independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 8th Apr 2020 3:26pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Covid 19 :: Warning: Chloroquine Phosphate - There is No Antidote
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 03/26/20 8:43am

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:

Nursing manager at Mount Sinai West hospital in NYC - where staff were forced to wear TRASH BAGS as protective equipment - dies of coronavirus at age 48


  • Kious Kelly, 48, died at Mount Sinai West in Manhattan on Tuesday night

  • He was also an assistant nursing manager at the hospital prior to his death

  • Photos have circulated on Facebook showing nurses there wearing trash bags

  • Extreme shortage of personal protective equipment has hit hospitals hard

See the source image


The nursing staff at that facility are wonderful. Recently had a relative who was there on a ventilator, for a while, and the nurses and physicians there treated her so well. She’s been moved to a long-term facility 2 months ago, in NYC and still on a ventilator. Family can’t visit her right now, because of the restrictions. She’s stable, but we stay in touch by calling the facility to check on her status, and leave messages for her. They even allowed us to see her on FaceTime. Real tough for New Yorkers right now.

I feel for all the hospital staff in New York and the rest of the country.
popcorn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 03/26/20 8:59am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

poppys said:

Nursing manager at Mount Sinai West hospital in NYC - where staff were forced to wear TRASH BAGS as protective equipment - dies of coronavirus at age 48

  • Kious Kelly, 48, died at Mount Sinai West in Manhattan on Tuesday night
  • He was also an assistant nursing manager at the hospital prior to his death
  • Photos have circulated on Facebook showing nurses there wearing trash bags
  • Extreme shortage of personal protective equipment has hit hospitals hard

See the source image



sometimes you need to suck it up and adapt and overcome... if hillary was president there would still be a shortage... if it was barack there would still be a shortage... no matter who was potus... even if we had single payer... we would have a shortage.

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 03/26/20 9:35am

benni

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

poppys said:

Nursing manager at Mount Sinai West hospital in NYC - where staff were forced to wear TRASH BAGS as protective equipment - dies of coronavirus at age 48

  • Kious Kelly, 48, died at Mount Sinai West in Manhattan on Tuesday night
  • He was also an assistant nursing manager at the hospital prior to his death
  • Photos have circulated on Facebook showing nurses there wearing trash bags
  • Extreme shortage of personal protective equipment has hit hospitals hard

26419688-8154039-image-a-28_1585187059639.jpg



sometimes you need to suck it up and adapt and overcome... if hillary was president there would still be a shortage... if it was barack there would still be a shortage... no matter who was potus... even if we had single payer... we would have a shortage.


Not necessarily. Trump got rid of the pandemic team that might have caught wind of this virus in China and started doing preparations BEFORE it came to this country. That was what they were there for. Also, they would have enacted the clause in the Presidential War Acts to get businesses focused on producing the needed items, instead of forcing states to compete with each other to get these items. Not to mention that one Governor called Trump out, stating that they had bid on products that their state needed and were OUTBID by the Federal Govt twice, losing those necessary items.

[Edited 3/26/20 9:35am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 03/26/20 9:59am

benni

avatar

Not only is there no antidote at this time, the virus will leave behind lung damage. The kind of damage done by this virus to the lungs can leave scar tissue that will have an impact on your breathing for years to come. Speaking as someon who already has scar tissue on my lungs from blood clots, at times, when I get sick, it can be difficult to get a deep breath. But this kind of infection, can leave many more scars than I have.

https://youtu.be/9rgJOBHwTkM


https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 03/26/20 10:07am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

benni said:

Not only is there no antidote at this time, the virus will leave behind lung damage. The kind of damage done by this virus to the lungs can leave scar tissue that will have an impact on your breathing for years to come. Speaking as someon who already has scar tissue on my lungs from blood clots, at times, when I get sick, it can be difficult to get a deep breath. But this kind of infection, can leave many more scars than I have.

https://youtu.be/9rgJOBHwTkM


https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html

yeah that seems to be what the reports are saying. Like the used of the actual for of chloroquine hydroxycholoroquine (as opposed to some kind of cleaner), is dangerous and must be used only under very close medical supervision.

and yes, it is scary that having an underlying medical condition (Known or unknown) can really make this (or any infection much more serious). I read that people are finding out they have unknown issues. We can look at people that smoke or vape who likely have damage are more at risk if exposed.

