirely. I have no issue with statues being put into museums, but why keep them in a town/city if in the context of the 21st century someone is no longer to be celebrated as they might of been in the 20th century? I started getting a load of bollocks about how we might all be speaking Spanish now if it wasn't for X, or some other bollocks that I couldn't ignore so I spoke up. And I'm glad I did, even if it was very uncomfortable for a while.

I applaud you too, and everyone who finds the confidence to speak up - it's not easy, that's for sure.

Thank you Dimi also heart

The Org is my playground and y'all are my playmates.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 06/13/20 11:03am

cborgman

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

cborgman said:

another one last night...


(CNN) An Atlanta police officer shot and killed a man at a Wendy's drive-thru Friday night after he resisted arrest and struggled for an officer's Taser, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

The GBI identified the slain man as Rayshard Brooks, 27, of Atlanta, who was African American.

Friday, officers responded to a call at 10:33 p.m. about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the drive-thru, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.

Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said.

An officer drew his Taser and, witnesses said, the man grabbed it, the statement said. An officer then shot him.

Brooks was taken to a hospital, where he died, the statement said.
CNN affiliate WSB reports this is the 48th police shooting the GBI has investigated in 2020.


Why has shooting become a choice in lieu of apprehending? disbelief

racism, militarization, and because theyve been allowed to get away with it for decades.


,

[Edited 6/13/20 11:03am]

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 06/13/20 11:05am

onlyforaminute

https://www.dw.com/en/afr...a-53793065

LIVE TV
TOP STORIES
African nations call for racism debate at UN Human Rights Council
18 hours ago

A letter signed by all 54 African nations requested the UN Human Rights Council to urgently debate racism and police violence as protests over George Floyd's death grow around the world.
African countries on Friday called on the United Nation Human Rights Council to urgently debate racism and police impunity, amid growing protests over George Floyd's death in the United States and other parts of the world.

Burkina Faso's ambassador to the UN in Geneva wrote the letter on behalf of the 54 African countries, asking the UN's top human rights body for an "urgent debate" on "racially inspired human rights violations, police brutality against people of African descent and the violence against the peaceful protests that call for these injustices to stop."



Council President Elisabeth Tichy-Fisslberger is expected to announce a proposed day for the debate on Monday. Unless there are any objections, the debate is likely to go ahead.
[Edited 6/13/20 11:07am]
If you carry the egg basket do not dance.

Do good, then throw it into the sea.

#octavia tried to tell us
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 06/13/20 11:09am

cborgman

avatar

and apparently snl alum jay pharaoh was stopped, thrown down held at gunpoint, and got a knee to the neck in one of those wacky "matched the description" moments while jogging.

disbelief

[Edited 6/13/20 11:11am]

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 06/13/20 11:14am

PennyPurple

avatar

cborgman said:

and apparently snl alum jay pharaoh was stopped, thrown down held at gunpoint, and got a knee to the neck in one of those wacky "matched the description" moments while jogging.

disbelief

[Edited 6/13/20 11:11am]

eek Did that just happen?

A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 06/13/20 11:20am

PennyPurple

avatar

Here we go again...

Friday, officers responded to a call at 10:33 p.m. about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the drive-thru, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.
Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said.
An officer drew his Taser and, witnesses said, the man grabbed it, the statement said. An officer then shot him.
Brooks was taken to a hospital, where he died, the statement said.


https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html
A MASK ISN'T TOO MUCH TO ASK!!
JJPOPPYSBOMBSQUAD #OPINIONSMATTER
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 06/13/20 11:25am

JoeTyler

PennyPurple said:

Here we go again...





Friday, officers responded to a call at 10:33 p.m. about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the drive-thru, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.

Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said.







An officer drew his Taser and, witnesses said, the man grabbed it, the statement said. An officer then shot him.

Brooks was taken to a hospital, where he died, the statement said.



https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html



Proof that most US policemen don't care.
They are trained to shoot to kill as soon as things go slighty south. One of the most murderous and lethal police forces in the entire world, especially with minorities.
[Edited 6/13/20 11:26am]
tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 06/13/20 11:32am

cborgman

avatar

PennyPurple said:

cborgman said:

and apparently snl alum jay pharaoh was stopped, thrown down held at gunpoint, and got a knee to the neck in one of those wacky "matched the description" moments while jogging.

disbelief

[Edited 6/13/20 11:11am]

eek Did that just happen?

in february. he just released the security cam footage of it yesterday.


.

[Edited 6/13/20 11:36am]

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 06/13/20 11:40am

2elijah

avatar

So many similar, yet tragic stories. Smh.
This is why police reform is so badly needed. It’s been long overdue.


https://www.usatoday.com/...137373001/

“George Floyd is not alone. 'I can’t breathe' uttered by dozens in fatal police holds across U.S.

KATIE WEDELL, CARA KELLY, CAMILLE MCMANUS AND CHRISTINE FERNANDO | USA TODAY | 4 hours ago

In Columbus, Georgia, a 300-pound police officer sat on Hector Arreola’s back while another held a knee to his neck and kept him face down outside his neighbor’s house for six minutes until he stopped moving and later died.

In Phoenix, four police officers placed the weight of their bodies on Muhammad Abdul Muhaymin’s head, neck, back and limbs as he lay face-down and handcuffed before going into cardiac arrest and dying.

Three officers in Aurora, Colorado, tackled Elijah McClain as he walked home with groceries, using a stranglehold around his neck and handcuffing him as he pleaded and vomited. He was removed from life support days later.

