independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 14th Oct 2019 6:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Virginia Gov Ralph Northam - Should he step down? - 2
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 02/12/19 5:23pm

YESWECAN

benni said:

YESWECAN said:

To review: The only one to leave is going to be the minority and the two have racist past are staying.

Sad for the state and DC progressives. The swamp is alive and well.


To recap: The Democrats are asking them to step down.

And obviously it's not working. If liberals didn't have double standards they would have none at all.

Southern democrats voted against civil rights and raised racist governors.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 02/12/19 5:24pm

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:



2elijah said:


poppys said: to


He has serious issues around racial equality, can't even say the word slavery. All he does is stick his foot directly in his mouth, every time.

Business Insider 2/10/19

Embattled Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam corrected by journalist Gayle King after he calls slaves 'indentured servants'


Virginia Governor Ralph Northam was corrected by journalist Gayle King after calling slaves "indentured servants."


In an interview with King on "CBS This Morning," Northam acknowledged it had been "a difficult week" for him and began talking about Virginia's history.


"We are now at the 400-year anniversary," the Democratic governor said. "Just 90 miles here in 1619, the first indentured servants from Africa landed on our shores in Old Point Comfort, what we call now Fort Monroe, and while ..."


King interjected: "Also known as slavery."

"Yes," Northam said...


There were significant legal differences between indentured servitude and slavery, notably that indentured servants still had legal rights and entered into a contract with an end date.




He tried to put ice cream on it by saying ‘indentured servants’
as though they signed a contract agreeing to be that. Why is it so many are afraid to tell the ugly truths about slavery in America. Either way the fool should resign.


Yes. That was one thing his PR fixers cooked up that didn't fly.

As objective as Gayle was, and I admire her for that, there are just too many glaring things in that interview that say he is not ready to be Gov of a diverse population. Meanwhile, Fairfax is getting hammered again today, bait and switch.


I agree with the bolded part. He should stop embarrassing himself and step down.
“Uncomfortable conversations creates change” — Anonymous
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 02/12/19 5:26pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

poppys said:

Yes. That was one thing his PR fixers cooked up that didn't fly.

As objective as Gayle was, and I admire her for that, there are just too many glaring things in that interview that say he is not ready to be Gov of a diverse population. Meanwhile, Fairfax is getting hammered again today, bait and switch.

I agree with the bolded part. He should stop embarrassing himself and step down.


Agreed

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 02/12/19 5:28pm

YESWECAN

2elijah said:

poppys said:

Yes. That was one thing his PR fixers cooked up that didn't fly.

As objective as Gayle was, and I admire her for that, there are just too many glaring things in that interview that say he is not ready to be Gov of a diverse population. Meanwhile, Fairfax is getting hammered again today, bait and switch.

I agree with the bolded part. He should stop embarrassing himself and step down.

Short of being violent towards the person blackface, I can't think of more racist photo...

Has Barry made a comment?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 02/12/19 5:33pm

benni

avatar

YESWECAN said:

benni said:


To recap: The Democrats are asking them to step down.

And obviously it's not working. If liberals didn't have double standards they would have none at all.

Southern democrats voted against civil rights and raised racist governors.


You realize that historically, the agenda of the Republicans and Democrats have switched places over the years? Yes? If not, you might want to re-educate yourself.

And how is Democrats calling for our own to step down when they do wrong a "double standard" when it is the Republicans who call out Democrats when they do wrong, but when their own do it, they make every excuse in the book for that one?

You're just a trolling the threads to sow dissent, but I guess you learned that from Trump.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 02/12/19 6:14pm

YESWECAN

benni said:

YESWECAN said:

And obviously it's not working. If liberals didn't have double standards they would have none at all.

Southern democrats voted against civil rights and raised racist governors.


You realize that historically, the agenda of the Republicans and Democrats have switched places over the years? Yes? If not, you might want to re-educate yourself.

And how is Democrats calling for our own to step down when they do wrong a "double standard" when it is the Republicans who call out Democrats when they do wrong, but when their own do it, they make every excuse in the book for that one?

You're just a trolling the threads to sow dissent, but I guess you learned that from Trump.

Trolling would be leaving. I'm here.

We're talking the beginning of the Civil rights movement. Kind of takes big ones to act righteous and throw stones when you were against it decade or two earlier. My conterntion is that all people are prejudice. It's human nature. White, Black, Asian, Hispanic ...etc. I don't believe in any politicians.

I don't stand up for any party. I watch what people do and judge. Can't think of anytime where I stood up or defended a racist or someone who's sexually assaulted someone.

Trump is the establishments own doing. The corruption, coersion and shaming of the Tea Party movement realized.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 02/12/19 6:30pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

benni said:

YESWECAN said:

And obviously it's not working. If liberals didn't have double standards they would have none at all.

Southern democrats voted against civil rights and raised racist governors.


You realize that historically, the agenda of the Republicans and Democrats have switched places over the years? Yes? If not, you might want to re-educate yourself.

And how is Democrats calling for our own to step down when they do wrong a "double standard" when it is the Republicans who call out Democrats when they do wrong, but when their own do it, they make every excuse in the book for that one?

You're just a trolling the threads to sow dissent, but I guess you learned that from Trump.


the name is a mockery as well.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 02/12/19 7:26pm

YESWECAN

DiminutiveRocker said:

benni said:


You realize that historically, the agenda of the Republicans and Democrats have switched places over the years? Yes? If not, you might want to re-educate yourself.

And how is Democrats calling for our own to step down when they do wrong a "double standard" when it is the Republicans who call out Democrats when they do wrong, but when their own do it, they make every excuse in the book for that one?

You're just a trolling the threads to sow dissent, but I guess you learned that from Trump.


the name is a mockery as well.