Again: I am for right to try. Medical marijuana is something I think is a huge hoax... but meh... what do I care... if it makes you feel better...

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 03/26/20 10:22am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:



sometimes you need to suck it up and adapt and overcome... if hillary was president there would still be a shortage... if it was barack there would still be a shortage... no matter who was potus... even if we had single payer... we would have a shortage.


Not necessarily. Trump got rid of the pandemic team that might have caught wind of this virus in China and started doing preparations BEFORE it came to this country. That was what they were there for. Also, they would have enacted the clause in the Presidential War Acts to get businesses focused on producing the needed items, instead of forcing states to compete with each other to get these items. Not to mention that one Governor called Trump out, stating that they had bid on products that their state needed and were OUTBID by the Federal Govt twice, losing those necessary items.

yeahthat

"Suddenly the whole nation is depending on the very people they don't believe should make $15/hour"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 03/26/20 12:58pm

2elijah

avatar

benni said:

Not only is there no antidote at this time, the virus will leave behind lung damage. The kind of damage done by this virus to the lungs can leave scar tissue that will have an impact on your breathing for years to come. Speaking as someon who already has scar tissue on my lungs from blood clots, at times, when I get sick, it can be difficult to get a deep breath. But this kind of infection, can leave many more scars than I have.

https://youtu.be/9rgJOBHwTkM


https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html


That’s exactly what a physician said less than 2 weeks ago during an interview, and that’s why I was surprised when trump made those comments about those drugs, when they haven’t been fully tested, to be effective, safe and a cure for the virus. It’s like he just talks out of his ass with unchecked info, and makes it his truth.
popcorn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 03/26/20 1:02pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

benni said:

Not only is there no antidote at this time, the virus will leave behind lung damage. The kind of damage done by this virus to the lungs can leave scar tissue that will have an impact on your breathing for years to come. Speaking as someon who already has scar tissue on my lungs from blood clots, at times, when I get sick, it can be difficult to get a deep breath. But this kind of infection, can leave many more scars than I have.

https://youtu.be/9rgJOBHwTkM


https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html

That’s exactly what a physician said less than 2 weeks ago during an interview, and that’s why I was surprised when trump made those comments about those drugs, when they haven’t been fully tested, to be effective, safe and a cure for the virus. It’s like he just talks out of his ass with unchecked info, and makes it his truth.


^ Par for the course, yes?

"Suddenly the whole nation is depending on the very people they don't believe should make $15/hour"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 03/26/20 1:04pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

benni said: That’s exactly what a physician said less than 2 weeks ago during an interview, and that’s why I was surprised when trump made those comments about those drugs, when they haven’t been fully tested, to be effective, safe and a cure for the virus. It’s like he just talks out of his ass with unchecked info, and makes it his truth.


^ Par for the course, yes?

what did trump say about Chloroquine Phosphate that is not true?

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 03/26/20 1:08pm

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


benni said:

Not only is there no antidote at this time, the virus will leave behind lung damage. The kind of damage done by this virus to the lungs can leave scar tissue that will have an impact on your breathing for years to come. Speaking as someon who already has scar tissue on my lungs from blood clots, at times, when I get sick, it can be difficult to get a deep breath. But this kind of infection, can leave many more scars than I have.

https://youtu.be/9rgJOBHwTkM


https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html



That’s exactly what a physician said less than 2 weeks ago during an interview, and that’s why I was surprised when trump made those comments about those drugs, when they haven’t been fully tested, to be effective, safe and a cure for the virus. It’s like he just talks out of his ass with unchecked info, and makes it his truth.


