independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 6th Dec 2019 3:00am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > House passes bill making animal cruelty a federal felony
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 11/25/19 6:14pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

seems that trump signed it into law... a terrible over reach... agreeing that is should be a crime is not the same as the fed claiming an authority it doesn't have...


https://abcnews.go.com/Po...d=67295654

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 11/25/19 9:55pm

mELdOURADOsELV
AGEM

OldFriends4Sale said:



https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Michigan-is-a-No-Kill-state-for-shelter-animals--559845821.html?fbclid=IwAR2kkAJtmfkaWEjdi1WU0R7Hfpo2861_LWmAdVkv5wC3f0QXclFpGDbgcec





Michigan is now 'no-kill' state for shelter animals



To be considered a "no-kill" state, 90 percent of animals are either returned to owners, transferred to other shelters and rescue organizations, or adopted.


"This is an amazing first for our state," said Deborah Schutt, MPFA founder and chairperson. "When the shelters in a state combine to meet the 90% target, that state is considered No-Kill for shelter animals. Only Delaware, which has three shelters, compared to 174 in Michigan, also reached the No Kill benchmark last year."



I didn't realize that the humane society killed pets
until after I had them get
my dogs I wanted to have
someone adopt because I
want able to take them to
where I was going, that's
when someone told me that.
Immediately, the next day
I went down there to see
if they were still alive
but didn't see them in any
if the cages so asked the
worker.

But as per the worker, I
signed a paper that stated
that I gave up my right to
know what happened to my
dog. But I insisted and
said if they were going to
kill them, I would just
readopt them and pay the
fee or whatever.

The management had to come
out and tell me that same
thing but he said that my
dogs were already adopted
out. Probably said that to
get rid of me. I only hope
he want lying. ☚ī¸

But at the time, I was so
relieved that they were
adopted out that I didn't
think he could be lying.

Anyway, years later, from
2016 catS came to my house
and dropped off their babies and those babies
had babies and in 2 years
I had a lot of cats. Maybe
20-30.

The latest batch didn't have a mama so I wanted to
give them up to HS. A
friend said to raise them
until they were tamed and
a certain size and weight
otherwise they would kill
kill them.

I took that responsibility
so seriously because I
don't want them to kill my
babies, I raised them a
little bigger than was
asked, just in case.

They were the cutest, 😍
sweetest babies but I had
to let them go. ☚ī¸

At least I know they had a
chance now! 😍

But I hate that they kill
pets at places that you
think are FOR animals. 😤
mushy
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 11/26/19 5:41am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

OnlyNDaUsa said:

seems that trump signed it into law... a terrible over reach... agreeing that is should be a crime is not the same as the fed claiming an authority it doesn't have...


https://abcnews.go.com/Po...d=67295654

Yeah, you've stated you think it's too much already

but I suspect Florida governor and state officials along with some others from states down that way, got this going because of what happens/doesn't happen enough during Hurricane season.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 11/26/19 5:43am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

a little news from down under

Australian kangaroo killer avoids jail

7 hrs ago

An Australian man who deliberately mowed down at least 20 kangaroos with a truck avoided jail on Tuesday after pleading guilty to animal cruelty, local media reported.

The dead animals, including two joeys, were found littered over roads in the far south-east of the country in September.

Bega District News reported that Nathan Sanger, 20, appeared in a local court Tuesday where he admitted his role in the killing spree, which lasted an hour and sparked widespread outrage.

The court heard Sanger had caused "a lot of suffering to a large number of defenceless animals" in an act of "gratuitous cruelty".

Sanger was facing up to five years' jail for torturing or beating and causing the death of an animal, but the first-time offender was ordered to complete 500 hours of community service.

He had already begun volunteering at a sanctuary for native Australian animals in an attempt to make amends, according to the newspaper.

A second man who police allege was in the car at the time of the incident pleaded not guilty. His case will return to court in January.
.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/...ocid=ientp

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 11/26/19 5:51am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

poppys said:

Agree with all the animal protection measures. Pets of course, including exotic, but also farming and lab animals. I saw your thread before maplenpg, but did not respond because I get physically ill over mistreatment of animals.

I saved a few after Katrina and have spayed/neutered 16+ feral cats myself over the years. There are catch and release programs here. You put them back in the neighborhood where you got them, and there are feeding stations and good samaritans (like me) that stock the stations. It actually began in London with a group called Alley Cat Allies. The vet snips the tip of the ear so people don't recatch the same ones over and over. My house cat Iris started out as a feral rescue someone gave me. Took awhile but she was able to be domesticated. She is 13 now.

The problem after hurricanes, especially Katrina, was that the shelters and official rescuers would not rescue pets, and they forced people to leave, you weren't allowed to stay if they saw you. Now they have changed that law, you can take your pets and they have various shelters. Still better to evacuate before the storm because you are separated from your pets.

Of course there are people who just leave them etc. When I lived in the islands, many people believed the folklore that you should put your pets outside during a hurricane and they would naturally know what to do which is ridiculous. Poodles, pekingese and kittens senselessly dying for no reason. People are really stupid sometimes.

Yeah, better safe than sorry.
I think if you have pets and farm animals you should be expected to have evac plans.

If you cannot care enough to make sure they are safe you should not have them, including larger business that have pigs, chickens etc. There should be evac procedures when they start announcing that people need to leave. And these business should not be able to recoup for losses when they don't provide safe escape for the animals.

.

I think it is because naturally animals(wild) do have a sense of something about to happen and evac before the storms/earthquakes/sunami's hit. I remember watching a vid of a sunami in the Philipines I believe, and they had elephants on the beach with the tourists. Way before the storm hit, the elephants started acting disturbed and running inland. One guy kept pulling one of them back, because he didn't get it. Then he finally could not hold the elephant back and realized something was wrong. People started yelling follow the elephants. And horse always get to high ground during hurricanes etc But pets who are domesticated loose a lot of that interconnection with nature. Especially dogs. I think cat's still have a lot of it, but leaving kittens outside or animals in general is just stupid.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 11/26/19 7:16am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Yea, way to mean to the Bengals. hehe

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 11/26/19 7:22am

maplenpg

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

poppys said:

Agree with all the animal protection measures. Pets of course, including exotic, but also farming and lab animals. I saw your thread before maplenpg, but did not respond because I get physically ill over mistreatment of animals.

I saved a few after Katrina and have spayed/neutered 16+ feral cats myself over the years. There are catch and release programs here. You put them back in the neighborhood where you got them, and there are feeding stations and good samaritans (like me) that stock the stations. It actually began in London with a group called Alley Cat Allies. The vet snips the tip of the ear so people don't recatch the same ones over and over. My house cat Iris started out as a feral rescue someone gave me. Took awhile but she was able to be domesticated. She is 13 now.

The problem after hurricanes, especially Katrina, was that the shelters and official rescuers would not rescue pets, and they forced people to leave, you weren't allowed to stay if they saw you. Now they have changed that law, you can take your pets and they have various shelters. Still better to evacuate before the storm because you are separated from your pets.

Of course there are people who just leave them etc. When I lived in the islands, many people believed the folklore that you should put your pets outside during a hurricane and they would naturally know what to do which is ridiculous. Poodles, pekingese and kittens senselessly dying for no reason. People are really stupid sometimes.

Yeah, better safe than sorry.
I think if you have pets and farm animals you should be expected to have evac plans.

If you cannot care enough to make sure they are safe you should not have them, including larger business that have pigs, chickens etc. There should be evac procedures when they start announcing that people need to leave. And these business should not be able to recoup for losses when they don't provide safe escape for the animals.

.

I think it is because naturally animals(wild) do have a sense of something about to happen and evac before the storms/earthquakes/sunami's hit. I remember watching a vid of a sunami in the Philipines I believe, and they had elephants on the beach with the tourists. Way before the storm hit, the elephants started acting disturbed and running inland. One guy kept pulling one of them back, because he didn't get it. Then he finally could not hold the elephant back and realized something was wrong. People started yelling follow the elephants. And horse always get to high ground during hurricanes etc But pets who are domesticated loose a lot of that interconnection with nature. Especially dogs. I think cat's still have a lot of it, but leaving kittens outside or animals in general is just stupid.

Agree with all this, and well done Poppy, you crazy cat lady smile. There is an interesting article from an old National Geographic about the ability of animals to sense danger is on the way https://www.nationalgeogr...se-coming/.

My dog is really dumb. He wouldn't have the first clue what to do.

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 11/26/19 7:26am

maplenpg

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

a little news from down under

Australian kangaroo killer avoids jail

7 hrs ago

An Australian man who deliberately mowed down at least 20 kangaroos with a truck avoided jail on Tuesday after pleading guilty to animal cruelty, local media reported.

The dead animals, including two joeys, were found littered over roads in the far south-east of the country in September.

Bega District News reported that Nathan Sanger, 20, appeared in a local court Tuesday where he admitted his role in the killing spree, which lasted an hour and sparked widespread outrage.

The court heard Sanger had caused "a lot of suffering to a large number of defenceless animals" in an act of "gratuitous cruelty".

Sanger was facing up to five years' jail for torturing or beating and causing the death of an animal, but the first-time offender was ordered to complete 500 hours of community service.

He had already begun volunteering at a sanctuary for native Australian animals in an attempt to make amends, according to the newspaper.

A second man who police allege was in the car at the time of the incident pleaded not guilty. His case will return to court in January.
.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/...ocid=ientp

Locally, we had a case where someone deliberately ran over some ducks and their ducklings. All in all around 15 were killed IIRC. He didn't get jail either. Sentences are far too lenient for animal cruelty, they really are. The only thing I'll give the guy in your article is that he is now volunteering in an animal shelter. Let's hope he really does see the error of his ways.

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 11/26/19 7:28am

maplenpg

avatar

mELdOURADOsELVAGEM said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Michigan-is-a-No-Kill-state-for-shelter-animals--559845821.html?fbclid=IwAR2kkAJtmfkaWEjdi1WU0R7Hfpo2861_LWmAdVkv5wC3f0QXclFpGDbgcec

Michigan is now 'no-kill' state for shelter animals

To be considered a "no-kill" state, 90 percent of animals are either returned to owners, transferred to other shelters and rescue organizations, or adopted.

"This is an amazing first for our state," said Deborah Schutt, MPFA founder and chairperson. "When the shelters in a state combine to meet the 90% target, that state is considered No-Kill for shelter animals. Only Delaware, which has three shelters, compared to 174 in Michigan, also reached the No Kill benchmark last year."

I didn't realize that the humane society killed pets until after I had them get my dogs I wanted to have someone adopt because I want able to take them to where I was going, that's when someone told me that. Immediately, the next day I went down there to see if they were still alive but didn't see them in any if the cages so asked the worker. But as per the worker, I signed a paper that stated that I gave up my right to know what happened to my dog. But I insisted and said if they were going to kill them, I would just readopt them and pay the fee or whatever. The management had to come out and tell me that same thing but he said that my dogs were already adopted out. Probably said that to get rid of me. I only hope he want lying. ☚ī¸ But at the time, I was so relieved that they were adopted out that I didn't think he could be lying. Anyway, years later, from 2016 catS came to my house and dropped off their babies and those babies had babies and in 2 years I had a lot of cats. Maybe 20-30. The latest batch didn't have a mama so I wanted to give them up to HS. A friend said to raise them until they were tamed and a certain size and weight otherwise they would kill kill them. I took that responsibility so seriously because I don't want them to kill my babies, I raised them a little bigger than was asked, just in case. They were the cutest, 😍 sweetest babies but I had to let them go. ☚ī¸ At least I know they had a chance now! 😍 But I hate that they kill pets at places that you think are FOR animals. 😤

Yup. I now try to only support animal charities with a 'no kill' (unless very ill, or dangerous) policy.

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 11/26/19 8:04am

poppys

maplenpg said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

Yeah, better safe than sorry.
I think if you have pets and farm animals you should be expected to have evac plans.

If you cannot care enough to make sure they are safe you should not have them, including larger business that have pigs, chickens etc. There should be evac procedures when they start announcing that people need to leave. And these business should not be able to recoup for losses when they don't provide safe escape for the animals.

.

I think it is because naturally animals(wild) do have a sense of something about to happen and evac before the storms/earthquakes/sunami's hit. I remember watching a vid of a sunami in the Philipines I believe, and they had elephants on the beach with the tourists. Way before the storm hit, the elephants started acting disturbed and running inland. One guy kept pulling one of them back, because he didn't get it. Then he finally could not hold the elephant back and realized something was wrong. People started yelling follow the elephants. And horse always get to high ground during hurricanes etc But pets who are domesticated loose a lot of that interconnection with nature. Especially dogs. I think cat's still have a lot of it, but leaving kittens outside or animals in general is just stupid.


Agree with all this, and well done Poppy, you crazy cat lady smile. There is an interesting article from an old National Geographic about the ability of animals to sense danger is on the way https://www.nationalgeogr...se-coming/.

My dog is really dumb. He wouldn't have the first clue what to do.


I remenber that about the Christmas 2004 tsunami in Indonesia. The animals went to higher ground, and some native peoples also sensed it and fled ahead of the event.

That stuff gets passed down generationally, sometimes not even that long ago. In the islands, and even when I moved here, some people would say hurricanes named with female names were not as bad, LOL. They've only been naming hurricanes since 1953 - and it first started out with all female names.

Some people have terrible prejudice against cats. Because of the witch lore and all that. Black cats are the least adopted in shelters, also black dogs. I "rescued" (nobody called it that then) my dog Jack in St Croix in 1994. Greatest and smartest dog ever, border collie mixed with pommie maybe. Made 16 years old - some people said he was ugly because he was black and funny looking and I named him a people name. Now all that has changed for the good.

politics: the art or science of government.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 11/26/19 8:38am

maplenpg

avatar

poppys said:

maplenpg said:


Agree with all this, and well done Poppy, you crazy cat lady smile. There is an interesting article from an old National Geographic about the ability of animals to sense danger is on the way https://www.nationalgeogr...se-coming/.

My dog is really dumb. He wouldn't have the first clue what to do.


I remenber that about the Christmas 2004 tsunami in Indonesia. The animals went to higher ground, and some native peoples also sensed it and fled ahead of the event.

That stuff gets passed down generationally, sometimes not even that long ago. In the islands, and even when I moved here, some people would say hurricanes named with female names were not as bad, LOL. They've only been naming hurricanes since 1953 - and it first started out with all female names.

Some people have terrible prejudice against cats. Because of the witch lore and all that. Black cats are the least adopted in shelters, also black dogs. I "rescued" (nobody called it that then) my dog Jack in St Croix in 1994. Greatest and smartest dog ever, border collie mixed with pommie maybe. Made 16 years old - some people said he was ugly because he was black and funny looking and I named him a people name. Now all that has changed for the good.

Sadly there is still some 'witchcraft' type shit going on. In our paper there has been a story of sheep and cattle being killed then sprayed with satanic symbols in the last few days!

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/24/sheep-cattle-stabbed-death-sprayed-satanic-symbols-11210327/


We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 11/26/19 9:33am

poppys

Yeah, I can't look at photos like that without getting physically sick every time, so I'll have to move along.

politics: the art or science of government.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 11/26/19 10:10am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

maplenpg said:

poppys said:


I remenber that about the Christmas 2004 tsunami in Indonesia. The animals went to higher ground, and some native peoples also sensed it and fled ahead of the event.

That stuff gets passed down generationally, sometimes not even that long ago. In the islands, and even when I moved here, some people would say hurricanes named with female names were not as bad, LOL. They've only been naming hurricanes since 1953 - and it first started out with all female names.

Some people have terrible prejudice against cats. Because of the witch lore and all that. Black cats are the least adopted in shelters, also black dogs. I "rescued" (nobody called it that then) my dog Jack in St Croix in 1994. Greatest and smartest dog ever, border collie mixed with pommie maybe. Made 16 years old - some people said he was ugly because he was black and funny looking and I named him a people name. Now all that has changed for the good.

Sadly there is still some 'witchcraft' type shit going on. In our paper there has been a story of sheep and cattle being killed then sprayed with satanic symbols in the last few days!

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/24/sheep-cattle-stabbed-death-sprayed-satanic-symbols-11210327/


In parts of N Europe and the UK people still leave sheep/cattle out to pasture without bringing them in at night?

I know there aren't any predators(non human) anymore in those areas right?

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 11/26/19 10:11am

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

maplenpg said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

a little news from down under

Australian kangaroo killer avoids jail

7 hrs ago

An Australian man who deliberately mowed down at least 20 kangaroos with a truck avoided jail on Tuesday after pleading guilty to animal cruelty, local media reported.

The dead animals, including two joeys, were found littered over roads in the far south-east of the country in September.

Bega District News reported that Nathan Sanger, 20, appeared in a local court Tuesday where he admitted his role in the killing spree, which lasted an hour and sparked widespread outrage.

The court heard Sanger had caused "a lot of suffering to a large number of defenceless animals" in an act of "gratuitous cruelty".

Sanger was facing up to five years' jail for torturing or beating and causing the death of an animal, but the first-time offender was ordered to complete 500 hours of community service.

He had already begun volunteering at a sanctuary for native Australian animals in an attempt to make amends, according to the newspaper.

A second man who police allege was in the car at the time of the incident pleaded not guilty. His case will return to court in January.
.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/...ocid=ientp

Locally, we had a case where someone deliberately ran over some ducks and their ducklings. All in all around 15 were killed IIRC. He didn't get jail either. Sentences are far too lenient for animal cruelty, they really are. The only thing I'll give the guy in your article is that he is now volunteering in an animal shelter. Let's hope he really does see the error of his ways.

and not there to fantasized about how to kill more, because you know people are next

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 11/26/19 10:24am

maplenpg

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

maplenpg said:

Sadly there is still some 'witchcraft' type shit going on. In our paper there has been a story of sheep and cattle being killed then sprayed with satanic symbols in the last few days!

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/24/sheep-cattle-stabbed-death-sprayed-satanic-symbols-11210327/


In parts of N Europe and the UK people still leave sheep/cattle out to pasture without bringing them in at night?

I know there aren't any predators(non human) anymore in those areas right?

I can only speak for the fields by me (I live in farming country). The sheep get left out at night. When they have lambs they get taken in I think. I think their only predator is foxes, and kills by foxes are rare. I'm not sure about the cows, they seem to be out all the time. I'll try to have a chat with one of my farmer neighbours in the next few days and get back to you with a more confident answer biggrin.

We are all okay, as long as "we" are the ones living on top of the empire of eternal war. - Jaawwnn
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > House passes bill making animal cruelty a federal felony