Exactly.

And your quote is from a slave owner.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 02/12/19 8:00pm

13cjk13

benni said:

YESWECAN said:

And obviously it's not working. If liberals didn't have double standards they would have none at all.

Southern democrats voted against civil rights and raised racist governors.


You realize that historically, the agenda of the Republicans and Democrats have switched places over the years? Yes? If not, you might want to re-educate yourself.

And how is Democrats calling for our own to step down when they do wrong a "double standard" when it is the Republicans who call out Democrats when they do wrong, but when their own do it, they make every excuse in the book for that one?

You're just a trolling the threads to sow dissent, but I guess you learned that from Trump.

Libertarian double speak and insanely hypocrytical contradictions, that's how.

"If we had had confidence the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 02/13/19 6:43am

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

benni said:


You realize that historically, the agenda of the Republicans and Democrats have switched places over the years? Yes? If not, you might want to re-educate yourself.

And how is Democrats calling for our own to step down when they do wrong a "double standard" when it is the Republicans who call out Democrats when they do wrong, but when their own do it, they make every excuse in the book for that one?

You're just a trolling the threads to sow dissent, but I guess you learned that from Trump.


the name is a mockery as well.


Click on the ID and you will find everything you need to know. Jan 26, 2009, 4% is not a mandate...

"people like you"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 02/13/19 6:52am

poppys

2elijah said:

poppys said:

Yes. That was one thing his PR fixers cooked up that didn't fly.

As objective as Gayle was, and I admire her for that, there are just too many glaring things in that interview that say he is not ready to be Gov of a diverse population. Meanwhile, Fairfax is getting hammered again today, bait and switch.


I agree with the bolded part. He should stop embarrassing himself and step down.


What do you think about that interview in general? Were there better questions to ask? Should she have been tougher on him? Would it have made a difference anyway? I feel like once he landed an interview with Gayle King on CBS after hiding out for an entire week, the fix was pretty much in for him to stay. There was nothing about him stepping down. That facial recognition software thing really bugs me. He is not having to prove or answer to anything. Soft news.

"people like you"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 02/13/19 11:43am

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:



2elijah said:


poppys said:


Yes. That was one thing his PR fixers cooked up that didn't fly.

As objective as Gayle was, and I admire her for that, there are just too many glaring things in that interview that say he is not ready to be Gov of a diverse population. Meanwhile, Fairfax is getting hammered again today, bait and switch.




I agree with the bolded part. He should stop embarrassing himself and step down.



What do you think about that interview in general? Were there better questions to ask? Should she have been tougher on him? Would it have made a difference anyway? I feel like once he landed an interview with Gayle King on CBS after hiding out for an entire week, the fix was pretty much in for him to stay. There was nothing about him stepping down. That facial recognition software thing really bugs me. He is not having to prove or answer to anything. Soft news.


I don’t think it would’ve made a difference, because he is hell bent on not resigning.
“Uncomfortable conversations creates change” — Anonymous
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 02/14/19 8:13am

happinessinits
uncutform

I stand by what I initially said. Don't think he should resign over that controversial picture. Many Democrats at this point are calling him to resign only to make themselves look better in the spotlight. Enforcing political correctness is what the party's all about I get it, and I'm totally behind it....but again I reiterate, he dressed up as Michael Jackson cos he liked him. Blackface is never cool but really, everyone believes that once you make a mistake there's no room for individual to grow and learn? And yes that is what you call a mistake rather than hate-driven provocation. I guarentee, left right man woman...no one really has such a thing as pristine past that's good enough for everyone. Such a shame what's been revealed about Warren, might as well throw rocks at Biden too for all those 'handsy'pics of him with women...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 02/14/19 8:25am

2elijah

avatar

happinessinitsuncutform said:

I stand by what I initially said. Don't think he should resign over that controversial picture. Many Democrats at this point are calling him to resign only to make themselves look better in the spotlight. Enforcing political correctness is what the party's all about I get it, and I'm totally behind it....but again I reiterate, he dressed up as Michael Jackson cos he liked him. Blackface is never cool but really, everyone believes that once you make a mistake there's no room for individual to grow and learn? And yes that is what you call a mistake rather than hate-driven provocation. I guarentee, left right man woman...no one really has such a thing as pristine past that's good enough for everyone. Such a shame what's been revealed about Warren, might as well throw rocks at Biden too for all those 'handsy'pics of him with women...


It’s coming from both parties for him to resign, not just the Dems.
“Uncomfortable conversations creates change” — Anonymous
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 02/14/19 8:48am

happinessinits
uncutform

2elijah said:

happinessinitsuncutform said:

I stand by what I initially said. Don't think he should resign over that controversial picture. Many Democrats at this point are calling him to resign only to make themselves look better in the spotlight. Enforcing political correctness is what the party's all about I get it, and I'm totally behind it....but again I reiterate, he dressed up as Michael Jackson cos he liked him. Blackface is never cool but really, everyone believes that once you make a mistake there's no room for individual to grow and learn? And yes that is what you call a mistake rather than hate-driven provocation. I guarentee, left right man woman...no one really has such a thing as pristine past that's good enough for everyone. Such a shame what's been revealed about Warren, might as well throw rocks at Biden too for all those 'handsy'pics of him with women...

It’s coming from both parties for him to resign, not just the Dems.

Ha that's just red herring and you know it. Look what they've let people like Trump or Paul Ryan get away with . And Now that their frontman is caught in the middle of shirstorm he caused, that 'racist' democrat governor Northam is practically their savior for getting some heat off of them. As far as this issue is concerned most conservatives cannot be taken serious.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 3 <123
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Virginia Gov Ralph Northam - Should he step down? - 2