^ Par for the course, yes?


Yep. Many will remember Governor Cuomo regarding this crisis because of his honesty, compassion and being front-line on keeping up-to-date information on this crisis, and will not forget trump’s bad communication to the public regarding this pandemic, and how he called it a hoax.
popcorn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 03/26/20 1:14pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:


^ Par for the course, yes?

Yep. Many will remember Governor Cuomo regarding this crisis because of his honesty, compassion and being front-line on keeping up-to-date information on this crisis, and will not forget trump’s bad communication to the public regarding this pandemic, and how he called it a hoax.

Exactly. I like that Cuomo said that since NY/NJ are going through the ringer now - they can impart advice and lend a hand when other areas of the country begin to experience similar conditions. I feel a post Mardi Gras Louisiana could be the next hub of infection. sad

"Suddenly the whole nation is depending on the very people they don't believe should make $15/hour"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 03/26/20 1:37pm

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


DiminutiveRocker said:



^ Par for the course, yes?



Yep. Many will remember Governor Cuomo regarding this crisis because of his honesty, compassion and being front-line on keeping up-to-date information on this crisis, and will not forget trump’s bad communication to the public regarding this pandemic, and how he called it a hoax.


Exactly. I like that Cuomo said that since NY/NJ are going through the ringer now - they can impart advice and lend a hand when other areas of the country begin to experience similar conditions. I feel a post Mardi Gras Louisiana could be the next hub of infection. sad


Agree. I already heard that Mardi Gras may have been a contributing factor to the increase in cases there.

Trump is about to have a press conference to Governors about easing the social distancing. Honestly I hope most Governors use good judgement, and not leave it up to trump. NY is in no shape to ease it right now. Neither is New Jersey.
popcorn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 03/26/20 3:14pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Exactly. I like that Cuomo said that since NY/NJ are going through the ringer now - they can impart advice and lend a hand when other areas of the country begin to experience similar conditions. I feel a post Mardi Gras Louisiana could be the next hub of infection. sad

Agree. I already heard that Mardi Gras may have been a contributing factor to the increase in cases there. Trump is about to have a press conference to Governors about easing the social distancing. Honestly I hope most Governors use good judgement, and not leave it up to trump. NY is in no shape to ease it right now. Neither is New Jersey.


I am not taking cues from Trump on social distancing. I'll listen to my local authorities (Mayor, Governor), thanks. wink

"Suddenly the whole nation is depending on the very people they don't believe should make $15/hour"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 03/27/20 6:07am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


DiminutiveRocker said:



Exactly. I like that Cuomo said that since NY/NJ are going through the ringer now - they can impart advice and lend a hand when other areas of the country begin to experience similar conditions. I feel a post Mardi Gras Louisiana could be the next hub of infection. sad



Agree. I already heard that Mardi Gras may have been a contributing factor to the increase in cases there. Trump is about to have a press conference to Governors about easing the social distancing. Honestly I hope most Governors use good judgement, and not leave it up to trump. NY is in no shape to ease it right now. Neither is New Jersey.


I am not taking cues from Trump on social distancing. I'll listen to my local authorities (Mayor, Governor), thanks. wink


Well now New Orleans has become a hot spot, with increase in deaths there.
popcorn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 03/27/20 6:41am

poppys

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:


I am not taking cues from Trump on social distancing. I'll listen to my local authorities (Mayor, Governor), thanks. wink


Well now New Orleans has become a hot spot, with increase in deaths there.


nod Just posted about it on the other thread. It's been very hot too, over 85 all week so not sure about that theory. India just went on 21 day lockdown - the entire country. Hope I'm wrong but New Orleans is where we could easily see people dying on the streets. When it rips throught the homeless camps etc, it's going to get ugly.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 03/27/20 7:37am

jjhunsecker

avatar

benni said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:



sometimes you need to suck it up and adapt and overcome... if hillary was president there would still be a shortage... if it was barack there would still be a shortage... no matter who was potus... even if we had single payer... we would have a shortage.