In all three cases, the unarmed men uttered the same phrase as police wrestled them into custody.

“I can’t breathe.”

Their warnings were ignored.”
[Edited 6/13/20 11:55am]
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 06/13/20 12:03pm

poppys

^^ To EVERYTHING above. OH GOD, too much.

[Edited 6/13/20 12:05pm]

"if you can't clap on the one, then don't clap at all"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 06/13/20 12:27pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

cborgman said:

and apparently snl alum jay pharaoh was stopped, thrown down held at gunpoint, and got a knee to the neck in one of those wacky "matched the description" moments while jogging.

disbelief

[Edited 6/13/20 11:11am]

Was that in Mike's city? what was it said about that?


"Ninety-five percent of your murders — murderers and murder victims — fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city...We put all the cops in minority neighborhoods... yes. That’s true. Why do we do it? Because that’s where all the crime is. And the way you get the guns out of the kids’ hands is to throw them up against the walls and frisk them.”

Apples and tress in the big apple...

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 06/13/20 1:43pm

cborgman

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



cborgman said:


and apparently snl alum jay pharaoh was stopped, thrown down held at gunpoint, and got a knee to the neck in one of those wacky "matched the description" moments while jogging.

disbelief


[Edited 6/13/20 11:11am]




Was that in Mike's city? what was it said about that?


"Ninety-five percent of your murders — murderers and murder victims — fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city...We put all the cops in minority neighborhoods... yes. That’s true. Why do we do it? Because that’s where all the crime is. And the way you get the guns out of the kids’ hands is to throw them up against the walls and frisk them.”

Apples and tress in the big apple...


rolleyes

It was in LA.

Also “mike” hasnt been the mayor for almost 7 years now.

You just never get tired of trolling or thread-wrecking, do you?

.
[Edited 6/13/20 14:01pm]
Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 06/13/20 2:34pm

13cjk13

avatar

cborgman said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Was that in Mike's city? what was it said about that?


"Ninety-five percent of your murders — murderers and murder victims — fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city...We put all the cops in minority neighborhoods... yes. That’s true. Why do we do it? Because that’s where all the crime is. And the way you get the guns out of the kids’ hands is to throw them up against the walls and frisk them.”

Apples and tress in the big apple...

rolleyes It was in LA. Also “mike” hasnt been the mayor for almost 7 years now. You just never get tired of trolling or thread-wrecking, do you? . [Edited 6/13/20 14:01pm]

Sadly, it appears to be all he has.

"hey if you found out someone gave you a fake $20 would you be mad?"It is in fact #TRUTH.Mocha ObsidianˈN(y)o͞obēən Cocoa Noir...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 06/13/20 2:36pm

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:

^^ To EVERYTHING above. OH GOD, too much.

[Edited 6/13/20 12:05pm]


Long history of these killings by rogue or racist cops in NYC. Their police union chief is a racist to the core. This is why I’m glad these protests put pressure on police departments, to make changes. Get the togud and racist cops out the door. I’m glad Governor Cuomo signed an executive order for police depts in the state to do reform changes by 4/1/21 or they will lose funding.
Always smile in the face of adversity. smile
#NOFEAR
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 06/13/20 3:22pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

cborgman said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Was that in Mike's city? what was it said about that?


"Ninety-five percent of your murders — murderers and murder victims — fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it and pass it out to all the cops. They are male, minorities, 16 to 25. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city...We put all the cops in minority neighborhoods... yes. That’s true. Why do we do it? Because that’s where all the crime is. And the way you get the guns out of the kids’ hands is to throw them up against the walls and frisk them.”

Apples and tress in the big apple...

rolleyes It was in LA. Also “mike” hasnt been the mayor for almost 7 years now. You just never get tired of trolling or thread-wrecking, do you? . [Edited 6/13/20 14:01pm]

LA? and who's in chgarge?

The Spike is Real Wear a Mask (this is not the 2nd Wave)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 06/13/20 3:26pm

cborgman

avatar

2elijah said:

poppys said:

^^ To EVERYTHING above. OH GOD, too much.

[Edited 6/13/20 12:05pm]


Long history of these killings by rogue or racist cops in NYC. Their police union chief is a racist to the core. This is why I’m glad these protests put pressure on police departments, to make changes. Get the togud and racist cops out the door. I’m glad Governor Cuomo signed an executive order for police depts in the state to do reform changes by 4/1/21 or they will lose funding.

Totally agree
Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 06/13/20 4:29pm

cborgman

avatar

cborgman said:

another one last night...


(CNN) An Atlanta police officer shot and killed a man at a Wendy's drive-thru Friday night after he resisted arrest and struggled for an officer's Taser, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation said in a statement.

The GBI identified the slain man as Rayshard Brooks, 27, of Atlanta, who was African American.

Friday, officers responded to a call at 10:33 p.m. about a man sleeping in a parked vehicle in the drive-thru, causing other customers to drive around it, the GBI said in a statement.

Police gave Brooks a field sobriety test, which he failed, the GBI said. He resisted arrest and struggled with officers, the GBI said.

An officer drew his Taser and, witnesses said, the man grabbed it, the statement said. An officer then shot him.

Brooks was taken to a hospital, where he died, the statement said.
CNN affiliate WSB reports this is the 48th police shooting the GBI has investigated in 2020.

update: the atlanta police chief has resigned.

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 16 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > George Floyd - Part 2 Discussion