independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 11th Dec 2019 4:25pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 19 of 36 « First<151617181920212223>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #540 posted 02/19/19 7:49am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

DiminutiveRocker said:


That's what is perplexing - if he did orchestrate it, what was his intent in doing so?

The only logical thing to me would be if he had some sort of mental health issue going on. Cause this lie could ruin his career, and I can't imagine that a healthy person would do it. He won't gain anything from this, if it was a lie.


Mental health issues sounds about right. The risk to not only his career but to lie about a hate crime is serious. Since the two brothers say he orchestrated it, I think he is aready getting backlash from fans who were initially sympathtic. neutral

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #541 posted 02/19/19 7:54am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:



DiminutiveRocker said:




PennyPurple said:


If it is a hoax, then WTF was he thinking? His career would be ruined. And why would he go on Good Morning America for that interview? It would be very stupid of him.




That's what is perplexing - if he did orchestrate it, what was his intent in doing so?



The only logical thing to me would be if he had some sort of mental health issue going on. Cause this lie could ruin his career, and I can't imagine that a healthy person would do it. He won't gain anything from this, if it was a lie.



Or he assumed he would get away with it.
No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #542 posted 02/19/19 8:07am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

JorisE73 said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

The only logical thing to me would be if he had some sort of mental health issue going on. Cause this lie could ruin his career, and I can't imagine that a healthy person would do it. He won't gain anything from this, if it was a lie.


Maybe he has a new album coming out or something.

Remember he's a hollywood actor so evrything is about publicity and exposure.
Or maybe he really ws attacked, but to many sign point to hoax.

It's sad because this will hurt the cause for people who are real victims.

Yeah - but that is why you have a publicist. wink How can anyone who is in a healthy state of mental health thnk that they can get away wiht anything like this in the age of internet and social media?

EIther it really happened and looks hoaxy - or - he has some serious mental issues.

I agree, though - if is it is not true it will hurt those whom are real victims of these kinds of crimes.

"Families are torn apart, men women and children are separated. Children come home from school to find their parents have gone missing." - Anne Frank
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #543 posted 02/19/19 8:12am

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

The only logical thing to me would be if he had some sort of mental health issue going on. Cause this lie could ruin his career, and I can't imagine that a healthy person would do it. He won't gain anything from this, if it was a lie.


Mental health issues sounds about right. The risk to not only his career but to lie about a hate crime is serious. Since the two brothers say he orchestrated it, I think he is aready getting backlash from fans who were initially sympathtic. neutral


So weird if he did do it. Where is his head at? Maybe child actor fantasyland, not rational.

politics: the art or science of government.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #544 posted 02/19/19 8:41am

poppys

Meghan McCain is on the View saying if this is true, he's a sociopath. I cannot stand her. She is the worst kind of entitled brat with a megaphone. Everyone else is discussing the topic like adults, and she spits out a label that is really a medical diagnosis. Last time I checked, she's not a doctor.

politics: the art or science of government.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #545 posted 02/19/19 8:48am

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:

Meghan McCain is on the View saying if this is true, he's a sociopath. I cannot stand her. She is the worst kind of entitled brat with a megaphone. Everyone else is discussing the topic like adults, and she spits out a label that is really a medical diagnosis. Last time I checked, she's not a doctor.


Well you know, many of his biggest, harsh critics on social media and other platforms don’t really have a ‘genuine’ interest in this case. In the meantime, and at the end of the day, they’ll just have to wait until a decision is made by the grand jury, and wait to see what Jussie’s attorneys have to present vs the CPD’s investigation and questioning of the 2 brothers.
[Edited 2/19/19 9:02am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #546 posted 02/19/19 12:12pm

2elijah

avatar

Still find it strange that someone would intentionally kill their own career like that, if it is a hoax. Also, who are all these ‘unnamed sources’ from law enforcement who kept leaking info to the press? Lastly, were the brothers’ attorneys present when the 2 brothers made their statement to police? So much needs to be answered.


url]http://m.tmz.com/#!2019/02/19/lawyer-mark-geragos-might-represent-jussie-smollett/[/url]

JUSSIE SMOLLETT
Criminal Defense Attorney Mark Geragos ...
ON THE CASE


2/19/2019 11:54 AM PST


Mark Geragos reportedly is close to becoming Jussie Smollett's new criminal defense lawyer, and all signs were pointing to it Monday night.