Not necessarily. Trump got rid of the pandemic team that might have caught wind of this virus in China and started doing preparations BEFORE it came to this country. That was what they were there for. Also, they would have enacted the clause in the Presidential War Acts to get businesses focused on producing the needed items, instead of forcing states to compete with each other to get these items. Not to mention that one Governor called Trump out, stating that they had bid on products that their state needed and were OUTBID by the Federal Govt twice, losing those necessary items.

[Edited 3/26/20 9:35am]

True true true....Things would be a lot better under Obama, and most likely Hillary Clinton, then it is under this thin skinned vengeful cretin now taking up space in the White House.

They always try to play the false equivalency game, and always fail

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 03/27/20 7:56am

poppys

jjhunsecker said:

benni said:


Not necessarily. Trump got rid of the pandemic team that might have caught wind of this virus in China and started doing preparations BEFORE it came to this country. That was what they were there for. Also, they would have enacted the clause in the Presidential War Acts to get businesses focused on producing the needed items, instead of forcing states to compete with each other to get these items. Not to mention that one Governor called Trump out, stating that they had bid on products that their state needed and were OUTBID by the Federal Govt twice, losing those necessary items.

True true true....Things would be a lot better under Obama, and most likely Hillary Clinton, then it is under this thin skinned vengeful cretin now taking up space in the White House.

They always try to play the false equivalency game, and always fail


"Always, every time."

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 03/27/20 8:56am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

Here's something intersting:

Do people who survive the infection become immune to the coronavirus?

The answer: a qualified yes, according to virologists, with some significant unknowns.



Our bodies naturally make antibodies to infections with virtually all viruses, but how long they last after exposure to Covid-19 is an open question. And it’s an important one. People who are immune can venture out of their houses, and a growing immunity in the community is how the virus ends.




^ that is not gonna happen by Easter.

Dimi be safe out there. I have friends who are nurses and worried about their exposure to this virus working with patients. So sad that some nurses are now using trash bags to protect themselves, because of lack of PPEs. I’m so disgusted with this president. NYC is his original hometown and he’s pretty much giving this city the finger. He made a stupid comment (paraphrasing) that he thinks the media just want the social distancing to continue longer so he could fail at being re-elected. [Edited 3/26/20 5:34am]


Thank you, 2E - you take care as well. NYC is a scary place to be right now, so be extra vigilant.

Trump is delusional. Saying that is tantamount to saying it is a hoax. The media! The media! omfg Oh, sure, they got into a lab and created the virus just to thwart the election. Seriously? He ust wants it to be over so the economy can be his badge of honor during the election - but the damage is done. All know is that I am listening to the doctors and top immunologists and my local govenment. If people listen to Trump and go back to work then god speed.

"Suddenly the whole nation is depending on the very people they don't believe should make $15/hour"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 03/28/20 6:11pm

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


DiminutiveRocker said:



Here's something intersting:





Do people who survive the infection become immune to the coronavirus?






The answer: a qualified yes, according to virologists, with some significant unknowns.








Our bodies naturally make antibodies to infections with virtually all viruses, but how long they last after exposure to Covid-19 is an open question. And it’s an important one. People who are immune can venture out of their houses, and a growing immunity in the community is how the virus ends.




^ that is not gonna happen by Easter.




Dimi be safe out there. I have friends who are nurses and worried about their exposure to this virus working with patients. So sad that some nurses are now using trash bags to protect themselves, because of lack of PPEs. I’m so disgusted with this president. NYC is his original hometown and he’s pretty much giving this city the finger. He made a stupid comment (paraphrasing) that he thinks the media just want the social distancing to continue longer so he could fail at being re-elected. [Edited 3/26/20 5:34am]


Thank you, 2E - you take care as well. NYC is a scary place to be right now, so be extra vigilant.

Trump is delusional. Saying that is tantamount to saying it is a hoax. The media! The media! omfg Oh, sure, they got into a lab and created the virus just to thwart the election. Seriously? He ust wants it to be over so the economy can be his badge of honor during the election - but the damage is done. All know is that I am listening to the doctors and top immunologists and my local govenment. If people listen to Trump and go back to work then god speed.



Thanks Dimi. hug I agree with the rest of your post as well.
popcorn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 03/29/20 10:23am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

poppys said:

2elijah said:

DiminutiveRocker said:
Well now New Orleans has become a hot spot, with increase in deaths there.


nod Just posted about it on the other thread. It's been very hot too, over 85 all week so not sure about that theory. India just went on 21 day lockdown - the entire country. Hope I'm wrong but New Orleans is where we could easily see people dying on the streets. When it rips throught the homeless camps etc, it's going to get ugly.

Take care, Poppys - we keep hearing that NO will be hard it in the coming days.


You bring up a good point. What are local governments doing to curb this among the homeless? (these are a part of the popluation who will NOT benifit from the $1200 pay out either) I feel like I am seeing new encampments pop up - maybe they were moved from another area, not sure.

"Suddenly the whole nation is depending on the very people they don't believe should make $15/hour"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 04/01/20 6:02pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Time to update this thread:

FDA issues emergency-use authorization for anti-malaria drugs amid coronovirus outbreak:

https://thehill.com/homen...drugs-amid


https://www.politico.com/...rug-155095


Scientists in America and around the world have identified multiple potential therapeutics for COVID19, including hydroxychloroquine.

The moron referenced in the OP took a form of chloroquine that is a poisonous fish tank cleaner. Do NOT do that.

Chloroquine in fish tank cleaner is not the same thing as pharmacuetical chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine.


"Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin continue to show results for patients."

https://archive.is/timHx#....0-1983.74


Democratic Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is now asking the federal government to send her hydroxychloroquine just four days after she threatened to revoke the medical licenses of doctors who prescribed it.

https://www.metrotimes.co...hloroquine


Authorities warn against stockpiling hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin amid fears that those that had pre-existing medical need for them before this outbreak would not be able to obtain them.

So, while it's true that hydroxychloroquine is not a "cure", it is showing promise as a treatment. Chloroquine fish tank cleaner is poisonous and will probably kill you.







[Edited 4/1/20 19:07pm]

Based upon limited in-vitro and anecdotal data, chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine are currently recommended for treatment of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in several countries.
https://www.cdc.gov/coron...tions.html
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 04/03/20 6:43am

djThunderfunk

avatar

TRUMP WAS RIGHT

A newly released international survey conducted by Sermo rated hydroxychloroquine and chloroqiune as the most effective therapy for coronovirus.


"An international poll of more than 6,000 doctors released Thursday found that the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine was the most highly rated treatment for the novel coronavirus.

The survey conducted by Sermo, a global health care polling company, of 6,227 physicians in 30 countries found that 37% of those treating COVID-19 patients rated hydroxychloroquine as the “most effective therapy” from a list of 15 options.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave chloroquine and its next-generation derivative, hydroxychloroquine, emergency-use authorization Monday for treating the novel coronavirus, although the drug was already being used off-label by some doctors and hospitals for COVID-19 patients.

The survey also found that the most commonly prescribed treatments are analgesics (56%), azithromycin (41%) and hydroxychloroquine (33%).

Azithromycin, known by the brand name Zithromax or Z-Pak, was rated the second-most effective therapy at 32%, followed by “nothing,” analgesics (including acetaminophen), anti-HIV drugs and cough medicine."


https://www.washingtontim...herapy-do/



[Edited 4/3/20 6:48am]

Based upon limited in-vitro and anecdotal data, chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine are currently recommended for treatment of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in several countries.
https://www.cdc.gov/coron...tions.html
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 04/05/20 12:58pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

TRUMP WAS RIGHT


About what?

spit


On CBS's "Face the Nation," National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director Dr. Anthony Fauci told host Margaret Brennan that "in terms of science, I don't think we could definitively say it works," regarding the use of hydroxychloroquine for the virus.