Geragos appeared on CNN and made a ferocious case supporting Jussie and throwing major shade on the Chicago Police Department. Geragos suggested the leaks coming from the police were a thinly veiled attempt to skewer the actor.



We realized what was up the second Geragos appeared on Anderson Cooper's show and made repeated contacts with Geragos trying to find out if he was representing him -- it was the only way to read his comments. Geragos did not get back to us.

There are now reports he is close to representing the actor who is now in the crosshairs of the police department.

TMZ broke the story, a grand jury is about to convene to hear evidence as to whether Smollett should be indicted on the felony charge of filing a false police report.

Smollett has vehemently maintained the attack was real.”
[Edited 2/19/19 13:41pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #547 posted 02/19/19 12:18pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

poppys said:

Meghan McCain is on the View saying if this is true, he's a sociopath. I cannot stand her. She is the worst kind of entitled brat with a megaphone. Everyone else is discussing the topic like adults, and she spits out a label that is really a medical diagnosis. Last time I checked, she's not a doctor.

Image result for sociopaths among us

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence
I will make you cyber shit in your pants!
What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #548 posted 02/19/19 1:03pm

poppys

Maybe Mehgan McCain needs to look in the mirror if she's that good at spotting sociopaths. Damn, she can identify one she doesn't even know - right on your TV screen!

politics: the art or science of government.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #549 posted 02/19/19 3:27pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

No more jumping to conclusions. This time eye promise.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #550 posted 02/19/19 4:22pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

According to NBC5 in Chicago:

"Chicago police officials say they have shifted their focus from a hate crime investigation to one of filing a false report. At this point Chicago police have said Smollett is neither considered a victim nor a suspect and are waiting to hear from him."

https://www.nbcchicago.co...58301.html




REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #551 posted 02/19/19 4:55pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

According to NBC5 in Chicago:

"Chicago police officials say they have shifted their focus from a hate crime investigation to one of filing a false report. At this point Chicago police have said Smollett is neither considered a victim nor a suspect and are waiting to hear from him."


https://www.nbcchicago.co...58301.html







That's weird. Maybe they are gathering more information with the second interview to figure out if he was set up by the brothers? Nothing official yet. HOPE
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #552 posted 02/19/19 4:58pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Feds Reportedly Looking Into the Threatening Letter That Was Sent to Jussie Smollett (UPDATE)


https://www.complex.com/p...her-police

UPDATED 6:40 p.m. ET: The FBI and US Postal Inspection Services are looking to see if the threatening letter that was sent to Jussie Smollett was sent by the actor himself, Page Six reports. "You will die black f–k," the letter reportedly read.


Additionally, Chicago Police are now saying that a tip they received about Smollett and his alleged attackers being seen together in an elevator are "unfounded.



Oh so now the FBI has jumped into the mix? hmmm



Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #553 posted 02/19/19 5:01pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

luv4u said:

Feds Reportedly Looking Into the Threatening Letter That Was Sent to Jussie Smollett (UPDATE)


https://www.complex.com/p...her-police


UPDATED 6:40 p.m. ET: The FBI and US Postal Inspection Services are looking to see if the threatening letter that was sent to Jussie Smollett was sent by the actor himself, Page Six reports. "You will die black f–k," the letter reportedly read.



Additionally, Chicago Police are now saying that a tip they received about Smollett and his alleged attackers being seen together in an elevator are "unfounded.




Oh so now the FBI has jumped into the mix? hmmm






True because sending threatening mail is a federal crime. The feds are the ones to investigate that sort of shenanigans.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #554 posted 02/19/19 5:09pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

luv4u said:

Feds Reportedly Looking Into the Threatening Letter That Was Sent to Jussie Smollett (UPDATE)


https://www.complex.com/p...her-police

UPDATED 6:40 p.m. ET: The FBI and US Postal Inspection Services are looking to see if the threatening letter that was sent to Jussie Smollett was sent by the actor himself, Page Six reports. "You will die black f–k," the letter reportedly read.