"As I've said many times, Margaret, the data are really just at best suggestive," Fauci said. "There have been cases that show there may be an effect and there are others to show there's no effect."

"Suddenly the whole nation is depending on the very people they don't believe should make $15/hour"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 04/05/20 1:21pm

13cjk13

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

djThunderfunk said:

TRUMP WAS RIGHT


About what?

spit


On CBS's "Face the Nation," National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director Dr. Anthony Fauci told host Margaret Brennan that "in terms of science, I don't think we could definitively say it works," regarding the use of hydroxychloroquine for the virus.

"As I've said many times, Margaret, the data are really just at best suggestive," Fauci said. "There have been cases that show there may be an effect and there are others to show there's no effect."

He acts as if Dump discovered the medications. The asshole doesn't have a single clue about anything, isn't curious or knowledgeable about anything, and only cares about amassing money and being in the spotlight. He's just parroting what someone is telling him. This time perhaps they were right, and if they are, the asshole will act as if it was his idea all along. Gaslighting as usual. Fuck him.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 04/05/20 11:19pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

13cjk13 said:

DiminutiveRocker said:

About what?

spit


On CBS's "Face the Nation," National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director Dr. Anthony Fauci told host Margaret Brennan that "in terms of science, I don't think we could definitively say it works," regarding the use of hydroxychloroquine for the virus.

"As I've said many times, Margaret, the data are really just at best suggestive," Fauci said. "There have been cases that show there may be an effect and there are others to show there's no effect."

He acts as if Dump discovered the medications. The asshole doesn't have a single clue about anything, isn't curious or knowledgeable about anything, and only cares about amassing money and being in the spotlight. He's just parroting what someone is telling him. This time perhaps they were right, and if they are, the asshole will act as if it was his idea all along. Gaslighting as usual. Fuck him.



At a White House coronavirus briefing Sunday, President Trump continued to push hydroxychloroquine against the advice of doctors and health experts who say its efficacy against the coronavirus is unproven and warn of dangerous side effects.



Mr. Trump suggested he was speaking on gut instinct, and acknowledged he had no expertise on the subject.

"Suddenly the whole nation is depending on the very people they don't believe should make $15/hour"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 04/06/20 6:37am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



13cjk13 said:




DiminutiveRocker said:




About what?

spit


On CBS's "Face the Nation," National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director Dr. Anthony Fauci told host Margaret Brennan that "in terms of science, I don't think we could definitively say it works," regarding the use of hydroxychloroquine for the virus.

"As I've said many times, Margaret, the data are really just at best suggestive," Fauci said. "There have been cases that show there may be an effect and there are others to show there's no effect."



He acts as if Dump discovered the medications. The asshole doesn't have a single clue about anything, isn't curious or knowledgeable about anything, and only cares about amassing money and being in the spotlight. He's just parroting what someone is telling him. This time perhaps they were right, and if they are, the asshole will act as if it was his idea all along. Gaslighting as usual. Fuck him.






At a White House coronavirus briefing Sunday, President Trump continued to push hydroxychloroquine against the advice of doctors and health experts who say its efficacy against the coronavirus is unproven and warn of dangerous side effects.




Mr. Trump suggested he was speaking on gut instinct, and acknowledged he had no expertise on the subject.




Well, apparently trump tried to shush Dr. Fauci from answering a reporter when he was questioned about the drug. If trump has no expertise on the drug, then he should stfu and let the experts in the medical/science field do the talking about it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/...index.html


Heated disagreement breaks out in Situation Room over hydroxychloroquine

By Jim Acosta and Kaitlan Collins, CNN

Updated 1:27 AM ET, Mon April 6, 2020


(CNN)There was a heated disagreement in the Situation Room this weekend over the efficacy of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine -- but multiple sources say it was mostly one-sided, as President Donald Trump's top trade adviser Peter Navarro feuded with other officials over the drug's unproven effectiveness to treat coronavirus.

(Edited for compliance)


Axios first reported on the disagreement inside the White House about the drug.

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the advisers who has urged caution about the drug, a person familiar with the meeting told CNN.

Navarro had brought a stack of paperwork with him into the Situation Room on the drug, arguing it was proof that it could work to treat coronavirus, which Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, disagreed with because it was not data.

"What are you talking about?" Fauci asked -- a question that set Navarro off. He became indignant, and at one point, accused Fauci of opposing Trump's travel restrictions on China, which confused many in the room, given Fauci was one of the initial few to agree with Trump on the move, the source said.

A source close to the task force said Fauci is not backing off of his belief that hydroxychloroquine is not a proven treatment for coronavirus. When CNN's Jeremy Diamond asked Fauci to comment on the matter Sunday night, Trump stepped in and didn't allow Fauci to answer. But a source said the doctor has already offered his opinion on the drug in other venues and would continue to do so.

[Edited 4/6/20 6:40am]
popcorn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 04/06/20 8:33am

kitbradley

avatar

Taking medical advise from Donald Trump is the same as taking medical advise from a crack or heroine addict. Donald Trump is not a doctor! He has ZERO idea what he is talking about. He's just blathering out whatever stupid, ignorant thoughts that pop into his head. Look, I don't give a rat's behind if you voted for him. If you are listening to his medical advise, he is going to kill you! It just baffles me why anyone will any working brain cells believes anything he says. Put your politics aside and use some common sense instead!!!!!!

"It's not nice to fuck with K.B.! All you haters will see!" - Kitbradley
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 04/06/20 8:50am

jjhunsecker

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

13cjk13 said:

He acts as if Dump discovered the medications. The asshole doesn't have a single clue about anything, isn't curious or knowledgeable about anything, and only cares about amassing money and being in the spotlight. He's just parroting what someone is telling him. This time perhaps they were right, and if they are, the asshole will act as if it was his idea all along. Gaslighting as usual. Fuck him.



At a White House coronavirus briefing Sunday, President Trump continued to push hydroxychloroquine against the advice of doctors and health experts who say its efficacy against the coronavirus is unproven and warn of dangerous side effects.



Mr. Trump suggested he was speaking on gut instinct, and acknowledged he had no expertise on the subject.

I wonder how much stock he has in the companies that make hydroxycloroquine ? Since that would probably be the MAIN , if not ONLY reason he would mention it so often

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 04/06/20 9:15am

lazycrockett

avatar

^Drumpf sure as hell isnt pushing the meds to help the american people, hes making money off of it. That is all everything he does is about.

The Most Important Thing In Life Is Sincerity....Once You Can Fake That, You Can Fake Anything.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 04/06/20 9:31am

rednblue

kitbradley said:

Taking medical advise from Donald Trump is the same as taking medical advise from a crack or heroine addict. Donald Trump is not a doctor! He has ZERO idea what he is talking about. He's just blathering out whatever stupid, ignorant thoughts that pop into his head. Look, I don't give a rat's behind if you voted for him. If you are listening to his medical advise, he is going to kill you! It just baffles me why anyone will any working brain cells believes anything he says. Put your politics aside and use some common sense instead!!!!!!


Gonna be laughed at, but don't care. Also, I'm guessing you didn't intend to make a comment that is both disparaging and inaccurate. I'm gonna say something because we don't need any more of the bolded...most especially, now. An endless variety of people have substance use issues.

As an example, there could be a similar tendency to dehumanize through equating brain abilities of each and every person diagnosed with autism, e.g. via some false generalization about relatively reduced empathy. Would you use that thinking to equate taking advice from any and all people diagnosed with autism (on, say, a human rights issue) with taking human rights advice from Donald Trump?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Covid 19 :: Warning: Chloroquine Phosphate - There is No Antidote