Additionally, Chicago Police are now saying that a tip they received about Smollett and his alleged attackers being seen together in an elevator are "unfounded.



Oh so now the FBI has jumped into the mix? hmmm



several of us predicted that over a week ago...

[Edited 2/19/19 17:10pm]

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #555 posted 02/19/19 5:10pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

OnlyNDaUsa said:

luv4u said:

Feds Reportedly Looking Into the Threatening Letter That Was Sent to Jussie Smollett (UPDATE)


https://www.complex.com/p...her-police



Oh so now the FBI has jumped into the mix? hmmm



I predicted that over a week ago...


Care to find that and post the page link?

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #556 posted 02/19/19 5:14pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

luv4u said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

I predicted that over a week ago...


Care to find that and post the page link?

Reply #197 posted 02/10/19 1:42pm


i said it was a federal crime and I mentioned the letter.


No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #557 posted 02/19/19 5:15pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

OnlyNDaUsa said:

luv4u said:


Care to find that and post the page link?

Reply #197 posted 02/10/19 1:42pm


i said it was a federal crime and I mentioned the letter.



Thanks

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #558 posted 02/19/19 5:24pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

lol Save yourself some effort from changing the thread title and just make it:

Jussie Smollett...


biggrin

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #559 posted 02/19/19 5:26pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

luv4u said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

Reply #197 posted 02/10/19 1:42pm


i said it was a federal crime and I mentioned the letter.



Thanks

yeah, the letter (and others have said the same) was a federal crime. I assume the FBI and Homeland Security were looking into that already. The threat is one level adding the white powder another.


So the crimes could be a terroristic threat (adding the powder makes it a threat to more than just himself) The threat by mail another. Also conspiracy charges. As well as tampering with evidence (if he deleted anything from the phone once asked for it), making false statements, obstruction...

he could really do 20 years... and federal and state charges can be filed separately.


But it is not much of a reach that the feds will take over this case. If the letter is connected then crimes born of that criminal act can also be considered federal.

But it is a mess... and I would be very surprised if he does less than 5 (that is actually serve 5 years)

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #560 posted 02/19/19 5:27pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

djThunderfunk said:

lol Save yourself some effort from changing the thread title and just make it:

Jussie Smollett...


biggrin



lol

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #561 posted 02/19/19 5:27pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

djThunderfunk said:

lol Save yourself some effort from changing the thread title and just make it:

Jussie Smollett...


biggrin

Jussie Smollett Tumult!

No one is coming for your abortion: they just want common-sense abortion regulations: background checks, waiting periods, lifetime limits, take a class, and a small tax.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #562 posted 02/19/19 6:07pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

It is now a conspiracy against Chicago PD. Jussie will do no time. His new defense lawyer is going all in someone outta get him PD manipulating everything. He was just on CNN.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #563 posted 02/19/19 6:08pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:



luv4u said:




OnlyNDaUsa said:





Reply #197 posted 02/10/19 1:42pm


i said it was a federal crime and I mentioned the letter.





Thanks





yeah, the letter (and others have said the same) was a federal crime. I assume the FBI and Homeland Security were looking into that already. The threat is one level adding the white powder another.


So the crimes could be a terroristic threat (adding the powder makes it a threat to more than just himself) The threat by mail another. Also conspiracy charges. As well as tampering with evidence (if he deleted anything from the phone once asked for it), making false statements, obstruction...

he could really do 20 years... and federal and state charges can be filed separately.


But it is not much of a reach that the feds will take over this case. If the letter is connected then crimes born of that criminal act can also be considered federal.

But it is a mess... and I would be very surprised if he does less than 5 (that is actually serve 5 years)



Ha! He will walk.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #564 posted 02/19/19 6:20pm

muchtoofast

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:



luv4u said:




OnlyNDaUsa said:





Reply #197 posted 02/10/19 1:42pm


i said it was a federal crime and I mentioned the letter.





Thanks






yeah, the letter (and others have said the same) was a federal crime. I assume the FBI and Homeland Security were looking into that already. The threat is one level adding the white powder another.


So the crimes could be a terroristic threat (adding the powder makes it a threat to more than just himself) The threat by mail another. Also conspiracy charges. As well as tampering with evidence (if he deleted anything from the phone once asked for it), making false statements, obstruction...

he could really do 20 years... and federal and state charges can be filed separately.


But it is not much of a reach that the feds will take over this case. If the letter is connected then crimes born of that criminal act can also be considered federal.

But it is a mess... and I would be very surprised if he does less than 5 (that is actually serve 5 years)



Ha! He will walk.


Could always plead insanity.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #565 posted 02/19/19 6:57pm

PennyPurple

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

It is now a conspiracy against Chicago PD. Jussie will do no time. His new defense lawyer is going all in someone outta get him PD manipulating everything. He was just on CNN.

Dang I missed it. I'll have to tune in later.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #566 posted 02/19/19 7:11pm

2elijah

avatar

https://www.apnews.com/ae...a18800971e

Police dismiss tip Smollett, 2 brothers together in elevator
By DON BABWIN
an hour ago


CHICAGO (AP) — “Chicago police investigated but dismissed a tip that on the night “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett reported being attacked by two masked men he was in an elevator of his apartment building with two brothers later arrested and released from custody in the probe, a department spokesman said Tuesday.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said a person who lives in the building or was visiting someone there reported seeing the three together the night in question last month. However, he said video evidence allowed investigators to determine the report wasn’t credible.

Guglielmi said the two brothers did meet with prosecutors and police Tuesday in a Chicago courthouse. There was no immediate information about what they discussed.”

(Edited for compliance)

Anne Kavanagh, a spokeswoman for Smollett’s lawyers, said they would “keep an active dialogue with Chicago police on his behalf.” Kavanagh didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx said Tuesday that she is recusing herself from the investigation.

“Out of an abundance of caution, the decision to recuse herself was made to address potential questions of impartiality based upon familiarity with potential witnesses in the case,” Foxx’s spokeswoman Tandra Simonton said. Asked who Foxx is familiar with, Simonton said Foxx would have not further comment.”



*****


https://deadline.com/2019...202560431/

Cops Reject New Jussie Smollett Attack Case Tip; ‘Empire’ Actor Lawyers Up More

Shutterstock
by Dominic Patten
and Patrick Hipes
February 19, 2019 3:28pm

CPD has confirmed that a tip this morning about a sighting at the residential towers of individuals involved in this alleged incident is unfounded as it was not supported by video evidence obtained by detectives.”

— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) February 19, 2019

((Edited for compliance)

This short-lived new turn in the CPD probe comes as Smollett’s team has been in contact with Hollywood lawyer Mark Geragos “the last couple of days,” a source told Deadline on Tuesday.

There is no formal agreement between the two sides at present, we’re told, but such a move would bring the high-profile attorney into Smollett’s camp amid a swirl of conflicting accounts of an alleged attack on the Empire actor last month.

[Edited 2/19/19 20:00pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #567 posted 02/19/19 10:08pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #568 posted 02/19/19 10:12pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

REEFER MADNESS!
Joe Biden still thinks marijuana is a gateway drug:
https://www.businessinsid...t-2019-11/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #569 posted 02/19/19 11:24pm

JorisE73

DiminutiveRocker said:

EIther it really happened and looks hoaxy - or - he has some serious mental issues.

Or he's just plain dumb, like most of these hollywood types. When I see all these hollywood types behave and talk trash about for example Trump or any other political idiot they don't agree with I just shake my head.
As much as the so called right is being accused of horrible stuff by the left it seems the left is exactly the same or even worse by trying to smear the right by doing duimb outlandish shit.

It seems to me there's no difference between left wing celebs and there supporters and right wing Fox news idiots and there supporters.

They should all join forces and fight there corrupt government instead of fighting each other because to me it seems that is exactly what what there government wants.

As shitty as it sounds I really hope the guy was atacked by I don't care who, but it seems more and more likely he wasn't, especially when his two Nigerian colleagues say he orchestrated it all and even rehearsed it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 19 of 36 « First<151617181920212223>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse